THE GUARD DOGS (OT7)

By Lethal_Bangtan

β›“ WEEKLY UPDATES β›“ Namjoon's oversized hoodie drapes largely over his frame, his black rimmed glasses adding... More

INTRO: THE GUARD DOGS
CHARACTERS
SUMMARY 2
β›“Ch. 1: Two Faced
β›“Ch. 2: Tattoos
β›“Ch. 3: Stress Of A Boxer
β›“Ch. 4: Forgetful Dealer
β›“Ch. 5: Frazzled
β›“Ch. 6: Bad Decisions
β›“Ch. 7: Bad Timing
β›“Ch. 8: Extracurricular Activities (P. 1)
β›“Ch. 9: Extracurricular Activities (P. 2)
β›“Ch. 11: Old Memories (P. 1)
β›“Ch. 12: Old Memories (P. 2)
β›“Ch. 13: Oh Fuck
β›“Ch. 14: Scent In The Air
β›“Ch 15: Whose Lap
β›“Ch. 16: His Biggest Mistake
β›“Ch. 17: Predator And Prey
β›“ Ch. 18: I'm Dangerous, Too
THE GUARD DOGS SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

β›“Ch. 10: Paper, Punishment, and Paying Up

1.8K 131 42
By Lethal_Bangtan

"You? How the hell did you get in?" I sigh in relief at the sight of a sleepy orange cat curled up on my pillow.

"Everyone's acting like they pay the Goddamn bills here." I roll my eyes and slowly creep up to the cat to pet it.

Purring loudly, I scratch its head while it stretches onto its back, showing its tummy.

"Why'd you break into my house?" I spot the half open window, a detail Yoongi didn't forget about when he decided to turn into his hybrid form, "Listen dude," I pat the fuzzy tummy, "I have class so I have to hurry to leave but I'll feed you first."

Bolding into the kitchen, I grab a bag of cat food I use to feed it and other strays and pour some into a blue plastic bowl. I fill another one up with water and head back to my room where I place it, as well as a couple towels down on the floor and my bed since this isn't the most cleanly thing to do.

"I better not regret this." I sigh to myself as I shut the bedroom door completely and hope it'll just sleep until I'm back.

With forty minutes to spare, I shower and try my hardest to mask the scent of weed that's stinking up my whole house. The last thing I need is for everyone to know I'm a pot head.

"You're on thin ice." I tell myself as I run out the door and head to my 8:00 AM Anatomy class where Yoongi should also be.

"We will be discussing our first big assignment, there will be four of them I believe over the course of this semester." My professor speaks as I take a seat, the bell ringing just in time, "For this, you shall work with your given partner I had already assigned for this semester. Please take your text books out, only one is needed for each group."

Yanking the textbook out, I nudge Yoongi who's half awake and breathing heavily.

My eyebrow furrows, "You okay? You're like... hyperventilating almost."

"Yeah, just... the stairs... was almost late." He brushes it off while seeming real out of breath.

"Right." I chuckle, always feeling winded from the stairs as well.

"Here, have some." I take out a snack and some water from my bag since it seems he was rushing so much he probably couldn't eat breakfast, "When did you leave my house? Did you sleep?"

"Thanks but I'm not hungry, ate a lot and drank way too much water already." He lays his head down on the table while dodging my questions and I shrug, not even noticing that he's in the same clothes from yesterday with tussled hair.

Walking to my next class with an iced Americano in hand, (my fave 😫) I decide to get an early seat  since I haven't been to this class before. Walking in, I see the words Dieting and Digestion written on the dry erase board. Sitting in the front row, a few other students start to enter and begin chatting about what the class entails.

I chug some of my coffee as the class gets started, the high finally starting to completely fizzle out as I start focusing more.

"Good afternoon, I'm Miss Lapell and this is our first time meeting for our Dieting and Digestion course." A young woman with short black hair speaks, "We will have an easy day today, just covering the semester's work load and rules. Please take out paper and something to write with, I'll be giving you guys important dates to write down." She skims through a planner in hand.

I grab my notebook and a blue gel pen out from my bag and title it 'important dates' and the class' name.

"Shit." Someone mumbles and within a few seconds I feel a tap on my shoulder, "Can I have a piece of paper, please?"

I nod quickly and rip out a couple pages, handing them back behind me to the person.

"Thanks!" He says a little too enthusiastically for my exhausted brain so I just nod.

I hear a sharp inhale behind me and silence until the professor starts to tell us test and exam dates and for the rest of the class, I zone out until the panic sets in about something I'm just now remembering...

"I'll take that as a yes so tomorrow meet me by the front entrance and I'll take you back to my place where all of it is."

Ah shit!

Taehyung you fucking bastard!

I yet again had completely forgotten that I had told him to come with me today so I can carry out my bribe to keep his mouth shut. No cancelling or going back on my word, Taehyung doesn't let things go as easily as others.

I just need to get this over with to calm some of my anxiety...

"Excuse me?" An apprehensive man's voice pulls me back to reality while other students begin filing out of the room, class finished.

I quickly look to the man that's standing to my right and realize that it's the guy who Jungkook saved from being beaten up the other day.

"I just... just wanted to say that, uh... " He stutters like a mess but it's cute so I allow it.

I smile sincerely as he pulls something from his pocket. My eyes land on it and I suck in a sharp breath.

"The paper you handed me today was the same paper as a note that was anonymously put in my locker yesterday." He nervously holds it up for me to see my own handwriting, "I just wanted to ask if it was really you?" He suddenly looks down to his Converse shoes as if embarrassed.

I smile knowingly and nod my head, "Yes, I didn't even realize you were sitting behind me." I chuckle, "If I did I would've said hello!"

"Oh! Really? I've been wondering who it was that wrote that note, you're so nice for doing that! It made me so happy!" The man tucks the note away and allows his gray and pink stripped sweater's sleeves fall past his hands, covering them like little paws.

What a sweet guy!

"I'm sorry about what had happened, I'm glad I could help bring some positivity to you, though! We should talk more often, I'd like to be friends."

"Friends?" His eyes light up, "S-sure! Friends! I can even help you with the homework for this class and we can study together too, if you'd like!" He grins and reminds me a little bit of myself and Jung Hoseok who reacted similarly.

Should I introduce them?

"Awesome!" I clasp my hands together, "I'll see you next week! Or, if you have class tomorrow then maybe we can go get lunch?"

"I would love to tomorrow! I can meet you after my twelve forty-five class at the front of the building, probably around three thirty-five. See you then!" He waves while heading out the door.

I gather my things and start walking down the long hallways, sipping the remnants of my coffee absentmindedly while being glad I can go home and relax.

Boy, was I wrong.

"Are you serious? That smell is all over you and getting in the halls!"

"I didn't smoke anything!"

"You know it's illegal, right?"

"Yes! I didn't do any- "

"Get to the office! I'm not messing around with you, this is offensive to have such a student like you coming into our school."

My wide eyes watch from around the corner in the hallway as Yoongi gets taken to the main office.

"Fuck!" I whisper yell to myself as my heart sinks at the sight of his attire.

I hadn't even realized that he was wearing the same clothes from yesterday that he smoked in and like that professor said - marijuana is illegal where I live.

Without thinking, I rush to follow them to the large office that the school's director and security is in. Opening the door, my hands sweat as I become increasingly nervous. I hadn't been prepared for a situation like this but what else can I do?

"Hello, Miss Pak! It's a pleasure to see you again." I greet my past professor and smile to the rest in the room, Yoongi looking perplexed.

"Oh, hello." She smiles politely, "I apologize but we have some business to take care of." She motions to Yoongi, "You can wait in the hall if you need to discuss anything with me afterwards?"

"Ah, you see that's why I came here actually. I happened to overhear what just happened and I wanted to vouch for Min Yoongi that he actually didn't smoke." I turn up the acting skills to ten in hopes this'll work, "I have a class with him and he actually gets picked on by a boy who I don't know the name of."

Miss Pak and the director listen intently to my lies as I continue.

"I saw that man blow smoke at him multiple times on the way to school today while they made fun of him. I should've told someone when it happened." I lower my head as if regretful, "This student here didn't do anything wrong and I'd hate to see him be punished."

The two security guards munch away on their subs while listening to the drama.

Miss Pak raises a brow while looking back and forth between Yoongi and I, "You saw that? Today?" She looks Yoongi up and down before giving me a worried smile, "Y/n, Min Yoongi has had prior offenses and run-in's with our security for poor behavior. You weren't hanging around someone like him right?"

"Oh, no! Of course not! I'm busy studying." I immediately spurt out the first bullshit that comes to mind with too cheery of a tone and my stomach sinks.

"Good, I wouldn't want to see one of our top students hanging out with a delinquent." She places her hands on her hips while eyeing Yoongi.

My smile falters at her rude words, realizing what she's implying.

"Miss, I didn't mean to agree with you - he is a great student actually and- " I try to go back on what I said.

"Don't worry!" She cuts me off and pats my shoulder, us both looking to Yoongi with two very different expressions, "I know someone like you wouldn't associate with him."

"But- "

"You both can go now since Y/n here was so kind enough to help you. Have a lovely rest of your day, Miss Y/n." She smiles to only me as Yoongi immediately leaves out the large wooden door.

"What the hell was that?" His brow pinches together and he grabs my left wrist, taking me down the hall and around a corner with him, "Why did you say that so easily? That, of course you wouldn't be friends with me, bullshit? You stuck up for me because you could've also gotten in trouble if I told them it was yours, right?"

"What? No! I didn't mean it like that, Yoongi." I shake his grip off of my wrist as I try to explain.

"Oh, I know exactly what you meant, Y/n. Saved your own ass and then didn't even stick up for me when she called me those shit names all because of the act you have to put on while here. Talk about two-faced."

"I panicked!" I flail my hands in the air to show emphasis, my heart racing as I start to sweat, "I said whatever came to my mind first!"

He turns away while shaking his head, "And the first thing was to make sure they know you don't associate with me? Do you see me as a bad student, too? God! You're worse than me with all that illegal shit you do outside of school yet everyone sucks up to your little act!" He begins walking away.

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I fucked up big time but I didn't know what else to say. I panicked and that's all.

Am I really that two-faced?

"Wait!" I yell after Yoongi who's about to leave out a side door, "Can't we talk about this?"

"You don't hang around people like me, remember?" The door slams shut.

I stand in shock for a moment before feeling the need to rush home. Still, I'd rather fuck up our friendship or whatever we had going for a bit rather than him getting kicked out for smelling like weed. Tough situation but I didn't know what to do, I just knew I needed to help but what I said was still wrong and hurtful even if it wasn't my intention.

I hate feeling emotions like this!

When did I get so soft?

"There you are, fuck! I've been waiting forever." Taehyung stops me at the main doors as I go to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 734 30
" Taehyung: If you knew who I was you wouldn't talk to me like that. He smirked and walked closer to me. Y/n: And if you knew who I was you would kn...
1.2M 53.5K 68
"I'm not a kitten, Y/n." Jungkook smirks while closing in on me, my back hitting the wall. His hands that are on either side of me block my escape a...
5K 348 12
Wow, you're the most beautiful man I ever saw in my life." The man spoke so Jimin snapped his gaze to look at him in disbelief. "That's highly unlike...
182K 12.3K 70
πŸ₯🐰 : Pure Fiction πŸ–€ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...