This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Nine

9.2K 441 81
By kissmyredlips

"I want all of Asia's projects and guestings. I want her endorsements," I sternly exclaimed.

Maganda pa ang salubong ni Mama Ton sa akin. All smiles as soon as I went back to the studio.

He thought something good happened that I was in a mood to finally talk about my pending meetings with endorsers and lined up guestings.

He grimaced and instantly looked like he was going to fume from irritation. "Ano na naman ba 'to? Revenge?"

"I'm just returning the favor." I shrugged.

Mama Ton groaned. "Tingin mo hindi mapapansin ng fans niya 'yan? It will be so obvious. Ikaw ang magmumukhang masama"

"They already painted me as the bad guy before. I'm just living up to their expectations." I twisted my lips.

"You and your schemes." Umiling-iling si Mama Ton. Alam ko na agad na gagawin niya rin ang hinihingi ko.

It only took two days for Mama Ton to start moving things around. Endless meetings. It started with an evening talk show that was supposed to have Asia as a guest but she got moved upon hearing that I agreed to be a guest as long as it was in the earliest possible date.

Then I replaced her as the main prod number at the weekend musical variety show. I also accepted endorsements that were rivals to her existing brands.

Mama Ton has a lot of resources in the industry kaya kahit na ang isang under discussion na endorsement ni Asia sa isang shampoo brand ay natunugan niya. Not only that, but he knew someone from the company.

With my A-list status, Mama Ton doesn't have to negotiate or beg to get me booked. He simply just socialize, maybe ask them for a coffee to catch up. At sila na mismo magtatanong kung available ako.

That was why we were at the main office of Unilever today. Also the reason why I was dressed to the nines. I wore a cropped tube and white trousers that matched the coat that I just placed over my shoulder.

We were five minutes late. I normally respected other people's schedule and always arrived on time as much as possible but I needed to be a bit late for my opening scene.

Exactly how I directed it in my mind, the seats at the table were filled. I caught Asia's gaze. She weakly smiled when she saw me but I didn't return the smile.

I pointedly glanced at my manager and feigned a confused look. Mama Ton held my back, playing along, and guided me towards the table.

They stood up to formally greet me. Mama Ton introduced me to everyone and I politely greeted and shook their hands. I didn't glance at Asia and sat far away from her.

"Before anything else, I would like to thank everyone for being here. It's such an honor to have two big stars with us today," Ms. Carmina, the communications director exclaimed, starting the meeting.

"As you all know, we will have a big campaign for Sunsilk and we want to have you both in it."

That's my cue. I sat up straight. "Is it going to be separate campaigns?"

Ms. Carmina's lips parted a bit. Napatingin siya sa team niya bago ngumiti sa akin. "You will be working together."

I put on a confused look and glanced at Mama Ton then back at them. "I was under the impression that it will be just me."

"It was initially a solo campaign but an opportunity came and you two are available so we decided to take it to a different direction," she explained, still smiling.

Hindi ako nagsalita. Hindi rin ako ngumiti. I leaned back at my seat and showed them my fading interest.

"Naku, Ms. Carmina. I wasn't informed that Kaia will be working with... someone else. Everyone here knows that she just came back and this will be her first campaign after how many years... We want it to be strong and not have her share a spotlight with someone else."

Their smiles sunk.

"As much as we would love to work with the brand, we might have to pass on the opportunity," Mama Ton said in a regretful manner.

The meeting room was wrapped in awkward silence. Wala sa kanilang may alam kung ano ang isasagot. Nagtinginan lang sila at matapos kay Asia.

I looked at Asia who looked slightly pale and nervous now. Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin. I offered her the smile she gave me from earlier, except mine was devilish.

Mama Ton proudly smiled and stood up. Sumunod naman ako sa pagtayo.

"Let's keep in touch. Donna knows where to reach me," Mama Ton bid before saying goodbye.

I politely smiled at no one in particular and thanked them for the opportunity before following Mama Ton towards the exit.

It only took them one day to call back and I knew it was a done deal.

For the next four days, I got preoccupied with endless shoots, tapings, and a half-day dance rehearsal for the. It reminded me of how much I had grown to hate this part of being a celebrity.

But I still did it anyway, because I wanted to make a point. I wanted her to know her place. I wanted to send a message the only thing she could take from me were my scraps, like that movie role that she badly wanted. That I could always outshine her, like how she used that method to bury her scandal from the past.

I don't care if people will call me petty or if I was stooping down to her level. When I decided to come back, she wasn't in the list of my scores to settle but she poked the dragon. It was only right for me to breathe fire.

After a week, I was like a volcano that erupted and suddenly I was everywhere—television, billboards, and online campaigns. My face was plastered everywhere. Previews of my upcoming guestings were already released as well.

That easy. I wanted her to realize that it was that easy to take back everything she thought she gained for the past years that I was gone.

It wasn't even the extent of what I could do. All I took from her were endorsements and small guestings. I could take the roles that she wanted if I wanted to, but I didn't want to dedicate that kind of amount of tine and effort. It was more than enough for me to let her get a taste.

I was a bit surprised when Asia sent me a message asking if we could talk. I didn't think she had it in her. I ignored it, thinking that it would annoy her more.

"You are so diabolical and petty," Dharma laughed as I told her what I've been up to for the past week.

I smugly drank my smoothie.

Dharma and I were alone at the dressing room. We were both waiting to be called for our respective production numbers for Saturday Live, the musical variety show in our network. Ngayon lang kami nagkita ulit dahil pareho kaming busy.

"You do know that there are already a few birdies making conspiracy theories that you've been stealing Asia's projects right? I've read some tweets about it."

"No, and I don't care." I shrugged.

"What's the next step then?"

"None. I'm not wasting any more time on her. I just wanted to send a message."

"Message sent," Dharma giggled. "How's your guy, by the way?"

I sighed, knowing what exactly she was talking about. "Living his best single life. He went to a club with his friends the other night."

I wasn't completely distracted by Asia. I still check on Hades from time to time. Mostly online. Not that he was active. I stalk him through his family and friends. Laurene and Takumi were my frequent resources.

"Buti hindi mo sinundan."

"I was too tired from rehearsal," I honestly answered.

"Stalker." Dharma made a face.

A knock interrupted out conversation. Dharma raised a brow and stood up to open the locked door. Hindi pa namin call time kaya curious ako kung sino 'yon.

"Oh." Dharma didn't hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Is Kaia inside?" I heard the seemingly gentle voice and I immediately knew who it was.

Dharma didn't move away from the door and turned to my direction with a raised brow.

I nodded, giving her a silent indication that I was going to talk to Asia. I brought down my cup and casually waited for my special guest.

Dharma stepped aside and let Asia walk in. She looked like a generic version of Ariana Grande with her boots that reached her thighs and high ponytail.

"Kaia, can we talk?" She looked so serious. She would always be smiling whenever she would talk to me.

Tumingin ako kay Dharma. Kulang na lang sa kanya ay popcorn. "Can you leave us for a bit?"

Dharma raised a brow. Mukhang ayaw niya pa pero sa huli ay tumango at walang isang salita na lumabas ng dressing room.

I leaned back on my seat and crossed my legs. When she still didn't say a word, I gracefully gestured my hand for her to talk. "You may speak."

Huminga nang malalim si Asia at humakbang ng ilang beses para lumapit sa akin.

"Do we have a problem?"

Really? She was gonna start with that?

Tinitigan ko lang siya para hintayin ang susunod niyang sasabihin. Also to make her uncomfortable.

"The last time we met, you said you'll take everything from me... and the past days, I've been... losing projects," she continued. "Did I do something wrong? Did I offend you in any way?"

She looked like a sheep standing in front of a wolf. It infuriated me. Is she really asking me that? Is she really going to play the victim card? Kahit na kaming dalawa lang ang nasa kwarto?

"Stop with the act, Asia," I hissed.

"What act?" She looked so confused.

I couldn't controm my temper. I stood up to match her height. "You think I don't know what you did?"

She shook her head. I didn't know what she was seeing in me but it frightened her. It was written on her face.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I sarcastically laughed. "You thought I wouldn't be able to connect the dots? Isn't it funny that you got the role that was supposed to be mine? That my scandal suddenly blew up when you had your DUI incident?"

"I auditioned for that role fair and square. And I don't know what you mean about your scandal. What does that have to do with me?" tumigas na ang boses niya.

She said it with so much conviction, like she believed what she was saying and she was fighting for her right.

It left me speechless. I stared at her for a long time, reading every bit of her face; fron the corner of her eyes to her firm limps. Asia was a decent actress but this... this wasn't an act.

I wanted to deny it. I wanted to be right that it was her all this time, that she was the one behind that number, but I couldn't find a fault on her face.

"Why were you with Hadeon?"

"Hadeon?" Her forehead creased. "We became acquainted at a party and he asked me to be an ambassador of their hotels. What does he have to do with this?"

Hindi ako sumagot. Hindi ko alam ang isasagot ko. She looked so confused and I was overriden with guilt and shame.

I thought it was her. I thought I was right this whole time. Here I was being proven wrong. She didn't know anything.

"I thought it was you," I weakly whispered. I sounded so defeated and I felt like it, too.

It was like I got played for the second time by my ghost from the past and whoever it was didn't even have to do anything.

"What?" she asked, not hiding how confused and lost she was with everything.

"I'm sorry," I sincerely told her before leaving the dressing room. I needed some air.

It felt like I lost a game and it made me feel so stupid because I found out that I was the only player.

I was already so defeated as I went home for that day until I was flooded with messages from Dharma, my manager, and even Asia.

Dharma:
Babe, don't go online. You and Asia are trending.

Manager:
Ayan. Trending kayo ni Asia. Yan na nga ba ang sinasabi ko.

Asia:
I don't know who posted those photos. I still don't understand what's happening but I don't want any bad blood between us. I don't know if you feel the same way, but you're my friend, Kaia. I'm sorry.

Her kindness only made me feel worse. I was ready for this issue to implode but I was too emotionally raw right now to deal with the fact that my name was getting dragged by half of the country again.

Punishing myself, I went online to check the public's sentiment.

@fh254759017
Yikes @kaiapersephone nangaagaw ng project 🤮

@stephhyyy
Idk why everyones surprised we knew from day 1 na masama ugali ni @kaiapersephone

@ysadumprt
Ganda lang walang class 🤡@kaiapersephone

@misswillow
Throwback sa panahon na my cheating rumor siya tapos biglang nagpakasal sabay awol 🔥💨 @kaiapersephone

@ROWSIA5EVER
Wala kumukuha sayo teh kaya nangaagaw ka project ng may project??? @kaiapersephone

It was endless negative words. If I didn't know that it wasn'y Asia, I would have been laughing my ass of right now, because thinking that Asia was guilty made what I did feel like it was justice served.

Now, I was the one getting served. I thought I was the antiheroine of the story, but little did I know, I was the antagonist all this time.

"Ma'am, nandito na po tayo," Manong Victor announced.

I took a sharp breath and stowed my phone in my bag. I fixed myself because I couldn't face my mom with this kind of baggage.

She was waiting for me at the living room with a wretched look on her face. My smile dropped. My initial thought was that she found out about the latest issues surrounding me.

"Mom," I half-heartedly greeted.

"Kaia, your father," her voice broke. Tears welled her eyes. "He doesn't want to sign the annulment papers. He said he would never sign it."

She began crying. Hearing her sobs clogged up my chest. I closed our distance and pulled her into a hug.

I was worried that this would trigger her into her episode. She was doing so well. Even from a distance, my father knew how to ruin our peace.

"Mom, it's okay. You don't have to worry about this. I'll take care of this," I reassured her and gently rubbed her back.

"I just want to be free from him. I want it to be over," she cried.

I bit my lip and hugged her tighter. "It will be over soon. I'll handle him, okay?"

It took me half hour to calm her down. I let her rest in her bedroom and only left when she fell asleep.

When it rains, it fucking pours. Different octaves of emotions were swirling inside me. I wanted to explode but I was too drained.

I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. So, I went out for a drive. Without any destination in mind, but my heart knew where to go.

I ended up in front of Hadeon's estate but I couldn't find it in me to approach the gate. I wasn't afraid to be spotted but it felt off limits.

I wasn't sure how long I was there for. My car parked on the side of the entr way, on hazard, while I was just staring blankly at the gate. It was a surprise that the guard hadn't approach me yet.

A car went by me and stopped right in front of mine. The door opened and a tall figure stepped out. I felt my heart skip a beat.

Hadeon.

He turned towards my car and my heart went even crazier because he knew. He knew it was me.

I quickly opened my car door and stepped out. I knew what I wanted to do. What I needed to do.

His eyes were sharp. His jaw was clenched. He wasn't happy to see me, but I couldn't care less.

"What are you doing here?" he asked when I was within earshot.

I didn't answer. I continued taking my steps until I closed our distance. I slipped my arms under his arms and circled it to his waist. I buried my face on his chest and invited myself to his embrace.

My tears began to flow as soon as I smelled his familiar scent. I missed this. I missed him so much.

He stiffened. I felt him try to move his arms but I tightened my arms around him.

"Ten seconds. Please. Ten seconds lang," my voice trembled. Mas siniksik ko ang mukha ko sa dibdib niya.

He didn't move. His body slowly relaxed. It eased some of my ailings.

Today was so fucked up. Everything that I did was wrong. This was the only thing that felt right. It had always been like that with him.

"I missed you so much," I whispered against his chest. It was so low and muffled. I wasn't sure if he heard it, but this hug was already enough for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 100K 42
To love is to sacrifice. Iyon ang paniniwala ni Avis Magdalene Sebastian. She believes that love is doing everything for the people you love, even if...
66.4K 1.2K 33
Daffney Levanidez wasn't interested in dating guys not until the night she met Darlin Francisco, the guy that would turn out to be her first love. DU...
7.4K 1.2K 17
Tuwing Biyernes ay may nakukuhang sulat si Anna sa labas ng kanilang bahay mula sa isang taong nagngangalang Rafael. But in her seventeen years of ex...