Time To Hunt

By Don_Hoodini

In a world where superpowers called "Quirks" pop out around the globe. These quirks cover 80% of the populati... More

Ch. 1- The Beginning - part 1
Chapter 2 - The Beginning - Part II
Chapter 3 - Sharpening The Senses -
Chapter 4 - U.A Trial of the Hunt -
Chapter 5 - Meeting The Pack -
Chapter 6 - A Hobo Tests a Beast -
Chapter 7 - Battle Trial! - Part I
Chapter 8 - Battle Trial! - Part II
Chapter 9 - Battle Trial - Part III
Chapter 10 - The Hunt For A Class Rep! -
Chapter 11 - U.S.J Rumble - Part I
Chapter 12 -U.S.J Rumble- Part II
Chapter 13 -U.S.J Rumble- Part III
[S2] Ch. 14: Back for Blood
[S2] Chapter 15 - Ready, Set, SURGE!
[S2] Chapter: 16 - In Their Own Quirky & Chaotic Ways!
[S2] Chapter:17 - Cavalry Battle!
[S2] Chapter 18 - Fight On!
[S2] Chapter 19 - Only The Strongest Thrive....
[S2] Chapter 20 - And The Fight Continues!
[S2] Chapter 21 - Not Bad, Gravity Gal!
[S2] Chapter 22 - U.A Sports Festival - Mid Fight Masses
Chapter 23 - A Shocking Performance
Chapter 24 - (Y/N) (L/N): The Evolved
Chapter 25 - U.A Sports Festival - Final Match
Chapter 26 - Awards Ceremony
Chapter 27 - Time To Claim Our Names
Chapter 28 - An Odd Prey
Chapter 30 - Stage 2 Evolution
Ch 31 - Stay Sharp For The Final
Ch. 32 - Practical Exam Sneaky Wraith
Ch. 33 - New Usurpers
Ch. 33.5 - A Friendly Match
Ch. 34 - On the Prowl! The Training Camp Begins!
Chapter 35 - Those Who Lurks in The Shadows Fear The Horror Within
Ch. 37 - What A Chaotic Mind You Have!
Chapter 38 - Death Itself
Chapter 39 - The Symbol Of Peace

Chapter 29 - Know Thy Place

260 14 3
By Don_Hoodini

____________________________________________________________________

"Why I scouted you guys?" Hawkes held one of his feathers. "Cuz we're birds of a feather... Well the two of us at least." He added as he glanced at (L/N).

"Was that meant to be funny?" Tokoyami wondered.

"I'm 20% serious. And half of me just wanted to chat with a kid from class 1-A. I didn't thought you two would accept my offer, surely at least one of you must have received better offers." Hawks said truthfully as the room was slowly heating up.

"So you're saying you called us here just to.... Talk?" (Y/N) practically snarled at the last part."Why didn't you say that in the first place? We're not trash collectors, we're heroes." (Y/N) finished as he slightly burnt Hawks table unconsciously.

Tokoyami looked surprised with his reactions. Deep down, he felt the same way.

"About what exactly did you call us here to talk about?" Tokoyami changed the subject.

"Those punks who attacked you at the USJ. The League of Villains, was it?" Hawks questioned, crossing his arms on his chest.

"That's it?"

"Don't get me wrong." Hawkes continued, "I saw potential in you two too. There you stood on the podium. Two sharp looking students. A fellow bird and a adapting flying type, who could probably keep up with me or maybe even surpass me." Hawkes says truthfully, (Y/N) calmed down and nods to Tokoyami.

The two of them explained the best of their abilities what happened at USJ. Hawkes had a few questions to his own. Even so, the two grow more and more frustrated. During the week, they tried to keep up with Hawkes but to no avail, (Y/N) always comes short day by day but after each day the gap is slowly getting smaller and smaller, but he felt that Hawkes wasn't even using his top speed.

The two did caught a trick or two by observing the pro hero in action. Then the last day of internship arrived. They were back at the mainland.

"That was a huge waste of time. A whole week and we learned almost nothing." Tokoyami was frustrated. "Thanks to you we got some idea on how the pro's operates."

"Yeah, I know how that feel. Hey, at least we got some experience? Come on, let's go grab a bite. My treat." (Y/N) says as he wrap himself around his cloak.

"(L/N)? Tokoyami?" A familiar voice called. The two turned around.

"Jiro?" Both were surprised. "What're you doing here?"

"I just go back from my internship." She explained, "You two look horrible, did something happenen?"

"Quite the opposite actually." Tokoyami explained.

"How'd your internship went?" (Y/N) asked.

"I got interned at Death Arm's agency. Mostly physical training. But I got to use my quirk a few times." Jiro explained excitedly.

"We were going to grab something to eat. Wanna join?" (Y/N) finishes up wrapping himself in his cloak.

"Sure! I know a great Cafe around here." Jiro says as she fixed her hair.

+++++++

"So what you're telling me is that your entire internship consisted in you two running after Hawks?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Mostly is an understatement. It was just that, well except for (L/N) almost catching up to him just a bit." Tokoyami explained. She laughed at the two teens situation. 

"Sorry. I feel bad for you two." Jiro giggles.

"Yeah, you got that right. We have some more training to do, chasing him around gave me some ideas." (Y/N) says as he took a bite at his sandwich.

"Oh, did you guys heard about the Hosu incident?" Jiro continued.

"wasn't Iida interning there?" (Y/N) questioned as he finished up his sandwich.

"Yeah." Tokoyami answered him.

"I heard those things that attacked looked a lot like that birds villain guy from the USJ." Jiro says as she ate her strawberry cake.

"Really? Looks like the League is making moves again." (Y/N) sighed.

"In other news..." The trio turned their attention to a TV in the Cafe. "The police is still investigating the sudden rise of quirk enhancing drugs. The police also urges, if you see these men..." A photo of three individuals appeared, one was bald and had a unmistakable scar going down on his left eye. The other two looked like they're twins were sporting black and white vests and a tribal marking on their collarbone and neck respectively. "...to call immediately."

(Y/N) looks out the window. And wouldn't ya know it? The criminal Trio from the news has just entered a alleyway on the other side of the road.

"My mind is telling me no... But my body... my body is telling me yes." (Y/N) said in disbelief.

"What?" The other two looked out. "Oh..."

"Uh-huh... Let's do this." (L/N) got up, Jiro stopped him by holding his arm.

"What're you doing? You're not gonna..." She trailed off worried.

"Yes." He put the money on the table to pay for their lunch and a huge tip. "Yes, I am."

"I'm going with you." Tokoyami got up, follwing him.

"W-wait. You guys can't be serious. You could get into trouble for this. Just call the police and..." Jiro tried to persuade them.

"It's almost as if this moment was made for us. Listen Jiro. I appreciate your concern, but all we have done this week is chase and watch. There's no time hesitate now. Don't worry... We got this." (Y/N) gave her a reassuring smile.

The two left the cafe. Sneakily following the trio. As they peeped into the alley, they were surprised when Jiro joined them.

"If I didn't come with you guys wouldn't be very Rockin' at all." She blushed.

The criminals took a right, entering another alleyway, where a fourth individual was waiting.

"You're late..." the mysterious figure said.

"We got into some trouble with the cops. But we got the stuff." They opened a small case with 5 red syringe looking thingies, with needles on the points.

"What's that?" Jiro whispered to the two.

"The news said something about a quirk enhancing drug. Maybe that's it." (L/N) slowly transformed himself for battle.

"There's also something new." One of the criminals grabbed another case, one which much smaller, bullet sized. "Syringes."

"This stuff should be used against heroes. It erases their quirks for a while..." The twins said simultaneously.

"Erases huh? That brat is onto something here. Here's your payment, if what you told me is true, we will see each other very soon." The mysterious figure said while laughing in villain until the case that has an erasing drug was encased in dark matter and shot up into the air.

"I'm gonna stop you right there chief." (Y/N) emerged from the shadows, eyes glowing red.

"What? Who's this?"

"I'm taking this with me." (L/N) points at the floating briefcase. 

"W-wait, that kid, he's from the U.A! The Champion from the Sports Festival!" One of the criminals pulled a gun.

"(L/N)!" Jiro and Tokoyami jumped in. The evildoer fires his gun, little did they know (Y/N)'s skin was much more impenetrable than before.

He shrugged the bullet off before closing in using what he learned in the week chasing Hawkes around, creating thrusters on his calves. He then shocked the gun out of the criminal's grip, then a kick to the face knocking him out cold. The bald villain smacked him with a... tail?

"Huh?" (Y/N) only said as he dodged the tail.

"Nice try kid." The villain smugly say before (Y/N) slamming the villain who tried to shoot him with his Goliath tail.

"You guys take care of this! I'm going after the others." (Y/N) said as he blasts off to chase the runners.

(Y/N) ran after them, with the help of his flames he was closing his distance quickly. He saw another opportunity to get himself some stylish points and went for it.

"Where's the kid? He was chasing after us!" The Twins looked back and saw nothing but they can feel it, the feeling of being hunted.

"HELLO BOYS! I'M BACK!!" (Y/N) decked the bald villain out of nowhere planting him into a wall. He followed with a punch, but the twins blocked the attack holding his fist.

"W-what?" He looks at the two surprised.

"Nice moves, kid." The blue haired of the twins said. "But this ends here." The Silver haired twin finished. They simultaneously punched (Y/N) in the face.

The punch staggered the teen, making him annoyed at the two.

"You managed to stagger me." (Y/N) glared at the two. As they transformed themselves.

"Heh. First time?" The blue haired twin said as they transformed into huge, tusked creatures.

(IN PRESENT MIC'S VOICE)

VILLAIN DUO - SKULLBONES AND RIOT! THEIR QUIRK:  ARMADONS. THEY CAN TRANSFORM INTO TUSKED CREATURES OF UNKNOWN ORIGINS. THEY HAVE THICK, ARMOR PLATED HIDES AND ARE EXTREMELY POWERFUL AS IT CAN WITHSTAND MULTIPLE TANK SHOTS AND CAN BURST THROUGH MULTIPLE ARMORED TANKS. WHAT DID THEY FEED THIS KIDS?

"Alright kid, we're game! Let's see what ya got!" Bluey boomed, as he stomped his feet a signal of some animals to charge. (Y/N) stared at the two creatures, he was about to dodge when suddenly he was stuck to the ground by some unknown substance that quickly hardens.

"Hmmm?" He looks down at the slimy substance that anchored him down to earth. "Hehe... You're never gonna escape from that kiddo! That's my signature move."

(IN PRESENT MIC'S VOICE)

VILLIAN - DISRUPTOR - HIS QUIRK: TRAPJAW! HE CAN CREATE A SUBSTANCE THAT CAN TRAP HIS ENEMIES ON ANY SURFACE THE SUBSTANCE CAME CONTACT WITH. IT'LL LAST A FEW MINUTES OR MORE DEPENDING ON HOW LONG HE PROCURED IT.

"Now he's stuck! Finish him off!" He shouted to the two who charged at (Y/N) simultaneously .

"This is gonna hurt..." (Y/N) thought as he braced himself. 

"(L/N)!" Jiro jumps in. She used her quirk to send a shockwave to break to the solid substance. "Gross!"

"Watch it!" (L/N) grabbed her as he dashed away, dodging the charge and spit going his way.

"What're ya doing here?" (Y/N) said as they were safely away from the three.

"Way to thank me for saving your life." Jiro had her support boots on.

"I'm starting to regret going in without information about their quirks." (Y/N) whispered as he stare at the two.

"Oh, you think?" Jiro says sarcastically, making (Y/N) smirk a little.

"Alright enough talk let's fight!" The bald guys says.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya." (Y/N) dashed in.

"W-wait! (L/N)!" Jiro shouted trying to stop the teen, who rapidly closed in the villain. "Don't get full of yourself kiddo! How about a little paralyzing spit! You'll be down for a long time." The villain launched another valley of spits at (Y/N).

Suddenly, sound wave s hit him, he was distracted, all the villain could do was try to block the sound, he didn't see the Evolving hero. (Y/N) gave the villain a devastating hay maker with a goliath's strenght.

"One down, two to go." (L/N) dashed towards the two remaining villain, the two looked pissed and attacked relentlessly. His quirk reminds of Kirishima and Tetsutesu if they're twins.

The villains managed to grab (L/N) by the leg with their trunks, and swung the hero on through nearby wall.

"(L/N)!" Jiro went in the building and found the teen staring at the ceiling while smiling.

"That was... FUN!" (L/N)'s voice sounded different as he stood up, Jiro could see after images of him fizzing in and out behind him. "Here he comes  again!"

"I'll end this now!" (L/N) said, scaring Jiro a bit as he was smiling at the two charging behemoths.

"Alright! You ready, Jiro?" He smiles at her, who looks at him confused.

"W-wait? Ready for what?"

(Y/N) blasted his infamous smoke cloud, blinding the villains.

"You think we're stupid kid? This won't work on me!" The villains heard movement and attacked. They each grabbed someone, to luck its both Jiro and (L/N) but what confused them is that they were smiling.

"Gotcha!" They grinned.

"What?!" They here something whistling and screaming behind them, "It was just a trick!"

A black vortex hits the villains as (Y/N) completed it with a Catastrophic Lariat! The villain is down! (Y/N) regained control over his body and noticed he was bleeding, he look towards Jiro and saw a copy of himself, He must've hit his head from the villains attack, and the adrenaline did the rest.

"You ok?" Jiro looked worried.

"Yeah... Sorry, that must've been crazy." (L/N) rubbed his head.

"It wasn't like that..." She blushed, twirling her earphones. "I believed in you..." She blushed harder. They looked in each other's eyes.

Suddenly, the villains groan, and slowly got back up.

"Not yet... We're not down yet..." They shook themselves off of debris.

"Really dude? Can't you stay down when you're beaten?"

The villain laughed maniacally as one of them reached for something.

"Nope!" (Y/N) shot them with a web of electricity, but they blocked it with a piece of concrete.

"You're just a brat who doesn't know anything!"

"We'll won't go down like this!"

"Our master trusts us and we won't let him down!"

"Your master? Kinky..." (Y/N) smirked, as he readied himself.

The villain injected themselves with one syringes each. They grew bigger and stronger.

"I should have taken that, huh?" (Y/N) looked at Jiro.

"Mhmm..." She replied nodding.

"Should we run?" He asked her as they look at the villains, whom now stood taller and menacing.

"How about... YES!" They ran out of the building and over the debris.

"Go! Get out of here! I'll keep them occupied." (Y/N) said as he skidded to a halt fully transformed.

"But you-" Jiro starts to say.

"Just trust me..." He winked, turning back to face the villains.

"(L/N)!"

"I must admit. Even transformed I don't think I could take both of them at once with those power ups and I don't have a plan. But if anything happens to her, or any of my friends I would never forgive myself."

(Y/N) heroically battled both villains, trading blows after blows, stomp after stop, and flames and lightning danced all around them.

They managed to catch the evolving hero, by knocking him on the ground. When he was about to finish the hero, two dark shadowy claws stopped his attack.

"Dark Shadow!" (Y/N) looks at the shadow relieved.

"Get up, (L/N), your battle is not yet over. Grab him, Dark Shadow!" D.S punched the villain, knocking him away for an instant, then grabbed (L/N) away.

"We're not abandoning you." Jiro commented.

"You look horrible."

"I'm fine..."

"You kids today have some skills!"

"Here they come again!"

"Dark Shadow!"

"Got It!" D.S held one of the villains off and (Y/N) on the other.

"Tokoyami! They're both stronger than me!"

"Dark Shadow won't hold him for long. What's the plan?" 

"Tokoyami, focus on defense, keep him occupied. Jiro, you distract them with your sound waves, like you did before. I will try to push him back and finish the game. Ready? Go!" He told them as they hold the two back.

"W-wait! You're bleeding!" They followed the plan. D.S held off one of them as there was two (Y/N) in the battlefield again, the other G-(Y/N) seemingly popped out behind his back. One (Y/N) held the villain off and the other rushed in like a pro. Kyoka used her sound waves to leave the villain wide open. (L/N) closed in, and with a stylish dance of fire and flames powered smackdown! He knocked the villains down. (L/N) landed back in front of his friends, the damage of the fight started showing, he fell on his knees.

"Damn you kids..." 

"THEY'RE STILL CONCIOUS?" (Y/N) thought as he held his side. The villains detransformed holding each other up.

"Mark my words..." The villain held his brother up and held something. "We'll definitely see you again!" He threw a smoke bomb, and disappears without a trace.

"Hmmmm.... Should've anticipated that...." (Y/N) slurred as he detransformed and knelt down. "Could someone call an ambulance?" He said as he passed out.

++++++++

(L/N) slowly woke up. He looked around, he was at what looks like a hospital room. He was on a bed, and had wraps around his head, arms, and wounds.

"Woah, slow down." A familiar voice spoke.

"Mom? What happened?" He asked her.

"You were attacked by a villain. You don't remember? You fell unconscious. Must've been quite a battle. You had me scared for a minute there." She smiled at her son, who looks around.

"...I... Where's Jiro and Tokoyami? Are they safe? Are they alright?" He asked her worried, which got a smile from his mother.

"See for yourself."

"(L/N)!" His two classmates entered.

"We're glad to see you're ok." Tokoyami spoke up.

"You were reckless!" Jiro looked furious, but also concerned. "Please don't do that again." She leans forward hugging the Evolved. He was surprised at first, but hugged her back right after.

"I won't... Promise that..." He smirked, "What about the villains and the briefcase? They didn't escape did they?"

"That I can assure you did not happened. Well, at least two out of four." Detective Tsukauchi appeared. "As for the briefcase it's safely secured and its contents is now being investigated."

"Detective Tsukauchi has some questions for you, honey. About the villains." Mother clarified.

"Oh, sure. No Problem." (Y/N) assured.

They left, leaving just (L/N) and the detective for the interrogation.

"So. From what your friends told me, you were attacked by a group of villains, is that correct?"

He knew that wasn't right, Jiro and Tokoyami have covered what happened to not get him into trouble.

"Yeah, that sums it all."

"That's when you used your quirk to protect yourself, yes?"

"Yeah."

"Good. As you know, using your quirk without your hero license is strictly forbidden, it can lead to some serious trouble. But, since you used it in self-defense, its different." 

"I'm aware." (Y/N) says as he looks at his injuries.

"The villains you faced, they're a part of a certain group, a Yakuza if you will. They refused to tell anything about their operation. Do you remember hearing them talk about anything?"

"Yes. They talked about a quirk enhancing drug. Two of them actually used it." (L/N) remembers the encounter.

"Skullbones and Riot... The destroyer duo. They're wanted criminals in different cities. Never really worked in a group just themselves, that's strange. It's a shame he actually managed to escape. You remember anything else?" 

"Well, they did talk about some sort quirk erasing drug... In the briefcase I manage to secure." Tsukachi looked worried.

"So its true. There's something new on the streets. We need to figure it out who's behind all that. If only he didn't escape." 

(L/N) glared at him, "No need to rub salt on the wounds" he thought before looking at himself pissed. If he was just stronger and faster enough. The two wouldn't have escaped.

"Well, thank you for your time and the new piece of evidence. If you remember anything else, just call. Also, can you keep this down? We don't want any information about our investigation leaking. So it would be better if you didn't say anything about what happened."

As (L/N) looked out the window, he remembered in detail what happened. Flames and Lightning danced around him, the frustration was real but turned into curiosity when he remembered he can clone himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 1.1K 32
Izuku Midoriya's dream of becoming a Hero was not only shattered by his Idol, but by society. What happens when his Mom receives a job offer in Ameri...
75.8K 2.3K 32
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
427 37 19
You just entered your first year at the most prestigious upcoming Pro-Hero school in all of Japan. Somewhere you've dreamed of attending as a child...
4.7K 158 22
Quirks, the evolutionary advancement of human evolution, the next step in human history to become better than what they we're before but that was ju...