๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๏ฟฝ...

By k4toon

โ—Ÿโ—ฆโž˜โ— ๐›๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š ๐ ๐ฎ๐ง โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹ โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰โ”‰ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต -- vi... More

๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐— ๐–บ ๐—„๐—‚๐—Œ๐—Œ, ๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—‹๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—Ž๐—‡
๐—‰๐—‹๐—ˆ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—€๐—Ž๐–พ. the victor
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ
๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–พ. a deadly punch in the gut
๐—๐—๐—ˆ. the capitols princess
๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹. an exquisite entrance
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐—๐–พ. we chose to kill
๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘. welcome to the show
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. a rebellious act
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—. the beginning of the end?
๐—‡๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ. sacrifices
๐—๐–พ๐—‡. i love you anyway
๐–พ๐—…๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡. you were right
๐—๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—๐–พ. focus on me
๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. showdown
๐–บ๐–ผ๐— ๐—๐—๐—ˆ
๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‹๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. shatters
๐–ฟ๐—‚๐–ฟ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. what is the truth?
๐—Œ๐—‚๐—‘๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. stay calm
๐—Œ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‡๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. don't lie to me
๐–พ๐—‚๐—€๐—๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡. none of it is real

๐—๐—๐—‹๐–พ๐–พ. search for allies

2.4K 54 3
By k4toon

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 003 , search for allies

   "I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the Games. Last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers," Haymitch said, picking up a silver remote.

Peeta straightened up in his chair. His features were irritated. His mind was anxious and angered, just as Katniss', but he couldn't just hide it like her. His discomfort was openly displayed for the others around him to see. "Alright. What does that mean for us?"

Haymitch, with a glass of alcohol in his hand walked up and down. His drinking had actually lessened to some extent, but since the Quarter Quell announcement, he fell back into the hole. One that he couldn't seem to get out of.

Once again, he had to send not only kids to their deaths, but also those he knew. In all his years as a mentor, he had sworn to himself that he would not become attached to his tributes. It would cause him nothing but pain.

District 12 has always had the weakest tributes, in part due to food shortages and fragile kids, and there was never any hope that there would ever be a winner out of twelve.

Partly for this reason, Haymitch started drinking. It didn't help him forget all the pain, but at least it dulled it a little. Made it seem less. Even if the next day everything was twice as bad, Haymitch enjoyed the time when he felt weightless.

"That means you're gonna have to have some allies."

Haymitch gestured around with his hands to emphasize the importance of his words. He was aware that the two tributes would forget or even ignore his words as soon as he left, but he wanted to at least try. He wanted to give them a chance for survival, because even though he would never admit it, Katniss and Peeta were closed up in his heart.

Understanding, Peeta hummed and glanced at Katniss. The brunette seemed lost in thought. "Okay. I think that if-"

"You're not the problem," the mentor interrupted with a dismissive hand gesture. Then he pointed at Katniss.

The girl let out a huff. "No."

In her mind, it made no sense to ally with anyone. It would make her weak. She was stuck thinking about Rue. The little girl with a much purer soul than Katniss could ever have, who was murdered in such cold blood. Katniss' heart still contracted painfully when she thought back to her first Hunger Games.

When she closed her eyes, it wasn't Rue looking helplessly at her with lifeless, tear-filled eyes while her pulse weakened, but her sister Prim. No, allies were not an option.

Haymitch suppressed an eye roll. He knew it would be difficult with the girl, but he needed to be patient with her. If it wouldn't work, he would take matters into his own hands. He sat down across from the two tributes from District Twelve.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years."

"That just puts us higher on their kill list," Katniss countered, completely averse from her mentors idea.

"Do it your own way, but I know these people. You go in alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down. Both of you."

Peeta looked persuasively at Katniss, but the girl was stubborn, much to the boys distaste. "Katniss, come on."

"How could any of us even trust each other?" She asked, her leg bouncing up and down anxiously. She felt defeated and exhausted by the whole idea that was about to happen.

"It's not about trust," Haymitch said distant, letting out a grunt. "It's about staying alive. Now let us take a look at the Tributes."

Katniss and Peeta sat down on the couch in front of the TV while Haymitch informed them about their opponents.

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District One," he started. "They won back-to-back Games. Capitol's favorites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal."

The two Tributes took in all the information.

The two siblings from One looked like models with their silky blond hair and gleaming white teeth. They smiled broadly at the camera, a dangerous smile. Cashmere, the girl, looked like a typical District One girl. In fact, she reminded Katniss of Glimmer.

The screen flickered to a reaping video of a brown-haired girl. She exuded confidence and had a challenging grin on her lips as she blew a kiss mockingly into the camera.

"Nova Jailey," Peeta mumbled, earning Katniss' attention. She turned her head towards him and waited for more.

"Yes," Haymitch agreed. "Female Tribute from District Two, victor of the 69th Hunger Games. She won her games at the age of fifteen."

Katniss frowned, immediately disliking the older girl. She was a Career and, of course, proud to be back in the games.

Katniss would never understand such a thing. How could anyone be proud of having killed others without even a little remorse or guilty conscience? How could one not give a single thought to the parents, siblings and friends of the tributes and show some empathy?

"She is incredibly sly, you have to be careful around her. She won her games by playing the other Careers against each other with their weaknesses."

"What about her weaknesses?" Katniss asked.

"Two known. First, her fellow Tribute from District Two, James Chase. The two have had a deep bond since they were kids and would do anything for each other without hesitation. Kill one of them and the other will hunt you down until you're dead."

Peeta nodded while Katniss watched the reaping video of the male tribute from Two. Her heart hammered against her chest and she realized how much more dangerous the tributes were this year.

Haymitch was right. The careers were already much scarier than the ones from last year like Cato or Clove. They were experienced, older and much stronger than Katniss and Peeta. On top of that they all know each other and were probably friends.

"What's the second one?"

"Her big heart."

Katniss snorted and clicked her tongue. "Yeah right. That's why she's excited to get back into the games. To kill more people."

Impatiently, Haymitch took a deep breath and licked his cracked lips. "Believe it or not, that girl is one of the kindest and most compassionate I've ever met."

"How can we use this to our advantage?" the blond boy asked.

Haymitch looked directly into Peeta's eyes. "She may be a Career and act like she doesn't care about anyone, but keep in mind that it's only pretend. Next up we have Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weird. Real tech-savy. Beetee won his Games by electrocuting six Tributes at once."

Katniss leaned forward and squinted her eyes slightly. A blond boy with a cocky grin looked into the camera.

"Finnick Odair, right?"

Haymitch nodded. "He won his games at the age of fourteen. Youngest victor ever. Extremely humble."

Katniss raised her eyebrows, "You're kidding."

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock. A total preener. But he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. Charming, smart and very skilled at combat. Especially in water."

"What about weaknesses?"

"One. Mags," he answered. "She volunteered for Annie. Mags was his mentor and basically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way, it exposes him."

The camera panned to an old lady. Her gray hair fell loosely on her shoulders and a sad smile tugged at her lips while a young red-haired woman hugged her, crying.

"A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it," Katniss said, folding her arms. Then she added, "I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her."

Haymitch suddenly became serious, growing annoyed by Katniss' negative attitude towards everything and everyone.

"Well, Katniss, I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly. She's actually a wonderful lady." The girl lowered her head in shame, realizing that her words were a bit harsh.

They looked at the remaining tributes and weighed who could be dangerous to them and who's less of a threat. They also watched out for possible allies; well, Peeta did at least.

✰ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !! —

katniss and nova enemies to lovers arc? i'm just kidding, unless...

reminder for you to stay hydrated and take medications if you need any. take care of yourself honey xx

don't forget to comment below what you think of this chapter. feedback and votes are appreciated.

— 𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 !! ✰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 707 22
"My name is Peeta Mellark." "I am seventeen years old." "I am in love with Katniss Everdeen" "She betrayed me." "I was in the Hunger Games." "I've be...
75.4K 2.1K 28
โ› I WONDER WHAT WILL BE YOUR MOTIVE NEXT? YOUR WILL TO LIVE, OR YOUR WILL TO LOVE? โœ in which silver quinn must, once again, find...
1.8K 45 12
๐“‡ผ โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐“†โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐“‡ผ แต€แดฑแดฑแดบแดฌแดณแดฑ แดฐแดฟแดฑแดฌแดน ๐“‡ผ โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐“†โ‹†๏ฝกหš ๐“‡ผ โ›๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฎ๏ฟฝ...
16.4K 187 20
Sequel to CLIFF JUMPING