Before and After: Celebrations and Discoveries

Taylor took out two of her three nominated awards tonight. That makes me so proud of her.

She's disappointed in herself for not getting all three, but that's typical Taylor - a perfectionist for life.

No one else there tonight got two grammy awards or more, so she slayed everyone there tonight.

We didn't hang around for the after party. I didn't mind what we did, but Taylor wanted to get out of there. So we did. I couldn't blame her. It's been a big night. And an emotional one for her.

We said goodbye to the rest of the group some of them continued on to the party. Taylor individually thanked them all as she hugged them and congratulated them. "It's all you," was the response that everyone gave when she said this.

We went back to her apartment here in New York. I was staying the night here but I half expected Taylor to want to lock herself in her room and just have a night to herself.

Instead she was out and asking me to watch tv with her. She was in one of her needy moods. I could feel it.

She's never really a needy person - she's so independent. But sometimes, she just wants to be with people. That's how she was now.

"Hey Karls! You ready for a Greys Anatomy marathon, curled up on the lounge with me?" She called to me in the kitchen from her bedroom.

"Do I have to?!" I called back.

"Yes. You do. Because I said so and because you love me!" She answered and I could hear the smile in what she said.

Damn right I do. I thought to myself.

How badly I wanted to say that out loud. I literally had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't.

"Alright then. Just give me a minute." I filled a glass with water and sculled it down. I needed to relax. "You want anything to eat or drink?"

"Umm... There's a bag of M&Ms in the cupboard and diet coke in the fridge that how our names written on them. Please!" She said in a n extra sweet voice.

"Sure thing." I opened the cupboard where she kept her 'junk' food and pulled out the M&Ms. It was the biggest bag of M&Ms I have ever seen. Like massive. I didn't even know you could buy them that size. Where did she get it?

"Are you sure you want the whole bag? It's bigger than my head!" I called and looked at them in wonder.

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Alright then." I sighed and looked away from the bag to get a bottle of diet coke for Taylor.

I walked into the room to find taylor snuggled into the blankets and patting the bed beside her.

She's arranged the cushions perfectly and had the tv ready to play when I was in position.

"What season are we watching?" I asked as I handed over the M&Ms and crawled under the covers.

"The first. We have to start at the beginning." She smiled at me as if I should have known that.

"Right. Well there are ten seasons, as I'm sure you're aware. So we are clearly not watching every episode ever or I won't be leaving this room for a week." I smiled back at her and gave her her bottle of diet coke.

"That's the plan." She smirked cheekily as she ripped open the M&Ms.

I just rolled my eyes and looked at the tv.

Taylor had begun devouring the M&Ms before she played the tv and she never stopped. I don't know how she maintained that figure when she eats like this.

She offered me some a few times but I declined. She was getting pushy and made me eat a handful.

I shouldn't have. I regretted it as soon as my hand reached into the enormous bag. I shouldn't be doing this. I screamed inside my head.

I made it to the end of that episode before I asked Taylor to pause so I could go the bathroom.

"Oh come on, the next one's the best episode!" Taylor complained. But she says that about every episode.

I made it to the toilet and my body took over from there. My mind relaxed as I slipped into the motions.

Relax the throat.

Keep your fingers straight.

Close your eyes.

I felt my stomach heave as its contents were emptied into the toilet bowl. The usual sickening satisfied feeling filled my now empty stomach.

I wiped my mouth, flushed the toilet and pulled myself off the floor to look in the mirror at my pale face.

Before I had a chance to rinse my mouth and pretend to wash my hands, I saw Taylor standing behind me in the now open doorway.