Smoke and Mirrors (DE)

Oleh tinybina

SEQUEL TO LIES YOU TELL After Graces world comes crashing down around her, she struggles to pick up the piece... Lebih Banyak

Preview.
1. Life goes on
2. Deal with the devil
3. Favors
4. State vs. Joseph Combs
5. Joseph's fate
6. He's home
7. Saw a ghost
8. Can we talk
9. Truth be told
10. The real you
11. Playing games
12. Got your back
13. Love faces
14. No more wasted time
15. Sold soul
16. Obsessive
17. Family ties
18. Street royalty
19. Fresh faces
20. Memory lane
21. First impressions
22. Scorned ex
23. Seeing red
24. Pay in tears
25. From a distance
26. Can't get enough
27. New deal
28. Dug up dirt
29. Rebirth
30. Devil works hard, Rick works harder
31. Reintroduction
32. Brotherly love
33. Moving solo
34. Difficult decisions
35. Loose lips sink ships
36. Breaking the news
37. More than your spine do
38. Welcome home
39. In-law blues
40. Dead or Alive
41. La Flor
42. If the world was ending
43. New sheriff in town
44. Saw a ghost pt. 2
45. Christmas in Miami
46. Girls weekend
47. Unexpectedly
48. Week 8
49. Gut feeling
50. Snakes in the grass
51. Overdue
52. Heating up
53. The matrimony
54. Birth of a death
55. Family affair
56. Lie once, lie twice
57. Opening up
58. El Diablo
59. Back to haunt
60. Graces turn
61. Showered with love
62. Sticky
63. By the gun
64. Act of treason
NEW DAVE FF
65. Happy birthday CG
66. Fed up
67. Responsibility
68. So gone over u
70. Paris time
71. Party of four
72. New norm
73. Alone time
Epilogue.
THIRD BOOK UP
THIRD BOOK REPUBLISHED

69. I still do

7.6K 394 451
Oleh tinybina

"Grace— don't open that fuckin door, you wait till I get there!" Richard exclaimed into the phone.

"Daddy it's fine!" Grace shouted back irritatedly with her phone pressed between her shoulder and ear as she got Cataleya's romper buttoned, disconnecting the call and tossing the phone onto the bed. "You ready to see your daddy pretty girl?" Grace asked in a softer tone, mirroring the three month olds gummy smile as Grace tickled her chubby belly just as there was a knock at the door.

Grace exhaled deeply, swallowing the lump that had formed in her throat and mustered up a smile as she placed Cataleya on her hip, straightening her stripped romper and slinging her Gucci diaper bag over the opposite shoulder. Grace peppered her little face with kisses as she walked to the front door, Cataleya's tiny boisterous giggles flooding Graces condo.

"There's daddy!" Grace exclaimed as she opened the door, Joseph waiting on the other side with a smile.

Graces heart thumped aggressively in her chest, anxiety blocking her airways and making it hard to breathe. She made minimal eye contact as she passed her daughter off, handing him the thousand dollar diaper bag with her. This was the first time they'd seen one another in person in months— Joseph had been going through Richard to see his daughter and he didn't miss a day, but today Richard had errands to run and wouldn't make it on time to see his granddaughter off.

There was an uncomfortable silence as the two co-parents stood on opposite sides of the threshold. The only time they communicated was about their daughter, so if it didn't involve her there was no conversation.

"All right my beautiful girl, have fun— I love you stinka muffin," Grace cooed softly, pinching her daughters cheeks before looking up at Joseph briefly meeting his tense gaze and giving him a meek smile. "Call me if she needs anything," She said, trying to softly close the door but Joseph quickly stuck his foot in it, stopping her.

Grace inhaled sharply looking down at his foot and up at him with an unamused expression, twisting her lips to the side. He'd thought about this moment all night last night— finally getting to see Grace and what he was going to say but his nerves were rattling him and he couldn't get anything out.

"Wait— come with us, it's my birthday. I want to be with both of you—"

Grace chewed on the inside of her lip as her eyes defaulted to everywhere but at him. "I have stuff to do— happy birthday, Joseph," She said quietly, closing the door.

Grace tucked both her lips as she placed her back up against the door, her hazel eyes burning as she felt a wave of emotion wash over her. These days felt as though she wasn't allowed to cry anymore or be weak because Cataleya was watching, even though she didn't know what was going on. Grace still didn't understand how things had become this way, and it made it all the more worse because she was still madly in love with Joseph— just as she'd promised him she always would be.

Grace didn't hate Joseph for what he'd done, she despised him because she felt he chose the streets over his family. Part of Grace hated her own self for truly believing he'd ever change— buying all the dreams he'd sell her of a home with a white picket fence, children playing in the yard and a normal life. But it was just another fib in his book of lies.

Sometimes she wish she could go back to when he told her he wasn't a good man in the beginning— she wished she believed him and didn't try to fix him. Joseph was a broken man long before she came into his life and it took her seven years too long to realize her love was not enough to fix him. He had a tether attached to him— an evil monkey on his back and he'd finally imploded on himself, hurting the woman that had gifted him with precious life.

Grace hated sending her daughter away, not because she didn't want Cataleya to be with Joseph but because she wanted to be with them, together— she missed her family.

Grace banged her head on the door lightly, her hand still on the knob, engaged in an eternal battle between her heart and her mind— open the door or keep it closed.

Taking a deep breath she opened the door anyway against the better judgment of her mind, sticking her head out to see if they were still there. They'd made it to the end of the hall by the elevators, about to get on.

"Wait!" Grace called, stopping Joseph and catching both their attention. "I'll come— for your birthday,"

Joseph licked over his bottom lip anxiously, nodding as he waited patiently for her to come back out. Cataleya pulled on Joseph's beard making him wince in pain— her new favorite thing to do as her fine motor skills were slowly beginning to develop. Joseph attacked Cataleya's face with kisses, nibbling on her neck making her squeal loudly as she held his face in her tiny hands.

"I'm ready," Grace smiled small as she approached them.

Joseph nodded, hitting the elevator button and allowing her on first.

Richard had given up his beloved bachelor pad over looking the Atlantic Ocean for his girls, getting another condo in an adjacent building. Grace didn't want to tell her parents about the fight her and Joseph had gotten into, she'd still yet to tell her mom they were split up but Richard pried it out of her. It took ten minutes of begging and two times of threatening to never speak to him ever again to finally get Richard to calm down.

Richard was livid— he wanted to knock Joseph unconscious and tie cinder blocks to his body and push him over the Miami bridge. If it were up to Richard, Joseph would never see Cataleya again but Cataleya isn't his child, she's Graces and no matter what happened between her and Joseph she refused to keep their daughter away from him.

They stood on opposite sides of the elevator, an awkward silence filling the small space as Cataleya kept looking between her parents with a wide smile before reaching for her mother.

"You changin on me like that? I thought I was your favorite person," Joseph said, acting fake hurt as he hugged Cataleya tighter.

Grace smiled small watching them interact. Cataleya had been a daddy's girl from the moment she was born. It used to make Grace jealous how she carried her for over nine months and she came out favoring her father, but Grace adored it now— seeing her daughter get to have the relationship with her father that Grace had to wait almost thirty years to have herself.

Cataleya was finally surpassing that stage where all she did was sleep and was finally becoming more active and aware and Grace loved it, getting to experience the world for the first time again through her daughters big brown eyes.

"No— say my mommy is," Grace cooed, grabbing her little hand and shaking it.

Joseph's heart pounded aggressively in his chest. Though he wasn't showing it, he was nervous to be in her presence because he was sure she hated him— he hated himself for hurting her in that way. Joseph was appalled with himself, disgusted and ashamed. He felt less of a man, for once again, losing his vicious temper.

They never spoke of that night again after it happened— which is why they stand only feet apart feeling like complete strangers, again.

"I was just planning on an early dinner— if that's okay with you," Joseph said, breaking the silence as they got off the elevator to the parking garage.

"It's your birthday," Grace said quietly as he opened her door, allowing her to slip into the luxury vehicle and close the door after her.

Joseph took his girls to a beach side restaurant that he heard often had dolphin sightings from the view of the elevated outdoor dining area. Grace carried Cataleya on her hip with Joseph following closely behind pushing her monogram Fendi print stroller.

"Look how pretty mommy," Grace said as they got seated, placing Cataleya on her lap and pointing at the dazzling blue ocean.

The waiter poured glasses of water, and took their orders bringing back a bottle of Chateau Lafite— a one thousand dollar bottle of wine and pouring Grace a glass.

She hadn't had a drink in over a year but she needed one now to help her loosen up. The same awkward silence from the elevator followed them to the dinner table as they sat across from one another quietly— Grace trying to busy herself playing with Cataleya as Joseph watched them.

Grace took a sip of her wine, swirling it around before clearing her throat lightly and setting the glass down as she looked up meeting his tense stare. "How are you?" She asked, bouncing Cataleya.

"I'm good," He said, exhaling a breath he didn't know he'd been holding in. "I got back on my medication last week and I've been working out again. I feel good— very level headed,"

Grace smiled small, pulling her hair out of Cataleya's little hand. "That's good— you're getting old," She jested, feeling the wine start to sooth her rattled nerves.

Joseph chuckled lightly, flashing his pearly white teeth. "Thirty-three— shits crazy ain't it,"

"Mommy remembers when daddy was twenty—five, or was it twenty-six?" Grace said into Cataleya's ear, kissing her soft cheek.

"And daddy remembers when mommy was twenty-two," Joseph snickered.

"And then mommy and daddy fell in-love— and had you," Grace finished.

Joseph poked the inside of his cheek, leaning back in his seat as he stared at them somberly before producing an envelope form his pocket and sliding it across the table. Grace furrowed her brows, looking at Joseph before grabbing it and opening it.

Joseph swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he watched her eyes go back and forth reading the contents of the documents.

"You can take whatever you want— and I'll continue to fund your accounts and hers too," Joseph said quietly.

Graces stomach immediately twisted itself into a knot, threatening to regurgitate everything she'd eaten that morning. She felt winded as if the air had been stolen from her lungs as she reread the paper again— they were divorce documents.

"Why are you doing this right now?" She asked lowly, her voice meek as she looked up meeting his stone like stare.

"Because you won't Grace," He answered coldly.

"What— what does that even mean?" Grace asked, placing Cataleya into her stroller.

"We haven't talked in months Grace—,"

"What does that mean Joseph," Grace repeated again, her voice trembling.

"I just want you to be happy," Joseph said calmly.

Grace let out a stifled chuckle, completely blindsided as she stared at the ocean trying to process what had just happened. "And you think this is going to make me happier Joseph? My family is what makes me happy Joseph— I want my family!"

"I'm just trying to make the best decision—,"

"The best decision?" Grace reuttered, cutting him off as her voice raised a few octaves. "Leaving your wife is the best decision but leaving the streets isn't?"

Joseph clenched his jaw tightly, looking around to make sure no one was watching. "I'm not trying to make you upset— why are you trying to fight me right now?"

"Why am I trying to fight you?— why aren't you fighting right now Joseph,"

Grace was in complete and utter shock, and if it weren't for them being in a public setting she would have stood up and smacked him right across the face.

"You're a coward, you know that? You're a pussy!" She exclaimed. "I see right through you Joseph! You're too ashamed to apologize for putting your hands on me but you can ask for a divorce? We are where we are right now because of you Joseph!" Grace shouted.

"Lower your voice," Joseph said through gritted teeth as she was starting to catch the attention of other diners.

"No I will not! It's sad because you still can't even see what this is about Joseph! It's not about you putting your hands on me— it's about you not being able to let this shit go! I have given you the best years of my life— all of my twenties! I've given my life up for you multiple times! I've forgiven you time and time again, stood by you, supported your business ventures, nursed you back to health multiple times, never judged you and always loved you and this is what you give me?— some divorce papers!?" Grace shouted, waiving the papers in the air angrily.

"This isn't even about us— it's about our daughter Joseph! What is she supposed to say six years from now when it's bring your parent to school day, huh? Hi— this is my daddy and he's a gangster— that's if you're even alive or free still! Jesus Christ Joseph open your fucking eyes!"

Joseph licked over his teeth as he sat quietly allowing Grace to scold him. They stared at one another intensely and infuriately, silence falling over the table once again. If looks could kill they would've both dropped dead at that moment.

"You know what— fine," Grace objected. "Give me a pen— and don't even think about asking me to marry you again because it will never happen again," She hissed spitefully.

Joseph's eye twitched as he glared at her with a scowl before he reached across the table trying to take the divorce documents from her hand but she snatched back— ripping them.

Grace huffed, her chest heaving up and down as she stared at the two halves of the documents angrily before picking them up and ripping them some more, tossing the tiny pieces at Joseph. "I hate you— I hate you!" She exclaimed, throwing the pieces of paper aggressively.

"Cut it the fuck out— you're acting crazy," Joseph said through gritted teeth as he swatted the pieces of paper out of his face.

"Please— you got some nerve trying to call someone crazy because you're back on your medication now. You're the least mentally sane person at this table— I wouldn't be surprised if our daughters first friend is imaginary," Grace spat, taking a sip of her wine.

"O-open my door," Grace demanded, as she leaned against the wall watching as Joseph tried to unlock Grace's condo door while holding Cataleya's car seat in the other hand. "I want my baby," Grace mumbled as she stumbled inside, kicking her Valentino flip flops off by the door.

"No you're drunk," Joseph said, redirecting her towards her room as she reached for the car seat. "Go lay down,"

"I will when you leave— so leave," She said rudely.

"I'm bout to," Joseph said, setting the sleeping infants car seat on the counter.

"G-Great," Grace said with an attitude, crossing her arms across her chest. "So get out,"

"Grace I'm not finna play this game with yo drunk ass— go lay down," Joseph grumbled.

Grace narrowed her eyes at Joseph before swiftly smacking him across the face. Joseph licked over his teeth, his cheek stinging aggressively as he wiggled his jaw, glaring at her. Just as she raised her hand to slap him again he caught her wrist, wrapping her arms around herself and tossing her over his shoulder as if she weighed nothing.

"I hate you! I hate you— I hate you!" Grace shouted for the fiftieth time tonight as she beat on his toned back, flailing her arms and legs wildly as he carried her to her room, dropping her on the queen sized bed roughly. "I wish I never met you!" She yelled, trying to kick him but he grabbed her ankle, dragging her to the edge of the bed.

"Stop— Cataleya is sleeping," Joseph gritted.

"I don't care— get out!" She exclaimed, trying to yank her foot back but he was holding her ankle too tight causing him to trip over the foot of the bed and fall on top of her. "I-I hate you!" Grace shouted loudly again making him grab her mouth aggressively.

Joseph clenched his jaw seeing the tears flowing form the corners of her eyes creating small wet spots on her covers. He exhaled deeply, letting go of her mouth and wiping her face.

"I love you Grace,"

"No you don't!" She exclaimed, trying to turn her face away from him.

Joseph grabbed her face again, making her look at him as he stared down at her before planting his lips on hers— silencing her cries. Joseph kissed her softly— their first feeling of familiarity in months.

"Tell me you love me back," Joseph said lowly.

"I don't!" She exclaimed, bratty like.

"Yes you do," He mumbled against her lips, still holding her face with one hand. His other hand finding their way to the hem of her jeans, unbuttoning them aggressively and yanking them down past her curvey hips as he continued to kiss her softly— the taste of Chateau Lafite still prevalent on her lips. "Im sorry," Joseph whispered. "Im sorry for hurting you," He mumbled into her ear, kissing it gently sending a chill down her spine and making her arch her back.

They hadn't touched one another in months— the sexual tension was profuse. They longed for one another's scent and grasp— Grace practically melted in his strong tattooed hands like butter, this was what she really needed.

Grace helped kick her legs out of her panties and jeans, Joseph tossing them onto the ground and pulled her closer to him aggressively at the edge of the bed by her thick warm thighs as their lips continued to move in sync— slow dancing with one another.

Grace gasped against Joseph's lips feeling him part her second set of lips with his fingers, rubbing her throbbing pearl in circular motions, his dark orbs locked on her hazel ones in the dark of her bedroom— the only source of light coming from the hall providing just enough light to see.

Joseph continued to kiss and suck on her neck as his fingers got lost between her slippery folds. Grace tilted her head back further into the fluffy duvet, closing her eyes shut tightly with her mouth slightly agape— her blissful whimpers getting caught in her throat, no sounds coming out.

Joseph wrapped her legs around his waist, swiftly picking her up, holding her with one arm as if she weighed nothing and dropping his pants with the other. Grace clung onto his neck tightly burying her face into his inky muscular shoulder— the room still spinning from the two and a half glasses of wine aged older than herself that she'd downed at dinner.

"Look at me," Joseph demanded lowly as he positioned himself at her entrance. Grace kept her face in his neck, nervous butterflies ravaging her stomach as she was slightly scared— it was her first time having sex since the baby.

Grace winced in pain, tightening her legs around his waist as he slowly lowered her onto his thick member. Joseph hissed, tilting his head back as he could feel her tight canal constricting around him— pulsating.

"Look at me," He repeated again breathlessly, slowly bouncing her up down— his biceps burning.

Grace lifted her head from his shoulder, resting her forehead against his as she held onto both sides of his face.

"You love me?" Joseph asked lowly.

Grace bit down on her bottom lip, nodding her head trying her best to be quiet.

"Say it," He demanded, kissing her plump lips. "Say you love me—"

Joseph started to pick up the pace, holding her body tightly to his as he fucked her. Every time she opened her mouth to speak nothing came out as her body was so overcome with pleasure— paralyzing her vocal cords. She burried her face into his neck once more, inhaling the intoxicating scent of his cologne, her nails digging into his back leaving impressions in his skin as she clung onto him for dear life.

Joseph carried Grace over to the bed, setting her down gently and rolling her over on her stomach. He let spit dribble out of his mouth onto his manhood, rubbing it over the tip and stroking himself with one hand as he squeezed Grace's ass with the other— his bottom lip tucked tightly between his teeth as he marveled at her godly shape.

He positioned himself at her entrance— invading her slowly as his chest heaved up and down. Grace gripped the covers tightly as he forced himself all the way in, holding her tiny waist tightly in his large hands. Joseph kissed along the side of her face and down her neck to her shoulder— sucking on her sweet flesh as he stroked her slowly. From her shoulder to her back, he drug his lips down her spine leaving goosebumps on her skin— Grace's sweet angelic moans occupying the room like a harmonic lullaby.

They switched positions again— Joseph rolling Grace over onto her back so they could stare at one another. As badly as he wanted to dig into her until she screamed; pull her hair and choke her, he wanted to love her gently this time— stroke her delicate petals like the dainty flower she is and take his time.

Grace reached up and grabbed Joseph's face, cupping both sides of his hairy cheeks as his dark hooded eyes bore intensely into her soft hazel ones. Her heart thumped steadily in her chest— how deep and dangerously infatuated with one another beginning to resurface again, overpowering the superficial feelings of spite they had for one another.

"I love you," Grace uttered breathlessly, watching Joseph's gaze soften before he leaned down and kissed her.

They hugged onto one another tightly, grinding their dewy bodies against one another passionately until they pushed each other to the peak of their mountains. They laid in silence holding one another, Joseph stroking the top of her head and kissing her face sweetly.

Cataleya began whimpering in another part of the condo snapping them out of their euphoric trance— Grace immediately sitting up remembering she has a child.

"Joseph— you left her in the kitchen?!" Grace exclaimed, jumping up to go get the crying infant.

"She was sleep in her car seat— she's fine," He mumbled tiredly, draping his tattooed arm across his face.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

265K 10.1K 102
With Lyle's house brunt to ashes and Ricky Malcolm's blood on Riley's hands; the secret is out and Chris is furious and looking for revenge. Dylan, T...
5.1K 413 28
-A MAFIA ROMAMCE- -3rd in the DAYDREAM AWARDS! - ~•~ "Elijah!" my sister ran back into the café as I finished paying for our order we had, worry was...
10.6K 582 49
{Sequel to The Deal} Hope is back with vengeance. Every single person who had the audacity to threaten her and her daughter will pay, even if she en...
Truth In My Lies Oleh red

Misteri / Thriller

2.3K 56 30
You ever have that one hot, rude, cocky jerkface in your school that just screams bad news. Tough childhood and doesn't let people in easily. With hi...