Is this what you call love?

By ryeji4life

Ryujin suffers from PTSD. Yeji works as a hostess. I know I need to work on my description but I don't even... More

Prologue
1-R
2-R
3-R
4-Y
5-R
6-R
7-Y
8-R
9-R
10-Y
11-R
12-Y
13-R
14-R
15-Y
16-R
17-R
18-R
19-Y
20-Y
21-R
22-R
23-Y
24-R
25-R
26-Y
27-Y
28-R
29-R
30-Y
31-R
32-Y
33-Y/R
34-R
35-Y
36-R
38-R
39-Y
40-R
41-R
42-Y
43-Y
44-R
45-Y
46-R
47-Y
48-Y
49-R
50-Y
51-Y
52-R
53-R
54-Y
55-Y
56-R
57-R
58-Y
59-R
60-Y
61-Y
62-R
63-Y
64-R
65-Y
66-R
67-Y
68-R/Y
69-R
70-Y
71-R

37-Y

1.5K 112 76
By ryeji4life

We made it to my apartment and I was happy to see that Felix and Ryujin was already here but I'm taking a shower right now since I probably smell like the bar.

Ryujin greeted me by showing me the chess set that her aunt gave her. She looked so happy like a little kid but she said this time it's something that she can use because her aunt already got her the same thing before but forgot about it.

She was even excited to share her aunt's spaghetti with me. I really love how Ryujin reacts whenever she sees me. She makes me feel so wanted.

I finish my shower and quickly get dressed. I don't really know what's going on tonight but there's alcohol and karaoke involve. Since there's gonna be drinking, the three are actually spending the night here.

Chan said he's surprised that Ryujin agreed because she normally doesn't like sleeping in other people's places because she feels strange but I guess she didn't want to be the reason that Felix and Chan can't have fun. The reason she gave kind of made me sad. I thought maybe because she's comfortable with me so she's okay with sleeping at my apartment but I guess that's not the case.

I walk out of my room to look for Ryujin but I don't see her.

"Where's Ryujin?" I ask.

"She's in Chaeryeong's room with your sister. She didn't like the karaoke because it was too loud" Lia answers.

I walk into Chaeryeong's room to find the two laughing while playing chess. I guess Ryujin found someone to play with.

"Hi Yeji" Ryujin does her wave that I find so cute.

I sit on the floor next to them.

"Who's winning?" I ask.

"We've already played multiple rounds and Ryujin won every single time. I think this time she's letting me play longer since it's taking longer for her to checkmate me" Jinni is starting to look competitive.

"I'm just giving you more chances. If you practice then you'll get better. I'm watching your moves then I'll give you pointers after the game to help you for future matches" Ryujin explains.

"Not gonna lie though, this is pretty fun" Jinni chuckles.

I continue to just watch them because it's kind of nice for me to see them get along well. I've always thought that whoever I will date will see Jinni as their little sister too and care for her like I do.

I'm not sure if Ryujin will see her as that but how she's interacting with her right now is good enough for me.

"Checkmate" I hear Ryujin say to pull me out of my thoughts.

Jinni sighs, "I'll get you someday but since my sister is here, I need a break."

"Thanks, Jinni" I say to my sister. I know she hung out with Ryujin so she won't be alone while everyone goes crazy out there.

"You wanna play?" She ask.

"I'm not very good at it."

"It's okay. Its just for fun" she starts setting up the board so I just go along with it.

"Did you have a good last day? Was Chan nice? Do I need to talk to him? Sometimes he can be too adulty like he likes to give life lessons."

"I did have a good day. I did miss you so I'm happy to be with you now" I try to be sweet to see how she will react.

"I had a talk with my cousin today" she replies so I'm feeling a bit disappointed. I at least thought that she would tell me that she missed me too.

"Yea? About?" I just go along with it.

"What would you like to do for a date?" She ask and my eyes widen. I stare at her, waiting for her to clarify what she means by asking that.

"Like with you?" I slowly say and she nods her head.

"Are you asking me out to actually go on a date with you?" I ask.

"I think so" she answers.

"You think so?" I sound a bit disappointed.

"I like you and I want to be with you, those things I know for sure. I just don't know how to date you. What should we do? What should I do? How do I make you my girlfriend?" She exhales loudly while looking down.

"What changed? I thought you were still figuring things out?" I ask because I want to make sure that she's ready before I get too excited.

"Talking to my cousin and your sister made me think that I should give this a chance. You're the first person I've ever liked so there's something special about you that makes me want to be with you. Maybe it's your grumpy face, the sliding mole on your nose, your soft hands or your smell or your teeth that fits in your mouth perfectly. Maybe it's your beautiful face at first but now I just like you as a whole."

"I also like how nice you are to me. I like how open you are and how accepting you've become. I'm gonna be honest, this might be terrible for you but I will try to be good to you. I'll be the best version of me for you. I don't know if that's good enough for you but I hope it is" she continues.

"You don't have to try to be anything. I just want you to be yourself. I will accept you no matter what. I know it's not gonna be easy but I'll be here for you no matter what" I try to contain my happiness.

"So what should we do on our date? Should I ask my mom to cook for us? I need to schedule with Chan and Felix on the day because my mom doesn't like me using public transportation. My aunt said they went to the movies on their first date. Do you wanna go to the movies?" She starts talking really fast.

"Ryujin" I chuckle to make her stop talking.

"How about let's make today our first date?" I'm smiling really big now.

"But we haven't been together all day" she frowns.

"But we have all night together. You got me flowers and now we're hanging out together while you teach me chess. I'd say this is a good first date" I move to sit closer to her.

"What if you find me too boring?" She looks sad.

I take her hand and she squeezes it right away.

"I really like you, Ryujin. I like you so much so there's no way I would find you boring. We can play games, watch your favorite movies, eat your favorite foods, I'll join you when you play golf and I'll enjoy every single one of those things because I'll be with you. Before you, my life was literally just providing for Jinni and work, that's it."

"I like you too. Can I take a picture of you?" She seems shy.

"Why?" I tilt my head to the side because I do think it's kind of random to ask that in this moment.

"I want to make it as my wallpaper. Isn't that what people that are dating do? I also have no picture of you. I took one of your back before but I deleted it because I didn't have your permission."

I chuckle, "You don't have to ask permission. You're welcome to take pictures of me."

"Okay, you can take pictures of me too" She's smiling big now.

"You have to go back sitting across from me though. We have to play this game" she says with a serious face.

"Okay" I don't argue and I just move.

Only Ryujin would focus on a game when we literally just decided that we're dating each other.

I won't be able to focus on this game anyways. Ryujin just agreed to be with me. I was hopeful but a big part of me was also doubtful that Ryujin would choose to be with me.

"Just to be clear, we're together now, right? I can tell my friends that you're my girlfriend?" I have to make sure because sometimes Ryujin might think it's something different.

She cutely gives me a nod, "You're my girlfriend."

"Is this how it normally works? We just say that we're girlfriends then we're girlfriends? There's no asking? I know you said this is a date but it's not like the date I've seen in the TV" she ask.

"I think it's up to us. Like I said, I consider today as a date. I'm not gonna lie. Every time you and I are alone, I kinda consider those as dates" I embarrassingly admit.

"Okay. Let's play" she claps and I smile because it's a Ryujin thing to just move on like that.

Normally, that would hurt me but now that I know she truly likes me and were together then I'm feeling more secure with her feelings for me.

We begin playing chess and she's trying her best to explain it to me. She's teaching me the names of the pieces and the actual terms of their moves but none of them are clicking. I'm just listening and doing what I think is right. So far, she's not scolding me for doing things wrong so I guess I somewhat understand.

We play a few rounds until she finally decides to head out and see what everyone is doing.

"Are you sad that you were playing with me instead of being out there with your friends?" She ask while packing her chess set.

I shake my head while smiling, "Nope, I see them all the time. I'm happy right here with you."

She finishes packing her stuff. "Can I hold your hand?" She ask while putting her bag on her back.

"Of course" I extend my arms so she can take my hand.

She quickly interlocks our fingers together, "I feel like my heart skips a beat every time I touch you."

I try not to blush at what she said.

"Let's go" I say.

I pull her outside of Chaeryeong's room and were greeted by a drunken mess except for Jinni. She's in the kitchen eating food.

"Your friends have gone crazy but this spaghetti is really good" Jinni says with her mouth full.

"My aunt made it. If you want more, I can always ask her to make some more" Ryujin immediately informs my sister which I think is adorable how she's always offering things to us.

"Yeji! This party is for you but we haven't seen you!" Lia drunkenly say.

"Sssshh! You're being too loud" Yuna says loudly to her girlfriend.

Chan and Felix are also drunk while Chaeryeong is already passed out on the couch.

"I think we came out too late. They're no longer humans" Ryujin whispers to me and I laugh.

"Do you want a drink?" I ask her.

"Alcoholic drink?" She ask.

"If you want."

"I can't. Alcohol is a depressant and that's not good for me but you can drink if you want. Since I'm your girlfriend now, I'll try my best to take care of you if you're drunk" she says while showing her whisker dimples.

"Wait a minute!" Jinni stands up and walks to us. "Girlfriend? You two are now together? As in dating?"

"Yes. Yeji is now my girlfriend" Ryujin confirms before I can say anything.

"Wow, I can't believe it's really happening. I'm so happy for you two. Chaeryeong's room must be magic. My sister went in single and came out taken" Jinni is acting like she's more excited than us.

"You should come to my parent's house again so we can tell them. I'm sure my mom is gonna want you there" Ryujin looks at me.

"Sure, I'll take my friends and Jinni. Chan told me that your mom is waiting to meet them."

"I'm getting tired though, where do I sleep?" Ryujin yawns.

"You can sleep in the bed with my sister. I'll sleep on the floor" Jinni suggest.

"I can't let you do that. That's your bed. I already packed a sleeping bag, I just need you to tell me what space in your apartment am I gonna occupy" Ryujin is too cute.

"Do you want to sleep in my room? There's also Chaeryeong's room" I give her options.

"I'll go to Chaeryeong's room since she's by herself. We shouldn't sleep in the same room if we're dating. That's bad" she crosses her arms.

"How? You slept when I was in the room with you before" I bring up the time at her parent's house.

"That's different. We were just friends. Now we're dating. My dad might think we do stuff if he finds out. He almost freaked out today when he thought I already had sex."

"Okay. I'll help you set up then" I chuckle.

I can't believe that I'm dating Ryujin. I feel so happy tonight. I feel like my life is starting to improve. I can't wait for this new chapter of my life with Ryujin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 8.4K 71
Shin Ryujin the cold,and spoiled brat girl behind the mask Hwang Yeji a nice and humble girl from a poor family Yeji became a maid in the Shin's Mans...
1.4K 114 13
Yeji just moved to the big city and excited to see how she can build her own business. Everything is going well until she meets the woman crossing th...
10.5K 426 14
How can love be so unpredictable? Even if it's somewhere you'd never expect to find it. This is a Jenlisa convert story. Credit give to the rightful...
201K 7.9K 55
Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji were close friends growing up until one began to develop feelings and push the other away, unsure how to handle her emotio...