Reflect || Toge Inumaki x Oc...

By wxttmxk

Sometimes feelings are reflected. Although Kaori (you) had joined the Tokyo sorcery school later than her pee... More

➤ Introduction•
PART ONE || "JUST FRIENDS"
Chapter 1: A Number
Chapter 2: Imbued
Chapter 3: Missions Together
Chapter 4: Late
Chapter 6: Pressure
Chapter 7: Alleyway
Chapter 8: Zinnias and a Parade
Chapter 9: Day of
Chapter 10: Caffeine and Jokes
PART TWO || "MORE"
Chapter 11: Graveyard
Chapter 12: Back on Campus
Chapter 13: Tossed Around
Chapter 14: A Usefull Souvenir
Chapter 15: Sore Throat
Chapter 16: Café Plans
Chapter 17: Shared Umbrella
PART THREE || "DATING"
Chapter 18: So Far
Chapter 19: Notebook
Chapter 20: Hoodie
Chapter 21: Pets
Chapter 22: Salon
Chapter 23: Weight You Carry
Chapter 24: I Can't Say - Part One
Chapter 25: I Can't Say - Part Two
Chapter 26: What He Did

Chapter 5: You're it

317 13 0
By wxttmxk

ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘𐡏 ♡

The group of three, Kaori, Panda, and Inumaki, walked along the Tokyo Jujutsu High building as they headed towards the training field. Gojo had instructed the three to train amongst themselves, no rules or regulations to follow. Typically, non-instructed training meant sparring with each other, but wouldn't everyone already be tired of that?

Once they stepped onto the pavement at the foot of the staircase, Kaori slung her weapons case off of her back and set it at the roots of a nearby tree. "Why don't we play tag?" she asked, taking a hair tie off of her wrist as she looped her hair into a ponytail.

"Tag? Isn't that a kids game?" Panda asked, stepping around Inumaki who stared at Kaori as he wondered what her reasoning for that suggestion was.

The girl sighed and laughed to herself as she shook her head. "Yes, but it can still be training if you think about it. It involves running, we train for that, and it can improve our agility because we have to dodge the one who's it, right?" She dragged out her last word, putting more hopeful consideration into her idea.

Inumaki looked at the ground as he considered, looking up with a nod as he removed one of his hands from his pockets to show her a thumbs up, "salmon," he agreed.

Kaori grinned and looked towards Panda for his approval.

The corpse rubbed his chin with a paw as he crossed his other arm around his chest. He hummed as he came to a decision. "I'm in, good job making things fun, newbie." The panda ginned as he mirrored Inumaki with a thumbs up.

The 'newbie' threw a fist in the air, a victory over her classmates well earned. She cheered as she jogged to the center of the field, spinning around as she declared, "I will be it since I came up with the game!"

"Catch us if you can!" Panda yelled, laughing menacingly as he sprinted to the far eastern end of the grass.

Kaori dashed after him, laughing as well. Inumaki walked calmly to the western end, watching Panda dodging the girls attempts to tag him. But before long, the corpse failed in his attempts and was tagged by the girl, who sprinted away with another laugh as she yelled, "no tag backs!"

Panda moaned in defeat and headed towards Inumaki who started to be frightened by the look in the corpse's eyes. He shivered as he planted his feet, ready to sprint in either direction. The Panda hurled at him, arms spread wide as he trapped the boy in his furry grasp. Inumaki was fast, but he was stunned by this new side of Panda, rendering him paralyzed.

Before Panda had time to stand up from the ground and run away, Inumaki patted him on the shoulder as he sprinted away. "Tuna tuna!"

"HEY YOU CAN'T-" Panda shouted, as he stood up, dumbfounded.

The girl among the three laughed as she ran away from Panda towards Inumaki, shouting from over her shoulder, "you didn't say no tag backs!"

Trying not to snap, Panda gathered himself up and sprinted towards Kaori full speed. The girl ran with her head high, hoping she could evade his increasing speed and angered temper. Without even sensing him behind her, Panda's paw slapped Kaori on the shoulder, startling her as she gasped. "No tag backs!" Panda yelling, grinning at his accomplishment.

The girl merely scoffed as she kept running, aiming her outstretched hand for Inumaki who still ran in front of her. His eyes met hers as he glanced over his shoulder, the purple hues in his eyes showing signs of fear. The girls intense spirit and lust for winning had startled Inumaki, making him drop speed as she poked a finger just above the small of his back. 

"Your it!"

ʚ♡⃛ɞ

After a while of playing, everyone had lost half of their stamina or more. Kaori panted as she pursued behind Inumaki who was gaining speed and getting away, but rather it was her who was loosing speed. Stamina never was her strong suit, and she would always loose her breath before her peers.

Inumaki kept running, slowing down slightly to give her more of a chance out of his own kind heart. He peered over his shoulder and grinned at her still-determined face. Once he turned his head forward however, Kaori used the last of her energy to leap toward and spread out both of her arms, encasing Inumaki's body in her grasp as he folded under her weight which now laid across his back. The two doubled over on the ground as Kaori quickly rolled off of his back, tossing her arms onto the grass by her head as she claimed her victory. "I win!" she cheered, laughing slightly as she caught her breath.

Inumaki rolled onto his back and sat up, reaching towards his face as Panda jogged over to his exhausted classmates. "I think we can call it a day now, the sun is setting already," he informed, placing his paws on his knees as he panted as well.

Kaori sat up slowly as she nodded, looking over at Inumaki when she heard him cough.

The boy held a hand to his nose, his knuckles as red as his cheeks and an even darker shade of red streaming out from between his slim fingers.

"I-Inumaki!" Kaori yelped, bringing herself to her hands and knees as she leaned forward to eye his bleeding nose. "Your nose! Did I hit you?! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that!"

Inumaki coughed again and more blood spurted out from his nose, dripping onto his green collar as he shook his head. "Bonito flakes," he reassured her.

Panda sniffed the air as he stood upright, pointing a claw to the school building. "You should go get that checked out," he said blankly.

Kaori nodded, bringing her arm underneath of Inumaki's as she supported him in standing up. "I'll take you to the nurse!"

The blonde shook his head quickly, knowing well that he wasn't hurt and was only bleeding from the embarrassment of Kaori basically hugging him. He couldn't explain to her that he was fine, so all he thought of was to shake his head in disapproval.

The girl lifted the boy to his feet, no matter how he felt about it. "I really should take you though!"

Panda nodded and patted Inumaki's head as they turned towards the stairs, "go on."

Inumaki coughed again as Kaori led him up the staircase, his hand still cupped protectively around his nose. He could tell that they weren't heading in the direction of Ieiri, but the blood threatening to invade his mouth kept him from arguing.

Kaori wasn't familiar enough with the schools layout, but she knew how to handle nosebleeds since she got them often as a kid. Heading towards the direction of the first year's dorms, she shuffled through her pocket to find her key as they entered the main building.

Once at the door, Kaori turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door. Inumaki slid his arm off of her shoulder as she walked inside and kneeled down next to her bed to get some clean towels out for his nose. When she stood up again, she instructed him to sit on the couch as she followed behind him.

In the middle of her room was a small black couch that could fit barely three people. The coffee table in front of it held the extra towels she had pulled out as she faced the boy to stop the bleeding. Her hand instantly reached out to pull away his collar, but she stopped herself before she did.

Inumaki looked at her cautiously, slowly pulling the fabric down and removing his hand from the blood. Kaori felt nauseous from the sight, but placed the towel over his nose anyway. They stayed like that for a few seconds before the male lifted his hand to the towel.

"T-tuna mayo."

"You want to hold it?" she asked, pulling her hand away a bit.

"Salmon," he replied, placing his hand next to hers so she could let go.

When she took her hand off, she pressed her elbows onto her knees and her head into the palms of her hands. Inumaki cupped the towel around his nose as he looked at his friend's troubled face. "Tuna?"

She turned her head along with her hands, sighing as she spoke. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry."

The blonde perked his head up, eyes widening because of how she thought it was her fault. Though it was, she didn't mean to do it. "Bonito flakes!" he protested, waving his free hand to show that it was okay.

"How else would you have gotten a nose bleed if it weren't my fault?" she asked, taking a second towel off of the table as she fidgeted with its edges.

Inumaki instantly reached for his phone, opening up his messages and texting the girl.

Ding!

Kaori glanced back at him, her chin never leaving her palm as she retrieved her own phone.

One new message

Toge Inumaki
My nose bleeds all the time, please don't blame yourself, it's just the dry air :(

She glanced up as she sat straight, meeting his eyes. "Really?"

He nodded.

A sigh left her lips as she spoke again, "thanks for the reassurance, Inumaki."

A smile played on his face from under the towel as he lifted his free hand to show her a thumbs up. "Salmon!" his muffled voice chirped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
282K 11.5K 14
⤷ ❘ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 [name] can communicate with her soulmate through her mind. "why is there another voice in my head?" akaashi kei...
312K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
139K 3.9K 11
A story in which a tired sports prodigy relunctantly becomes the manager for Aoba Johsai's Volleyball Club. Plot credits to the amazing @CREAMYS0DA- ...