Paper Dolls

Galing kay SoniaJohn

When the most popular Kpop idol on the planet falls to her death, an aspiring singer is thrown into the spotl... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
The Day She Died (Dalia's Pov)

Chapter 28

370 61 5
Galing kay SoniaJohn

The Blue Diamond spa building is surprisingly tiny, situated in the outskirts of Seoul. But the acres of land that surround it are never ending. I keep staring out at the beautiful green landscape, occasionally peppered with flowery bushes. 

The security at the gate scans both our faces before we drive in and it feels like we are driving forever as Hyeon takes the long winding road that leads to one of the most exclusive parlours in the city. 

"How did you manage an appointment here again?" My fingers traverse the smooth pass on the lanyard given to us and I stare into the rearview mirror, meeting Hyeon's gaze. 

He's dressed as my driver today and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips the moment I saw him in the formal suit and matching hat that celebritie's chauffeurs usually wear. 

"Easy, I said the up and coming celebrity King Jina needed some work on her back." He's teasing me but I know for certain that that could not have been enough to get us an appointment here. 

I shoot him a look and he finally admits that he had to fork out quite a bit of money for this outing but apparently my name did help in securing a place. 

Who would have thought?

"It's tiny," I say, pressing my forehead to the glass window as we reach the foyer to Blue Diamond. 

"I see Loona's car," Hyeon nods to the bright red convertible parked by the entrance. "She's here already." 

A buzz of excitement and apprehension shoots down my spine. I can't believe we're here doing this and the fact that Hyeon had to pay for it puts more pressure on me to deliver. I doubt Loona would be willing to confide in me of all people so I'm going to have to try another angle. 

Maybe get her on the defensive and pray she will slip up? 

My brain churns with ideas as an attendant dressed in a sea blue collared shirt and khaki pants opens my door. 

"Welcome Ms Kang Jina. Your room is ready for you." He flashes me a megawatt smile and I turn to Hyeon, nodding before leaving. 

"Miss, just give me a call when you're done. I'll be on stand by." His words sound like a double meaning but I can't think too much about it as I'm whisked away by the bellboy. 

I register at the counter and peer at the registry while the receptionist registers my details. The small foyer is beautiful in an old fashioned kind of way. The floors are a cooling marble granite and the walls a turquoise green with gold light fittings. A single chandelier hangs low in the centre of the room casting a soft glow over the plush sofa seatings. 

Even the reception houses an old computer and the registry is a vintage looking book, which makes it so easy for me to spy the registered names before mine. Sure enough, three rows above mine reads Loona. 

"All done, Ms Jina. We will lead you to the changing rooms and then to your spa. Your attendant Ms Lin will be with you at all times. If you require any assistance or any refreshments she will assist with them." The receptionist gestures at a small sized girl who seems to have appeared by my side out of thin air. 

I nearly jump when I notice her standing next to me. 

"Would you like a mimosa?" She holds out a small steel tray with a tall glass of what looks like orange juice. 

"Does it have alcohol?" I take a tentative sip and she smiles. 

She's a small sized girl with a tired looking face and a really tight bun that looks like it is pulling her forehead away from her eyes but when she smiles, it lights up her entire face. 

"I can add more if you like," She says. 

It already tastes like heaven and I don't want to get drunk while I'm supposedly on a mission so I quickly decline. 

She leads me to the changing rooms and waits for me to change into the disposabble underwear and bathrobe provided. 

"Are there a lot of guests today?" I try to fish out some information whilst I pull my hair into a loose bun over my head. 

Lin nods enthusiastically. "Quite a few big names. The security detail here is very tight so we always get clientele of this calliber. Today we have a guest from Sweet Poison, you must know her."

I realise Lin is quite the talker and thank my lucky stars. She must be privy to a lot of secrets that go around in this place. 

"You must know her since you knew Dalia," She points out making me stare at her. Oh, so she knows who I am too.

"You're a fan of Sweet Poison?" I ask. 

"Yes, of course. I'm Dalia biased though. It's so tragic what happened to her." Her face falls when she says this but then she grimaces. "It must be more tragic for you of course, being close to her but as a fan I can say this is one of the worst years of my life." 

Her statement leads to a tense moment of silence so she quickly clears her throat. "Anyway you should feel right at home here with the other celebrities." 

"I haven't debuted yet. Technically not a celebrity." I don't know why but I feel the need to point that out. Maybe because she has been ogling me since we met. 

"But you're already famous so technically you are. I'm looking forward to your debut," Lin replies and then she leads me into the steam room. 

The air here is thick and smells heavily of lavender and some other infusion of oils I can't place. I see a few women sitting in a pool, most of them naked as they laugh frivolously  over mimosas. 

My eyes water as I try to focus on their faces through the steam laden air. I don't recognise any of them and Loona is no where to be seen. 

"Word of advise. Stay away from that group." Lin whispers to me. 

"Why?" I turn back to the group of women who look to be in their forties, despite their flawless shiny skin. 

One of them catches my stare and she immediately scowls. "Not another one." She says and then the rest turn my way. 

I quickly pretend not to notice and follow Lin to the mud room. 

"They're all wives of chaebol. All rich beyond imagination but miserable because their husbands are all cheating on them," Lin explains as she sets up the mud bath. "They don't like celebrities, particularly women." 

"Why?" 

Lin snickers like I'd just asked the most obvious question. "Because their husband's mistresses are mostly idols and actresses." 

"But not all of us are," I frown. It's unfair that they would generalise like that. 

"I know, but it is what it is. One of their husbands has an idol mistress and suddenly every idol they meet are public enemy number one. It's dumb but these women hate seeing celebrities, particularly here. They believe this is their private space. One even wanted to pay us out to make this place exclusive to them but Blue Diamond never discriminates, especially since celebrities are our biggest clients." 

Lin helps me into the bath and it feels like I am sitting in molten chocolate, which is weird. 

I pretend to relax and take a huge sip of my drink. It's quite strong and I feel it go right to my head. "Will I be seeing Loona?" 

I try to keep my voice as casual as possible, making it seem like we already know each other and thankfully Lin buys my act. 

"Probably in the steam room. You can relax there once we are done." 

I nod and pretend to relax but I find myself counting down the minutes till my mud bath is over. The only time I actually truly relaxed was when the therapist massaged my back and neck. 

"You're so stiff." She had mumbled over and over as she eased into my knots making me sigh out in pleasure. I really have to thank Hyeon for this awesome mission. 

We're almost done when there's a loud crash next door and some indistinct shouting. I look up to see Lin and the therapist exchange a look, they don't seem surprised. 

"We're done Miss," The therapist squeezes my shoulder and Lin leads me into the steam room. 

"We give our clients privacy here so I'll be waiting by the door. If you need anything just press the button on the wall." She gestures to the numerous small flip buttons scattered over the walls. 

"Got it. Thanks," I smile at her gratefully and then scout the area. It is only then that I see Loona sitting alone in a heated pool behind me. 

The chaebol wives are just only leaving and they cast her dirty looks before leaving. 

"Yeah, your husband offered to buy me a house last night. Deal with it," Loona shouts at them and I realise her voice was the one I heard from the mud room. 

The women grumble in unison but they don't make a scene as they leave. 

"I want one more!" Loona shouts for her glass to be refilled and someone rushes to fill her flute of champagne. 

There are a few others lounging in the pools here but Loona's soaking in hers alone. I think everyone is avoiding her because she snaps at anyone who crosses her path. 

Which might actually be perfect for me. 

I swallow my nerves and approach her as she takes a huge gulp of her drink. Her face is red and she looks quite drunk already. 

She blinks at me a few times as I join her in the water. The floors are hot and I sink in till the warm water reaches my shoulders.

"Did I say you could sit with me?" Loona snaps. Even with her pink bare face and glistening wet hair she looks beautiful. 

"No, but last I checked this was a free area." I answer bravely and take a sip of my second mimosa. 

Her eyes narrow on me and she leans in. "I recognise you. Your Dalia's friend. The snooper from the party." 

Her words make my face burn. "I was just missing her." 

Loona laughs, a loud nasally laugh that doesn't have any inhibition. "You're the only one who misses that bitch." 

My eyes widen. Wow, she must be really drunk since she's speaking so freely. I look around us but no one else could have heard her because they're all soaking in pools far away. 

"It sounds like you didn't like her," I state. 

"Who did?" Loona scoffs. "She was always so secretive and conniving. Always thinking about herself." Her voice is softer now. More careful. 

"Let me tell you a story," Loona says and I nod almost too eagerly. "But you need to have a glass with me." 

I try to refute but Loona makes me finish up two entire glasses of champagne before launching into a very draggy story about how Dalia made the other three Sweet Poison members wait for an hour before rehearsal, all because she had a headache. 

"We all have headaches. It's such bullshit. She was probably fighting with her boyfriend." 

My head feels a bit whoozy but her lengthy story finally piques my interest. "Boyfriend? She had a boyfriend?" 

Loona leans back and smiles lazily. "I thought you two were close. Looks like you don't know her as well as everyone thinks. And that's saying something because all of us knew she was seeing him secretly." 

"Who?" I lean forward, my expression must be quite desperate because she laughs condescendingly again. 

"Poor little Jina. So curious yet so clueless." 

Her statement jilts me and I feel a slight rush of anger. "I know you were having an affair with Jungseok." 

Even through the steam I can see the colour drain from her face. "So what. Everyone has affairs. And he's not married."

If it's so normal then why does she look so scared?

"I saw the paper," I blurt out simply, thinking about the piece of paper he had passed to her in that picture we found. I actually don't know what else to say but it seems to be working.

Loona looks like I'd just told her the world is going to end. "What paper?"

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.7K 189 33
Twelve guys, one girl, one is a murderer. An Enhypen x TXT story :) Any bad behaviors portrayed by any of the idols in this story are 100% fictional...
161K 10.9K 53
โ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ, ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐š๐ โž In Seoul, South Korea, a once tight-knit group of 12 people start...
33.1K 1.4K 25
Choi yn, the most known and praised youth icon has done many wrongdoings under her cover of being the perfect girl. from her relationship going down...
76.9K 3.2K 40
They are now enemies. But will it end that way- turns out it was just the beginning of everything. Jennie continues to do her plan, which is to prete...