The Legendary Forest

By legendaryfever

How far will you go to bring peace to your kingdom? How far will you go to protect your newly beloved? ~~ Whe... More

Main Characters and Other Info
Rewrite Chapter 1
Rewrite Chapter 2
Rewrite Chapter 3
Rewrite Chapter 4
Rewrite Chapter 5:
Rewrite Chapter 6
Rewrite Chapter 7
Rewrite Chapter 8
Rewrite Chapter 9
Rewrite Chapter 10
Rewrite 11
Rewrite Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Rewrite
Chapter 14 Rewrite
Chapter 15 Rewrite
Chapter 16 Rewrite
Chapter 17 Rewrite
Rewrite Chapter 18
19 rewrite
A Flash to the Past
Rewrite Chapter 20
Rewrite chapter 21
Rewrite Chapter 22
Rewrite Chapter 23
~Part 2~
NL: Chapter 1
NL: Chapter 2
NL: Chapter 3
NL: Chapter 4
NL: Chapter 5
NL: Chapter 6
NL: Chapter 7
NL: Chapter 8
NL: Chapter 9
NL: Chapter 10
NL: 11
NL 12
NL 13
NL: 14
NL: 16
NL: 17
NL: 18
NL 19
NL 20
Legendary Forest Chronicles PART 3

NL: 15

0 0 0
By legendaryfever

The Real Darkness

Narissa collapsed and began into her vision state as soon as she heard that name.

Like a spear, it triggered immediately just from hearing it, but she wouldn't remember how she got into the vision state nor what the vision would be about.

"Kaizo!" A young silver haired girl's voice called, "Is Sizerci here?" She asked before her voice faded and another memory formed.

"Kaizo..." An older woman's voice whispered, "What are we going to do? Our children... they cannot stay. If I had known then I would never had sent them here." The memory faded into another again.

"Sir Kaizo!" The girl from the first memory called out. "Do you think... Well uh..." She moved nervously, "Do you think he would like it?"

"You are always precious to him, to Vanez, and even me." The one called Kaizo finally spoke in this memory. However the memory faded again.

The girl was in a different memory. "Kaizo..." She whispered, "Are you taking Sizerci somewhere?"

He smiled and nodded his head gently, "Don't worry it won't be for long. Besides I would rather that every one of you would go too."

The girl's eyes lightened up, "R-really?"

"Yes, really. It would help you all get closer anyways." He smiled down at the girl who dreamed to leave every day.

"So Suni and Sarci will be there too?" She smiled widely.

"Yes, but I'm afraid I haven't told Sarci, yet, dear child." The man lowered his head, "She has been distant lately and you can only get through to her by using Suni."

Kaizo always enjoyed their company. He treated them right and how they should be not like beings with any mistakes are bad.
Everyone made mistakes but they treated it as if it was the worse thing ever done. As if it was a demon that one must purify them of.

"Kaizo, I don't want Sizerci to go. I am going to miss him." She told him.

He pat her head and smiled, "I know you love him. Don't worry. All will be well in time , you'll see."

Little did they know of the girl who listened in, but before anyone could do a thing or even realize it, the girl ran off as fast as her feet could take her.

She ran straight into the library and shut the door. She began to breathe heavily.

A boy smiled at her, "Running from trouble again?"

She gave a nervous, but sly smile, "Always!"

However what she heard bothered the girl.

The boy noticed this and looked at her, "Sarci... What's wrong?"

"I heard something... What if I can't see you again!?" She exclaimed, raising her voice a bit, "I can only trust you... Everyone else turns me in or... or tell all I do is wrong." She sighs and she lifts her head up from the ground.
She stares out and walks past a window that showed starlight. "What's so wrong with wanting to fight villains and save everyone here from those elders. Nobody likes em' anyways. What's so wrong with a dream to explore the world, use a sword, battle and face evil, but where you're also unstoppable against those evil guys!"

The boy smiled and took her in his arms, "There's nothing wrong except that your only a girl. The elders say that--"

Sarci huffed annoyed, "Girls are supposed to be pretty and doing nothing but follow rules and whatever their husbands want pfft I know! It doesn't mean I can't. I'm sure I'll be just as good as any male." She crossed her arms,
"Elevins, if I cut my hair and dressed how I liked they wouldn't even know the difference if I was a girl or not. Then I'll be able to do all I want."

"It's not that simple..." He whispered, "But I will protect you from the all until then."

"Alright, just promise me if we are separated you won't forget me. Don't bring me back though because I will certainly will be the hero fighting with my trusty sword. And Suni,"

He nodded looking towards her with so much appreciation and admiration.

"Please try to leave this place with Syrukia too." She lowered her head as a stray tear rolled down her cheek, "And if you are away then someday the four of us could be together. Just know that I will be defeating bad guys."

Suni nodded as he wiped the tear away.

And the memory faded out.

...

Narissa suddenly opened her eyes. "Hu... What?!" She looked around and noticed Niderudion was holding her.

He suddenly pressed himself closer to her and kissed her, not caring if all were around.

However, Suni widen his eyes and couldn't believe what he saw.

Even if it wasn't love, he was hurt because a part of him did end up loving her.
But she could never do the same.

"I'm so glad you're alright." His eyes held emotion.

She shook her head and smiled, "I'm alright." She said despite her arm bleeding. She lowered herself to the ground.
"Sorry I must have used too much energy.." Narissa told everyone. Then she looked at Suniverozi and Syrukia. "Did one of you say something?"

They both awkwardly shook their head, "N..no. we were just looking for our shadowed acquaintance. But he's here now."

They without a doubt knew it was because they said his name she had a sudden vision or memory.

She looked over and soon enough there was a male covered in shadow so much that any feature was lost and unrecognizable.

"Maybe..." Niderudion looked down, "You could come back with us." He told Narissa, not meeting her gaze.

"She immediately looked up at him and nodded, "Oh definitely I'll come! Especially after you catching me and all. I could've hit my head and died! Nideru!" She grinned,
"You also helped me end the main source of darkness in Dizirá. You're amazing!"

Niderudion stepped back as Narissa embraced him with a hug.

Kyriadelia and the elemental princes were having a long conversation while Cestía and her brother were seeing how the other was since they last seen the other.

The two Narvidians were among themselves commenting how Niderudion and Narissa are going to be the next big thing.

Syrukia and Suniverozi then looked over at Cestía and her brother.

"Let us come too?" The girl whispered in a quiet voice. "I.. rather not go back."

Kyriadelia nodded, "So you have no place to go? I'm sure you can stay!"

...

The next moment they were back at Narvidia.

BAM

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?" Queen Kiridena cried out.
She used to be so easy going and naive, but anything relating to her daughter causes her to get so worked up.

Naricelissa hides behind Niderudion. The rest of them are back too in fear of the woman yelling.

"Queen Kiridena!" Niderudion laughs sheepishly, "And what do I owe this pleasure for?"

"You went to a kingdom covered in that evil darkness! And you endangered Kyriadelia greatly!" The queen exclaimed.

Niderudion took a deep breath, "Look wherever I go that girl ends up following," he shrugged.
"Sometimes I don't even know. I don't want her to. It annoys me, honestly!"

Kiridena narrowed her eyes, "And not only that you brought back a shadowed person! They can't be trusted what if he turns against us and--"

Kaizo steps forward, Niderudion and Narissa moving out of the way.

"Excuse me, I am sorry if I made a mess of things by coming here." Kaizo lowered his head, darkness covering him entirely,
"I just thought I would be safer and they would be too. We are escaping from a world where we aren't free to do what we want."

"It is the truth. We thought they won't find us here and you could help him become with light again." Suniverozi spoke up.
"Please if I go back I'd have to do something I'd rather not... I can't bring those two out of their freedom and back into a prison they once escaped!" He too went on his knees.

The queen thought for a bit and made up her mind. "I see. As long as you harm none of us here, I suppose you can stay. And I in turn, will try to help you break the shadows within as long as in can't spread."

Syrukia widen her eyes and smiled, "Y-your Majesty! T... thank you!"

Then Kaizo lowered spoke again, "However if other darkness comes I cannot promise you I might be force to go against you and if that happens will try my best to leave."

Narissa peeking out from Niderudion's shoulders exclaimed, "Now that's everything is solved let's go to your quarters, Nideru I want to gi--"

"Not so fast." Kiridena stopped her, "Everytime I see you and you at involved things happen that I don't like. My daughter was thankfully not injured but look at how you are covered in so much blood!"

Narissa grinned, "Don't worry 75% of it isn't mine. Most of the blood on any of us aren't." She leaned back into Niderudion's arms,
"Also, Nideru and I were the only ones who actually engaged in some sort of battle I only needed the others for healing Dizirá of its darkness."

Niderudion looked at his princess, "75%?! You mean you are actually hurt? Why didn't you say anything?"

Narissa scoffed, "I'm not hurt. You don't have to worry about me, I thought I told you that. Unless..." She leaned into him.

"No." He just answered.

Narissa's face fell, "What whyyy?! Pleasssssssse! Nideru! Niderrrrrru!"

"I like you like this." He smiled.

Narissa eyes gleamed at him.

"Oh hush!" She put her hand to his lips.

Suniverozi sighed at the sight, "I don't understand I never..." He trailed off, "It was arranged but why do I feel like this?"

"Do you think Sizerci is too?" Syrukia whispered.

"I don't believe he would... Well I always thought he truly liked you." Kaizo spoke up.

Suniverozi shook his head, "They lost their memories! Who knows what they believe or will do!?" He exclaimed a little bit too loud.

Some of the others turned their heads.

"Are you guys okay?" Cestía made her way over with her brother.

"I don't think you are bad." He told the group of three.

Suniverozi smiled, "Thank you and sorry for being loud."

"No worry, mi amigos (my friends)" She waved it off before retreating with the Dizirá prince.

Kaizo then whispered to the two, "It just kinda bothers me seeing my own daughter like that with another."

Syrukia laughs, "Before it wasn't a problem?"

"Before that never happened out in the open or to that extent." Kaizo huffs as he shrugs down to the seat.

"I don't think he means harm despite what any of you think..." Syrukia whispered, "Besides she seems happy."

"Well I should head back it's about four hours until sunrise!" Narissa exclaims turning to the others.

"Shame you couldn't stay any later..." Niderudion trailed off.

"Sorry! Plus my brother has been messaging me, but I haven't really looked at what he said." The girl shrugged. After she lost consciousness for a bit her foresight has been slightly off, "It probably isn't important."

Niderudion sighed, "What does Nakosir say?"

Narissa widened her eyes but appeared to say nothing. "I was right..." She muttered only just above her breath where her words were barely audible.

"I.. I need to go now!" Narissa exclaimed, "I... It's Esperon... My brother he said... I..." She muttered frantically,
"I was right. But I'll be back... Cause I won't be able to... Stay I..." She started breathing fast.

"Narissa calm down!" Niderudion put his hands on her shoulders, "What happened to Esperon!?"

"Look at your Lervizon...." She whispered, "Nako said that your sister... The reedins have her trapped but the kingdom is truly falling now!" She took a few steps back so the glass windows were the only thing behind her.

"No... Novalie.." Niderudion felt himself clenched through the part of his soul that was still connected to his sister.

If she were to be covered like Cestía and Cevestíon, their kingdom would be in chaos.

She was hurt, he felt that. But he couldn't Narissa rush into that either. "Narissa! Don't go!"

She stood at the edge between the outside and back with Niderudion. "I CAN'T NOT GO. I HAVE TO! There... There will be people in trouble I have to help if I don't how could live with myself knowing that I couldn't save them just like...."
Her voice trailed off when her memory failed her, "I MUST GO!"

As she jumped out Niderudion ran towards where she was staying just in time to miss pulling her back to keep her from going. "The sun will rise before then! If you touch the sun rays, you will surely die! ANY ESPERON WILL, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE DIFFERENT!?" He cried out.

She heard his voice and smiled sadly, "That's a risk I'm willing to take. Besides there's twenty minutes to spare if calculated correctly."

Then she ran off as fast as she could. Niderudion stood there at the edge of the windowsill and sighed.

He then began to grip to sill as if, he too, was going to jump off and save Esperon.

"No!" Midnira shot a beam of magic that closed the window. "Don't you dare even thinking about chasing her."

"But she c-"

"I know you're worried but still! You can't risk your entire life." Midnira proudly states,
"The sun could hit you too and it would mean something if you were taking those potions that helps your body tolerate Narvidia light, but you have not."

Niderudion staggered back, "I haven't seen you take them either!"

Midnira smiled, "That's because I took them a long time ago about over sixteen years ago. And once you take enough you can surpass the light without having to take anymore."

Niderudion widen his eyes and frowned. "But Esperon is going to crumble! I can't just do nothing-- everyone there wil--"

"Everyone?" Midnira raised her eyebrow, "Since when did you care about what happened to everyone."

"In a kingdom... There are those who wear the crown. They each must rule with just and make sure all subjects do as they must." Niderudion smiles that smile of his that is neither cold nor twisted,
"But they cannot mistreat or disrespect them for without its people a kingdom is no more. That is why you must make sure they are happy, are able to live, and no should starve anymore than the king."

Midnira shook her head, "I still have a hard time believing you truly care. You and Novalie were always selfish in that matter."

Niderudion shook his head, "Mother you got it all wrong. Maybe at one point I was like that, but I'd always cared about Esperon and anyone living there. I'd do anything for my kingdom, you know that."

"Besides you just want to go to help your knight's sister. She can take care of herself."

"Touché." He shrugged, "I'm also worried about Novalie. If something happens to her all of this would be for nothing! All this time away would be useless. And if I could never see her again I... I..." He lowered his voice,
"How can I achieve what I want without her by my side. We planned to rule, queen and king as both sister and brother but if she is not there than what can I do..."

Midnira shook her head, "They wouldn't hurt her to that extent when they have no idea where you are. And another thing, you are both only a prince and princess. Patience."

Niderudion stood there still with a cold look of his face from what Narissa could be facing and sighed.
He hoped for her safety.

"I am. I have three more years.." he said smugly. "Oh and Nakosir did tell both of us too, not just his sister. So maybe he wanted us to come and help too?"

Midnira laughed, "Nice try. But that won't do. Also you know that Nakosir isn't his name, right? Unless he told you to not call his full name just like how you told him to not call you your full title."

Niderudion blinked. "Wait... What!?" He gasped, "But he introduced himself like that! Why did he if that wasn't his full name?"

Midnira smiled, "Because he didn't want anyone else to call him that because of a Confidential Matter. I just thought you would have known by now, but I guess you don't."

Niderudion gives her a flat face, "Why bring it up?"

"You know they both lost their memories. They did it to help people and save others from a terrible fate. But above all protect those of the past."
She smiled mysteriously as Niderudion became surprised, "You do know they aren't pure Esperon, right?"

He staggered back. "What?"

Midnira shrugged, "Oh I thought you were aware. Most in Esperon aren't fully Esperon."

Niderudion couldn't believe it, "And how do you know that? If they aren't Esperon then what are they? W-w-we are Esperon right?"

She smiled but neither answered his question, "Is there something wrong that they aren't fully Esperon? I thought you knew all about the history. What was before Esperon? Those two kingdoms... Name them."

Niderudion suddenly thought of something, "Elevin and Luminescentias I think. Most of them are from those kingdoms." He told his mother.

She shook her head, "Luminescentias was remained Esperon. And Elevin..." She turned to Syrukia, Suniverozi, and the shadowed person.
"They are descendants from that kingdom who became no more than a fragile vila. But because of their lost hatred stroke them and it seems they wanted revenge of things that happened almost thousands of years ago."

"Then why would they be living in Esperon if they wanted revenge?" Niderudion furrowed his eyes.

Midnira sighed, "Because Esperon became a kingdom that combined the two, following mostly Luminescentias customs and traditions, but there were several aspects that had influence from Elevin itself. Also they technically joined when both heirs married, but we all know how they mysterious disappeared and most likely died sometime afterwards." Midnira shrugged,
"Because of the marriage some stayed together. And those who didn't join became what is the remaining of the kingdom today. But those who did, their descendants are neither pure Esperon nor Elevins."

Niderudion stared in thought, "How did you know Narissa and Nakosir we're part of that?"

Midnira smiled, "I have my ways."

Niderudion stood there feeling even more frustrated.

Frustrated he can't help Narissa and she could die, frustrated that he didn't know how they could be only half or less Esperon.

He walked out of the room and sighed.

He just hoped because he wasn't fully Esperon that it would save her from the light.

// So it begins... The final arc
-Legend x\\

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.7K 37
A Queen and a King from different empires Join forces through Consensual marriage. A brave, courageous (maybe evil) queen Meets, A shy, introverted...
5.5K 477 31
She was to be the princess of the Elves. She was to bring peace to a war-laden land, with all of the Supernaturals attacking each other. She was supp...
24.1K 1.3K 39
As long as people believed that there was a division between the Gifted and the non-Gifted, that one was superior to the other, I wasn't done. As lon...
397 43 18
Time.... Fear...... Pain..... Free Will...... Choice...... So much more... All entertwined together in a Universe where nothing is just simple.... Tw...