Telepatรญa

By ggukiekrush

"If obsession were a person, it'd be you." A street racer by evening, and a high-school student by day, 17 ye... More

p r o l o g u e
1 | volition
2 | effervescent
3 | reverist
4 | besotten
5 | aberrant
6 | aphonic
7 | ostentatious
8 | floruit
9 | zealotic
10 | druthers
12 | letch
13 | reticent
14 | subtlety
15 | solace
16 | frore
17 | expedient
18 | imprimatur
19 | frolic
20 | aspartame
21 | belaud
22 | intrepid
23 | satiate
24 | consecrate
25 | impetus
26 | petulant
27 | nimiety
28 | disesteem
29 | relish
30 | contrapposto
31 | inebriate
32 | dithering
33 | palliate

11 | scrofolous

1.2K 53 8
By ggukiekrush

🏁

◢◤◢◤◢◤          Circuit 11         ◢◤◢◤◢◤

"Ola! Thank God, you're here," Skye exclaimed as soon as I stepped inside the campus, chuckling as I noticed the distress on her face fade away at the sight of me.

"Sorry, I got held up at home, but it's fine now, I'm here." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"No, that's okay. Thank you for being here," Skye offered a small smile. "I had a few other Freshman volunteers running the booth, but the game is about to start in ten minutes and I need someone to take my place."

I shrugged, remembering that she was supposed to be cheering on her boyfriend, who was going to play in one of the games. "Sure, I'll be wherever you need me."

Skye grabs my arm and drags me through the seas of sweaty bodies in this summer heat, and I follow her without protest. For a moment, I began to regret my decision to be a good friend. If I'd known I'd be standing at the ticket booth, I would've stayed at home and spent extra time fixing Ricardo's car. But now that I've committed to this, it's too late to back out; not that I'm the type of person who takes back promises.

If I had only known about Theo earlier, I would have fitted him into my plans before anything.

I'm so jealous right now. I could be admiring him and his wonderful physique, but no, other girls will be having the time of their lives while I drench in sweat. I don't even sweat, but California weather changes every damn second.

Soon, we arrive at one of the booths located directly outside the field's entrance, behind the bleachers, where I notice a few young students conversing, some of whom are getting a little too physical for what the school allows on a normal day. However, this was not a school day, and security worked hard but focused more on safety and the audience coming from the other schools.

There were only five to seven booths, some of which sold snacks, artwork from Art class, and a swarm of soldiers who I knew all too well was recruiting high school students to fight for the country. I fought the urge to roll my eyes, knowing how their claimed benefits and promises turned out to be less grandiose than they were.

But hey, to each their own.

One thing that stood out to me was most of them looked a bit younger, just like what Skye had told me earlier.

A cute girl with bob hair and a grungy outfit grinned at me, and I returned the smile with a surprised one. "OK, you'll be assigned here," Skye finally said as she sat me down on a stool and thrust a clipboard into my hands.

"...Cool," I mumble, taking the clipboard to fan myself with it. Skye hid a smile on her face as she placed her hands on my shoulders. "Oh my God, you look like you'd murder the next person you see."

My brows drew and I quickly turned to face her, "What? No! I just didn't imagine there would be lots of people. I'm fine, I promise."

"Don't worry, this is only the first game of the season, you don't have to do much," she says as if this will make me feel better.

"I'm good here," I tried to hide the look of regret on my face but it was visible on my brow and the slightest tilt of my shoulders as if I were carrying a sack of rice.

"Sure?" Skye asked. "You don't have to do this. I know this is a lot to ask—"

"Absolutely not," I squeezed her hand. "Let's not get carried away. I'm glad to be of help. Go and have fun with your boyfriend. But I better not see you under those bleachers," I said the last sentence teasingly before I pushed her away and went behind the little table where the girl was previously seated. She was entertaining a couple before they weaved her out of their way.

Unfamiliar faces pass by us, ignoring the students handing out flyers and attempting to recruit anyone to join their program... a program I was unaware of because Skye had not explained it enough to me. I should ask, but I don't think I can take in that much information in one day and I refuse to be stressed out about this. Unfortunately, I'm not getting paid to do more than I should so I'll have someone else answer any questions.

"Seriously, Ola, you are a lifesaver," Skye uttered, gratefully, still hovering behind me. Honestly, she looked more stressed than I was. "I'll try to find Jade, see if she changes her mind. I want you to enjoy your first game too."

"Yeah, sure," I hum, studying the clipboard in front of me. It was just a list of things I needed to make sure were followed by all the booth organizers. Hand out flyers. Inquire. Answer questions. Blah. Blah.

I looked up from the print, bringing my eyes up to her. "Bring me some hotdog while you're at it," I quipped, grinning. "And a Sprite."

"Okay—"

"Extra fizz!" I added.

"Yes, ma'am," Skye prompts. "You ask and I shall provide." Skye began to pull away and rush inside the venue, her cute little flowy top and jeans hugging her tiny waist. She was the epitome of a Barbie doll. The only difference was that she was as genuine as she appears.

"Hi, I'm Crystal," the girl from earlier sits to my right.

"Ola. Nice to meet you," I say, placing the clipboard on the plastic table in front of us.

"You know Skye?" She inquires, brushing her palms on her denim pants.

"Yeah, I met her on my first day here," I replied, slouching further into the uncomfortable chair. The heat was making the backs of my thighs sweat, and the patterns on the chair were imprinting on my skin. "You?"

Her eyes shoot up as if she's surprised that I'm talking to her. "Oh, um, we have Theatre Club together," she says, shyly.

I hum to myself as I quickly rise from my chair to distribute a stack of flyers, hoping that at least one person will take one. Long enough, we don't engage in a conversation as more people arrive.

When a group of teenagers walks by without acknowledging our presence, I groan bitterly. This is frustrating, and I'm gradually losing energy not getting any attention. Crystal stands beside me with her own stack of papers. "Don't take it personally," she advises. "I haven't made a conversation for more than a minute and I've been here since morning."

I lean against a standee of our school mascot, a flaming Phoenix. "That must be hell. You don't seem to be the talkative type. No offense."

"Yeah no, it's cool," Crystal mumbles and picks at her nails as if she was nervous with my gaze on her. "I get that a lot."

"But you're pretty," I tell her. The flush rushes to her round cheeks and her freckles make her even more endearing. "People are just intimidated to talk to pretty girls," I nudge her elbow gently as I see a group of guys approaching us. "Trust me, I should know."

She opens and closes her mouth, straightening her back. I smiled coyly, fixing my off-shoulder top and making sure I wasn't flashing grandparents and grandkids.

"Hi, any of you interested in joining our..." I trailed off, quickly snapping my eyes back at the flyer.

"College Prep Program," Crystal thankfully saves my ass.

"Yup," I chimed, dumbfounded. My jaw was tightening as a result of the forced smile on my face.

Damn, I didn't think my jaw would lock from this...

"We've got great, exciting offers, if you guys just follow us back to our booth—"

"Interesting and exciting you say?" One out of the three guys with a shorter build interrupts me.

In his question, was a very shallowly buried: I'm trying to flirt. Maybe get past the third base. We don't have to know each other. What is it you want to offer?

I didn't think I was oblivious until now.

Sighing, I took out a pen for me to write with. "Yes, but we're going to need your information—"

"Bro, you haven't even asked her but she's already asking for your address." A redhead laughs along, pushing his friend in my direction.

"Ian, chill," the latter muttered, shrugging his shoulders. I almost cringed at how close he was getting. Both Crystal's and my friendly smiles faded as quickly as they appeared. "I've never seen you around here," he says. "What's your name, beautiful?"

I'd never wanted to puke more when I heard the word coming from this boy's friable mouth.

One punch, Ola... One punch.

"Look, if you guys aren't interested, please fuck off," I waved my hand in front of their faces which they didn't take seriously. "Thank you."

"We are interested," the short boy swipes his bottom lip with his thumb. "Just not at that boring stuff... but something more . . ." He looks down at my legs, not even trying to be subtle, and with a lick of his thin lips, I nearly lost my cool right there and then.

Fucking finish that sentence...

Crystal timidly watches our altercation before she whispered, "They aren't worth it. Let's just go back to our booth."

The asshole has the audacity to adjust his tight pants, I force my gaze to burn holes in this shameful boy's face. I've never witnessed a more shameless display of rude and vulgar behavior toward myself. This particular boy was a shameless, attention-seeker, who seemed to only get ego gratification by forcing himself on other girls. It didn't help that his friends were watching; thinks he's untouchable.

It pricks at my blood, gradually.

"We aren't leaving," I declared, crossing my arms over my chest. "They shouldn't be here in the first place. Fuckin' assholes."

"The fuck did you just call us?"

"What?" I may appear nonchalant in this situation, but I'm on the verge of cracking their faces. I just want to get out of here and go see my favorite boy. "Do you want to hear how wonderful I think you are?"

"You were the one who called us over," he hissed, his spit almost touching my face from how close he was getting. "And now you're the one acting like you're the only bitch in this place?"

"Oh, not at all," I gasped dramatically. "Don't exclude yourself, little man."

"Little man?" He sneered, demeaned. He looks back at his friends, who only shake their heads. "Who do you think you are insulting me?!"

"Ola . . ." I felt Crystal pull helplessly on my arm. She doesn't know me well; I'm not going to let it go until I've had my last laugh, "Let's just go."

"No," I firmly stood tall. "I'm not letting these sad sacks go without apologizing."

"Apologize?" They laugh as if it was the funniest thing they've heard. "You should be the one begging on your knees!"

I pressed my lips together, ears heating.

"Are you a student here?" He continues, unabashedly. "Where the fuck is your manners?"

"Up your ass," I retorted, unable to contain myself from throwing another jeer — another sentence that could land me in the hospital.

The boy fumes right in front of us and he passes the canned beer he was holding to his friend before lamely pulling at his pants. I stare him down and clench my own fists, but before he could make a move, one of the teachers approaches us, heedless of the impending situation.

I never break eye contact with the three boys as they slowly retract their steps. I smirk to myself, triumphantly. "That's what I thought," I mouthed to one of them who returned a scowl.

"Hello, Mr. Cooper!" Crystal sounded relieved at the sight of him. The said man pushes a cart towards us, the lanyard around his neck clashing as he bends down to adjust his belt.

"How's it going?"

"Perfect," I lie through gritted teeth.

"Good, good," he mutters. "I need one of you girls to take this to the boys' waiting room."

His words make my eyes light up. "I'll take it," I tell him as I quickly placed the stacks of paper in Crystal's arms.

Mr. Cooper muttered something under his breath and clutched his waist as he watched me struggle to push the cart through the throng. I get there in record time, heaving as I smooth out my flyaways before pushing through the massive doors.

I expected it to be filthy and musty-smelling for a boys' waiting room, but it was surprisingly quiet and a little empty as I pushed along the several rows of chest-high lockers and benches for changing. Showers were located in a separate room.

"Yo-hoo!" My voice echoed through the walls. Then, a deep groan stopped me from my steps. "Big Summer Blowout—"

"Theo, please . . ." A high-pitched tone indicated that I wasn't alone in this room. There was another girl other than—

My Theo?

Fuck. It can't be . . . He's not the type . . . I shake my head irrationally, but — do I really know him enough to make assumptions? I'd have no idea what kind of guy he was. That made my stomach churn uncomfortably. Would he really?

"Elle, get off of me!"

Elle? What is she doing here?

"No!" She argued, almost shouting at this point. "I came to see you, so stop pushing me away, Theo. I know you still want me." I heard a series of clicks and the situation only dawned on me when I heard Theo's muffled grunts as if he was struggling.

"Stop," he demanded, and it was enough reason for me to start moving my feet.

I run on instinct.

"Mhm, I miss this . . ."

My heart was thumping erratically against my chest as I angrily abandoned the cart and rush towards one of the hidden stalls in the corner.

"No, Elle—"

"Get off of him, you bitch!" I grab her by the back of her collar and she stumbles with a gasp.

Theo freezes against the wall, shirtless. His eyes were clouded with fear, his face disquieted, and I can't imagine how he felt at the time. He meets my gaze for a second but only looks down at the ground as if he was ashamed to be seen like this . . . this vulnerable.

My face hardened and I then tore my gaze away, not focusing on anything else but the girl that lays on the ground as I hovered over her with my claws striking her velvet skin.

"You fucking slut! Get off me!" She screamed, aimlessly thrashing her frail arms. I grabbed her long hair and swung my right hand, punching her as hard as I could. It wasn't enough, based on her reaction, because she was able to get a hold of my neck and spur my exposed skin until I felt a stinging sensation.

I threw another punch and slap to her slightly bruised cheek without thinking about the consequences.

"I told you to stay the fuck away!"

All I could think about was beating this girl to a pulp until she was unrecognizable. Until she appeared as inhuman as possible.

If I can't hurt her emotionally or psychologically, I'll hurt her physically. It's one of the few things I know how to do. I have never been into a violent fight before, but my emotions were in control as of now.

Nothing else came to my mind. It was just a surge of rage in my blood mixed with adrenaline coursing through my veins, that I couldn't believe she dared to touch Theo despite his protests and constant refusal. She couldn't take a 'no' and it infuriated me to think that if I hadn't arrived, this would have turned out badly, and she could have seriously hurt him.

"Ola! Oh my God, stop!"

This is what she deserves.

"Get off of her! You're gonna kill her!"

I didn't notice all the screams and wails around us until I was being carried away by my arms and dragged away from the pool of blood on the cement floor. My hands were numb and when I looked up frantically, I met eyes with Theo, who only gave me an empty stare in the midst of a swarm of bodies.

"Holy fuck," Russell managed to say, running a hand over his face as he sat me down on a chair in a room he forced us in. "What the hell was that?"

I blinked, unable to form my words. Unable to comprehend the past five minutes and how quickly the situation escalated. How I went from agreeing to a harmless favor, to standing up to dickheads, and to . . . I wiped at my nose, feeling the aftermath of my violent routes.

I get it, though. I've never considered myself a fighter, nor have I ever dealt with my emotions in this way. But here I am — fighting someone else's fight. Still, this isn't the time to point fingers; I did what I needed to do, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish it hadn't gotten to that point and Theo had intervened.

"Fuck, Ola, you're bleeding," Russell panicked, shutting his eyes at the sight of blood while also trying to appear calm.

I'd laugh if I was in the right headspace right now.

I reached up and dabbed my nose with my sleeves.

The blood seeps through the cotton like wildfire and my lips downturn.

"Fuck."

"What? Regretting your life decisions now?" Russell posed the million-dollar query.

"This was my favorite," my eyes were teary at the sight. Although, I knew the adrenaline was starting to wear off when I began to feel the ache all over my body. I could only guess that after everything, my neck had to be covered in scratches.

Just then, the door flies open, revealing my dear friend Skye, complete with a bucket of popcorn in her arms. When her gaze falls on me, her mouth falls open. Jade falls right behind with a huge hat over her head and a pair of ridiculously, expensive Balenciaga sunglasses.

"Ouuu, damn, girl," Jade let out, wincing for me. "tell me she looks worse."

My lips curve up.

"Oh my God, what happened?" Skye bends over to inspect my face. I scratch the back of my neck and poorly angle my body sway.

"Well, you see . . ."

no vote goal for now bc who else lives for the drama ?? 🙋🏻‍♀️

thoughts on this chapter? ALSO trailer is coming soon, so look out for that!

~vee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 52 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
1M 16.7K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
178K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...
3.2K 222 33
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...