Coup de Foudre [Fred Weasley]...

By SlytherinScum

Vega-Nova Lestrange, entering her Sixth-Year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, finds herself surrounded wi... More

⚡️ Information ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 1 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 2 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 3 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 4 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 5 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 6 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 7 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 8 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 9 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 10 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 11 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 12 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 13 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 14 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 15 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 16 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 17 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 18 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 20 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 21 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 22 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 23 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 24 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 25 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 26 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 27 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 28 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 29 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 30 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 31 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 32 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 33 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 34 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 35 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 36 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 37 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 38 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 39 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 40 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 41 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 42 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 43 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 44 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 45 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 46 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 47 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 48 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 49 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 50 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 51 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 52 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 53 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 54 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 55 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 56 ⚡️
⚡️ NOTE ⚡️

⚡️ Chapter 19 ⚡️

95 7 0
By SlytherinScum

There was a spot of silence in the Headmaster's office as Vega processed everything that they had discussed and everything Dumbledore had told them – everything that they had seen. Vega was felt dirty thinking that she related to such strange people, as if it could be any worse than being related to Bellatrix Lestrange and Voldemort.

Vega looked away from the desk in front of her and to the window outside to avoid catching any pair of eyes in the room – the sky outside was inky black and the lamps in Dumbledore's office seemed to glow more brightly than before.

"I think that will do for tonight, Vega and Harry," Dumbledore said after a moment or two, and Vega looked back over and nodded quietly, getting tot her feet.

"Yes, sir," Harry said as he, himself, got to his feet after Vega, but did not leave. "Sir... is it important to know all this about Voldemort's past?"

"Very important, I think," Dumbledore replied.

"And it... it's got something to do with the prophecy?" Harry asked.

"It has everything to do with the prophecy," Dumbledore confirmed.

"Right," Harry said, a little confused, but reassured all the same. He turned to go and almost ran into Vega when she stopped to look at Dumbledore.

"Um, Professor," Vega spoke. "Are we... allowed to tell Ron and Hermione about everything that we have just discussed in this office tonight?"

Dumbledore considered him for a moment, then said, "Yes, I think Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger have proved themselves trustworthy. But Vega, I am going to ask you both to ask them not to repeat any of this to anybody else. It would not be a good idea if word got around how much I know, or suspect, about Lord Voldemort's secrets,"

"Yes, of course, Professor," Vega replied, not very keen to expose such relations to her friends. "I will make sure... that this remains between us, and Ron and Hermione – thank you, and uh, good night,"

Vega and Harry both moved to leave the room together when something caught their attention – sitting on one of the little spindle-legged tables that supported so many frail-looking silver instruments, was an ugly gold ring set with a large, cracked, black stone.

"Sir," Harry spoke up. "That ring –"

"Yes?" Dumbledore asked.

"You were wearing it when we visited Professor Slughorn that night," Harry said, sharing a look with Vega, who looked just as bothered by it.

"So I was," Dumbledore agreed.

"But isn't it... sir, isn't it the same ring Marvolo Gaunt showed Ogden?" Harry asked, and Dumbledore bowed his head while Vega's eyes narrowed at it.

"The very same," Dumbledore replied.

"How come did you get it, Professor?" Vega asked. "If this is something that Marvolo Gaunt... prided himself over as being the descendant of Slytherin, wouldn't Voldemort want it? Have you always had it?"

"No, I acquired it very recently," Dumbledore answered and Vega looked at him in surprise. "A few days before I came to fetch the pair of you from your homes, in fact,"

"That would be around the time you injured your hand, then, sir?" Harry asked.

"Around that time, yes, Harry," Dumbledore responded.

Harry hesitated. Dumbledore was smiling, and so, Harry pressed further, "Sir, how exactly –?"

"Too late, Harry!" Dumbledore replied. "You shall hear the story another time – good night,"

"Good night, sir," Harry said before following Vega out of the office and out to the corridor, past the lone gargoyle as they shared a weary look between each other.

But Vega had no idea where to start the conversation, and she was far too lost in her own thoughts to really concern herself with that – she had never known that she was, in fact, a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin... as if there was ever something worse that Vega could possibly be related to – and here she was, being met with a cruel reality.

Now that she was sixteen-years-old, Vega felt like she could distinguish herself from her family, and whoever her 'parents' were. But she knew that if it reached the wrong ears, it would haunt her for the rest of her life, and she wouldn't be unmarked.

It was still disgusting for her to think that her parents were such murderers while her own maternal grandmother had... forced herself on a helpless Muggle to produce a child. It sent a crawling feeling up her arms whenever she thought about it.

Vega felt like she was the furthest person from being someone who was into inter-breeding, into murdering and spiking Muggles, into blood-supremacy.

But it was now that Vega found more understanding – first as to why she could speak Parseltongue – and she found more resolution to be not like them. Now that she had seen it with her own eyes, she knew what to not follow, and she only wished she kept her head straight and not go crazy like her mother, or not become anything like her father.

Lastly, it was clear why the Sorting Hat might have felt like she would find a home in Slytherin – she was related to that man, after all. But now, she was very relieved to know that she was a Gryffindor through and through, and nothing else.

Only a true Gryffindor could've pulled the Sword out, after all.

However, Vega didn't the chance to think about it far too often in the upcoming days – as Hermione had very well predicted, the sixth years' free periods were not the hours of blissful relaxation as Ron had anticipated, but times in which to attempt to keep up with the vast amount of homework they were being set every single day.

Not only were they studying as though they had exams every day, but the lessons themselves had become more demanding than ever before. Vega had rarely ever had any time to breathe and was always upset if someone tried to mess her schedule.

Most students barely understood half of what Professor McGonagall said to them these days; even Hermione had had to ask her to repeat instructions once or twice. It seemed like only Vega had ever paid attention to an older sibling's education to expect this.

From the experience with Dora, and from going through books beforehand, Vega felt relieved to even have an idea as to what they were to study and practise.

Incredibly, and to Hermione's increasing resentment, Harry's best subject had suddenly become Potions, thanks to the Half-Blood Prince.

That was even a surprise to Vega as she had never found herself being held at the same level in Potions with Harry – it had always been her and Hermione before. Of course, the one person who seemed to enjoy this the most was Slughorn himself.

On the other hand, nonverbal spells were now expected, not only in Defence Against the Dark Arts, but in Charms and Transfiguration too. Vega found herself struggling a bit with it but she found the key for her was to keep practising until she was used to the spells as she was with the ones that she had been using since a young age like Lumos.

But Vega was not the only one having a tough time with it – Vega frequently looked over at her classmates in the common room or at mealtimes to see them purple in the face and straining as though they had overdosed on U-No-Poo; but she knew that they were really struggling to make spells work without saying incantations aloud.

Given that felt so suffocating in the castle due to the mounting homework, Vega always looked forward to classes out on the field – especially Care of Magical Creatures where Hagrid and her had managed to study in-person the Chupacabra and the four Winged Horses, and others in-book such as the Runespoor, Rougarou and Snallygaster.

And such, it was a relief to get outside into the greenhouses; they were dealing with more dangerous plants than ever in Herbology, but at least they were still allowed to swear loudly if the Venomous Tentacula seized them unexpectedly from behind.

It was quite a sight to see Professor Sprout to look so alarmed at their outbursts, and Vega found her cheeks turning pink whenever a student got a bit creative with their swearing – but only because she was the most relaxed out of her friends with studies.

For Harry, Ron and Hermione were currently suffering through a bad case of guilt regarding Hagrid as they had not managed themselves well and due to their enormous workload and the frantic hours of practicing nonverbal spells, they had so far been unable to find time to go and visit Hagrid.

They had asked, of course, Vega if she could maybe excuse them whenever she had her class but after a while, Vega had refused to do so – they were never going to go visit and she would continue to look like a fool and a liar every time she excused them.

In Vega's opinion, it was unfair for Hagrid to be apologised through her when those who felt bad could not make time for themselves for him to do so.

Besides, all free time that Vega could manage in their Care of Magical Creatures class, she and Hagrid were pouring over the books to help Aragog.

So, when Harry, Ron and Hermione finally noticed that Hagrid had stopped coming to meals at the staff table – which Vega knew was to visit Aragog – and on the few occasions when they had passed him in the corridors or out in the grounds, he had mysteriously failed to notice them or hear their greetings (especially since Vega was always away to her own classes), the three of them finally decided that they needed to do something about it.

"We've got to go and explain," Hermione said, looking up at Hagrid's huge empty chair at the staff table the following Saturday at breakfast.

"We've got Quidditch try-outs this morning!" Ron exclaimed and Vega shook her head. "And we're supposed to be practicing that Aguamenti Charm from Flitwick!"

"Now you understand why I get upset when you try to mess up my schedule?" Vega responded, busy spreading jam on her toast. "As long as I stick to it, at least I can make time for other things,"

"Anyway, explain what?" Ron said. "How are we going to tell him we hated his stupid subject?"

"We didn't hate it!" Hermione said, exclaimed, and Vega felt like the brunette had made a change to her thinking – which was a good thing in the end.

"Speak for yourself, I haven't forgotten the skrewts," Ron said darkly. "And I'm telling you now, we've had a narrow escape. You didn't hear him going on about his gormless brother – we'd have been teaching Grawp how to tie his shoelaces if we'd stayed,"

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron," Vega spoke up, taking her eyes up from her book. "I'm attending his classes and you don't see me doing any of that, do you? Grawp isn't in the forest. Besides... we've been having some very excellent classes – just last week, I got to study the Chupacabra for the first time, and the Ministry handler was very helpful,"

"I hate not talking to Hagrid," Hermione interjected, looking upset before turning to look at Vega. "Vega, you did mention how sorry we were, right?"

"No, but I did tell him why you couldn't come," Vega replied. "I don't want to apologise for others... I feel foolish, especially since even Mr. Weasley found out that I had lied at Fred and George's shop,"

"We'll go down after Quidditch," Harry assured Hermione, and then looked to Vega. "Are you free today, Vega? I did mention you that we were..."

"Yes, I'm free," Vega replied. "I've cleared out my schedule out for today,"

"Great, because the trials might take all morning, the number of people who have applied," Harry told her. "I dunno why the team's this popular all of a sudden,"

"Oh, come on, Harry," Hermione said, suddenly impatient. "It's not Quidditch that's popular, it's you! You've never been more interesting, and frankly, you've never been more fanciable,"

Ron gagged on a large piece of kipper, and Vega shook her head as she pulled her textbook closer to her along with her plate, not wanting them to be any collateral damage. Hermione spared him one look of disdain before turning back to Harry.

"Everyone knows you have both been telling the truth now, don't they?" Hermione continued onward importantly. "The whole Wizarding world has had to admit that you were right about Voldemort being back and that you two really have fought him twice in the last two years and escaped both times. And now they're calling you 'the Chosen Ones well, come on, can't you see why people are fascinated by you both? It's almost a shame for them that Vega's already well into a relationship with Fred, and no one wants to cross him,"

"No one should want to cross me when it comes to that, either," Vega muttered.

"And you've been through all that persecution from the Ministry when they were trying to make out you were unstable and a liar," Hermione went on. "You can still see the marks on the back of your hand where that evil woman made you write with your own blood, but you stuck to your story anyway... both of you, of course,"

"You can still see where those brains got hold of me in the Ministry, look," Ron said, shaking back his sleeves and Vega frowned as she thought back to it.

"And it doesn't hurt that you've grown about a foot over the summer either," Hermione finished, ignoring Ron. "And even Vega – she's really grown,"

"I'm tall," Ron said inconsequentially, and Vega looked toward him.

It was clear that Ron was trying to get Hermione's attention, which was strange as he was rarely ever so assertive with anything (especially his feelings) and it was stranger that Hermione was ignoring him and his words so resolutely.

The post owls arrived, swooping down through rain-flecked windows, scattering everyone with droplets of water. Most people were receiving more post than usual; anxious parents were keen to hear from their children and to reassure them, in turn, that all was well at home.

Hedwig came circling amongst all the brown and grey owls. She landed in front of Harry carrying a large, square package. A moment later, an identical package landed in front of Ron, crushing beneath it his minuscule and exhausted owl, Pigwidgeon and Vega quickly reached ahead to relieve him of his burden and coo at him with a toast as a treat.

"Ha!" Harry exclaimed, unwrapping the parcel to reveal a new copy of Advanced Potion-Making, fresh from Flourish and Blotts.

"Oh good," Hermione said, delighted. "Now you can give that graffitied copy back,"

"Are you mad?" Harry said. "I'm keeping it! Look, I've thought it out –" He pulled the old copy of Advanced Potion-Making out of his bag and tapped the cover with his wand, muttering, "Diffindo!"

Immediately, the cover fell off. Harry did the same thing with the brand-new book. Hermione looked scandalised while Vega looked annoyed with what he was doing. Harry then swapped the covers, tapped each, and said, "Reparo!" There sat the Prince's copy, disguised as a new book, and there sat the fresh copy from Flourish and Blotts, looking thoroughly second-hand.

"I'll give Slughorn back the new one, he can't complain, it cost nine Galleons," Harry told them.

Hermione pressed her lips together, looking angry and disapproving, but was distracted by a third owl landing in front of her carrying that day's copy of the Daily Prophet. She unfolded it hastily and scanned the front page.

"Anyone we know dead?" Ron asked in a determinedly casual voice; he posed the same question every time Hermione opened her paper.

"No, but there have been more dementor attacks," Hermione said. "And an arrest,"

"Excellent, who?" Harry asked, and Vega looked up in hopes that it was her mother.

"Stan Shunpike," Hermione answered.

"What?" Harry asked, startled and Vega stared at Hermione in surprise, having not expected someone like Stan Shunpike to be arrested of all things.

"'Stanley Shunpike, conductor on the popular Wizarding conveyance the Knight Bus, has been arrested on suspicion of Death Eater activity. Mr. Shunpike, 21, was taken into custody late last night after a raid on his Clapham home...'" Hermione read out.

"Stan Shunpike, a Death Eater?" Harry asked. "No way!"

"He might have been put under the Imperius Curse," Ron said reasonably. "You never can tell,"

"It doesn't look like it," Hermione said, who was still reading. "It says here he was arrested after he was overheard talking about the Death Eaters' secret plans in a pub," She looked up with a troubled expression on her face. "If he was under the Imperius Curse, he'd hardly stand around gossiping about their plans, would he?"

"If that's the case, then maybe he was just pretending to know more than he did," Vega pointed out. "Back at the World Cup, wasn't it him who claimed that he was going to become the youngest Minister of Magic when he was trying to get in with the Veela two years ago?" She turned to look at Harry. "It was the same Stan, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, that's him," Harry confirmed. "I dunno what they're playing at, taking Stan seriously,"

"It looks to me," Vega went on shrewdly. "That the Ministry is trying to make it seem as if they were working hard and doing something – I wouldn't think a former Auror, a man of action, Scrimgeour is too happy to see that ministry's doing nothing, and that's why something like this is on the front-page of the newspaper, right?"

"Maybe..." Hermione said, frowning as she trailed off before looking up. "People are terrified – you know the Patil twins' parents want them to go home? And Eloise Midgen has already been with-drawn. Her father picked her up last night,"

"What!" Ron asked, goggling at Hermione. "But Hogwarts is safer than their homes, bound to be! We've got Aurors, and all those extra protective spells, and we've got Dumbledore!"

"I don't think we've got him all the time," Hermione said very quietly, glancing toward the staff table over the top of the Prophet. "Haven't you noticed? His seat's been empty as often as Hagrid's this past week,"

Harry and Ron looked up at the staff table. It was true that the headmaster's chair was indeed empty. In fact, Vega had not seen Dumbledore since their private lesson a week ago, and she had no idea where he could be so often.

"I think he's left the school to do something with the Order," Hermione said in a low voice. "I mean... it's all looking serious, isn't it?"

None of them answered did not answer, but Vega knew that they were all thinking the same thing. There had been a horrible incident the day before, when Hannah Abbott had been taken out of Herbology to be told her mother had been found dead.

They had not seen Hannah since.

When the four of them left the Gryffindor table five minutes later to head down to the Quidditch pitch, they passed Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown. Vega was not very surprised to find that the two best friends were whispering together, looking distressed over how the things had been going.

It was the expression that everyone had on their faces these days.

What did surprise Vega, however, was that when Ron drew level with them, Parvati suddenly nudged Lavender, who looked around and gave Ron a wide smile. Ron blinked at her, then returned the smile uncertainly. His walk instantly became something more like a strut. Vega furrowed her eyebrows and turned around to share a look with Harry, causing both of them to quickly stifle their surprised laughs.

But they weren't the only ones who had seen this – Hermione had done so as well, and she looked cold and distant all the way down to the stadium through the cool, misty drizzle, and departed to find a place in the stands without wishing Ron good luck.

⚡️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 79 18
In which, Victoria begins her sixth year at Hogwarts. Mixed with the impending danger of Lord Voldemort's plan to take over the wizarding world, her...
12.2K 419 22
Vega-Nova Lestrange has lived a conflicted life. Ever since she was a young girl, she has known inside of her that she is someone who shouldn't exist...
22.6K 764 10
Three girls. Three boys. Six hearts all falling for each other... Fairlight is the oldest of her sisters. She's protective and not with out reason! F...
4.6K 91 4
Y/n and her friends and Boyfriend are in their sixth year at Hogwarts and everything is getting darker and what happens when Harry finds a book that...