charity project // mischa bac...

Od vapidreverie

I was quiet. "That really bothered you that much?" He nodded. "Yeah. I knew it would bother you. And it bothe... Více

1 - not sorry !!
2 - sweet, i guess...
3 - elaborate?
4 - her name was talia.
5 - just studying.
7 - the first thanksgiving (or something like that)
8 - jonquils
9 - a prince
10 - kind of complicated, reasons aplenty
11 - fraudulent
12 - somehow
13 - deer in headlights
14 - shh!
15 - unassuming
16 - it had better work
17 - confrontation
18 - worth a shot
19 - promise
20 - all-ears
21 - travel
22 - fish out of water
23 - loverboy scheme
24 - inadequate
25 - caught off-guard
26 - table for two?
27 - criminal record
28 - jonquils: part ii
29 - je te veux
30 - tell her
31 - rigid
32 - snapshot
33 - four days ago
34 - stalling
35 - completely stunned

6 - you know what they say about assuming?

2.7K 64 131
Od vapidreverie

"I have something to show you," Mischa told me the next day at lunch.

"Do you?"

He nodded. Slowly, he lifted a sheet of paper from his bag.

A grin spread across my face. "You did it! You even got all of them correct!"

I wrapped him in a hug. He stiffened for a moment, but then returned the hug.

"Thank you so, so much, дорогий," He whispered into my ear before letting me go. He sat there, paralyzed for a moment.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Sorry. That word is the Ukrainian word for... friend. Very good friend."

"Would you like to stop by my house with me after school? I think Noel might be there, too. He has Fridays off of work. We can play a board game or watch a movie or something."

"That would be very fun."

"I'll drive you and Noel after school, alright?"

Mischa gave me a thumbs up. "That sounds fantastic."

...

I got to know Ocean because we were in the same advanced English class as well as advanced social sciences. We usually helped each other with studying. In addition, it was always nice to have someone to partner with in class so you don't become the only one not chosen.

That's what today was. In our English class, we had a discussion day where we would partner up and answer discussion questions from our current novel or short story. Ocean and I were usually first to complete the assignment, so we just talked the rest of the class.

"Constance told me she saw you yesterday at her cafe," she said.

"She wouldn't be wrong. I was there yesterday."

She gave me a look. "Well, she also told me you were there with someone. That criminal, Mischa."

"I was helping him study, Ocean. Also, he's not a criminal. Mischa is a really sweet guy when you get to know him," I explained.

Ocean looked skeptical. "Mhm. Then why are people saying that in his math class the other day, he got angry at how Mr. Halloben was teaching them to factor equations and threw another student's water bottle at his head?"

"That was once!" I protested.

"He snapped a kid's pencil in half when she didn't write what he wanted her to write on a group assignment."

"Okay, twice."

"Mischa also nearly gave the gym teacher a concussion after throwing a dodgeball clearly aimed at his head."

"Can you really blame him for that one? Coach Jonas probably deserved it. You know how he is," I muttered.

I was met with a stern glare. "Really, Y/n?"

"Fine, fine. Maybe Mischa has a bit of an anger management issue. But he's not that bad when you look past it!"

"How do you find his violent tendencies attractive? I will never understand you," Ocean shook her head.

"Wh- I- No- I-!" I spluttered. "I never even insinuated I found him attractive!"

"My bad. I just assumed," she shrugged.

"Do you know what they say about assuming, Ocean? Do you?"

"Please don't make me say it."

I frowned. "I will. To assume makes an ass of you and me. Get it? Ass? U? Me?"

Ocean held up her hands in surrender. "I get it! I get it! Just stop screaming profanities at me!"

"I'm not screaming, but I'll start if you don't stop slandering Mischa I will."

"Slandering? This isn't slander! It's true! If you're so keen on defending him, why not just go make out with your boyfriend already, yeah?"

"He's not my boyfriend. You're just mad you get no attention from boys," I huffed.

She gasped "I'm friends with Noel!"

See, that was funny considering Noel didn't even like her in the least.

"Noel? Noel doesn't count!" I stopped myself and took a long, deep breath. "Sorry, Ocean. I got a bit carried away. I didn't mean to get overdramatic."

She also took a deep breath. "It's alright. I got a bit carried away, too. I wasn't intending to make you upset. I'm sorry."

See, that's why Ocean and I got along so well. Both of us felt so much pressure to be perfect and be calm and collected at all times. We both knew that. It gave us the opportunity to get angry at someone without feeling terrible. Sure, Ocean might be a bit mean, harsh, and judgemental at times, but never really angry. We got it out of each other's systems. And we even apologized each time, which is surprising for Ocean. Even people like her have at least some good in them.

...

I walked with Mischa and Noel out to the car and got inside. Noel opened the passenger door and Mischa began to sit down.

"I'm sorry. I thought I was going to-" Noel started, pointing to the seat.

Mischa shook his head. "My bad. I though I was going to sit here because I'm her b-" He stopped himself. "Best friend."

"That's a pretty funny joke, man! Because she's been my best friend since we were five! This is my usual spot!"

Mischa and Noel both laughed, but their eyes didn't laugh with them.

"Well, that's very nice. But I think it would be better if I sat here to get to know her better."

"How about both of you just sit in the back?" I offered. "No fighting."

They sighed simultaneously.

Mischa stepped out and Noel reluctantly shut the door behind him. They both got into the back seats, arms folded across their chests.

"What do you think about watching a movie?" I asked.

"Which one?" Noel asked. "Because if you make me watch Legally Blonde one more time I'm going to force you to watch another French one."

"Legally Blonde is a great movie. It's a critical point in cinematic history, showing how both feminism and femininity can coexist. I rest my case," I gripped the wheel tighter. "But no. Not Legally Blonde this time."

"So it's Legally Blonde II?" Noel lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh, shut it. I picked out a great one. We're going to watch The Sound of Music."

"I can live with it," he sighed.

"You'd better."

I pulled into my driveway. Everyone got out of the car, and I welcomed them inside.

"We're home, Ms. L/n!" Noel shouted.

"Good to see- no, hear you, Noel!" She shouted back from the kitchen.

My mother walked to us, just like she usually does. She paused for a moment.

"Who might you be?"

Mischa held out his hand. "I am Mischa Bachinski. You must be Y/n's mother. You have a very beautiful home."

Mother smiled. "Why, thank you! What brings you around here?"

"Y/n invited me over to watch a movie with her and Noel. She is very kind and intelligent and patient."

She gave me a surprised, but impressed look. "That is fantastic to hear. Why don't you all step inside? It may only be the beginning of October, but it's quite cold! I have some hot chocolate in the kitchen."

Mischa set down his bag. "You are also very kind. I can see where she gets it from."

Mom laughed. "You're too polite, Mischa. I like you."
"Thank you so much. It's the least I can do. Y/n helped me study for a big English test and I got a one hundred percent on it today."

"Is that so?" she glanced at me.

I nodded. "Yeah. It's not too big of a deal. Mischa did most of the hard work."

He scoffed. "Don't give me all the credit. I could never have done it without your help."

I led them to the kitchen, where I handed out hot chocolates. Mischa took one sip, set the mug down, and immediately froze. I thought it had something to do with the drink, but fortunately, it wasn't.

"Is that your cat?" he asked, still frozen in place.

I nodded. "Yeah. Her name is Roxi."

"Roxi is very cute. Can I pet her?"

I smiled. "Of course!"

In a flash, he got down to her level, which was a bit of a feat considering how tall he was. He started scratching behind her ears and under her chin.

"Weird," Noel mused. "It took her years to even let me go near her. She must love you."

"Do you really think so?" Mischa asked with wide eyes.

Roxi was purring and rubbing against his legs.
"She definitely loves you," I answered.

"Well, I also love her very much. She is a very good cat."

...

Mischa made quite the impression on my mother, to say the least. She wouldn't stop talking about him for the entire night after he left.

Noel, however, had different things that he wouldn't stop talking about after he left.

You see, we started watching the movie. Roxi, of course, had followed Mischa into the living room and had jumped onto his lap the moment he sat down, much to his delight. Later on, maybe halfway through the movie, Mischa fell asleep. In doing so, his head may or may not have fallen on my shoulder and I may or may not have scooted closer. Noel had taken pictures to 'commemorate this monumental moment'. I did not particularly appreciate this.

...

Before heading off to sleep, I wanted to talk to my mom about something.

"Hey, mom?"

She looked up from her book. "Yes?"

"You know how the Grubers usually come over for Thanksgiving?"

"Of course. What about it?"

I drew in a breath. "Do you mind if I invite someone to our Thanksgiving dinner?"

"Depends. Who?"

"Mischa. He doesn't exactly have the best parents to spend holiday with, so I was wondering if we could have him over for his first Thanksgiving in Canada. Or Thanksgiving ever."

Mom looked ecstatic. "Of course! He was such a well-mannered young man. It is so nice of you to consider that. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you really like him."

"Mom!" I protested.

"I'm just saying, dear. Mischa is a very good option. He seems very sweet and hardworking."

"He is," I nodded.

"Y/n, do you have a crush on this boy?" She asked.

She looked serious.

I frowned. "I don't think so. It's confusing. Everyone is telling me I do, and I don't have the time to figure it out myself, you know?"

She gave me a quick hug. "I understand. Give it some time. Sleep on it. Have a good night, dear."

"Goodnight, Mom," I waved after her.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.1K 100 7
"Rog, we have to. I mean when else will we ever-" "Be scammed out of our money. At the grocery store, the stalls at the market, literally anywhere. I...
5.4K 181 18
The title is self explanatory so if yall are dumb dumbs this is a One shot book. It is about anything HSMTMTS. Okay bye Status:- Completed Started in...
369 17 19
"It's because Im in love with you" He says, with a straight face. Not even cracking a smile. I cant help but to laugh at his remark, staring at his s...
2.7K 119 22
[ 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐬 ] [ 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧 | 𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐩𝐚𝐚 | 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐨𝐫𝐧 ] © squishychey (wattpad) | © ohmnonsquish (ao3, twitter)