Ghost. || My Hero Academia

By mariewtks

"I can drop everything if you need me." "Please..." "Im on my way." ~ Trigger warnings Mentions of s@/r@p3 Se... More

Before you read/Profile
1~ UA High!
2~ Show Off
3~ Baby Carrots
4~ Hero Analysis
5~ Paparazzi
6~ The Villains
7~ Hiding Secrets
8~ Pain
9~ Missing
10~ Gone
11~ Headaches
12~ Grown up
13~ Famous?
14~ The Winner
15~ Injured
16~ Orange Juice
17~ Sunsets
18~ Internship
19~ Danger
20~ Birthday Girl
21~ Panic Attack
22~ Study Session
24~ Uninvited
25~ Needles
26~ Rescued
27~ Trauma
28~ True Feelings and Goodbyes

23~ Burns

3 0 0
By mariewtks

The tension in the classroom was thick as the last day of written exams were coming to an end. Y/n had breezed through it, but she couldn't say the same about some of her classmates.

"Alright pencils down. Last person in each row collect the sheets and bring them up." Aizawa said, and Y/n stood up. She collected everyones papers and handed them to Aizawa.

"Thanks so much for your help!" Mina said suddenly to Y/n as she was walking back to her seat, scaring her.

"I didn't leave anything blank, at least!" Denki smiled with a thumbs up, and Y/n just laughed.

"You're welcome, I suppose. But you were the ones who put in the effort and concentration to study in the first place, so im sure you did great." Y/n said, sitting back down.

The students were then given their hero costumes and sent to the change rooms to get ready, before going to central plaza to do their practical exams.

All of the UA teachers stood in front of the students, who were slightly confused why all of the teachers were there in the first place.

"Now then. Lets begin the last test. Remember its possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa said, hinting at a few of the students.

"Uh. Why are all the teachers here?"

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be faced with today."

"We're fightin' those big ol' metal robots!" Denki cheered, and Mina danced beside him.

"Fireworks! S'mores! Here we come, camp!" She fist pumped, making Y/n shake her head.

"Actually, this years tests..." Nezu said, popping out from Aizawa's scarf, "will be completely different for, various reasons." He slid down on one of the strands, "the tests now have a new focus. There will be hero work, of course. But also teamwork and combat between actual people. So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents sill be one of our esteemed UA teachers! Isn't that fabulous?!"

The class froze up, shocked at the news. Y/n held in her laughs, entertained at the thoughts of her classmates battling the teachers.

"Additionally your partners and opponents have already been chosen. They were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships. First, Yaoyorozu Todoroki and L/n are a team. Against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo. And their opponent is..."

Just then someone came flying out of the sky, landing in front of the group.

"I am here to fight!" All Might said, shocking not only the boys, but the whole class. "You're going to have to work together, boys, if you want to win."

"Well this should be interesting." Y/n hummed, now intrigued.

-

"It's our turn, lets go." Shoto said, and Y/n nodded. Momo seemed to be hesitant about something, and Shoto noticed. "Don't worry, i have a plan."

The buzzer went off, and the group started running.

"Yaoyorozu i want you to keep making small objects. When you stop being able to, it means Mr Aizawa is close by." Shoto said, and she nodded. She began creating small nesting dolls, stuffing them in her belt.

"I'll take the high ground." Y/n said, turning invisible as she floated up. She carefully looked around, making sure not to make any noises or touch anything to give away her spot.

When she spotted him, he was dangling from an electrical wire above the group. In a moment, Shoto was caught and hanging from the same wires as Momo ran. He then placed caltrops under where Shoto was, before going after Momo.

Y/n floated over and pulled out her pocket knife, cutting him free and catching him before he could fall onto the caltrops.

"We should've discussed a plan beforehand. I assumed this would have happened." Y/n sighed, bringing him down to safe ground.

"Thank you." Shoto said, and Y/n shrugged as she became visible again.

"Now, he's going to catch he quickly, so what should we do?" Y/n said, running in the direction on Momo and Aizawa. "There is always the option i turn invisible and escape."

"No, i want to beat him without running." Shoto said, following beside her.

Suddenly Momo came out of the distance, Aizawa following shortly behind.

"Whats the plan Momo!" Y/n shouted, stopping as she analyzed Aizawa.

"Run, get out of his field of vision!" She said, still running. Y/n nodded, turning and running along with her.

Aizawa sent his scarf towards them, and Y/n turned with her knife in hand, allowing her left wrist to get caught. She then tugged on it, making him unstable. Y/n quickly freed herself, and while Aizawa wasn't watching her, she became invisible.

Todoroki then made an ice wall, blocking Aizawa. Y/n phased through it to meet up with her group. Momo was creating a version of Aizawas restraint scarf.

They found the perfect moment and "escaped" using black cloaks and mannequins, disguising the catapult with the scarf under it.

When Aizawa went to grab them, Momo used the chance and launched the scarf at him, creating a screen of sorts. Shoto then used his flames at the scarfs to harden them.

Y/n used the scarf shield and jumped behind, cuffing Aizawas hands right as the scarf tightened around him. The flames got the top of her palm, burning it slightly.

She ignored the pain and landed on the ground next to the captured Aizawa, a proud look on her face.

"Good job, Momo. That was amazing." She smiled, hiding her left hand in her pocket.

The buzzer blared and after cleaning up Y/n walked off, pulling her hand out to get a look at the burn. It wasn't too bad, only a surface burn. It would leave a faint scar though.

-

As Y/n was walking through the halls to leave for the day, she stopped by recovery girls office and took a roll of bandages to wrap her burn with. She technically could just ask her to heal it, but Y/n hated the idea of recovery girl kissing her just to heal a silly little burn.

"Today was fun, Y/n." Shoto popped out of no where, startling her as she was finishing up wrapping her injury. He noticed, "how did you get hurt?"

"Its nothing, it's just a scratch." She shrugged, tucking her hand away again.

"Did you get hurt during the exam? You should've gotten recovery girl to heal it." He said, and Y/n shook her head.

"Its fine." She said dismissively, "i'll see you tomorrow, Sho."

Y/n got into the back of Hiroko's car, knowing Keigo was too busy to pick her up.

"You seem agitated, miss L/n, did something happen during the exams?" Hiroko asked from the drivers seat, glancing into the back seats where she sat.

"No, everything is alright. Just drive home Hiro." Y/n said, pulling her phone out. Hiroko nodded, and drove off.

The ride home was silent, as she scrolled through instagram. When she got home, she immediately went up to her room.

Y/n got changed into her workout clothes, and went into the training room.

About half an hour into her workout, she was interrupted by Akito coming downstairs.

"Shouldn't you be on your business trip?" Y/n asked, still working out.

"No it was pushed back due to an emergency on their end." Akito shrugged, taking a seat on one of the empty machines. "How'd the practical exam go?"

"Fine. We had to fight our teachers, but i passed with my group." Y/n explained, and Akito nodded. He seemed to be able to tell she was agitated.

"Well, thats amazing. I knew you could do it, Y/n." He smiled, standing up. "I'll leave you be now, but just remember im proud of you."

Y/n nodded, biting her lip as she listened to his footsteps fade upstairs and the door shut behind him.

-

It was now the day the class would leave for camp. Y/n had the same horrible feeling in her guts like the day USJ was attacked. She cringed at the feeling, swallowing hard as she loaded her bag onto the bus.

"You alright?" Shoto asked softly, his hand brushing against hers. She instantly felt butterflies erupt in her stomach, overtaking the sinking feeling. She felt alive again, just from slight contact.

"Yeah." She smiled, closing the storage trunk.

"Attention class A! Line up in front of our bus in seating order!" Iida said, ushering everyone in line.

Once everyone was on the bus, Y/n was able to relax. She sat next to Shoto, and she got the window seat due to his generosity.

Y/n exhaled and pulled out her headphones, ignoring Iida shouting rules at everyone as she slipped the earbuds in. She blasted her music, drowning out the bus as she watched the passing view out the window.

When they got to their first stop, Y/n put away her headphones and stretched outside of the bus, shaking her ankles out.

She noticed a separate black car not too far from the bus, and she tried to get a peak inside of the windows. They were too tinted though, so she couldn't see a thing.

"You don't really think we stopped here just so you could stretch your legs, do you?" Aizawa said to the class, confusing the students. Mineta ran around, stopping in front of the teacher as he asked for the restroom.

The cars doors opened a moment later, and the two cat girls Y/n recognized as the Pussycats popped out.

"Your feline fantasies are here." Mandalay said, posing like a cat.

Y/n was never really fond of the Wild Wild Pussycats. She kind of thought of them as annoying, so she didn't interact with them much.

Aizawa explained they would be the ones they're going to work with at the training camp, and Mandalay pointed out the camp, which was quite a distance from where they were. Y/n knew something was up.

The group ran towards the bus, knowing they would have to walk all the way there if they didn't. They were stopped, and Aizawa explained that the training camp had begun already.

Y/n laughed, just watching her classmates panic. She felt the earth rumble and immediately jumped into the air, floating right as the ground beneath the group gave way.

The class fell below, most landing hard on the ground.

"Ouch that looked like it hurt." Y/n sighed, floating down to join her classmates.

"Good news! Because this is private property, you can use your quirks as much as you want!" Mandalay shouted over the ledge, watching the students below. "You have three full hours, so you should make it to the facility on time. That is, if you can make it through the beast forest!"

A beast appeared at the edge of the dense forest, scaring Mineta. Y/n laughed slightly, covering it up with a cough.

"This should be fun." Y/n said, turning intangible as she ran towards the forest.

Y/n focused on making her way to the campsite, only spending a few seconds kicking through the mud beasts before continuing onward.

She was able to make it to the campsite just after 12:00pm, greeting Aizawa and the Pussycats.

"You must be Y/n L/n!" Mandalay said with a wide smile, "we work with your brother a lot, glad to finally meet you!"

"Oh uh, yeah, you too." Y/n returned the smile, looking at Aizawa for help as the girl embraced her. He just shrugged.

"Well because you're the first here, and its before the time is up, there is lunch inside waiting for you." Mandalay said after releasing Y/n, and she nodded. Mandalay went off to do her own thing, leaving Y/n alone with Aizawa.

"You think i should've stayed with the group?" Y/n asked, looking at her teacher.

"Well there are different perspectives. On the off chance you could've gotten hurt, you wouldn't have had anyone to cover and help you until either i or the Pussycats came. But, if you had stayed with the class, there is the chance that they would hold you back and possibly make you late." Aizawa said, looking at Y/n with a slight smile, "but you knew what you were doing."

Y/n accepted his compliment, and went inside to get some rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 616 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
63.5K 1.2K 30
𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍, 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
39.3K 1K 15
[COMPLETED] It has been nearly three years since you graduated from UA High. Now engaged and working as a successful Pro Hero, you couldn't have aske...
856K 14.8K 28
read the story! a collection of scenarios and imagines of Bakugou Katsuki from My Hero Academia not proof-read, grammar errors since English isn't my...