My Ruin

由 KayliaP

I tried touching him, but he stiffened from my touch. I stepped away from him and now my back was facing him... 更多

Prologue: Suit Guy
1. Stares
2. Lamonte King
3. First Date Part 1
4. Scared
5. First Date Part 2
6. Hawaii
7. First Time For Everything
8. What You Do To Me
9. I Want You
10. A Kiss
11. Falling for You
12. Unknown Number
13. Trey
14. Feelings
15. Raquel
16. Dinner
17. The Club
18. The One With the Picture
19. Graduation Day
20. Fuck Self-Control
21. The Event Part 1
22. The Event Part 2
23. Move On
24. Chef's Kiss
25. Two Tests, Four Lines
26. Rest Of My Life
27. Happy Birthday to Me
28. Consume Me
29. Official
30. Heartbeat
31. Brother
32. Hurting You
33. Clearing the Air
34. Again and Again
35. Office Affairs
36. The Truth
37. Closer
38. Mykonos
39. Yes! Yes! Yes!
40. Everything
41. Live With Me
42. That Bitch
43. You Crazy
44. Please Wake Up
45. Awake
46. Baby Shower Shenanigans
47. Baby Shower Shenanigans Part 2
48. Overdue
49. Birth
50. A New Life
51. Nell
52. Abducted
53. Shots Fired
54. Hurting
55. Constant
56. Steady
57. Too Good
58. Night Out
59. Family First
60. Family First Part 2
62. To Remember
Author's Note

61. Happy Wife, Happy Life

1.2K 32 3
由 KayliaP

ANA

"Oh shi—," I ran into the bathroom retching all in the toilet while holding my stomach.

I get up from the floor, brushing my teeth to get that foul taste from out of my mouth.

I open the cabinets to try to find some aspirin instead a pregnancy test box falls into the sink. I look at it for a moment my brain kicking into overdrive.

I haven't had my period in weeks.

I didn't even drink that much to have a hangover.

No it can't be. I take a deep breath closing my eyes for a minute. I put the pregnancy tests back in the cabinet.

I shrug it off. The last time I had a pregnancy scare, I wasn't even pregnant. It's no point in getting my hopes up about a baby that probably doesn't exist.

I jump back in Ashanti's bed spooning her while she stirs awake. "You ready for your big day, sweetie?"

She replies groggily, "Mmhmm."

"Can you get me some aspirin?," she asks.

"You don't have any, I just checked. I can run and go get some if you want."

She shakes her head indicating that she wants me to go.

I throw some of her sweats on and drove to the corner store down the street.

"Aspirin, aspirin, aspirin..." I sing to myself before stopping and seeing the pregnancy tests again.

You're not... you're not... you're not.

It wouldn't hurt to just take one or two. I grabbed a box of two pregnancy tests and grabbed the aspirin heading to the cashier.

"Hey, do you have a restroom I could use?"

The guy looks at me and says, "Yeah, down aisle 8 to your right."

I paid for my items and I headed for the bathroom. I ripped the box open peeing on both of the sticks before wrapping them in a paper towel and heading to my car.

I got in the car and drove back to the house. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, and flipping back the towel to reveal the pregnancy tests.

It was positive, both of them.

I smiled having the moment to myself before containing my excitement and sending a picture of the tests to Ajax.

He FaceTimed me almost immediately.

I answer, "Hey, baby daddy."

"Stop playing all your life, Ana. I'm not laughing. Are you actually pregnant?," he asked seriously.

It's probably my fault cause I'm always playing pranks on him.

"Yes, I swear it's not a joke. I'm having your baby," I say smiling tearing up a bit.

A big smile overtakes his face and I melt seeing him so happy. "You have no idea how happy that makes me. You know we are in this together and now you really stuck with me for life."

"We already been stuck like glue. I wasn't letting that dick go for nobody," I say jokingly.

"Oh so you just love me for my dick huh?"

"Yeah, actually," I smile at him.

He rolls his eyes, "Whatever you say. I love you, my baby mama."

"I love you too with your plotting ass."

"Hey now, we was on the same page. You the one that said let's have a baby and shit," he says shrugging.

"I gave you exactly what you wanted," he continues.

I roll my eyes at him this time, "Whatever you say. I gotta get back in there. I'll see you at the wedding."

"Hey, wait..." he says staring at me.

I look at him waiting for him to continue.

"Marry me," he stated firmly.

"Hmm... no," I say softly.

"Alright, Ana."

"Don't call me by my government. You mad at me?" I say pouting a bit.

"Nah, I'm not mad. It's just the fact you keep saying no to my proposal," he says shrugging.

"Cause you ain't serious. The last time you said I should marry you we were in bed together after we had sex," I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh so you did hear me? I thought you fell asleep."

"No, I heard you."

"So marry me then. I'll show you how ready I am to be your husband," he smirks at me.

"Ask me when you mean it. I'll see you at the wedding," I blow him a quick kiss and hang up.

Little does he know my answer was already yes before he even asked.

I put the pregnancy tests in the plastic bag, holding the aspirin in my hand and trashing the pregnancy tests before making my way back into the house.

This is my best friend's day and I want her mind to fully be on the man she loves. I'm going to tell her after her honeymoon even though she might be mad I didn't tell her sooner.

LAVIERE

I wake up to the sound of a door closing. I moan and groan because I hate waking up before my time.

And with a headache that just won't quit.

I knew I shouldn't have had that 5th margarita. I rub my eyes seeing Ana walk in.

"You look rough, boo. You need some aspirin?," she looks at me concerned.

"Yes, please," I whisper before clearing the congestion out of my throat. I sit up in the bed taking the 2 pills and chugging the bottle of water next to me.

"You gotta get up in like 10 minutes. We gotta start getting ready," Ana kisses my cheek before going up the stairs.

I wipe my eyes looking at my phone seeing a text from my ex TJ.

"What the fuck does this bitch want?," I mutter.

This nigga said: I love you and I wanna do whatever it takes to get you back.

I ignore the message and continue scrolling through my phone.

I shake my head, niggas always want you back when you moved on and you happy, healthy, and all that.

Ain't that some bullshit?

MARK

Good morning, princess. ~ Mark

Good morning, baby. Everything okay on your end? ~ Laviere

Yeah, I'm just missing you a bit. ~ Mark

Just a bit? Sends one attachment ~ Laviere

You naughty woman. I can't wait to see you spread out like that for me. ~ Mark

Can we sneak away before the wedding? ~ Laviere

I'm sure we could manage that. I love you, Laviere. ~Mark

I love you more, baby. ~ Laviere

I pull out the box with her engagement ring in it.

Lord god I hope she says yes.

I walk out to the couch and sit next to Lamonte.

Hopefully, he can accept me as his brother-in-law or even think of me as worthy enough for Laviere.

I know he might require some hardcore convincing but I was ready for that.

Ajax seems like the more chill brother.

AJAX

I go to wake up Mark and Lamonte to find that they are already up watching the TV in the living room.

"Why y'all motherfuckers ain't come wake me up?," I say running down the stairs.

"You looked like you was sleeping too good so we said we'd give you a few more minutes. Ti and Lucas have been in the bathroom for a lil minute now," Lamonte said looking back at me.

I dap him up sitting next to him, "Yeah, I heard... You ready for today?"

"I've never been more ready for anything in my life," he smiles running his hand over his head.

I nod my head turning to Mark, "You good lil bruh?"

"Yeah I'm copacetic," he replies.

"I know you white and all but just say you alright."

We all share a little laugh before we get interrupted by someone ringing my doorbell.

"Are y'all expecting anyone?"

They both shook their head saying no.

I grab my phone looking at the ring camera footage. There was no one there except a package perched on the welcome mat.

I play the footage back and the camera couldn't capture the person's face but it wasn't a delivery company. Someone in a black outfit wearing a hoodie. I get up grabbing my gun in the hallway drawer tucking it in the back of my pants. I open the door looking around before grabbing the package and opening it.

The box doesn't even have a return address. I look in the package seeing something I hadn't seen in a long time. "Lamonte come here for a second," I yell to him.

He comes around the corner looking at me, "What's up?"

I show him what's inside the package.

He grabs our dead sister's necklace, looking at it as if he's seen a ghost.

"Who the fuck sent this?"

"It's no address on it. Someone in a hoodie dropped it off at my doorstep," I show him the footage from my phone.

He zoomed in seeing a glimpse of something that made his whole demeanor change.

"It's Raquel," he says angrily.

Lamonte turns and punches the mirror, shattering the glass completely. He flips over the table, breaking the vases of flowers.

He snatches my phone and calls Peters, the police officer that handled the original arrest for Nell and Raquel.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell us that Raquel is out of prison?!," he screams.

"A fucking technicality?!"

"Let me say this. If that bitch comes anywhere near me or my family that bitch is as good as dead, you hear me? Matter of fact she already been to my brother's crib and dropped off a package so consider that bitch dead," he hangs up and immediately lets out a breath.

"What the fuck am I gonna tell Ashanti? We can't get married because that crazy bitch got out on a technicality? She hurt Ashanti and she hurt Charliese before she was even born. I can't breathe at the thought of them two not being in my life. Fuccckkkkk!," he screams dropping to his knees sobbing softly.

"Look, man don't worry. I will get my men to handle it and I will have them at the wedding as guards. Doubled with the security company you were using, there is no way she's getting in. She won't get in between this family again, I promise. You took care of me my whole life now it's my turn," I kneel beside him and hold his head.

"I'll kill her if I have to," I lean in to whisper.

"Is everything alright?," Mark walks in looking at the mess Lamonte made.

"Yeah, man. Go ahead and start getting ready to head out. Tell Ti and Lucas for me," I watch him as he turns away and I help Lamonte to his feet.

"Go get ready to marry the love of your life. I'll handle it," I say giving him a quick nudge.

I grab my phone and make a few calls.

SANTIAGO (TI)

"I love you," I say as he traps me between his chiseled body and the bathroom cabinet.

"I love you too, mon chou (my favorite one)."

I love hearing his sexy French accent first thing in the morning. It surely became my addiction.

He had his way with me in the shower and might I say, it was the best wake up call I could ask for. I didn't know how we would have worked in the beginning but now I can't imagine how we won't work.

Lucas awakened something in me in the best way possible.

With him close wasn't close enough.

"Let's have a baby," I say throwing my arms around his neck.

LUCAS

I hear the words echo from his mouth but I swear I didn't hear him correctly.

"What?"

"Let's have a baby," he says again.

I closed my eyes as a smile graced my face, "Does this mean that you agree to move to France with me?"

"How could I give you any other answer but yes?," he asks as he lets his thumb caress my cheek.

"Then how could I tell you any other answer than yes," I answer him as I plant pecks to his lips.

"So we're having a baby?," he mumbles against my lips.

"Mmhmm," I mumble back.

He exclaims excitedly hopping off the counter, "I'm so happy right now. Holding Charliese with you next to me yesterday just put everything into perspective for me and I'm done being scared of a future with you."

"I'm glad that you're happy, mon chou. I want nothing more than your happiness."

"Oh I love you," he jumps back into my arms and kisses me hungrily.

He pulls away, "Let's not say anything until they come back from their honeymoon though. I want them to bask in this wedding high before I tell them my news."

"I figured. We'll stay here an extra few weeks till they get back," I smile putting my lips back on his.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

"Hey, it's Mark. Ajax told me to tell you guys to start getting ready to head out."

LAMONTE

1 hour and a half hours later...

I look at my reflection in the mirror as I put on my wedding day outfit which consists of a perfectly tailored Armani suit, a Rolex watch, a Cuban link chain, Ralph Lauren dress shoes, and Tom Ford body oil.

I rummage through my bag, grabbing my gun, checking the clip, putting the safety on and tucking it in my pants.

I hear a knock at the door and I look through the peephole seeing Ajax at the door.

I let him in immediately looking at him expectantly.

He gave me a quick smile, "We got her."

He handed me a piece of paper with the warehouse address where he was holding her.

I smirk a bit thinking to myself at least I have an extra wedding present for Ashanti.

I can't wait to marry that woman.

I head out the door and on my way to wait at the altar.

ASHANTI

I'm pregnant...

I'm fucking pregnant.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I look down at the positive pregnancy test, discarding it in the bin and taking a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

I wasn't even trying to get pregnant again and I wanted to enjoy our little bubble a while longer. Maybe wait a couple of years until Charliese was in elementary school but I guess God had other plans.

I already know that Lamonte is going to be ecstatic, he's been wanting another baby.

His ass probably plotted again.

I exit the bathroom and I put my gown on, admiring myself in the mirror.

Ooh... I think imma be fucking sick.

It's not morning sickness this time, it's the feeling of my stomach being in knots.

Nervous about the outcome of my life moving forward.

Imma fucking kill him for making me feel this way.

Not really though cause clearly I can't do without him.

I look at the clock with the time revealing 12:45 PM.

Sure enough, there is a knock at the bridal suite door.

It's time to get married...

_____

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

314K 10.3K 33
"Tell me what you want." He murmured, his finger trailing up and down my forearm. Goosebumps erupted at his touch and I shivered, my eyes fluttering...
332K 14K 44
|#10 in romance| |#1 in CEO| |#1 in desire| |#1 in marriage| |#2 in drama| |#2 in billionaire| |#4 in love| |#4 in lovers| |#8 in hotguy| |#9 in pass...
173K 5.4K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...
162K 6K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...