His Lullaby

By AqilahDaWinterWolf

ššžšŸšØš«šž š­š”šž š€š©š©š„šž š¢š§šœš¢ššžš§š­, šƒš«šžššš¦ š¦ššššž šš š„š®š„š„ššš›š², šš š¬ššš š„š®š„š„ššļæ½... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 7

620 29 8
By AqilahDaWinterWolf

Cross, Dust and Horror were standing in front of the fire. Reaper was there too, watching them burn the list as he was hoping they won't regret making this decision for Dream.

"It's finally burn. He can finally live in this world with you until his life will truly taken away." The grim reaper said, staring at the list that was finally turn into ashes. "However, as I told you before. There will be consequences. You might never know something will gone more worst than that."

"As long Dream live a little longer, I will be fine!" Cross said, gripping his both fists. "I want to see him live peaceful with us. I want to see him grow up well with a family, I want him to have a better life, a perfect for him."

"Alright then, you want to know the truth why Dream wanted this am I right?" Reaper asked them, looking at them saying yes in unison. So he begun to tell him about the place where it keeps the memories. "There is a house, a red abandoned house. It kept the memories inside the memories of everyone's."

"There could be Dream's too, but it was located unknowingly. We might not know which AU or timeline was hidden. If you find it, then congrats however you might end up in a loop. Inside of the house is clearly huge since it was filled our memories inside." He continued to explain. "If you manage find the truth, then get out quickly before that happen."

"Whatever you do, don't spill it up in front of the memories." He finished talking to the three. "Something will gone wrong, believe me. I heard that happened."

Cross was confused when his brother said don't spill it up in front of the memories so he asked what it was but Reaper cannot answer that question. It was secret. What does he mean by that? I clearly don't understand... What does he mean by don't spill it up in front of the memories. Does he mean by water in front of the memories?

"Be careful when you find that house." Reaper said as he disappeared.

"Don't spill it up in front of the memories, does he mean we can't spill the water in front of them?" Dust asked the others.

"That was I was thinking." Horror said.

"Probably not that, probably it's a meaning. There's something Reaper warn us." Cross said, sighed deeply. "I'll have to find out then."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Happy early birthday Dream!" Shattered clapped his hands, smiling at him happily. The original Dream looked at him in confused that he celebrated his birthday too early, it's not even winter season yet. "You're confused, am I right? I noticed you haven't celebrate your birthday with your friends since..."

"The time where everyone ignored you..." Shattered whispered, remember that the old days where what he called Dream's friends as BFF which means Best Fake Friends started to make lies that they have business, so he had to eliminate them all, every single fake friends he made.

"Hm?" Dream didn't clearly hear what he said so he asked him. "What was that?"

"Nothing." Shattered quickly replied, giving him a slice of cake. "Here, I baked for you. It's your favorite~!"

"Wah! Thank you, brother!" Dream smiled happily, feeling he was in tears of joy. "It's been so long since Nightmare..." He paused, then his old memories started to play in his mind. Where the time Nightmare made the same thing as Shattered did. "... Nighty..."

"Dream, forget about the old bad past, look forward to the future." His new brother said, gently cupping his cheekbones. "I can be a better brother than that jerk alright? I can't make a promise but I will raise you well."

"Okay, brother!" Dream chuckled, took the fork and eat the piece of cake. "Delicious! Oh, can I have another slice? I want to give from my special friend."

After Shattered give it to him, Dream teleported to the timeline where Nightmare was sleeping next to the grave of his dead brother. It makes him more hurt when he see the other Nightmare is in pain.

So that's why this guardian wanted make him feel more better. "Dear Nighty, I brought you something!"

"Dream–! You're alive–!" The other Nightmare woke up from his dream, seeing that he was asleep next to grave, making him let out a deep sigh. "It's not real then... Anyways, Dreamy, what are you doing here and it's that a cake you're holding?"

"Hm!" He nodded at the other Nightmare, he sat next to him and give him the plate of slice of cake. "My brother, Shattered baked it this morning. He wanted to celebrate my birthday too early."

"Thank you." The black skeleton said, taking one bite of it as his tears started to fall down. "This giving me a nostalgia when my brother used to baked me a cake on our birthday. Although I yelled at him mostly the time not to give, I secretly ate it anyways. This taste almost like him."

"Hmm." Dream smile sadly at him. "That's why your brother wanted to spend time with you all lot before he die, he might never know he will never make it to his future.".

"I regretted for not spending time with him more. And now that he's gone... I felt lonely..." The other Nightmare looked down, staring at the slice of cake. "When I was corrupted, I thought I had a hole in my heart, but when Dream came to save me. My heart starting to heal my wound slowly."

"Due to my hatred, I was blind and couldn't see he was trying to pull me away from the darkness." He started to sob. "Now, when he sacrificed for me... He fell into the deep hole of darkness... My heart, didn't heal anymore. I felt like it shattered into million pieces."

"I tried to save him, but... But..." His memories started to play in his mind when he remembered that time he couldn't forget.

☆࿐ཽ༵༆༒Flashback༒༆࿐ཽ༵☆

Nightmare tried to grab Dream's hand before he could fall. Unfortunately, he was too late until he had to watch him fall into the deep hole of the abyss. Dream didn't dare to teleport, as he wanted to accept his death for his brother's happiness.

The only thing Dream give his older brother was a wide happy smile, to show him that he will be okay as he was drowning inside the black liquid. Soon, he was finally gone.

Nightmare couldn't help but cried. He cried and cried that he couldn't save him. "DREEEEEAAAAAMMMMM!!!!" He screamed so loud, until the whole timeline heard him.

After the tragic loss of his brother, Nightmare wasn't the same as before, he became alcoholic, locking himself in his room for the whole years, hurting himself everytime. His friends and his foes were worried for him after the lost of his brother.

They tried to cheer him up, or make him feel better sadly, they were reply in harsh way because of the alcohol affects.

Until, things change when he came to his life. He saw Dream, but he knew that wasn't his truly brother. He sees his sad smile, the way he act like a mother, he treated to the other people. He realized, he must protect him.

The two of them met face to face, Dream was about to speak up when Nightmare hugged in him tears, crying out loud. The other looked confused but decided to comfort him, asking him what happened.

Dream listen to his story, starting to feel bad for him. He decided to help him up and move on. He did managed to help him but those memories are hard to forget for him. "Nighty, I know you're sad. But please, your brother hate to see you like this. It's not even he wanted to."

Nightmare didn't say anything, and was about to drink a bottle of wine, but the Guardian stopped him.

"Alcohol will not cure your depression, Nighty." He snatched it away from the other Nightmare and threw it out of the window. "It will give you more depression than before. I don't want that happen to you."

An invisible lightbulb pop out of his mind that Dream clearly had an idea to make this Nightmare feel better from his depression.

"I'll be your temporary brother until you are finally feel better, okay?" Nightmare only nodded at his questions and started to hug him and cried. "Shh~, it's okay Nighty. I'm still here. I'm still here on your side no matter what. Don't listen to those voice in your head to telling you to kill yourself to see your brother, don't! One day, you'll see him soon but not today."

☆࿐ཽ༵༆༒Flashback End༒༆࿐ཽ༵☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 666 31
Blue and Dream are away, and Ink gets captured by the Bad Sanses! He thinks that this is the end for him, until they tell him that he was going to be...
85.2K 2.3K 48
**Recommendations Have Been Closed** You can ask for any ship, as long as Dream is bottom. You can ask for angst, fluff, or anything about Dream real...
21.6K 1.1K 15
When Dream loses his memories after receiving severe head trauma in battle, Nightmare and his team choose to take advantage of the situation...
5.4K 413 20
What if Nightmare hadn't lost his mind? What if he hadn't turned his brother to stone? What if Nightmare just tried to live with the change of his ap...