Sinbound

By ellie_jacobs

The sins of her father could ruin her entire life... Sang Sorenson is an 18 year old high school senior at As... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 16

1.3K 54 0
By ellie_jacobs

"Why are you both coming?" I ask when neither of them says a word. The tension is palpable, and I don't like it.

"North made you cry earlier," Luke says, confirming my theory. I love him so much for being this supportive... but it's really not needed. "I don't want to leave you alone with him again."

"North and I are fine," I say, turning to let him see how serious I'm being. "I don't need you and Brandon to chaperone us."

"You know, I always find it strange how you know it's me and not Corey," Brandon says. "You never hesitate with it, unlike the others."

"Yeah," Luke says, nodding. "How do you do it? I've known them for years and still get confused."

"Hell, you saw what Sean was like earlier," Brandon says, laughing. "And he's our doctor."

I shrug, spinning back around, but that doesn't deter them.

"Ugh, fine," I groan, blushing, but I close my eyes before repeating it. "You have different smells."

"What?" Brandon asks me, confused.

"Corey smells like peppermint," I divulge. "You have an orange smell, with a hint of engine grease."

"No fucking way can you tell that!" Brandon exclaims, shocked.

"What do I smell like, Sang?" Luke asks. I love how he's acting like this is new knowledge—I mentioned it when he came and broke into my house.

"Vanilla and sugar," I murmur.

"North?" Luke asks.

"Nope," I say, sighing. "We're not doing everyone."

"Come on, baby," North pleads. "Tell me mine. I'll not ask for anyone else's."

"Why are you blushing?" Brandon asks.

"I'm not," I argue, not sure how he can see me since I'm not looking at him. "North smells like a light, rich musk, and again, sometimes engine grease."

"Why did that make you blush?" North asks, confused.

"It didn't," I mumble. "How long will we be?"

"Shit," North complains. "I missed the turn." We watch in silence as he readjusts the car and parks it.

"Oops," I say, wanting to make him feel better. "I don't have any shoes."

"My bad," North says. "The toilets are unisex. I'll carry you in."

"No," I mutter. "Can I borrow someone's shoes?"

"Cupcake, our shoes will be humongous," Luke says, laughing at me. I shrug because I'm not budging on this one. Fifteen minutes later, North walks up to the toilet door to pick me up (it took ages to walk in the shoes, and I had to stop and pause every single time the guys laughed at me) to save me from the embarrassment for a second time.

"The others will be disappointed they missed this," Luke says, giggling as we drive back to camp. He found it hilarious, even when North tried to shut him up. I didn't mind. It was ludicrous.

We reach camp quite quickly, compared with the trip over there, and the others are all sitting around a fire. I'm sad I missed building the fire—although I do think that was on purpose. Scavenging for sticks could be fun.

North parks the car, and Brandon lifts me out of my seat and carries me to the group, being mindful of my lack of shoes. He doesn't let go and sits down instead. It's actions like this that make me feel safe and wanted.

"Sang revealed another interesting talent," Luke informs the group.

"What is it?" Mr Blackbourne asks curiously.

"She can smell really well," Luke says, before turning to Gabe, and changing the subject. His short attention span is annoying the others.

"Explain," Mr Blackbourne demands, turning to Brandon.

"The way Sang tells Corey and I apart is because we smell different," Brandon says. They all turn to me surprised, and I blush.

"What do I smell like?" Corey asks, and I should have guessed we'd be playing this game.

"Peppermint," North tells him.

"Let's make s'mores!" I exclaim, causing Victor to laugh. Anything to change the topic.

"Wait," Nathan says, and I sigh, deflating into Brandon. Even the vibrations from him as he chuckles don't quell the pout. "What do I smell like? I'm curious."

"You can tell them apart when they're not even close enough to smell, though," Kota says.

"Well, they also act different," I mutter. "And move different."

"What do you mean?" Axel asks.

"If I see one of them alone and they're not close enough, I can still usually tell them apart," I say softly. "Corey usually wears a t-shirt with shows or something similar. He's a lot calmer and walks different. I don't know how to describe it. I just... know."

"I understand what you mean, Miss Sorenson," Mr Blackbourne comments, and Sean nods too. "Women are more intuitive than men, usually."

"Great. I'm glad that's been settled," Luke says. "Now we can make some s'mores before Gabe demands we play truth or dare." He turns to look at me before saying, "Come sit with me, Cupcake. I want to show you."

"No," North says. "She's fine with Brandon."

"I want to teach her about s'mores," Luke says sadly.

I pull away from Brandon and head over to sit between Luke and Nathan. I haven't had much time alone with Nathan, which needs to change, because I really do like him. I might see if we can spend the day together soon.

"Okay. So, you grab a cracker," Luke says. "Split it in half and put one of the Hershey's kisses between them and then grab a marshmallow."

"Okay," I reply. I do as he says and then turn to him expectantly.

"Now you grab a marshmallow and put it on this stick," Luke says excitedly. I follow his instructions, and when he puts it into the fire, I copy. North's worried gaze meets mine from across the fire, and I give him a reassuring smile. Hopefully, that will relax him. There's no danger here.

"Okay, take it out," Luke says. "Now put it in the crackers."

I pull the stick towards me, and my stupid brain decides to touch the pole.

"Ow," I cry out. I drop the stupid marshmallow and start blowing on my finger. It's okay, just a little tender, but you'd think I'd have cut my arm off by the group's reaction.

"I said the s'mores were going to be a bad fucking idea," North snaps.

"Let me see your hand Pookie," Sean says, pulling my hand away from me and checking it over. It's fine... but I don't hate the care he's giving me. "Let me grab a bottle of cold water, and we can run it over it to cool it down. It seems fine, but I want to take away some of the pain, okay?"

"Thank you," I murmur, and Axel tosses him a bottle of water.

"I'm sorry, Sang," Luke says, looking down at the marshmallow sadly. I don't know if he's more upset at me being burnt or the wasted marshmallow. When his eyes meet mine, the dazed shock reassures me that it is my burn he's most worried about. "I didn't think to explain not to touch the pole."

"It's my own silly fault," I reassure him. "I'm not stupid, and I should have realised the metal ends would heat up. It's not your fault. I'm fine. It's not even sore." It's slightly sore, but a white lie doesn't hurt anyone.

"I'll do you a marshmallow whilst Sean sorts your finger," Nathan tells me.

"Thank you," I say softly. I sit back as Sean runs water over my finger, but the pain is gone now. It wasn't too bad.

"Try it now," Nathan says, handing me one he's made.

"Thank you," I murmur, reaching over for it with my unburnt hand. I grab it from him and thank him before I take a bite. It's very gooey and sugary. It's too sweet. I like marshmallows on their own, usually in hot chocolate or when I'm unwell, but as the main focus in s'mores, they're too much.

"Why do you have a frown on your face?" Luke says. I glance towards him, and he seems betrayed. Sean, Nathan, Luke, and I are the only ones focused on this conversation—the others are talking about some kind of car.

"It's too sweet," I say, shrugging.

"Cupcake no," Luke cries, getting everyone's attention. "You're breaking my heart."

"What's going on now?" Axel asks from across the fire. "Are you okay, Sang?"

"Sang doesn't like s'mores," Sean tells him, causing the group to burst out laughing.

"Good," North says, winking at me.

"I'm not as big of a sugar fan as you," I tell Luke softly.

"It's fine," he says sadly, looking anything but.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Stop being a baby Luke," Gabe teases. "Okay, it's now time to play truth or dare."

"Do you want something else to eat?" Sean asks, forcing himself into a space between Luke and me. I can't help but giggle at Luke's complaints, but I don't feel the same. I rest my head on Sean's shoulder, feeling a little chilly.

"I'm okay," I reply.

"Okay, so Trouble, do you know how to play?" Gabe asks, breaking from his conversation with Mr Blackbourne.

"Yes," I say, nodding. "Kota explained it in the car."

"If Sang doesn't want to answer a question or do a dare, she owes the person asking the question a personal favour," Kota says. "She's not drinking."

"Nobody is going to deliberately ask mean questions, or else they're banned from playing," Mr Blackbourne continues.

"Great," Gabe says, smiling. "Who wants to go first?"

"Me," Luke asks, smirking at his brother. "North. Truth or dare."

"Truth," he says, rolling his eyes.

"Are you really afraid of the dark?" Luke asks, giggling, but I don't find the humour in it. Instead, I close my eyes and wait for it to be over. I don't really want to rehash this again. Can't we just forget about it?

"No," North snaps. "My turn. Sang Baby?"

"Yes?" I ask, almost hesitantly. I trust him, but I'm not sure about this game.

"Truth or dare," he says, rolling his eyes once again. "Come on, baby, I thought you knew how to play."

"Truth," I say.

"If you could have one present, what would you want?" North asks me, causing Brandon and Silas to burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry?" I ask, unsure. I don't understand the joke.

"That's cheating, North," Kota says. "New question or you forfeit your turn."

"He can't think of a Christmas present for you," Brandon says, and I grin.

"Oh," I say, elongating the 'o' sound gleefully. "You don't need to get me anything, honestly."

I blush when they all groan as one. Even Mr Blackbourne. What?

"She's not answering your question," Luke says, shaking his head. "If we need to think of something, so do you."

"Fine," North groans, winking at me to show he's not upset. "Let me ask a real question then. Oh, okay, Sang Baby, what's the most annoying thing about Luke?"

"That's a shit question," Gabe says.

"It's his turn," Kota says, shrugging when Luke turns his gaze to him.

"Sometimes we can be in the middle of a conversation together, and he zones out," I say softly, causing them to laugh. "Then it takes a while to snap him out of it."

"Wow, Cupcake," Luke mutters, but the grin on his face shows me he's not truly upset. "That didn't take you long."

"She could have said your voice," Nathan says teasingly.

"Or his face," North mutters, causing me to giggle. Their easy-going jokes are one of the things I love most about this group.

"I'm glad you're giggling again," Sean whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

Me too.

After about an hour of truth or dare, I can see Miss Sorenson is starting to get tired even though she's trying to hide it. She's leaning into Sean more heavily, and when Nathan moved her legs onto his lap, she didn't resist. The game has brought forward some fascinating truths, and she hasn't had to do too many dares. No, the group is more interested in learning about her than pressuring her to do something silly.

We've learnt that Miss Sorenson had never been kissed until Raven stole her first kiss and that she's a virgin—which is unsurprising after learning he was her first kiss. She explained where her first name came from—her paternal grandmother—which was a piece of information I never even knew I needed to know about her.

"Let's pack up and head to bed," I declare and as soon as Gabe pouts at me, I motion to Miss Sorenson. Unsurprisingly, he quickly changes his mind. She doesn't understand the effect she has on this group, and I really doubt she ever will.

Not the severity anyway.

"Sounds good," North says, standing up.

He, too, has realised how tired Miss Sorenson is, and he wants her in bed. Axel, North and I make quick work clearing up the area and putting out the fire whilst Kota, Marc and Brandon sort out the rooms. Sean and Nathan are still sitting with Miss Sorenson, and I make a mental note to find out who she's still unsure with. I know some of the team only met her recently, but that doesn't mean they've had an equal chance with her. Nathan hasn't had a lot, neither has Kota. I'll check in with the team during the next family meeting.

"Are you ready for bed Miss Sorenson?" I ask, crouching down in front of her. She's been clutching onto Sean as we tidied, but now she lets him go and sits up. The shy smile on her face affects me in ways I don't want to think too closely about.

"Yes," she mumbles sleepily. I tug her into my arms before standing. Hopefully, she's too tired to listen to the remarks Raven's making, but he's just earned the group an hour for it.

The tent we have is a custom-built one that can either be separated into two different tents or combined into one large one. The two separate tents are fit for twelve people, with five rooms—four bedrooms and a kind of living space in the centre. When the second tent is joined on—like it is now—it makes the area a lot bigger. From floor to roof, the tent is eight-foot, meaning even the tallest members of our team can stand comfortably. Each room can fit two single airbeds or one double airbed.

I have my own room, although I end up sharing with Sean more often than not. However, tonight I'm lucky enough to share with Miss Sorenson.

Brandon and Marc are in one room, Luke and Gabe in another, and Victor and Sean in the last one in my tent. Somehow I ended up with all four of the children on the team, and I still get the better deal. Axel has Kota and Nathan in one room, North and Silas in another, which leaves Corey and Raven in the last one.

Corey and Raven are such bad tent partners because they tend to ignore the fact that we're in extremely close proximity to each other and in a tent because they tend to enjoy themselves. No... they tend to enjoy each other more than themselves.

I lay Miss Sorenson down on the air mattress as soon as we get into my room. I've got a large sleeping bag that is two joined together, so it should be enough to fit us comfortably. I just don't know if she'll be happy cuddling with me.

"I have two large sleeping bags joined together," I say quietly. "Do you want to share that with me, or would you prefer your own?"

She looks at me, and the blank expression on her face doesn't inspire confidence. I should have just gotten hers for her.

"Yours is fine," she says sleepily, and I sigh in relief.

"Climb in," I command, pissed at myself for being so hesitant. She heads to the top and gets in the sleeping bag laying her head down immediately. Her natural submissive nature is something I love—and I'm sure I'm not alone in that—and it makes me appreciate the times when she's more forward.

I debate on whether to put clothes on (or just stay in my boxers) but figure a t-shirt and shorts would be best. If I get too warm, I'll turn the heating off the sleeping bag. Once again, I'm doubting every decision, scared to make the wrong move.

I climb in the sleeping bag too, and almost immediately, Miss Sorenson comes closer. I take the hint and put my arms around her. One of my arms is under her head, and the other wrapped around her side. Her head is on the pillow, and she's out easy breathing.

I don't know how long I lie there watching her, trying to understand what I did to earn this trust. She didn't hesitate, and it's the fact that this is sleepy Sang. She's let down her guard, and she's seeking me out. This perfect, tiny little creature wants me.

Me! She wants to be with me.

I'm unsurprised when Sean unzips my door and creeps in. His attempt at being quiet is sweet but shows me again how much he cares about her.

"You two okay?" he asks, grinning at me.

"Yes," I reply, keeping my voice quiet.

"Did she settle?" Sean asks me, worried. "I know she can worry."

"She settled fine," I say. My exasperation is genuine, even if I appreciate where he's coming from.

"Are you two cuddling?" he asks, sounding amused.

"Sean," Miss Sorenson mutters, still half asleep. It's a good thing she told him off because I was about to kick him out. It's always nicer coming from Sang. "Either come in and go to sleep or take Mr Blackbourne with you and have your conversation outside. I'm trying to sleep."

It seems Miss Sorenson gets grumpy when she's tired. I like it.

"Don't need to ask me twice," Sean says, smirking.

I roll my eyes when he glances at me to check if I'm okay with him joining us. Sean is my closest friend. There is nobody else I'd rather share this moment with (other than my thirteen other brothers). He climbs in, and Miss Sorenson adjusts herself so that she's pressed against Sean's stomach and cuddled into mine. Even in her sleep, she's considerate. With Miss Sorenson wrapped up in my arms and the sound of Sean's breathing, I drift off to sleep.

Last night was a good night, and Kota is still passed out. There's nothing like a night of drinking and games to make this group pass out. I woke up about ten minutes ago when there was a rustling noise, and I've been waiting for someone to come back in. I thought they were going to take a piss, but I don't think that's the case.

I creep out of my room, and I can't see any of the zippers down. Did I mishear the noise? I shrug and walk out of the tent, heading over to where we were last night. Surprisingly, I see Sang sitting on her own on one of the chairs. I'm surprised she got out of bed without waking Owen. I also don't like the fact that she's out here alone.

"Good morning," I say.

"Hi Nathan," she replies, and my eyebrows fly up.

She must have heard me coming or something because she never jumped when I spoke. I head over to the chair near her and sit myself down, coolly regarding her. She's still wearing that short dress thing—Gabe knows the technical term, I just reap the benefits—but she does have on some slippers this morning.

Surprisingly, she climbs off her chair and heads towards me, a shy look on her face. Despite her fixing my leg (under Sean's supervision, sure), we've not been very close since, so I'm surprised she wants to sit with me.

"Can I sit with you?" she asks me, her voice low and vulnerable. I don't know if she did it on purpose or she really was worried I would reject her, but it tugs on something within me. Silly girl.

"Of course, you can," I reply, pulling her onto my lap. I'd never turn her away.

"What do you like to do in your free time?" Sang asks me softly. "I read your questionnaire—thanks for that, by the way—and I saw you liked martial arts. Is there a specific one you enjoy, or do you do more than one?"

"I probably like jujitsu most," I say, musing it over. That's a good question, to be honest. "But I truly enjoy any kind of physical activity."

Especially the kind you do in the bedroom. Fuck. No Nathan.

She moves on my lap, and I have to hold in my groan. That did not help. Stop thinking about Sang underneath you in your bed, Nathan. I cannot sport a fucking erection whilst she's sitting on my lap—no matter how much she moves.

"Exercise is good for you, I suppose," she says, and I laugh.

"Do you not like excising?" I ask, and she shrugs.

"Do you prefer running or swimming?" Sang asks.

"Swimming," I reply, tugging on her braid. "You?"

"Running is awful," she says, giggling. Called it. Boot camp is going to kill her. "Swimming can be fun, though."

"We should go swimming some time together," I say, surprised that she's into swimming. It doesn't help the way I'm feeling, because her in a tiny dress is bad enough... Sang in a bikini might send me to an early grave.

"That would be fun," she exclaims. Fun... "Okay, I like this game. Next question: what is your favourite kind of fruit?"

"Strawberries," I say, barely resisting kissing the exposed skin on her shoulder. She's so cute. "What about you?"

"Any kind of fruit, really," she says, shrugging. "Kiwis maybe, if I had to pick."

"My turn for a question," I say. "If you could have one superpower, what would it be?"

"Any superpower?" she asks. "Like, do I get to pick the limitations and stuff too?"

"Yes," I say, my surprised tone making my pitch increase a few notches.

"The power of healing," she says softly. "I want to be able to help as many people as I can, and if I could heal something like cancer, I'd be happy."

Okay, that was such a Sang answer. She's far too sweet and kind. No wonder the academy wants her. Like you're giving the gift of anything, and her mind immediately goes to helping someone.

"You're amazing," I say breathlessly.

"Thank you," she says, blushing. "Okay, same question. What would your superpower be?"

"I feel my answer is shit now," I mutter, but she looks up at me with her wide, doe-eyed bright green eyes, and I sigh.

"What is it?" she asks gently. "I want to know everything about you, Nathan. I feel like I have so much to catch up on with you all, and I know there are fourteen of you, but I've got a good memory."

"I get that," I say. I really do. It must be hard for her to come into our group since it's so established. We can have conversations without saying any words, we can be asked a question about something we did together in the past, and all of us could say the exact same question, and we're closer than even those who share blood. There are fourteen people wanting to get to know her. Yes, the attention must be difficult for her... she's got to do the same questions and have the same conversations repeatedly.

"Please," she murmurs, drawing me from my thoughts.

"I'd never deny you anything," I say, caressing her knee slightly. I'm rewarded with a small gasp, and I grin. "So, for my superpower, I'd really like to be super strong."

"Hmm, I could see that," she says, smiling. "You could do a lot of good with that power."

"What about the others?" I ask. "What do you think they'd want to do?"

"Luke would probably pick invisibility," she tells me. "I think he'd enjoy that for when he breaks into houses."

"That's accurate," I say, laughing. She's got Luke nailed down.

"I think that Gabe might want," Sang starts, but the others leaving the tent distracts her. "Good morning!"

"I didn't feel you sneak out," Sean complains, coming to sit with us. That's surprising because I didn't realise Sean joined them last night.

"Unlike someone, I know how to be quiet when people are sleeping," Sang teases. What?

"I was quiet," he mutters. "You just have better ears than a bat."

"Hmm," she says, noncommittally.

"Shall I start breakfast?" North asks, and I nod. Sang makes no move to get up even when Gabe, Luke, Axel, Brandon, Marc, Silas, and Owen join the rest of us. Kota stayed for a second before heading to the main building—it doesn't take a genius to know what he's doing.

Victor must still be sleeping, along with Corey and Raven.

"Sang Baby," North calls. She turns to look at him. "Would you go wake Corey and Raven, please?"

"Sure," she says, getting up from my lap and heading into the tent. I can't help but watch her walk away, already feeling the loss of her in my arms. It's so weird, but having her sit with me as the group arrived, felt natural. We're all fucking obsessed.

"How come you ended up with Sang and Owen last night, doc?" I ask curiously.

"Sang told me I needed to either shut up and get into bed or take Owen and go away. I wasn't going to turn down an invite," Sean says, laughing. "Pookie gets very bossy when she's tired." I glance over at Owen, who confirms it.

"I can't imagine her being grumpy," Silas muses. "Aggele mou is perfect."

"No one is disputing that, Si," North says, rolling his eyes. "We're just saying she's human too."

"Well, considering you made her cry at least twice yesterday," Luke says antagonistically. "You can keep your opinions about Sang to yourself North."

"Nobody brings up the time you made her cry," North snaps.

"I made her cry by giving her a pretty bracelet," Luke says, not even rising to the argument. "The two instances aren't comparable. But hey, we could always mention it to Uncle and see which one of us he's pissed at."

"You're right," North replies. "I'm sorry."

"Forgiven," Luke says happily.

Sang rushes out of the tent, not even two minutes passed since she entered, and her face is bright red. She trips, and luckily, Axel catches her, and when he lifts her, she wraps her legs around his waist and puts her head into the crook of his neck.

"Sang, you need to be careful lit... you nearly fell," he chastises. We all catch the nickname he nearly called her, but she doesn't even lift her head.

"What happened?" Brandon asks.

"Sang?" Axel says, rubbing her back gently. She shakes her head but refuses to say anything. What the fuck?

"Sang," Corey calls, coming out at a more leisurely pace. "I'm sorry, sunshine."

"What the fuck did you do?" North snaps, being backed up by Brandon.

"Let me take her," Corey pleads.

"I'm fine," Sang says, her voice super high pitched. I don't understand what's happening, but Owen is laughing, so I think he's already pieced it together. That helps me relax a little, and then when Raven exits, looking smug, we all groan.

"Malen'kaya ptitsa," Raven coos. Actually coos. "It's only natural."

"I-I-I um no I-I don't," Sang stutters, causing us to laugh.

"Corey?" North demands.

"Sang saw Raven and me in a compromising position," he says, going bright red. "She's so light on her feet we didn't hear her." Idiots.

We all burst into laughter except Sang, North and Owen. Axel hands Sang to North to stop him from punching Raven or Corey, but also because he's far too amused. He nearly dropped her in his hysterics, and that would only anger North more.

"Why are you so embarrassed?" Raven asks Sang. "I don't understand."

"I've never seen one before," she moans, her face still bright red. "Then to interrupt your intimate moment."

"Oh, sweetheart, don't worry about that," Corey says softly. Most of us still haven't calmed down, but I'm enjoying her reaction. "Raven needs to stop taking all your firsts."

"What's going on?" Kota asks, walking up with Victor. Oh, maybe they went to the bathroom together. This only sends us into another round of laughter, though, because Sang's blush deepens.

North passes Sang over to Victor as he goes back over to finish cooking breakfast. I've noticed we don't even think about it most of the time, but we all share her affections easily and without complaint. I have no doubt that there will be a time where one of us needs more time with her, or when she's gotten a little comfortable with one person, but I really do think we'll be able to handle it.

"Sang walked in on Raven and Corey doing anal," Gabe says between laughing. "How the fuck is this our morning?"

"Stop," Sang moans, and I can't see where her blush ends. She's mortified.

"Breakfast is done," North announces, and that sobers the group up. "I grilled sausages and bacon. There are bread buns, so who wants what?"

Everyone gives their order, and I notice Sang doesn't ask for anything. I don't know if she's worried about taking food that someone else could eat or what, but it needs to stop. We need her to be healthy.

"What are you eating, Sang?" North asks. She's still in Victor's arms, but he's sitting in the chair next to me now. She's blushing at the attention, but that's something she'll learn to deal with in time. I get the impression she's not ever been the focus of someone's attention for long, and we're all obsessed with her.

"Anything," she mumbles. I nod, but North continues to stare at her. What is he doing?

"Bacon, please," she says softly. "Only a little bit."

"Sure thing," North placates. Well, clearly, he knew what he was doing. He returns a minute later with two bread buns with about six bits of bacon in each. There's not a chance she'll hear that.

"Thank you," Sang says quietly. I watch as she waits for him to get comfortable and talking to Silas before she removes three bits of bacon from one bun and adds ketchup. I don't know why I find her so fascinating.

Victor's eating around her, talking away to Kota, and everyone's in their small little groups. It's been a while since we've all been together for breakfast, but I like it.

By the time we all finish, Sang has eaten most of her first bun. Most being the keyword. She quickly finishes it off, but by the nervous glance at the second one, I can tell she's full.

"Eat another piece of bacon," I say quietly. "Then I'll eat the rest for you."

"Thank you," she mumbles, a grin on her face. "North forgets I'm just little and don't need to eat as much as him."

I know you're only little peanut, but you're still not eating enough. I think small meals more often might benefit her more than three big meals a day. I'll speak to Sean about it and see what he thinks. After all, I'm just starting my nutrition course, and he's a doctor.

"He's a giant," I tease her. "I don't even eat as much as him." That's a lie, but it made her giggle.

"He really is," she replies. "His power would be size enhancement."

This makes me roar with laughter. Sang is so fucking funny, especially when she doesn't mean to be.

"What's so funny?" Luke demands, and the others tune in. "Nathan?"

"Sang and I have spent the morning discussing what superpowers we think that we would all have," I tell the team, wiping the tears away. "Sang has just determined North would want size enhancements."

As expected, the team begins to laugh. Owen gives a shake of the head, but I can see the grin.

"Do you really think I need to be bigger, Sang?" North asks, faking being wounded. "I'm six foot three."

"Well, yes, you're already pretty big, but I do think you would want to be bigger if you could," she says, thoughtfully.

It's the way she's seriously considering it, and genuinely doesn't mean it offensively, that makes it so fucking hilarious.

"Do I need to be bigger, Aggele?" Silas asks, an eyebrow raised.

"No," Sang says, shaking her head. "You're big enough."

I can't stop laughing, especially since her words have only puffed Silas up. She's so innocent.

"Thanks, Baby," North says sarcastically. "I appreciate the thought."

"You're welcome," she replies, smiling. He shakes his head, but the smile on his shows he doesn't care.

"What superpower would you want, Princess?" Victor asks, just as she eats her bacon.

"Sang wants healing powers," I tell the group, and she shoots me a grateful smile. "To help as many people as possible."

"You're very sweet," Owen says, and I can't tell whether he's surprised or not.

"Then you could work with me, Pookie," Sean exclaims. "That would be amazing."

"We determined Luke would want invisibility," I add.

"That's very true," Luke says. "Imagine how much more I could do if I could turn invisible."

"Interesting," North says, rolling his eyes. "So, Sang can heal things, Luke can turn invisible, and I get an even bigger dick."

At this comment, Sang begins to choke on her bacon and North's face fills with regret. Sean hands her some water, and she swallows it down as we all anxiously wait for her to recover.

"I didn't mean that," Sang says, gasping. "Why does this keep happening to me?" This causes another round of laughter, and she blushes that gorgeous shade of red.

"Poor, Pookie," Sean says teasingly. "Ignore them. They're dirty-minded, and I didn't think that." Fucking liar. But he succeeded in his goal because Sang moves from Victor to go sit with him. After pressing a kiss to the side of her head, he winks at us from above her.

Smug asshole.

"What's the plan for today?" Corey asks. "When do we need to be done here?"

"No idea," Owen replies. "Nobody has anything scheduled with the Academy, so it's just whatever we want to do."

"We could do something fun together," Sang says excitedly. "It's the first official day of winter break today."

"I have a shift at the hospital," Sean says sadly.

"Oh no," Sang replies, her face falling.

"But you guys go do something," he says. "I really don't mind."

"Are you sure?" Sang asks him nicely, reaching up and cupping his cheek. "We could do something together on your next day off instead."

"Yes. I'm positive," he says, pressing a kiss to her nose. It's so sweet it's almost sickening, but then she giggles, that super cute high-pitched giggle, and it makes me smile, instead. "Let's pack up and head back home. You can decide in the car."

"Sang, come play in our car," Raven says, causing her to go red again.

"No," North snaps. "You're not traumatising her further."

"It's fine," Sang replies.

"I'll not—" Raven begins, but Luke cuts him off with a slashing motion.

"It's done with," Luke says, his tone warning us to drop it. "Stop bringing it up."

"Yes," Sang agrees, smiling gratefully at Luke.

I feel like they already have a close bond, and I'm already behind them. I know it's not a competition, but I still crave that level of connection with her. I need to make more of an effort with her so that I'm not left behind.

As we begin packing up and sorting the campsite out to leave, I watch as Sang flits from person to person and makes sure she spends a little time with each of us. She's not even clued in on the eventual relationship we'd like to have with her, but she already acts so naturally.

We were really fucking lucky that Mr Anderson decided to intervene in her life because I already can't imagine my life without this blonde angel.

Owen, Kota, Sean, and I are the only ones in our car on the way back, and it's a sharp change from the drive up here. It's tense and uncomfortable, and we all miss Sang. She did decide to join Corey, Raven and Brandon in their car, despite North's complaints. Truthfully, he wasn't the only one with complaints, but he was more than willing to be the one to voice them.

"Okay," I say. "I've been thinking."

"About?" Owen asks a few minutes later. I don't know how to approach this conversation, but he already seems to know what's going on. I think he just needs me to say it out loud.

"I don't think I want to co-lead anymore," I tell him, and he gives one slow nod. That was helpful. "I've got so much going on at the aquarium, and I've just got a research grant which means more time there. Plus... we've got Sang now. I can't cut back at work, and I don't want to constantly be missing out on things at home with Sang to make sure I'm staying on top of paperwork. I can't have it all, and I love my work."

And I think I could love Sang one day. It's new and exciting, and I really don't want to be missing out on figuring out things with her when I'm not there. Plus, this morning, she triggered a part of me that I always struggle to contain, and I don't have it in me to be away from her.

Sang's a magnet for trouble, and even though we've not discussed this... I can't not be there for her. In whatever capacity she'll have me.

"I understand," Owen says slowly. Does he, though?

"Have I got my priorities fucked up?" I ask when he doesn't elaborate.

"No," Owen replies, shaking his head slightly. "Not at all. You do important work at the aquarium. Naturally, sometimes you're needed there more than other times, and I understand that. Then your free time should be spent with the family. Why work so hard assigning cases, doing reports and so on if you don't get to enjoy some downtime? If you're picking up there, and we're only going to be increasing our workload... something needs to give so that you can be happy."

"If you stopped being co-lead, would you be happier?" Kota asks, and I mull it over. As much as I've thought about having less responsibility, I've never actually stopped to think about that in particular.

Would losing the level of control I've had since I joined the academy make me happier?

I'd like to say no, but I think about how good it felt to have Sang in my arms after she fell, and just thinking about that future together... yes. Giving up one element of control doesn't mean I need to give it all up.

"Yes," I say decisively. "I really do think so. I feel like I've been dead weight for a few weeks, and when I met Sang the other day, it's kind of cemented the thought. This hasn't been something I woke up and decided today, but something that's been brewing for the last couple of weeks."

"I get it," Owen says, but by the look on his face, I know he doesn't. "We can do it as a trial. In say eight or twelve weeks, we can reassess how you're feeling, and if you want to resume your position, we can talk it through. I don't want you dropping it, and then in four weeks realising you hate not being in control."

"Sounds good," I say quietly. "Can you manage to do the job alone for the foreseeable?" I scoff before he can answer, causing Kota to laugh. "Never mind, forget I asked."

"What is that meant to mean?" Owen asks, affronted.

"Owen, honey," Sean says teasingly, even going as far to reach forward to pat his shoulder. "You're even worse than Kota with your micro-organising and micromanaging. You could singlehandedly manage an entire football team worth of players without panicking. What Axel meant is there's no need to worry about your capabilities because we know you'll effortlessly slide into the position."

"I mean, I wouldn't say I'm bad with organising," Kota mutters.

"Kota, you literally count as a way to calm yourself down," Sean says, rolling his eyes. "How I always end up in this car is beside me. I'm far too fun for you, logics."

"Fine," Owen says. "I can cope on my own, but that doesn't mean I need to if you want to come back, Axel. Think about it, and we'll see."

"Good," I say. "I don't think we'll need to reassess, but if it makes you happy, that's fine."

"It will," Owen says, not budging. "We can inform the team tomorrow night at the next team meeting. I think there'll be a few points to bring up."

"Okay," I say, smiling.

The rest of the journey is filled with discussion of things that need to be handed over—mainly just schedules and assignment details—and when we reach the apartment, I step out of the car as a team member and not a team liaison.

We're the last to arrive, which is unsurprising since Owen took a detour to make sure we covered everything we needed to. We head upstairs, and Owen sends out a mass message to meet at his apartment once we're showered and ready to choose something to do. North responds and says to meet at his place because Sang is in the bath.

Good thing I can make my shower cold.

We reach the apartment, and North pulls in behind us, delighting Raven that we won the race. I'm so not against it being a competition when we win, but I'd hate to be on the losing team.

Who knew I was so competitive?

"What are we doing?" Corey asks, leaning against the elevator wall.

"I'm presuming showering before whatever we decide to do," Gabe says. "I'm not sure, to be honest. We've got the full day, though."

"Good plan," North declares, and we all look at him confused. We didn't actually decide on anything. "Showering, I mean. Then we can meet up at our place and figure out the day's plans."

"Shower with me and Corey malen'kaya ptitsa," Raven says, and I freeze. What?

The elevator doors open, and Silas' arm flies out to stop the doors from closing as they wait to see if I'm okay. I can see the regret in Raven's face, and I know he didn't mean a, um, naked shower with Corey and him. I hope.

"Not this time," I say quietly. "I don't have clothes here."

"You do," Gabe admits. "I went out and bought clothes to put in each of our apartments so that no matter where you went, you had an outfit. That way, you didn't need to stress about making go bags."

"Thank you, Meanie," I say, throwing my arms around him. "Seriously, I can't believe you went to all that effort."

"You're always welcome," he replies, pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"Where are you going, Sang?" Brandon asks as I pull back.

"I want a bath," I admit. "So, whoever has one and doesn't mind me using it."

"Come with us," North says. "We have a big one."

"Okay," I say, shrugging. It sounds good to me. I hug each of the guy's goodbye as they get off the elevator, and only Brandon thanked Silas for keeping the doors open.

"I'll be up in thirty," Gabe warns me, and I nod.

"I'm going to unload the cars," North says once the doors are shut. "I'll shower after."

"I'll help," Silas offers. "But we'll get you settled first, Sang."

"Thanks, bro," North says, looking to Luke sceptically. Luke's been quiet for most of the elevator ride, and I don't know why. He just seems happy, lost in his own thoughts, so I don't want to bug him.

They join us at the apartment first, and North gets me a towel before leaving, and Luke goes into the other bathroom. It's nice that they're happy to leave me alone in their apartment, with their things.

I quickly fill the tub after stealing some of their bubble liquid. I know I should tell them about about my shower aversion soon, but it doesn't harm anything, and I've dealt with it for years already. Gabe's upset at me going in the bath yesterday only highlighted this. I honestly don't know what I am going to do about it at camp because I doubt there are anything but showers.

I sit covered in the bath, bubbles up to my neck, and it's nice just to be able to relax. North grabbed me a loofah and some shower gel before leaving, and I leisurely wash my body. It's only been about fifteen minutes when Luke knocks on the door, much to my surprise. How is he already done?

"Can I come in?" he asks.

"Sure," I say, not moving since I'm fully covered. He enters and sits on the toilet seat, giving me a dazed grin.

"Thank you for being such a good friend," I tell Luke softly. He smiles and leans over to kiss my forehead before sitting back.

"I will always be a good friend," he promises. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"Something new," I say, thinking about it. "What's something Nathan enjoys? Or Raven?"

"Paintball!" Luke exclaims. "Oh, that'll be amazing. I can't wait to see you in a pink pretend gun. The others are going to go wild."

"I was excited about trying that," I say, grinning. "But can all of us play?"

"Yep," he says reassuringly. "There's modes where you can do group games, and some competitions too. Basically, one is where we're in two teams, and you hunt each other whilst rescuing a flag. There are different rules depending on the game type, but it's interesting, and we all enjoy it."

"Does it hurt?" I ask.

"A little bit," he says, shrugging. "But that's part of the fun."

"I want to do it," I announce. "I think it'll be just what we need to finish off our camping trip."

"It should be fun," he replies before smirking at me. Luke's handsome at the best of times, but when he smirks, it gives me butterflies. "You need to convince North first."

"North," I shout, wanting to ask now. There's no point getting excited if he vetoes the idea.

"He's at the car," Luke informs me, and I shake my head. "He is."

"He isn't," I argue, and I can't help the smug grin when North enters the room.

"What is going on here?" he asks, and I turn slightly to see a distant look on his face.

"Sit," I command.

"Where?" he asks, and I motion forward in a vague direction. I did not think the command through. He rolls his eyes before sitting at the edge of my bath.

If everything wasn't covered and if this were the first time one of them was here whilst I was in the bath, I would be nervous. Thankfully, that's not the case. I'm comfortable—confident—and I trust these men. Their eyes don't stray, they're nice... my mum was a liar.

"I know what I want to do today," I say softly.

"What is it?" he asks, frowning when I don't say anything. "Sang Baby, you don't need to be worried. Talk to me. What's your idea?"

"Paintball," I say, and I see his eyes harden.

"Baby, that shit hurts," he says, and I nod. "I don't want you marked up."

"It's meant to be fun, though," I argue. "Plus, I've never done it before, and it could be fun." When that doesn't convince him—and I really didn't think it would—I pout. I'm not ashamed of this.

"Stop pouting," he snaps, and I know I've won. I continue, and when I take in a breath, it accidentally makes my lip quiver, and he sighs. "Okay. If all of the others agree, we can go paintballing."

"Yay!" I exclaim, grinning immediately. He rolls his eyes, knowing my pout was fake, but that truly doesn't erase my excitement. "Thank you, North Star."

I wrap my arms around him, resting my head on his chest. It's not until Luke gasps that I realise I messed up.

Oops.

I quickly move, so I'm back to being encased by bubbles, and I can feel how red my face is. I don't dare make eye contact with either man, and thankfully, my knight in shining armour—this time it's Gabe—appears and cuts the tension.

"Why are you blushing?" Gabe asks, the door slamming shut behind up.

"I'm not," I reply. I'm a terrible liar. "Could everyone please leave so I can get out? Gabe needs to wash my hair too."

"Okay," North replies, leaning forward and kissing my forehead. His lips linger a moment longer than usual, and the butterflies that were there a few minutes ago have come back with rearing force. Luke winks at me on his way out, and I don't even want to think about the jokes he's making

"Meanie, if you're not leaving, can you please turn around so I can get out?" I ask, softly.

He nods and turns around without complaint, which gives me the time and cover I need to get myself out. I unplug the bath before quickly wrapping a towel around my body. I've decided I love bathing at North's apartment because he always gives me his or Silas' towel, and they're giants, so it's nice to have around me.

Once he's sure I'm covered, Gabe grabs a chair and moves me so that I'm in front of the the sink. Over the next twenty minutes, Gabe washes and dries my hair, not saying a word the entire time. I can see how happy he is doing this, though, how focused he is.

I can't ever remember my mum doing my hair. I've got memories going back to when I was two years old, and yet, I can't think of a time where she sat with me like this.

It's a really nice change. I don't need Gabe doing my hair, but it's so lovely to relax whilst he does.

"Your phone is on the coffee table," Gabe says once he's done. "Go grab it so it can charge whilst we're getting an outfit. Luke filled me in on our plan. I approve."

"Good," I murmur, and I secure the towel around me in case I bump into North or Luke before heading into the living room. I immediately freeze when eight eyes lock in on the movement. Eight!!

"What do you need, Princess?" Victor asks, and since he's the only one blushing like me, it's easy to focus on him.

"I need to charge my phone," I whisper, and he nods.

"I'll sort it," he promises.

"Go get some clothes on, Sang," Brandon commands. I nod and rush from the room.

Gabe has an outfit prepared for me, laid on the bed, which doesn't surprise me. When he said we'd get an outfit, I knew he meant he'd get one, and I'd be the one wearing it.

I love it, though. Both the act and the outfit he's chosen. It's like a spy outfit. No. It's not like a spy outfit... it is a spy outfit! I seriously can't wait until I get to do academy cases because my wardrobe is going to get so much more diverse.

The outfit Gabe's chosen is so simple but so exciting. A long-sleeved, thick, black turtleneck and a pair of leggings with a pair of cargo pants to wear over the top. I have a pair of stylish trainers on my feet, and Gabe put my hair into two braids.

Today is going to be so fun. I genuinely can't wait.

"We'll probably go out for food after," Gabe says. "I've got a t-shirt for you to change into and you can wear the leggings with it. I'll take boots for you too. Go play with the boys. I will be back soon, I need to grab your things."

"Want help?" I ask.

"No," he says, grinning. "Don't worry, Trouble, I've got it handled."

"Okay," I say softly before heading out to the group.

"Hey, Princess," Victor says, smiling at me. "Your phone is on charge."

"You look different," Corey says, smiling. "Gabe chose that?"

"Yes!" I exclaim.

"I like it," North says. "You look good."

"Thank you, North Star," I say happily. I can't contain my excitement, something some of the group are noticing but not everyone.

"So, what is the plan for today? Does anyone have anything they want to do?" Mr Blackbourne asks.

"Paintball," Luke and I exclaim together.

"I want to do paintball," Raven admits, after a stunned pause. "Sign me up."

"I'm down," Nathan says. "It should be fun."

"Sure," North says. "But Sang's on my team."

"Seriously?" Brandon asks, doing a dramatic gasp. "How did they get you to agree?"

"Sang was naked in the bath," Luke says, causing me to blush. Am I ever going to have a blush-free day around these men?

"No wonder you wanted her to come up here for a bath," Brandon muses.

"There were bubbles," I tell them. "They couldn't see anything."

"You're comfortable with them being in the room with you in that state, Miss Sorenson?" Mr Blackbourne asks, an eyebrow raised. Is he upset?

"I mean, they don't see anything," I mumble. "They came in the first time, and I thought that it was normal."

"It's fine," Mr Blackbourne says softly. "As long as you're comfortable, that's all I care about."

"Well, she gave North a hug whilst in the bath, so she's definitely comfortable," Luke says. They all seem interested in that, which makes me blush.

"You're banned from my bathroom for the next two times," I say, nodding seriously when he gapes at me.

"What?" he asks, confused. "You're now banning me? I didn't do anything."

"You've said two things that you shouldn't be sharing," I say, shrugging. "So that's two baths you're banned from witnessing."

"Cold," Marc teases.

"Come sit down, Princess," Victor says. I head to his side, and he sits me on his lap. Kota pulls my legs onto his without even thinking about it.

"So, hands up if yes for paintball?" Mr Blackbourne checks. I glance around, and everyone except Mr Blackbourne puts their hand up.

"Gabe?" Mr Blackbourne asks as he enters. "Are you up for paintball?"

"Yes," he says, nodding. "We're going out for food afterwards, too."

"Okay," Axel says, smiling. "Someone book it."

"Anyone want food?" North asks. They shake their heads. He glances over at me, and I say no too, even though I know he wants me to say yes.

"You're having something," North tells me. "Even if it's a bowl of fruit."

"Okay," I mumble. Victor picks me up and places me in Raven's lap. I cuddle into my Russian, and he moves my legs into Corey's lap.

"Next time you have a bath, we can join," Raven whispers. I giggle but shake my head. I am so not ready for that.

"Are you excited for paintball?" I ask Raven. "I wanted to do something you and Nathan would enjoy."

"Why us?" he asks, frowning.

"Because I've not spent as much time with you both," I mumble. Am I being silly? "I know we played monopoly and had the whole kiss thing, but that wasn't necessarily something you enjoy."

"That's sweet of you, but I definitely enjoyed our kiss," he whispers, grinning. "In fact..." He leans forward and presses a soft kiss to my lips. I can feel the stares of everyone in the room, but Raven doesn't seem to care.

Corey winks at me, the only other person I can see in my sight, and so I take a leaf from their book and tune them out.

"Stay with us tonight," Raven says. He doesn't phrase it like a question, which usually helps my indecisive nature.

"I stayed with you both the other day," I say softly. "If nobody else wants me to stay with them, who I haven't stayed with yet, I'll stay with you both."

"I want you," Raven complains.

"I know," I say soothingly, cupping his cheek. "But I don't want to be unfair."

"We understand," Corey says, still grinning. "Stay with Nathan and whoever. We're not upset."

"If he wants me," I say, shrugging. I'm not just going to assume things and invade his space.

"He wants you," Corey says.

"I'm at the diner tomorrow," I say.

"Sang is staying at the apartment with us tonight," Corey calls, getting the group's attention. "Who's home? She doesn't want to stay with Raven and me because she doesn't want to be unfair."

I blush and glance up at Raven instead of looking at everyone else. He has a small smirk on his face and kisses my nose. It always makes me giggle when he does that because it's so not a Raven move. I suspect that's the reason he does it, though.

"Pochemu ty krasneya malen'kaya ptichka [why are you blushing little bird]?" Raven asks.

"YA ne znayu. Kazhetsya strannym sprashivat', kto khochet provesti vremya so mnoy. Byl li ya glupym, kogda otverg tebya, chtoby popytat'sya byt' spravedlivym [I don't know. It seems weird asking who wants to spend time with me. Was I being silly when I turned you down to try and be fair]?" I say.

"No," North says, passing Raven and Corey a bowl of fruit, and vegetables, respectively. "Ty ne glupyy. YA rad, chto vy chestny. S gruppoy takogo razmera trudno udostoverit'sya, chto nikto ne byl ostavlen bez vnimaniya ili proignorirovan. YA rad, chto ty takoy bditel'nyy. [You're not being silly. I am glad you're being fair. With a group this size, it's hard to make sure nobody is being left out or ignored. I'm glad you're so vigilant.] The others will be too."

"We will what?" Gabe asks, confused. "Fuck, it's bad enough when you're having a full conversation but giving us bits and pieces is just cruel."

"Be glad that Sang is trying to be fair," North says, rolling his eyes.

Raven feeds me a grape, and I realise North's plan. He does this quite often, giving someone else control of the food because it usually means I eat more than I would if I were feeding myself. It's sneaky but smart.

"It's true," Mr Blackbourne says, and it takes me a second to realise what he means. I nod and lean into Raven as Corey feeds me a slice of pepper.

I go to take one of the bowls, but Raven boops my nose in a gesture only we find funny.

"Paintball is booked for two," Victor tells us. "It's only just after eleven, though, so we've got a few hours to kill."

"Are we wanting lunch now then?" North offers. "I can make paninis or sandwiches."

Nobody wants food, so they turn on the console—I'm not sure what kind it is—and most of them are playing a game. Gabe sits close, and we sit talking whilst Corey and Raven are murmuring quietly in Russian. I know I could understand it, and it's the way they completely trust me that has me smiling. I don't eavesdrop, though. After about an hour and a half (and I cleared both bowls), we head downstairs to leave for paint-balling.

"Thank you for eating the food," North whispers, squeezing my hand.

"I think it helps when someone is feeding me," I mumble, blushing slightly. I feel like a child. Axel turns, raising an eyebrow, but North doesn't notice. "I don't think about whether I am full or not. I just enjoy the food."

"I've noticed," he says. "Don't worry, Baby, we'll get there."

"I know," I reply. He kisses my head, and when we reach the cars, he lifts me up so that I can get in the back seat of his jeep. It's a high seat, but I truly could climb up.

"Are you happy in the back?" he asks carefully.

"Sure," I say happily. Gabe and Luke get in on either side of me, and Silas climbs into the front. That's exactly the reason I don't mind because Silas is a lot bigger than I am.

"I'm excited," Luke says, grinning at me.

"Me too," I exclaim. "I've never done something like this before. It'll be great."

"Now, Sang," North says patiently, and even though both Luke and Gabe goran, I pay apt attention. "I'm happy to play with you"—I like that he phrases it in the way that he's happy to play with me, and not he's happy to let me play— "but you need to listen during the training and health and safety part. We're going to fit you with a vest too."

"Is everyone wearing a vest?" I ask. I don't mind if we're all doing it, but if it's just me, I won't. I want the full experience.

"Everyone except Raven," North says, shaking his head. "He's an idiot."

"Okay, I can do that," I say, shrugging.

"Stay with Nathan tonight," Silas says, turning back to look at me. "Kota too."

"Okay," I reply. I'm not against it, but it gives me butterflies when they arrange it for me. "I don't mind who I sleep with."

"Good," Gabe says, smirking.

"Who haven't you slept with?" Luke questions. "We can see if we can match them together and get it done before Christmas."

"Like it's a chore?" North asks, but we ignore him.

"Axel, Brandon, Kota, Nathan, Victor and Marc," I say. "I think I've slept with everyone else."

"Sounds good," Silas says. "You could probably do Nathan and Brandon together, Kota and Victor and then Axel and Marc."

"Victor is staying over on Thursday," I tell the group. "We have plans together."

"Doing what?" Gabe asks sceptically.

"Secret plans," I say, grinning. "Don't worry about it."

"When can we do secret plans?" Luke whines.

"When you have something interesting for us to do together," I tease.

"Don't even fucking go there," North snaps, and the hostility has me freezing.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Not you, Baby," he says. "Oh, look, we're here. Conversation over."

He parks the car, and Gabe and Luke hop out, cheeky grins on their face. Clearly, they understood what North was saying, even if it went over my head.

Surprisingly neither one helps me out, but I smile at the fact that they're understanding I can be independent too. Silas appears before I get out, and he picks me up and places me on the floor.

A smile graces my face as he takes my hand in his.

My independence doesn't disappear just because I'm loved.

When the others arrive, we head in together. I can't wait to play paintball.

Once inside, the man explains the rules to the two different game types they offer and then tells us to split into two teams before they outfit us. Nathan and Raven ended up being team captains because apparently, they're the best at the game and having them on the same team means the opposing side will lose. I went to Raven's team, and I was joined by Luke, Axel, Brandon, Victor and Kota, much to North's annoyance. We head in and get outfitted by the man before he hands us our guns.

The man found my excitement hilarious.

We're going to play a round of both the normal version of paintball and then capture the flag paintball before deciding which one to play for the final round.

Raven and Kota devise a game plan, and I'm a little nervous about it, but they reassure me completely. After the first game (which we won), I realise I'm extremely thankful that Raven was on my team. I would be scared to go against my Russian. I was shot a few times, and one of them was from North. He took rapid-fire after shooting me, and he just stood there with a guilty look on his face. My poor North Star doesn't ever want to hurt me on purpose.

Nathan's team win the capture the flag game, much to our annoyance. I didn't think I was a competitive person, but that's completely inaccurate. I am so competitive. I don't engage in the trash talk (Luke taught me this term) that the two teams are doing, but I could still engage in the fun.

We decided to play another round of capture the flag because Raven wanted the victory in it. We had to go into extra time during that game, but my team eventually won! Raven is gloating, and he apparently had some kind of bet with Corey that will need to be paid up.

Either way, I'm happy. I got shot the least amount of times (well, I think Luke managed to get shot even less), but I still enjoyed it. Another first given to me by my academy men, and I couldn't be happier.

"Take those pants off, Trouble," Gabe says. "I think North is going to have an aneurysm if he continues to look at the one time he shot you."

I pull my shoes off and take my trousers off, giggling when the entire team turns to watch. North trips the man who works here because he glanced over, causing Gabe to laugh. They are so protective. I put my shoes back on before we head outside. Victor, Mr Blackbourne and Axel stay behind to talk to the man.

"Are we going straight for food?" Gabe asks the group.

"Yeah," North says. "We're not going home to change and then come back out."

"Sounds good to me," he replies. "Sang isn't going out looking like this, though."

"Have you brought clothes for her?" North asks. "Because if I've got to stop at the apartment anyway, it defeats the point."

"What do you take me for?" Gabe snaps, and North holds his hands up in surrender.

"Okay," Axel says as they leave. "We'll meet at the restaurant. See you in fifteen."

We get into the cars, and I turn to Gabe, "Where am I getting changed?"

"I'll hold a jacket around you," he says. "Swap tops quickly. You can keep the leggings on, and I have some boots for you."

"Okay," I reply. Once we're driving, I quickly swap shirts, and we sit back. It's a dark red flowy tank top that fits perfectly. Gabe really is good at what he does, even if it's a little gruelling.

"Does she have a jacket?" North asks.

"No," Gabe says sadly. "She doesn't have a leather jacket. I want one for her."

"Fuck," North groans. Silas mumbles something to him that I miss, but it causes them both to laugh.

We're the last to arrive at the restaurant, and when we get out, Brandon asks the same question North just did.

"No," Gabe says, grinning.

I'm so confused when more than one of them groans. But Gabe loops his arm through mine and leads me inside behind the group.

I might not fully understand social cues... but I'm getting better, and it's all thanks to these men.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
531K 25.6K 58
Sang Sorenson doesn't understand what is normal. She has been abused by her family and heard two voices in her head her whole life. The Blackbourne...
13.7K 1K 41
Sang Sorenson is 16 years old she lives in Sunnyvale, Charleston SC. She still has abusive mother and sister while her father is neglectful but only...
76.8K 4.9K 13
At the Sorenson Academy for Girls, girls must be poised, proper, perfect -- or else. The unwanted daughter of the Sorenson Academy's Mistress, Sang r...