New Love

By Cole_Hazel

We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When... More

Chapter 1: Emily
Chapter 2: Jay
Chapter 3: Emily
Chapter 4: Emily
Chapter 5: Jay
Chapter 6: Emily
Chapter 7: Emily
Chapter 8: Jay
Chapter 9: Emily
Chapter 10: Jay
Chapter 11: Emily
Chapter 12: Jay
Chapter 13: Emily
Chapter 14: Emily
Chapter 16: Emily
Chapter 17: Jay
Chapter 18: Emily
Chapter 19: Jay
Chapter 20: Emily
Chapter 21: Jay
Chapter 22: Emily
Chapter 23: Jay
Chapter 24: Emily
Chapter 25: Jay
Chapter 26: Emily
Chapter 27: Emily
Chapter 28: Jay
Chapter 29: Emily
Chapter 30: Emily
Chapter 31: Emily
Chapter 32: Emily
Chapter 33: Jay
Chapter 34: Emily
Chapter 35: Jay
Chapter 36: Jay
Chapter 37: Emily
Chapter 38: Jay
Chapter 39: Emily
Chapter 40: Emily
Chapter 41: Emily
Chapter 42: Jay
Chapter 43: Emily
Chapter 44: Jay
Chapter 45: Emily
Chapter 46: Emily
Chapter 47: Emily
Chapter 48: Jay
Chapter 49: Emily
Chapter 50:Jay
Playlist

Chapter 15: Emily

203 7 0
By Cole_Hazel

After another round of drinks, we left the Sunsphere and headed back to my apartment. Being with him was easy. He was funny, charming, and fun to talk to. I could have stayed up there on top of the world with him for hours, just talking and occasionally stealing kisses. But the real world called, several times and we had to descend from our world.

As we neared my complex he stopped and pulled me into his arms, resting his forehead against mine.

"Just don't give up on me," he said.

I shook my head. I knew I couldn't. Not now. Not after today.

"I won't," I whispered. He pressed his lips lightly against mine. I felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He sighed and pulled it out, stepping away from me.

"See what I'm dealing with?" He turned his phone around so I could see the screen. He had six missed calls and fifteen text messages. "All from her." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "I'm sorry. I have to go deal with this."

I nodded in understanding, not wanting my time to end with him, but understanding a little better now what he had to do.

He stroked my cheek and kissed me one more time. "To be continued." He smiled at me, then left me standing alone on the sidewalk as he headed into the complex. It hurt knowing he was going to my apartment to be with another girl. I wanted him all to myself, but knew that wasn't going to happen. I had accepted him in the Sunsphere and I wasn't sorry about it. At this moment, I knew I would take any part I could get.

I was startled by the ringing on my own phone. I pulled it out of my purse as I headed into the complex.

"Hey, Erin," I greeted my best friend. I had forgotten we had said we would talk today, but I was grateful to hear her voice.

"Hey, hooker. How's Rocky Top?"

I heard the yelling from outside the apartment door. I braced myself before slowly opening it and sneaking in. Jay and Lucy were in the living room, screaming at each other. Lucy was red in the face and Jay kept running his fingers through his hair.

"Whoa, everything okay over there?" Erin's concerned voice came over the line.

"Yeah, just a second." I cut through the kitchen making my way to my room. Jay made eye contact with me and shook his head in exasperation. I grimaced at him, made my way to my room and closed the door.

"Sorry." I collapsed on my bed. "My roommate is yelling at her... well... at someone."

"She seems pissed? Is he cheating on her?"

I'm not surprised Erin asked this since this is what Lucy was screaming over and over again as I made my way in.

"Well, funny you should ask." I knew I could tell Erin anything and she wouldn't judge me. We have been friends since grade school and told each other everything.

"What does that mean?" Erin asked.

"Um, that I'm the one he's been seeing behind her back."

"EM! Are you kidding me?"

"It's complicated." I sighed.

"Should I be worried?"

"No. I'm okay." I promised. Then launched into the whole story. I left out some of the personal things Jay had told me but told her about their not relationship and how things had progressed between Jay and me. When I was done, she was silent for some time.

I noticed in her silence that the yelling from the living room had stopped as well. I wondered if he had left or if he was in her room with her. A pang of jealousy shot through me at that thought.

"What are you going to do?" Erin finally asked.

"Sleep with one eye open." I joked.

"Maybe you should stop seeing him. I don't want to lose my best friend because some jealous bitch decided to off you."

"That's not an option at this point." I told her. "I'm too far gone for him."

"It's only been a week, Em. I feel like it's not too soon to cut your losses."

"It's been a hell of a week. And I can't explain it. He's taken over my mind, body, and heart."

Erin sighed. "He must be pretty spectacular if you're willing to put up with all that shit. Is he really that good in bed?"

I giggled. "Pretty spectacular actually."

"Well, just don't get yourself offed before I can come down and see you."

"And when is that going to be?" I missed my best friend so much and wished every day that she was closer.

"Soon, I hope. I think I need a break from Cali as much as I love it."

It was my turn to be concerned. "Is everything okay?"

"Yea, I mean, nothing like what you are dealing with."

Her nonchalantness had me on edge. I knew her as well as she knew me and knew that comment meant there was something up.

"Erin," I scolded. "I just laid all my dirty laundry out for you. What's going on with you?"

She laughed. "Nothing. I've met someone and they are different from my usual type."

"Different how?" I knew her usual type. Tall, skinny, long hair, played in a band, bad boy type. I couldn't imagine Erin with any other type. I tried to picture her with a straight laced guy in a polo and a blazer. Or maybe a nerd with suspenders and a pocket protector. I had to stifle a giggle.

"I'm not ready to talk about it yet," she said. "I promise nothing is wrong and there's no ex-girlfriend threatening me. I want to see how this plays out before I tell you."

"Okaaay..." I hesitated. I was nothing but curious what kind of guy she could be with.

"How's your mom?" she changed the subject and detecting she wasn't going to tell me anything more, I rolled with it. We talked for another thirty minutes before she had to get ready for her work study.

Once we hung up the phone, I grabbed my laptop and a blanket and headed to the living room. I needed to work on my paper, but I was also curious to know if Jay was still around.

I covered my legs with the blanket and pulled up a word doc. I was determined to make up a toddler and fudge the hell out of this paper. I was a page in when I heard a door open down the hall. I heard him sigh as he rounded the corner. He paused by the kitchen counter and looked over at me. I closed my laptop.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I felt my stomach roll knowing he had been in her room. While I was glad he was still here, I didn't want to think about what they had been doing. Even though he promised me he wasn't having sex with her. He made his way over to the couch and sat down beside me. He leaned his head back with a sigh. He reached over and took my hand in his.

"I finally got her to calm down. She hasn't been taking her meds properly, so I convinced her to take them and go to sleep." He explained. He stroked my hand with his thumb, then brought it to his mouth and kissed it. "I should probably go before she wakes up."

I sat my laptop down on the table. "Or you could stay." I didn't want him to leave. I knew I was being selfish, but I wanted to spend more time with him.

I realized I was biting my bottom lip when he pressed his thumb against it. "Emmy," he rasped. "I can't promise to keep my hands off you if I stay."

"We could watch Dr. Who." I suggested. He had said he hadn't seen the latest season. I was desperate to make him stay. "We can make a drinking game out of it. We can be just two friends enjoying a show together."

He beamed. "So everytime he says 'I'm the doctor,' we have to drink."

I smiled back at him. "Everytime the Tardis swooshes. We have to drink."

"I think we are going to need a drink in order to make this work." I threw the blanket off me and headed to the kitchen. Pulling out two beers and a bottle of Vodka for good measure. I made my way back to him, enjoying the way he was watching me. I sat and handed him a beer.

"Deal, but we have to start at the beginning with Eccelston." He reached for the remote laying on the table.

"I thought we were starting with Jodi?"

"Nope." He flipped through the TV until he got to Amazon Prime. "We start with the best doctor."

"Okay." I shrugged and sat back. "You can have your one season of Eccelston. Then I get three of Tenant."

"Is it too late to change my mind?"

"Yup." I took the remote from him and hit play.

Five episodes in and several beers later, I was tipsy. I giggled and laid my head on his shoulder. He smelled so good. I wanted to engulf myself in him.

"I'm a little drunk." I announced. He kissed my temple and stood.

"We need snacks." He walked into the kitchen and started opening cabinets. I couldn't take my eyes off him. His shirt stretched across his back as he raised his arms over his head to pull down a bag of pretzels. I thought about digging my nails into him as he pushed inside me. I bit the top of my beer bottle as he turned around and smiled at me, shaking the bag of pretzels with a triumphant look on his face.

The front door opened then and Mia came in followed by Scott and much to my dismay, Abe.

I tore my gaze away from Jay and pulled my blanket back over my legs. Abe smiled brightly at me and beelined to the couch, taking the spot beside me.

"Hey, baby girl. It's good to see you." He put his arm around my shoulders and leaned in close.

"Um...hi..." I removed his arm, glancing quickly at Jay as he made his way toward me. He took the seat on the other side and offered me some pretzels. He was scowling at Abe. I gratefully took a handful and popped one in my mouth.

"What's going on here?" Mia motioned between me and Jay as she and Scott sat on the loveseat.

"Doctor Who Drinking game," I told her. She raised her eyebrows and looked at me suspiciously. I was beginning to realize I wasn't pulling any wool over Mia's eyes. "I think I won." I giggled.

"Only because you're a lightweight." Jay bumped my shoulders.

"She tends to get frisky when she's been drinking." Abe placed his hand on my leg. Luckily the blanket was between his hand and my skin. Jay cleared his throat

"Let's call that a lack of judgment." I didn't dare look over at Jay. Instead I moved Abe's hand and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You seem to be having a lot of that lately," Mia retorted. "So, Jay, where's Lucy?"

"Asleep." He didn't even look at her.

"Can we watch something besides Doctor Who?" Scott asked.

"Oh, can we watch Wanda Vision?" Mia asked. "I've been meaning to watch that one."

"She's the Scarlet Witch." Abe blurts out.

"Spoilers," Jay and I say at the same time. We looked over at each other then burst out laughing.

"How about you guys get it started while Emily and I get snacks."

"I have snacks." I held up the bag of pretzels.

"Different snacks." Mia hisses and trots into the kitchen. I sigh and reluctantly follow her, having to step over Abe to get there.

Once in the kitchen, Mia whirls on me.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" I frown at her.

"You know exactly what I mean." Mia hissed. "You are playing with fire." She threw open a cabinet and chucked a bag of popcorn into the microwave.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I continued to play dumb. "I'm just hanging out with a friend."

"It sure as hells looks like a lot more than 'hanging out.' He's a bad idea, Em. I just don't want to see you hurt."

"We had a talk today and I believed what he told me. He doesn't want to be with Lucy." I grabbed a large bowl down for the popcorn and handed it to her.

"So what are you two planning to do? Sneak around behind her back?"

I shrugged. "I don't know." I didn't like the idea of doing that but it looked like exactly what we were doing.

Mia shook her head, opening the microwave to retrieve the popcorn. "Whatever. It's your funeral."

I grabbed her arm. "Just please don't say anything." I begged. "Even to Scott."

"I won't. Just don't be stupid." She dumped the popcorn into the bowl then headed back to the living room where the boys had started the show. Someone had turned out the lights, so I could only make out the room by the glow of the television.

I grabbed myself and Jay another beer then returned to my place between him and Abe. He took the beer and gave me a questioning look. I know he was worried about what Mia might say too. She has proven to be a wild card so far. I shook my head and took a sip of my beer, throwing my blanket back over my legs.

I tried to keep my eyes on the TV and off Jay. But I failed. Halfway through the first episode, I looked over at him, only to catch him staring back at me. He smirked and reached over as if to grab a pretzel. Instead of reaching inside the bag, he slid his hand under the blanket and lid it up my inner thigh. I squirmed and tried not to react as warmth bloomed inside me. As Jay's hand slid up, I felt another hand on the other side that had me running cold. I looked over at Abe who was beaming at me. I shook my head and pushed his hand off.

Abe leaned in closer to me. "Playing hard to get now?"

"No. Just not going to get it." I hissed back at him.

Jay's hand continued to explore on the other side, sliding my dress all the way up. When his hand grazed across my core, I had to bite my tongue to keep from gasping.

"You're not wearing any underwear." He leaned over and whispered.

"I didn't want to risk you ripping another pair." A smile broke across his face and he pumped his eyebrows at me. He adjusted himself on the couch so he was closer to me, his finger teasing me. I bit my lip. I felt another hand on the other leg once again. I slapped Abe's hand and scowled over at him, hoping he would get the message.

"I'm about to rip his hand off," Jay growled in my ear. His jealousy made me even hotter for him.

"Come on, babygirl." Abe tossed his arm over my shoulder and scooted closer. He practically had his lips on my ear. "You know you want round two."

"That's it!" I exclaimed. I pushed him off me and turned to face him. "Let me make something very clear. Whatever happened between you and me was a one time thing. It's never going to happen again. And if you touch my leg one more time, I'm going to snap off your fingers."

Abe gaped at me. I heard Scott whistle from the loveseat and Mia snicker.

"Do I make myself clear?"

"Damn, ok." Abe held his hands up in the air and scooted to the corner of the couch as far from me as he could get. I huffed and turned back around. I made the mistake of looking over at Jay, who was biting his knuckles around a grin. I elbowed him and rolled my eyes.

After a few moments, Jay leaned closer to me. "Does that go for me too?" He whispered.

I smiled over at him and shook my head. He snaked his hand back under the blanket and stroked my leg.

After two episodes, I was ready to explode. Jay hadn't touched me anywhere but my upper thigh, but I was aching for him. I was so relieved when Mia stood and yawned. I reached for the remote, pausing the show.

"Think we will call it a night." Mia stretched. She reached out for Scott, who took her hand. The two of them disappeared into her bedroom.

I faked a yawn, hoping Abe would take the hint and leave. He was looking down at his phone and made no effort to move. I looked over at Jay and motioned my head toward Abe, hoping he would at least get my hint.

"Time to go, Abe." Jay stood and motioned Abe up. Abe looked up from his phone, looking from Jay to me.

"Sure you don't want me to stay, babygirl?" Abe leaned over and attempted to stroke my cheek. I swatted his hand away.

"What the fuck, Abe?" Jay bellowed before I could say anything. "She's already told you to leave her the fuck alone."

Jay's chest was heaving and his fists were clenched.

"Fine, okay." Abe stood. "What are you, her bodyguard or something?"

"I don't need a bodyguard." I stood from the couch. "Now, please leave Abe."

"You're not leaving, Greene?" Abe threw at Jay

"I'm going to check on Lucy before I leave."

Abe shot him a sneer, but headed for the door. I followed him, closing and locking the door as soon as he was out.

When I turned back around, Jay was right behind me. He pressed me to the door and rested his hands on my hips.

"I thought I was going to have to break his hands. All I felt when he was touching you was rage." His mouth was on me. Kissing my mouth, my neck. I whimpered and arched into him.

"Are you sure you can feel that way about me?" I thought of Lucy just down the hall.

"I sure as hell do." He cupped my ass, and pressed me closer to him. I could feel his erection press into me.

"Jay," I whimpered, my hands trolling down his chest. "This isn't a good idea."

"Pretty sure we've already been over this." He nipped my ear and kissed down my neck. I moaned, wrapping my arms around him.

"Bedroom." I succumbed. He lifted me up, his mouth locking with mine. My legs wrapped around him as he turned and headed to my bedroom.

Once inside he laid me down on the bed, made sure the door was closed and locked, then pulled his shirt over his head. I scooted back in the bed, rubbing my hands up his chest as he hovered over me.

"I want to make you come." He took a hold of the hem of my dress and pulled it over my head, leaving me naked beneath him. I unbuckled his belt and jeans and slid my hands into his boxers. I stroked him, loving the moan that escaped him.

"I want this inside me." I squeezed him. "I want you to fuck me."

"God, that's so fucking hot." He growled hungrily. I stroked him and he let out a moan.

"Shhh..." I giggled. "You have to be quiet."

"Shit, I can't help it." He kicked his jeans and boxers off and I took him back in my hand, guiding him towards me. I stroked his head against my clit. Both of us moaned this time.

"Condom?" I breathed.

He groaned, not with pleasure this time and laid his head on my chest.

"Don't tell me you don't have one?" I pleaded.

"I don't. I used my only one earlier." He pushed against me, and it took everything in me to not let him enter me. "Do you have one?" He raised up and looked into my eyes.

"Why would I have a condom?"

"I don't know. You did have sex with Abe in here."

"Wow, okay." I pushed him off me and sat up. "You should probably leave, anyway." I turned away from him and crossed my arms.

"Emmy, I'm sorry." He reached out for me, but I brushed him off. "I shouldn't have said that." He stroked my back.

"No, you shouldn't have." I glanced over my shoulder at him. He tilted his head and smiled at me.

"Don't make me leave." Damn him. "Come here." He pulled me into his lap and brushed my hair from my shoulders, placing feather light kisses along my collarbone. "We don't even have to have sex, just let me stay here with you and hold you. Like I wanted to do last night." I practically melted in his arms. He kissed up my neck and placed a tender kiss right behind my ear. That was it. I was gone. "What do you say?" He whispered.

I turned into him, and brought his lips to mine. I could still feel how much he wanted me. And it was just as much as I wanted him. But it meant something else that he was willing to stay with me and not have sex.

"I say, yes."

He laid me down on the bed, reaching down and pulling the comforter over us. I laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me, our naked bodies pressing together.

"I'll leave before sun up." he promised, lightly stroking up and down my spine.

"You shouldn't be here at all." I whispered. He placed his hand under my chin and tilted my face up so he could look at me.

"I'm exactly where I want to be."

I kissed his lips, then buried my head back into his chest. I wasn't sure how something that was so wrong could feel so right.

"Em, I feel like I haven't been myself for the past two years. I've been living a nightmare. One week with you and I feel like I have finally woken up."

"Funny, I feel like this is all a dream."

"It's not a dream. Trust me. This is very real," he said. "And I want to know every part of you. I want to touch and kiss every inch of you. I want to know everything about you, Emily Grace Williams."

"So do I, Jason James Greene." I looked up at him with hooded eyes. He kissed my eyelids one by one then kissed my lips.

"And I want to wake up next to you in the morning."

"Me too." I closed my eyes and sighed. We lay like that for some time, finally dozing off. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 671 55
The beginning chapters of this story have been revised and rewritten. #2 out of 2.1K stories in secretlove- Oct 12, 2023 #7 in secretlove - Feb 6, 2...
1.1K 83 30
Remi sensed a set of eyes on her. It was the first time she met Jahari, in her Sophomore year of high school. She falls for him, commits herself to h...
271K 5.1K 32
#1 in couple 08/20/23 #3 in college 07/12/23 #3 in college romance 07/06/23 #2 in spicy 07/24/23 Emily Caldwell was a normal girl, living with her be...
134K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...