⚡️ Chapter 10 ⚡️

Once in the shop, Harry whipped off the Invisibility Cloak, hid it in his bag, and joined in with Vega, Ron and Hermione when they insisted, in answer to Mrs. Weasley's accusations, that they had been in the back room all along, and that she could not have looked properly. It was hard to convince Mrs. Weasley until Vega was shuttled forward to lie for them.

"I don't like lying," Vega told the three of them crossly when Mrs. Weasley let them go. "Just because adults trust me doesn't mean I can take advantage of it,"

They were allowed to linger around the shop for a little while longer as Ginny was still deciding upon which Pygmy Puff she wanted, and Mr. Weasley was having a talk with his sons – clearly mentioning things he had found on his job, and the twins looked serious for once.

However, it also made sense for them to be serious about this issue, and it wasn't just that Voldemort and his goons were wreaking havoc – but also that their own shop would be criticised if any of those objects traced back to them.

The shop itself was just magnificent – Vega had known that the boys had been working very hard but clearly, they were working harder. It seemed like every single waking moment was spent experimenting or inventing new ideas or those from years ago. It was hard for her to imagine that all these products were creating within a year and half.

Vega felt like there couldn't be anything better she could've given her winnings to – and most of that feeling arose in Vega whenever she saw how much happier Fred looked. He had always been very carefree but he looked truly happy now.

It was only sad because it was in the middle of the Voldemort's return; certainly, this cheerful, bright shop filled with pranks and gleeful people... stood strikingly opposite to the darkness and the storm that was brewing outside now that Death Eaters roamed streets.

And if there was anything that Vega wanted, it was to keep Fred smiling – because if he was happy, then she was happy... and to keep him happy, she will have to make sure that neither him nor any one close to him was hurt.

But things were so rarely in her favour, or in her hands.
And that frustrated Vega.

Fred and George were still helping out their customers, and Vega took the time to look around the Defence Objects, looking at everything carefully and considering what she would like to have. She still had plenty of money to spend right now.

"What do you say?" Fred asked, and Vega turned around to see him smiling widely as he approached her. "Does it look nice? Your opinion matters the most to me,"

"It's absolutely perfect," Vega told him truthfully, giving him a smile back. "I couldn't have imagined it to be any better – I love it, and I can't wait to visit it again and again,"

"Thank you, love," Fred replied, reaching down to give her a kiss which she eagerly responded to. "It's a lot of work but July and August are the busiest,"

"I can understand," Vega said, and he smiled at her.

Vega took the quiet movement and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, setting her head against his shoulder as she hugged him. She closed her eyes, wanting to just be like that and she felt better as Fred wrapped his own arms around her shoulders, holding her against him – it was just what she wanted, and she wanted plenty of it.

"Is everything alright, love?" Fred asked quietly, running his fingers through her hair. "Did someone bother you? I'll teach them a lesson – just tell me their name,"

"It's nothing like that," Vega replied, letting out a chuckle. "I just miss you a lot – I know we met a while ago, and all... but I just miss you, I don't know,"