The Consort of Mordor: a Saur...

By MidnightNinja27

AU: Sauron was able to watch Bilbo's adventures and life through the Ring How do you destroy a monster withou... More

Precious
An Offer
Quiet Steps
Sourdough and Flowers
Blood and Love
Testing the Waters
Bonds
Celebrations and Desperations
Making it Work
Carrying On
Happiness
Of Love and Hate
Silver and Gold
Cliffs and the Waves Below
Dates and Decisions
Split Ends
Wedding Showers
Fixing Mistakes
The Calm Before the Storm
Sacrifices Must Be Made
Gently Into the Night

The Judgement

220 15 1
By MidnightNinja27

Mairon wondered if this was how Morgoth felt, wrapped neck to feet in unbreakable chain, dragged through Valinor like a lame horse, with elves screaming curses at him or cheering his humiliation -the bolder ones throwing stones or attacking him.

As he was brought up the Taniquetil to Ilmarin, the maia was unchained and pushed forward towards Manwё and Varda's dais where he knelt.

He did not need to look to sense that all the valar were here for his punishment.

Even Aulё, his frown obvious even through his braided beard and his kind brown eyes harsh with judgement.

Sauron already knew he was to be cast into the Void, this trial was a mere formality: he would never get a second chance not only because all he had done, but also because Melkor had spat on his own -the time for redemption had passed Ages ago.

***

The Great Smith looked at Mairon, his heart aching all over again at the sight of his Maia.

Mairon -he never thought of him as Sauron, refused to allow the name of Melkor's corruption to have any foothold if he could help it- was very much a mess: his black robes were tatters around his body, barely recognizable from the threads keeping it in one piece; his pale skin was littered with cuts and gashes, and his footsteps on the white marble floor left a bloodstain behind.

The blond maia knelt before Manwë and Varda's twin thrones, his gaze on the floor below him as the Valar discussed what to do with him.

"What have you to say in your own defense?" Varda asked the maia, her gaze staring into his fëa to examine the darkness in his heart

"I apologize for my actions in the First Age, I acted according to Melkor's desires, not my own." Mairon began, looking up to look not at the rulers, but to the left of Manwë where Eönwë stood "I regret not taking your invatation."

The Lady of Mercy, her eternal tears glistening like diamonds down her face, spoke next, "I have kept an eye upon Mairon so I might counsel Aulë's woes. His regret is true and he has shown that he is indeed one of Morgoth's victims."

Three factions formed quickly among the Valar, the rulers choosing nothing: Oromë, Nessa, Tulkas, and Ulmo want to toss him in the Void after the Great Foe; Aulë, Yavanna, Vána, and Nienna all agreed that he was trying to change and he should be granted the chance to redeem himself; Mandos, Irmo Vairë, and Estë were abstaining from the decision of punishment but they are claiming that the Father of Them All does not want Mairon to go to the Void where Morgoth could further manipulate him.

"You once held the belief your brother might be redeemed, my lord." Eönwë whispered to the King of Aman, reminding him

The eight main arguing Valar continued to do just that, Aulë the most vocal in Mairon's defense and Tulkas the most vocal in him being sentenced to the Void.

"You would put the world at risk again because you refuse to acknowledge that he is your failure!" The Valiant spat at the Smith, "Between Mairon and Curumo your house is producing all the dark maiar!"

"Several of Ulmo's maiar fell into Morgoth's service, not just two of mine." Aulë reminded

"Ossë and Salmar repented." The Lord of the Waters, his words booming from the barrier of his liquid beard

The Great Smith was about to say something else, but he was stopped by the hand of his wife on his arm.

"Which is what Mairon is trying to do." Yavanna said, "We have all noticed the end of his war campaign. The greatest of evidence is the hobbit he has bound himself to, who has been the catalyst of his change."

"Would you prefer he is sent back into Morgoth's influence in the Void or back to his halfling who is trying to show him the path back into the One's light?" Nienna added

"Bilbo is half of nothing, my lady." Mairon softly said

Manwë held up a palm, silently calling attention back to himself, "I have made my decision."

***

Bilbo Baggins, the Consort of Sauron and current acting ruler of Mordor, sat on the grand throne, trying to ignore the fact that it had been six months since his husband had been taken away.

Today was their one year anniversary, they were supposed to be remaking their wedding cake and reenacting their first date and making love well into the night.

But his husband was imprisoned and he was alone -Mairon was yet to appear in his dreamscape.

The hobbit looked past the city towards the barely visible Black Gate on the horizon, looking instead to the mountains nearest him where the newly-built stone statue overlooking the Isenmouthe Pass was.

The statue depicted Sauron in his armor, holding his mace and a chain connecting him to four nondescript Men in crowns; the Mouth had suggested it be built to return the sense of security the Eye had brought, and to invoke his other titles like 'Gorthaur' -which is what the statue was called- and 'King of Kings'.

Steeling himself, Bilbo sat impossibly straighter on the throne and decided he would make the cake anyways and if he ate the entire small cake by himself curled up on said husband's bed no one could judge him because he was a prison widow.

Just as he was about to stand and tell the Mouth he was done taking audiences today, his view was obscured suddenly by flames, the hobbit's heart beginning to race.

Bilbo stood and practically ran down the stupidly high dais, reaching the flames as a figure stepped out of it.

The Dark Lord clad in navy blue robes barely made it one step before being tackled by his consort.

"Mairon!" Bilbo exclaimed, clinging to the maia

"Hello, love." Sauron greeted, wrapping an arm around him and holding him tightly, "How long has it been here? Time passes differently in Valinor."

"Six months, how long was it for you?" The writer replied, "Never mind that. How are you here? Did you escape? Did the battle start early? Is Melkor free?"

"No, no, no, I was never put in the Void. I made a deal to avoid it" Mairon replied, "And it was a week for me."

Bilbo took the One Ring off and returned it to him, along with the spiked crown, "What deal?"

"I am to heal Middle Earth and help fight Melkor in the Dagor Dagorath to earn my freedom, but I cannot return to Valinor ever again." He answered, slipping the items back on

The hobbit pulled him down to kiss him, noticing his husband was wearing color for the first time since they had met in person, "Navy blue suit you."

The Dark Lord then looked to his Mouth, who had dropped into his lowest bow, "Go spread the news of my return. I am to not be bothered for the rest of today."

Once the Man was gone, the maia turned back to his spouse, "Now, if my math is correct, today os our wedding anniversary is it not?"

***

After the verdict was delivered, Aulë was allowed to escort Mairon out of Valinor.

As soon as they had descended the Taniquetil, the Great Smith decided they were going to make a pit stop at his domain.

The Dark Lord said nothing as they went down the familiar hallways of the forges, knowing they were entering what used to be his private forge and wondered which of the apprentices had taken over the area.

As they approached the door, something within him stirred when he saw his own name written in Valarin still upon it.

This forge was still his own.

The door was opened and everything was exactly as he had left it, several incomplete projects on the tables as they had been when Melkor had stolen him away; it looked as if the room was frozen in time, untouched except to clean.

"Your room upstairs is the same." Aulë said, "Clean yourself up, I had your clothes laundered when I received word the Istari had you, I will be here when you are done."

"You trust me to be alone?" Mairon asked, surprised

Aulë shrugged, "If you wanted to leave, you would have by now. Though, I figured you would want to make yourself presentable before reuniting with your husband."

Mairon went up the stairs, seeing his utilitarian room empty of anything personal as it always had been, the sheets on the bed cleaned as well.

When he emerged from the shower, he dried off and opened his wardrobe, seeing all his colorful robes hanging ready to be worn.

Picking the darkest one, a navy blue one, he dressed and looked at the mirror hanging in the door.

For a moment, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders as he pondered who he might have been if not for Melkor, but discarded it as it was pointless to wonder what if.

Ignoring the ribbons he once used to tie back his hair with, he put on the black boots that were by the floor and went back downstairs.

Aulë then took him to the farthest point of Valinor so Mairon would not have to fly very far to Middle Earth before teleporting to Barad-dûr.

"I will talk to Manwë about letting you come home after the Dagor Dagorath." The vala said, "And thank Bilbo Baggins for me, for helping you. I very much would like to meet him one day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235 4 13
At Amon Hen, the two hobbits Frodo and Sam are successfully captured by Saruman's army of Uruk Hai. Will Saruman capture the One Ring? Or will Middle...
103K 3.8K 44
❝There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.❞ - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
77.2K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...
148K 4.2K 33
You are sucked into the Realm of Middle Earth accidentally, and are bound to the ring! If you don't find a way to unbind yourself from it, you will p...