Twisted Wonderland Book 3: Th...

By PinkiePieSweets

Time has passed, and Finals Week has come and gone. However, Grim, Ace, Deuce, and other students find themse... More

Chapter 1: Cramming Session
Chapter 2: Average Question
Chapter 3: Results Stacked
Chapter 4: Press-Gang Contract
Chapter 5: A Group Counterattack
Chapter 6: A Contractual Setback
Chapter 7: Observing a Foe
Chapter 8: A Baiting Duo
Chapter 9: Lounge Shorthanded
Chapter 10: Collateral Demanded
Chapter 11: A Contract Signed
Chapter 12: A Housing Bind
Chapter 13: A Dorm Suite
Chapter 14: Morning Heat
Chapter 15: Stardom Dreams
Chapter 16: Hasty Schemes
Chapter 18: Playing Cheap
Chapter 19: Wracking the Brain
Chapter 20: Two Days Remain
Chapter 21: Group Infiltration
Chapter 22: Jolting Electrification
Chapter 23: A Minor Oversight
Chapter 24: Rendezvous at Midnight
Chapter 25: A Cleaning Hint
Chapter 26: A Morning Blueprint
Chapter 27: Singing Some Praise
Chapter 28: Return of the Morays
Chapter 29: Lounge Confusion
Chapter 30: Contract Dissolution
Chapter 31: Dastardly Negotiation
Chapter 32: Moment of Realization
Chapter 33: Reduced to Naught
Chapter 34: Back in an Octopus Pot
Chapter 35: Erasing the Past
Chapter 36: Scarfing Down Fast
Chapter 37: Home at Last
Chapter 38: Museum Travelogue
Chapter 39: Octavinelle Epilogue

Chapter 17: Amateurs in the Deep

38 0 0
By PinkiePieSweets

Sometime later, Birar, Grim, Trinket, Seriea, Jasper, Tanzanite, Jack, Ace, and Deuce are in the Mirror Chamber, preparing to leave for their destination, the Coral Sea. Briar then brings out the potion bottle and pours them into small cups. Then passes it around to each member. For some reason, Sereia doesn't want the potion. Briar asks why, and Sereia says that she'll show them once they get in the water.

Looking at the potion, Deuce asks, "Will Azul's potions really let us breathe underwater?"

"Yeah. It's still glowing after putting it in the cup," Jasper says.

"Only one way to find out. We'll have to chug 'em and see for ourselves," Jack says.

Ace holds the cup and says, "Okay, on three. One, two...three!"

And everyone drinks the small amount of potion they have. After drinking it, everyone has an unpleasant after taste.

Deuce flinches, "Whew... That was..."

Grim screams, "NASTY! It tastes like someone mixed together dried frogs and rotten mushrooms!"

How would you know what that tastes like?" Jack asks, and begins coughing, "It's a...powerful flavor, all right..."

Jasper is also grossed out, "It's bad!"

"I'd really awful," Tanzanite says.

Even Trinket is disgusted by the taste.

Ace says, "What genius decided that potions have to taste like crud, anyway? Someone oughta fix that." and slightly burps.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about efficacy than flavor?" Deuce says.

Suddenly, Deuce feels strange and feels like he's starting to run out of breath, "W-wait a minute. It's...getting harder to breathe..."

Briar heavily breathes, "I'm... having trouble breathing..."

Even Tanzanite, Jasper, Grim, and Trinket are showing signs of lack of breathing.

"Are our lungs adapting to breathing underwater?" Jack asks, shocked.

Ace is also gasping for air as well ,Gah... Aw geez, this is gettin' bad. Let's get in the water, quick!

Jack calls out, "Mirror of Darkness! Guide us to the Coral Sea!"

Soon the Mirror of Darkness pulls the group into the mirror to get them to their destination. Soon enough, the whole group splashes into the water. Surrounded by the undersea environment full of sea plants, sea animals, and lots of water.

Grim gurgles in a panic, "It just dumped us in the water! I'm gonna drown!"

However, Deuce notices, "Wait. I'm breathing just fine."

Grim begins to notice too, "Huh? Oh, hey, you're right."

"I can breathe now," Jasper says.

"We're actually breathing under water," Tanzanite says.

"We really can breathe underwater," Jaco says.

Ace then swims up to see the Coral Reef, "Dude! Get a load of this coral reef! If Cater was here, he'd be hashtagging pics of it faster than you could say the word 'Magicam'!"

"This place is beautiful. And there's even cute little fishies here," Briar says.

Then Jack says, "We don't have time to gawk at the scenery. We'd better get a move on and head to our target."

Grim struggles to swim as he says, "So hard to move! Mrrragh! I feel like a fish outta water here. Or whatever the opposite of that is!"

She looks around and wonders, "Hold on, where's Sereia?"

"Um, I'm over here," Sereia answers.

Briar and the others turn to see a surprising and shocking sight. What she sees is Sereia, but looks different. She has an aquamarine green colored tail, and the only clothes she's wearing is a strapless white bandeau bra.

"MYAH! Sereia, you... YOU HAVE A TAIL?!" Grim exclaims in shock.

"Um yeah," Sereia says, blushes.

"Sereia, is that really you?" Ace asks.

Sereia nods her head in reply.

"You're... You're a mermaid?!" Deuce says, stunned.

"Um yeah. I can actually change into a mermaid at will, but it will only work when I go in the water," Sereia says, blushing a bit.

"Aww, you look really cute. I didn't know you could turn into a mermaid," Briar says.

"How come you never told us?" Jasper asks.

Sereia blushes a bit and says, "I'm a little shy about it."

"In any case, we should get going and find the museum," Briar says.

And with that, the group begins to swim across the sea to find the museum. It's struggling for Grim because it's known that Grim can't swim. Sereia helps Grim especially, and swims faster under water than she can run on land.

Soon enough, the group is able to find a large building with some pillars and such. It's almost like a palace.

Deuce notices, "Hey, check it out."

"That's it, yeah? The Atlantica Memorial Museum?" Ace says.

"It's so pretty," Sereia says.

"It looks like a palace," Tanzanite says.

Then Grim notices merpeople either guarding the doors of the museum, swimming inside the museum, or swimming around the area

"Myah! Look at all these guys with fish tails instead of legs! Just like Sereia," Briar says.

"Are those...mermen?" Deuce asks.

And is amazed, "Wow. There really ARE people out there who live underwater."

"That's amazing," Tanzanite says.

"Kind of cool," Jasper says.

Suddenly, two strange long tailed figures swim over them.

And then, they hear a voice, and all too familiar, "Eeeyyy! There you are, Little Shrimpy and co.!"

Followed by another familiar voice, "Good day, everyone. How are you liking it here under the sea?"

Grim recognizes them, "Those voices... It's the lookalike brothers!"

Just then, the twins, Floyd and Jade swim towards them. However, they look very different, they have fins and scales, and even long tails.

"Got it in one!" Floyd happily ays.

Everyone is beyond shocked to see what they look like.

"Why'd you look like that?!" Jack asks.

"Whaddaya mean?" Floyd questions.

And swims up to them, especially circles around Briar and Sereia, "This is how we normally look. After all, we're mermen."

"You are?!" Briar asks, shocked.

"But... but you have legs at school..." Sereia says, shocked.

Then Jade says, "We use potions to change our forms when we're on land. After all, we can hardly walk on solid ground with these tailfins."

"Dude, they're long! How tall—uh, I mean, how LONG are you?" Ace asks, shocked.

Then Deuce asks, "Are you some kind of sea serpent?"

"Solid guess, but nope. We're morays," Floyd says.

Then Grim says, "Who cares what they are? I wanna know why they're here!"

"Yeah. We're just doing what your boss asked," Jasper adds.

Floyd laughs with a smile, "Aha ha. That's easy. We're here to get in your way."

"I shoulda known," Ace says.

Briar crosses her arms, "Why am I not surprised that Azul is not going to make this easy for us.

"It wouldn't do for you to complete your challenge too easily," Jade says.

"If you're looking for a fight," Jasper says and brings out his magepen, "It's a fight you're going to get."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 658 28
Lia only ever wanted to be the best Pokémon caretaker in the Galar region like her mother. With the support of her god-brother, she was well on her w...
20.6K 929 26
From being reincarnated into a rich girl with abusive parents in a world full of fantasies and magic (and Disney apparently), she could only imagine...
33.4K 1.3K 31
Azul needs help recovering from his past and romancing a pretty girl. I do not own Twisted Wonderland or any of its characters. They belong to Disney...
2.9K 97 22
❝𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌.❞ One never stops dreaming of a happy ending. A collection of one shots on the characters of t...