The Littlest Wayne

By Sparkle_Mama

Ok before you guys say anything yes I know the picture on the cover is Isabela from Encanto, you'll understan... More

~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
Request are now open
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
You can't turn back time
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~

~1~

6.9K 150 13
By Sparkle_Mama

(A/N: This Chapter is set in the Young Justice universe, (Most of them will be) Batman hasn't taken in Jason or Tim yet, it's just Dick for now. Enjoy <3)

{Finding Her}

Batman was watching over the city from the tallest and darkest rooftop, as he did almost every night. All that came to a pause when he heard distant wails of pain, he raced off in the direction the sound came from and came across a woman lying in an alleyway, she was visibly pregnant and a small puddle of blood was forming on the concrete ground.

She was in labour and struggling.

Batman had called in an ambulance to their location, but despite him saying he needed it ASAP, it was taking too long, he ended up delivering the child that night.

It was all over with one final scream of agony... and the cry of a newborn baby. Batman tore off his own cloak and wrapped the child up to keep her warm

"It's a girl." He said as to the woman as he handed her daughter over to her.

She cradled her in her arms and gently hushed her, the baby's cries died down to coos.

"She's perfect..." She whispered weakly. "My perfect little Lily... Thank you Batman..." The dark knight gave a nod in response.

The mother shuddered, every part of her body felt weak, Batman looked down, the small puddle of blood had become quite large now and more was still coming, she was losing too much.

"Please... take her..." She spoke, almost beggingly, Batman took the baby from her before her arms fell.

With what little strength she had left, she reached up to her neck and remove the necklace around it, it was a pink quartz in the shape of a rose, she placed it on the baby's makeshift blanket, she looked straight at Batman.

"Make sure she's loved..." Was all she could muster to say, her breathing grew shallow, her gaze drifted to her little girl and she smiled, a small tear dripping down her cheek.

Everything started to go dark, but she didn't feel scared, she felt... content.
All the colour drained from her face, and her eyes closed peacefully, knowing her baby was in good hands.

When the ambulance had finally arrived... it was too late... she was gone.

The first responders took her body and Batman handed the newborn girl over to them, and they drove off, leaving him in the deserted alley, before he disappeared into the night.

The next morning Bruce Wayne just "happened to hear about" the incident, and came to visit the baby in the hospital, he was currently looking at her through the window of the NICU while speaking to the nurse caring for her.

"Is she healthy?" He asked.

"She was born a little too early, but other than that, yes." The nurse replied. "She's a fighter that one."

"Have her family arrived yet?" The nurse shook her head.

"As far a we could tell, she had no other relatives, no father, no grandparents, nothing." Bruce was not expecting that.

"So, what will happen to her?"

"Without any family, I'm afraid she'll go into foster care, poor thing." Her voice betrayed sympathy. "I don't suppose you'd be interested in adopting her Mr. Wayne?" She enquired.

Bruce turned to look at the baby once more, he knew what it was like to grow up without parents, or a family, and he decided right then and there, that he would not let her go through what he did, not even close.

"Yes, l would like to adopt her." The nurse's smile seem to grow at his answer.

"Oh, that's wonderful! Right, if you'll just come with me, and we'll get the paperwork started." Bruce gladly obliged and followed.

{A little while later}

"Ok, everything seems to be in order, all she needs now is a name, you have anything in mind?"

Bruce paused in thought, he never actually imagined he'd be naming a child, but then he remembered something the mother said in the alley, it seemed only right.

"Lily... Lily, Martha, Wayne." He answered.

"Aww, that's a beautiful name." The nurse gladly wrote the name on the birth certificate. "Ok, that's everything. You can bring her in now!" She called out, and another nurse brought in the newest member of the Wayne family.

"Congratulations Mr. Wayne, you have a beautiful baby girl." She hand her to him and he cradled her gently.

Her eyes opened sleepily and Bruce was met with bright green orbs, he reached out his finger and her tiny hand wrapped around it, he smiled... this little girl, had gotten a genuine smile, out of the dark knight.

He reached for his ear phone and called his oldest and most trusted friend.

"Alfred, I'm on my way back, would please make the preparations?"

"I take it you won't be returning alone Master Bruce?" He inquired.

"Yes Alfred."

"I assumed as much sir, everything will be ready when you return."

"Thank you." Bruce hung up, he heard a small coo and saw Lily nuzzling into him, falling back asleep, he smiled once more and left the hospital with his daughter in his arms.

Reality hit him... he had a daughter, he had the chance to raise her, to become the farther he always knew he could be, the one his parents knew he was capable of becoming.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

{New Little Sister}

Dick entered the manor, returning from a long day of school, he threw off his coat in relief, then paused.

He looked around, everything looked the same, but something was definitely different.

Alfred walked by with a small towel over his arm and bottle of formula in his hand.

"Did you find a baby animal in the garden Alfred?" Dick asked.

"Something similar to that Master Grayson." Alfred replied.

"Here Alfred, let me take that for you." Dick tried to reach for the bottle but Alfred gave his hand a light slap.

"I'm sorry sir, but until you clean those hands I cannot allow you to touch anything of hers." He explained and walked off.

"Wait. Hers?" Dick thought, he followed Alfred, confused, but also intrigued.

They made their way to living room, where they saw the back of Bruce's head, he was sitting on the couch.

He turned to face them.
"Good, you're home." Alfred handed him the bottle. "Thank you Alfred."

Dick came to see what he was holding, and his mouth went agape, it was a baby, peacefully drinking the formula, what the actual heck is going on?!

"Dick, I'd like you to meet your new sister, Lily Martha Wayne."

"Wait, isn't that the baby you delivered the other night?" What about her family?" Dick asked.

"She doesn't have any family, and I thought she deserved a good home, so I adopted her." Bruce explained.

Dick didn't exactly respond, he simply left the room and Bruce and Alfred heard the distant sound of running water and very thorough scrubbing, then he returned, slightly ecstatic.

"Ok, I washed my hands all the way up to the elbow, can I hold her?" Bruce nodded and handed Lily over to him, making sure he was holding her properly before leaving them be.

Dick looked down at you in slight awe, he couldn't believe it, he was a big brother.

"Hey kiddo...." He half whispered, a small laugh of disbelief escaped his lips.

"She's so tiny." Lily let out the cutest yawn ever, then nuzzled into Dick's chest with a tiny coo.

"I think she likes you." Bruce spoke, Dick gained the same warm smile Bruce had at the hospital.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you little sis." Bruce and Alfred watched them contently, it was safe to say everyone in the bat family loved their new little miracle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked the first chapter of this book, if you have any requests don't hesitate to ask.

Stay Sparkly 💖💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.6K 200
I got bored again and I am a big fan of DC comics so yeah. I hope you guys enjoy! Request too! I don't bite! most of the one shots will be about the...
356K 10.5K 39
Collection of one shots about Robin. - Angst - Fluff - Daddybats - Bromance - KF x Robin - Young Robin - Friendship - Robin x Batgirl I do not own...
4.7K 204 7
If you haven't read Son of Poseidon (PercyJackson x Batfam) these one-shots have a bit of reference to them so you might want to read it first, but y...
2.7K 128 13
Oneshots/stories about the fams in Young Justice. You know, BatFam, ArrowFam, etc. Requests always accepted! I have another oneshots book for couples...