chief -charlie swan-

By warmteeth

content warning: age gap ❝You're my daughter's best friend.❞ ❝I'm an adult, Charlie.❞ started: nove... More

two
three -edited-
four* -repub-
five -edited-

one

5.2K 129 2
By warmteeth

Brianna Wells, lived in Forks her entire life, grew up around Chief Swan due to her father also being a police officer. As she got older, she's grown... fond of Charlie. She noticed this when she would spend the summers at the Swan house up until a few years ago. But when she started high school, and driving, she realized she passes the police station every morning. So she had started stopping for coffees, same three every morning. One for her, her father, and of course, Charlie. Each morning the two had the same interaction. Except this morning, Bella Swan was coming back later in the afternoon. "Morning, Chief." Brianna says, handing him the coffee. He smiles, catching her arm before she leaves.

"I'm, uh, picking up Bells later today. Would you like to come with?" She grins, nodding. "I'd love to." Brianna and Bella have been in contact through email since Renee, Charlie's ex wife, moved and took Bella with her. Charlie nods, letting her go. "You headed to school?" He asks, taking a sip of the coffee. "I'd rather not, but yes." She's a year older, therefore a grade above Bella. She graduates this year. "Wanna do some paperwork instead? Would Bill mind?" He questions and she shrugs. "Would Bill mind what?" Her father asks as he walks over, taking the coffee from Brianna. He figured he'd find her with the Chief. "If Bri did paperwork here." Charlie says. "Instead of school? She's always complaining about school so I don't see why not."

Bill ruffles his daughters hair, laughing when she pouts. "Have fun." He walks away after kissing her head. "What do you want me to do?" She asks Charlie, standing nervously. "Well, have a seat, for one." He chuckles, finding her apprehension to sit beside him quite charming. He pulls a chair over, motioning to it. She sits, setting her coffee on his desk. As they work, he notices little things she does. Her right leg bounces when she focuses, her eyes dart back and forth between him and the papers as she tugs her bottom lip between her teeth. If she weren't so young he'd think she looks rather... breathtaking. He shakes his head. She's practically a daughter to him. He watched the girl grow up for God's sake.

Watched her grow into the woman she is. She pushes her hair behind her ear, focusing on the page, yet again, tugging her lip between her teeth. His watch beeps and he stands. "Ready to go get Bells?" "Let me tell my dad. Are we taking the cruiser?" She asks. He nods. "Of course." She laughs. "I'll meet you at the cruiser." He nods again, grabbing his jacket and walking out. After talking to her dad, Brianna walks out as well, shivering when the air hits her. Her jacket was thinner than she though. As soon as they're in the cruiser, Charlie notices the girl's shiver and blasts the heat. She smiles thankfully at him. They mostly talk about how school's going for her as they drive to the airport. "You're on track though?" "Yes, Chief, I'm on track to graduate."

She laughs. He smiles at the sound of it. At the airport, they both climb out, Charlie wrapping his jacket around the girl when she shivers again. "You're gonna catch cold." She scolds, taking it off. "I'm fine." He chuckles. "Charlie." Her voice is firm as she holds the jacket out to him. He smiles, they go back and forth for a minute before someone gasps. "Brianna?" Brianna turns around laughing when Charlie wraps the jacket around her again. "Isabella?" Brianna sarcastically questions. Bella grins. They share a quick hug before grabbing Bella's bags, shoving them in the trunk/backseat of the cruiser. The drive back from the airport is silent until Charlie says, "Your hair's longer." "Hm. I cut it since the last time I saw you." Bella says. "Guess it grew out again."

Brianna stifles a groan at how awkward their interactions are. She catches Charlie's eyes in the mirror and quickly looks away, trying to force down a blush. He almost chuckles, covering it with a cough. They pull up to the Swan house and Brianna pulls out her phone, texting her dad that they were back before helping Charlie grab Bella's bags. "Let me-" "You already gave me your jacket, let me help." She says dismissively. He smiles softly, shaking his head. "Fine." Once inside, he takes them from her. "I've got it from here." He says. She goes to protest when he sends her a look that makes butterflies swarm in her stomach. The only difference about these butterflies is they had switchblades for wings, tearing her up inside. Her best friend's dad.

She nods, letting the bags go. She walks to the kitchen, searching for something to eat. She wouldn't do this in just anybody's house. But it was her best friend's. She walks to the stairs again as he walks down. "Do you mind if I make dinner?" "Knock yourself out." He says, motioning her to the kitchen. She smiles, walking away. He sits at the table sipping a beer as she starts before he hears a honk outside. "Must be Billy." He groans as he stands. "Come on, little one, start after they leave." Her heart flutters and she can heard the 'click' of the switchblade wings. He sets his hand on the small of her back when she walks in front of him. Click. She swallows them, scratching up her throat. She smiles at Billy when they walk out. "Ah, Brianna."

"Afternoon, Billy, Jacob." She greets. Jacob smiles and nods toward her as Bella walks out. "Bella, you remember Billy Black." Charlie says, leaning against the truck. "Yeah. Wow, you're looking good." "I'm still dancing." Billy jokes. Brianna laughs. "I'm glad you're finally here. Charlie, here, hasn't shut up about since you told him you were coming." Charlie rolls his eyes. "All right, keep exaggerating. I'll roll you into the mud." "After I ram you in the ankles." Billy rolls toward him quickly. Bella and Jacob get to talk as Brianna watches Charlie and Billy mess around. "Now, now, boys, play nice." She taunts causing Charlie to roll his eyes playfully, he walks over, patting the truck as Brianna leans on it.

"So, what do you think?" He asks Bella, "Of what?" "Your homecoming present." Charlie states. "This?" "Just bought it off Billy here." He says, his eyes shifting to Brianna for a moment, he thought he was discreet about it but Billy catches him. "I totally rebuilt the engine for you." Jacob says. "Come on! Oh my God! This is perfect. Are you joking me?" She pulls the door open to hit Jacob with it. Brianna laughs, shaking her head as Charlie sets his hand on her back again, steering her away from the truck. "Told you she'd love it." Billy says. "I'm down with the kids." He continues. "Oh yeah, dude. You're the bomb." Charlie deadpans. Brianna laughs again, looking up at him. Billy smirks slightly.

The next morning, Brianna goes through her normal routine, getting the coffees and going to the police station. "Morning, Chief." She says, setting the coffee down. "Good morning, Brianna." He smiles at her. She falters slightly, not expecting him to use her full name. Click. "Be careful." He says as she grins, walking away. "Always am, Chief." She walks backward, smirking at him as she sends a sarcastic salute. He chuckles, shaking his head. She turns back around, her face red as she watches her feet, walking out. Charlie watches her, smiling when he notices how easy it is to fluster the girl. She quickly drives to the school, climbing out and walking in. She hasn't made any actual friends yet despite already being a senior. She sighs.

The day goes by slowly, when lunch rolls around, Bella finds Brianna at an empty table, her nose buried in a book, headphones plugged into her iPod. "Bri." Bella shakes her shoulder. Brianna jumps, pulling her headphones out. "Yeah?" "Come sit with me." She says. "Who're you sitting with?" Brianna asks. Bella points at the table with Eric, Mike, Jessica, and Angela. Brianna cringes. "I'm okay, thanks though." "Okay." Bella slowly walks away, sitting as the Cullens walk into the cafeteria. Brianna watches them, shoving her headphones back in. Linkin Park plays loudly as she looks down again. She glances up at the Cullens again, Alice smiling softly at her. Alice and Jasper were the only Cullens that talked to her. Jasper helped her in history and Alice...

Well, Alice is just nice to everyone. Lunch ends and Brianna quickly stands, gathering her things so she isn't slowed down by other students. At the end of the day, Bella grabs Brianna's arm. "Dad's taking me to the diner, come with?" Brianna grins, nodding. "Of course." At the diner, Brianna sits on Charlie's right, their arms brushing when they move. After ordering, Cora brings them their food. "I just can't get over how grownup you are." She says to Bella. "And so gorgeous." Waylon walks up, smiling at them. "Hey, Bella. Do you remember me?" He asks. Bella glances at Charlie then back to Waylon. "I played Santa one year." "Yeah, Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four."

Charlie scowls. "I bet I made an impression though, didn't I?" "You always do." He answers. "Buttcrack Santa." The girls giggle. "Hey, kids love those little bottles though." Waylon says. "All right, let the girl eat her garden burger, Waylon. As soon as you're done I will bring you your favorite. Berry cobbler, remember? Your dad still has it... Every Thursday." Cora smiles as Charlie rolls his eyes as Cora walks away. Brianna discreetly watches Charlie almost the whole time, her stomach filled with the switchblade butterflies every time he looks at her. Each time he looks at her and finds her already looking it makes his heart skip a beat. He scolds himself in his head. She's his daughter's best friend.

They finish their food and Brianna stands, smiling at the two after paying. "I gotta get home. I'll see you tomorrow, Chief." "Goodnight, Brianna." He smiles softly. Bella's brows furrow. "Tomorrow?" "I bring coffee to the station every morning, have since sophomore year." Brianna says sheepishly. Bella grins. "Good to know someone was taking care of him. Do you and your dad still come over every Saturday for dinner?" "Yep. I've learned to cook for the two since Charlie can't." Brianna nudges him with her elbow. He laughs, shaking his head. "Yeah, yeah, keep poking fun." He rolls his eyes. Brianna giggles, looking up at him. He smiles down at her as Bella watches them, her eyes narrowing.

"I'm gonna walk Bri to her car." Bella says, linking her arm through hers. They walk out after Brianna smiles at Charlie again. "Do you like my dad?" Bella asks as they walk to Brianna's car. "W-what?" Brianna quickly asks, her face going red. "No!" She says. "Are you sure? You know I won't be mad." Bella assures, smirking lightly. "Do you like him?" "I grew up around him, of course I like him." Brianna answers, trying to play it off like she didn't know what she was asking. Bella scowls, shaking her head. "We're gonna talk about this." She states, pointing at her. "Yes, ma'am." Brianna says, climbing into her car and smiling at Bella. "See you at school."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 556 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "ℭ𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔲𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫" ... 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦, 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪...
1.5M 33.1K 76
This story is complete and unedited ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that sho...
588K 13K 60
"My business is... because right before my family left... I promised Edward that I will look after you! My business is because I promised to look aft...
566K 23.4K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...