This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

9.3K 406 45
By kissmyredlips

It lasted more than ten seconds. He didn't break the hug, so I savored every moment. It silenced the demons in my head, too.

When he sighed, alam ko na umaabuso na ako. I quickly stepped back and wiped my tears away.

"Thank you," I murmured.

"Can you still drive?" tanong niya. Napaangat ang tingin ko sa kanya. He seemed casual now. Hindi ko alam kung mas gusto ko na galit siya o yung ganitong kalmado lang.

"I can. I feel better now." I nodded.

I wondered what he would do if I said no.

"Go home then. It's late," sabi niya at tumingin sa kanyang relos.

I felt a little blue. I wanted to be with him longer but I shouldn't be greedy. This was already good enough for me.

"I will. Goodnight," I quietly said and turned my back.

Every step was heavy as I reached my car. He remained standing there, watching me as I started my car and drove off.

Seeing Hades helped. It cleared my head and put me back on track. My way to him.

I planned to ignore the issue like always. It would die down in a matter of day and the scavengers would swoop down to the next issue.

As for Asia, I owed her a proper apology with an explanation. Once I had settled everything else, I would definitely fo that.

With Zeus Ziegler, I didn't want to see him again but he needed to be put in his place. He would be part of my main agenda tomorrow.

And... Hades, tomorrow was the start of me actively pursuing him. I was already almost two weeks delayed because of Asia, but it was still decent time before the next pieces in my board to fall into place.

I was already in a light mood when I went to bed but all of my senses went haywire when I saw a notification on my screen.

A text message. From Hadeon. When was the last time he sent me a message? I couldn't remember the exact date anymore. It had been too long.

And he still had my number.

I took a deep breath and pressed my hand on my chest to calm my heart down before I opened it.

Hades:
Are you home?

I bit my lip. He wanted to know if I was home, because he cared. It watered the hope that was in my heart. I could feel it growing into a tiny seedling.

Kaia:
Yes. You?

It was too late to realize that it was a stupid question. He was already outside their estate. Of course, he was already home.

I didn't leave the app, so I saw him typing but then it disappeared and he never sent the message.

I frowned.

Kaia:
You didn't go home yet? Saan ka pumunta?

I bit down on my finger as I waited for his reply. I doubted that I could sleep without his reply. Matagal-tagal bago siya sumagot. It had been freaking fifteen minutes.

Hades:
Nasa bahay na.

Kaia:
Kakauwi mo lang? Did you go somewhere else?

Hades:
Matulog ka na.

I pouted. So cold. But at least he replied.

Kaia:
Fine. Goodnight.

I slammed my phone down my bed with a heavy frown, pero hindi rin nagtagal ay napalitan 'yon ng ngiti.

Progress.

🍷🍷🍷

After a normal breakfast with my mother, who was thankfully in a normal state despite yesterday's breakdown, I went straight to the network for a meeting about the season two of When Our Stars Crossed.

It was a lovely morning, despite how everyone around me stared blatantly like I've grown two heads, tiptoed around me, and looked uncomfortable.

I was such in a good mood because of last night that I completely forgot the reason why they were acting like I was an anomaly. It was because of my issue with Asia and how the whole internet had their pitchforks pointing in my direction. Yet here I was, unbothered and a ball of sunshine.

"Kaia!" a chirpy voice came from somewhere in the hallway.

Una kong nakita si Darcy, then the rest of my team, including Emma. I couldn't stop myself from grinning.

Darcy, Jai, and Lane squealed and gave me a hug. I was happy to see them after a long time. Madalas ko silang nakakasama dati, so it was easy to build a bond with them.

"Emma," I greeted when she was the only one standing idly. Siya lang yung hindi yumakap sa akin dahil alam kong nahihiya siya. She was always like that. Timid and shy.

"I want you to do something for me," I casually said.

Emma nodded. "Ano yun?"

🍷🍷🍷

I was smiling the whole time I watched the video clip that Emma captured from Hadeon's office.

I asked her to personally deliver a large bouquet of flowers to Hades and record his reaction.

He looked so confused and surprised. There was a small part of me that expected that he would reject the flowers, but it pleased me so much when he accepted it. He was either caught off guard to even think of rejecting it or it meant that I hadn't completely lost him. That there was still a chance. I clung to that hope.

It had been four hours and I had been anticipating a text from him to ask me about the flowers but he never did.

Peering through the window of the car, I could see that we were still minutes away from my destination.

I decided to take the matters into mu own hand and brought out my phone.

Kaia:
Did you like the flowers?

I wasn't sure if he was going to entertain me with a response but I still waited.

It was just a few minutes later when he did. I instantly perked up from my seat.

Hades:
No.

I made a face. Instead of getting hurt, I was more amused.

Kaia:
Why? May iba ka bang gusto?

I haughtily smiled to myself when I thought of a follow up remark.

Kaia:
Bukod sa akin?

The notification told me that he had seen the message. He didn't reply. I pouted.

Kaia:
I miss you. What are you doing?

Once again, he left it on read.

I sighed.

Kaia:
I'm on my way to my father's office right now.

He replied quickly.

Hades:
Why?

It was only a single word but I knew he was worried.

Kaia:
My mom filed for an annulment but he doesn't want to sign. I'm going to make him sign the papers.

It took him a few minutes before he responded again.

Hades:
Who is he going to ask you to marry this time?

I winced at his response. I deserved that.

Kaia:
This isn't like last time.

I'm not the same Kaia who left you years ago.

Several minutes passed since I sent it but he never replied back. It left a painful knot in the middle of my chest. The type that only tangled more when you try to remove it. The harder you pulled, the painful it would feel and the deeper it would get. Getting rid of it was impossible and the only way was to live with that cursed knot, no matter how uncomfortable or painful it was.

Upon arriving the parking lot of my father's office, I buried my thoughts at the back of my head and set aside any feelings. It was time for my game face on.

His assistant stood up from her table as soon as she saw me.

"Is he inside?"

"Yes, Ms. Kai. But—"

Hindi ko na siya pinatapos sa sasabihin at dere-deretsong pumasok ng office ni Zeus Ziegler.

The devil was sitting on his black leather chair. It reminded me of a throne... in hell.

His eyes were already on the door. I could already see the annoyance on his face. I was not sure if it was because he disliked unwanted visitors general or it was just me.

His annoyance was replaced with a cruel smirk. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

He didn't intimidate me a bit. I fearlessly walked until I reached a few
meters away from his desk. He remained on his seat. I threw the folder on his table. His eyes followed the object.

"These papers," I arrogantly answered. "Sign it."

"What made you think you can ask me to do this?"

I laughed and smiled. "Oh. I wasn't asking."

"You know why you're gonna sign?" I took a step forward. "Because you don't want the public's perception of you to change."

I saw how his face shifted into something dark and unreadable. That urged me to go on.

"How do you think everyone will react once everyone finds out what kind of monster you are behind closed doors? What do you think will happen to you?" I leaned my head to the right and flashed him an innocent look.

"You think you have that kind of power? I'm the authority." He gritted the words through his teeth.

"You may have the power now, but you know what I learned over the years, father? You only get the power that people allow you to have. And you know who has the influence on those people?" I placed my hands on his desk, leaned closer and evilly smirked. "Me."

I saw how the fire lit up in my father's eyes. It was so fulfilling to see him react this way. I was smug as I stood up and crossed my arms.

"I suppose I don't have to spell out what's gonna happen when you don't sign, right?"

He stared at me for a long time before rigidly picking up a pen and opening the folder.

I inwardly rejoiced but remained indifferent outside. He didn't hide his anger when he closed the folder and slid it forward.

I sweetly smiled and picked it up. Hindi ako nagpaalam at tumalikod. I already had the door open when I remembered what he told my years ago.

"And by the way," I looked back. He was still watching me from his seat. "Love didn't make me weak. It made me realize that you are."

I didn't wait for his response or reaction. I left his office and victoriously went out of that hell hole.

My heart was racing with a late rush of adrenaline. I felt so happy. It was fucking liberating to finally stand up to him that way and have the last words.

As soon I reached the car, I searched my bag for my phone to spread the good news to my mother, Dharma, and Giovann.

Natigil lang ang plano ko nang makita  na sumagot na pala si Hades sa message ko.

Hades:
You're right. You're not.

I figured it was meant to be a mean remark but after what I did just now, it made me smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 158K 53
WARNING (!) THIS STORY CONTAINS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND LOOPHOLES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST. YOU ARE BEING WARNED.
1.3K 57 12
Isaiah Jared Salazar is a total Playboy, bawat lakaran nya ay handang luhuran ng kababaihang humahanga sa kanya at isa na doon Si Jaila, she's willin...
7.4K 1.2K 17
Tuwing Biyernes ay may nakukuhang sulat si Anna sa labas ng kanilang bahay mula sa isang taong nagngangalang Rafael. But in her seventeen years of ex...
2.4K 130 58
BOOK 1 I never knew loving you is the best thing I could ever do. I hope, I will be able to find my way back to your heart.