I Know Places We Can Hide (Ka...

By E_H_May

Kaylor Karlie has her demons. She hopes to find someone whose demons play nice with hers. Has she found that... More

Catch-ups and Starbucks
Preparation
Camera Flashes Make It Look Like A Dream
Grand Entrances and Seating Arrangements
Best Female Artist
Author's Note
Acceptance Speech
All Too Well
Author's Note
Before and After: Celebrations and Discoveries
Aftermath
Questions and Answers
Author's Note
The Letter
Reaction
Rumours: They're Terrible and Cruel, But Honey, Most Of Them Are True
Breakfast In Bed
Stay With Me
Doctor, Doctor
Author's Note
Screaming, Crying, Perfect Storm
Alone
I Have To, I Want To, I Need To
Author's Note
Losing Her Was Blue, Finding Her Was Red
Explanation/How You Get The Girl
Surprise Surprise
Just For You
Sweet Dreams
Author's Note
The Best Day
Author's Note
Morning After
Flashbacks and Echoes
Relapse
Author's Note
I Can't Let Myself Hurt Her
AUTHOR'S NOTE
The Search
The Search Part II
Miscommunication
Author's Note
Miscommunication Part 2

Arrival

2.5K 83 7
By E_H_May

~ Karlie's POV ~

I arrived at my mothers house late that night. It was a spur of the moment decision. But ten minutes away, into the town, there is a rehab facility that has had some pretty great results.

I don't know what exactly made me decide to go there. I had been doing good with Taylor and the doctor that she had found me.

But I felt like I was about to slip up - majorly - and I couldn't disappoint Taylor like that again.

I could remember how she was when she first found out...

I just couldn't risk it. Not again.

She means too much to me. This will hurt her. Leaving all her hard work and support for somewhere far away.

But I need her to know and understand that this is for her. So that I will never have to hurt her when I get better - for good.

Just the thought that I was nearly at that place again that had nearly cost me Tay was enough to make me check into rehab.

And that was something strong. I didn't even want to think about the other possibilities if I had completely relapsed or done something to hurt her bad.

It wouldn't have ended well - I know that much at least.

My phone rang when I got here. It was Taylor.

I wanted to answer. I really did. But if I spoke to her I wouldn't be able to talk because I would just cry when she got upset that I left.

I was going to write her a letter once I checked in and settled.

I heard that they had a postal service for patients. It's the best thing I think. It's still personal and emotional, but it's also manageable.

I let the phone ring out. She would hear from me soon. I had to let her know I was safe. That I hadn't done what she's probably thinking I had done.

Mum was cooking me dinner tonight before I checked in in the morning. She thought that I was just dropping by on my way to a shoot.

It would break her heart if she knew that I still had this problem. She knew I'd had to when I was younger.

But she had laid for counselling and treatment up until I was sixteen and there was a time when we had all thought it had gone away.

I just couldn't bring myself to tell her that she hadn't succeeded after all. I couldn't do it.

We had a roast dinner and an array of pies for desert. The kind of meal o always dread because they make me feel the worst.

I told mum I was going to bed early because I had to be up and gone by five. I was going to get up that early, but just to get out of the house. I wasn't checking in until ten.

After dinner, I went off to have a shower.

The temptation was too much.

Before I knew it I was kneeling over the toilet bowl with my fingers down my throat.

Like a routine - like I was getting dressed for bed or brushing my teeth - I did it again.

I had to have one last time before I went in and got better.

For old times sake.

__________________________

~ In the morning ~

I had the best mum in the world. I swear.

She was up before me and had made me breakfast - yogurt and muesli (she knew how much I loved it) - and packed my lunch for the 'shoot'.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and told her I'd come visit her in a little while.

"You promise?" She raised her eyebrows at me and asked. "Ever since you got famous, I never see my baby girl anymore. I have to share her with the world." She pouted and tucked the hair behind my ear.

"I promise mum. I give you permission to hunt me down if I don't. I'll bring a friend with me too. There's someone I'm dying for you to meet."

"Oohh. Do I finally get to meet this mystery person that you can't stop talking about on the phone?"

I blushed. Almost as if someone else was there to hear her talking about what I do. But there was no one. It was just the two of us. "Yes, mum. Promise. You'll love them."

"Honey, if you love them, then I will too. Now get out of here. Go have fun at your shoot. Call me."

"Alright mum. I love you." I kissed her on the cheek after she hugged me.

"Me too, Karls."

The sun was just lighting up the sky when I stepped out the door.

___________________________

Author note. Sorry it's so short. There's just more to come and I needed to break it up somewhere.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for everyone that reads, comments and votes.

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 1.2K 17
This is another fanfic about Karlie and Taylor. This is set present day. Taylor and Karlie are best friends. They are always together and are super c...
6.6K 303 14
Two black sheep found each other and somehow that was everything. Struggles with mental health are easier with someone you love by your side. Kaylor...
55.1K 1.4K 26
it hurts being confused and just friends .... she doesn't love me the way I do... Their complicated road against themselves to be together.
527K 11K 60
******** DISCLAIMER ******** This story is a work of Fiction, and bears no resemblance to any real life events. Any similarities are pure coincidence...