Lost in the Cruel World (Mika...

By EreMikaheart

Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another... More

1. Back to Where Everything Started
2. The Warmth of His Scarf
3. Trapped in a Small Cage
4. Indebted
5. To You, In 2,000 Years
6. That Day
7. A Dim Light Amid Despair
8. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
9. First Battle
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Primal Desire
16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
17. Special Operations Squad
18. Needed to be Done
19. Female Titan
20. Forest of Giant Trees
21. Defeated
22. Memories of That Day
23. The Attacking Titan
24. End Result
25. Mere Threat
26. Beast Titan
27. Soilder
28. The Fallen Warriors
29. Blessing
30. Ruler of the Walls
31. Memories of the Future
32. Inevitable
33. The Other Side of the Walls
35. Grow Old Together
36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

34. Love Against Time

1.5K 27 0
By EreMikaheart

___________________________________________

It's going to be a long chapter. Enjoy!
___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

Birds kept chirping outside of Eren's home while the morning sun shone beautifully on the Walls.

Cold wind blew quitely, making the purple Campanula flowers danced while blue butterflies flew here and there.
.

At Eren's home, in his and Mikasa's room, he was preparing to leave while Mikasa was helping him with his preparation.

That's when Carla entered their room and stood at the door way. "Eren, you're leaving early today?"

"Yeah..." Eren said and put some documents in his handbag.

Carla stepped forward and put her hand on Eren's shoulder. "But Eren, you arrived late last night and now, you're leaving early?"

Eren looked at her tiredly. "Oh that." He smiled tiredly. "The Royal Government thought it would be a good idea to hold a meeting at night about a project I don't remember clearly about." He nervously chuckled. "Who even decides these timings? A bat?"

Mikasa giggled, standing accross from him, holding his handbag.

Carla let out a sigh. "Eren." She brought her hand towards his ear and pulled it.

Eren held Carla's wrist. "Ow!"

"You're 18 already, Eren!" Carla said. "Even if you get tired, you shouldn't be spacing out during work hours like that." She brought her hand back. "Do you forget that you're the Mayor of New Shiganshina?"

"Ugh..." Eren said, rubbing his ear.

Mikasa giggled. "You're the Mayor of Shiganshina but still your Mom scolds you?"

"Not you too, Mika!" Eren said, looking at Mikasa, blushing a bit with embarassment. "I was just thinking about home, ok?"

Carla smirked. "You mean Mikasa?"

Mikasa blushed a bit.

Eren nervously chuckled, looking at Carla. "Not only Mika, Mom!" He poked Carla's cheek. "I was thinking about your cooking too."

"Liar." Carla said and giggled.

Eren laughed a bit. Then he glanced at his wrist watch. "I should get going now." He took his handbag from Mikasa. "I'll be coming home anytime during lunch hours." He looked at Mikasa. "So, you don't have to drop off my lunch at my office today."

Mikasa nodded.

"Alright." Eren said and walked out of his room with Mikasa and Carla following behind.

Once near the door, Mikasa took Eren's coat from the coat hanger stand and help him wear it while Carla took his bag from his hand.

"But Eren, won't you get hungry later?" Carla asked with concern.

Eren smiled, looking at Carla. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll get something to eat from any nearby restaurant."

Carla nodded. "Alright."

"It won't be tasty like your cooking but it'll do the work." Eren said.

Carla smiled.

After Eren wore the coat, he took the bag from Carla and smiled. "Bye Mom."

"Bye Eren." Carla said. "Don't eat much from those restaurants, ok? Those foods aren't healthy."

"I won't, Mom." Eren said and turned to Mikasa, smiling.

"Bye dear." Mikasa said, smiling. "Take care."

"Bye my love." Eren said, smiling.

Then both of them leaned forward and shared a soft kiss like they always do before Eren goes to his office everyday.

After that, Eren opened the door and left the house.
.

He walked towards the stable and took out his horse. 'Shit. I am going to be late today.'

Then he sat on his horse and took off towards his office at New Shiganshina.
.

Mikasa waved one last time to Eren before closing the door. Then she turned to Carla. "You should sleep some more, Mom. It's still early in the morning." She smiled.

"Are you saying that I am an old woman now?" Carla asked, smiling. "I am just 44 years old, you know?"

Mikasa's eyes widened a bit. She nervously smiled and waved her hands before her. "No no, Mom! I didn't mean it that way, I swear!"

Carla covered her mouth with her palm and giggled. "I know, Mikasa." She removed her hand from her mouth, smiling. "I was just joking."

Mikasa chuckled. "You scared me, Mom."

Carla chuckled. "Since I am still young, I am going to clean the house and wash the -"

Mikasa stepped forward and grabbed her hands. "No Mom, you cook breakfast only. I'll do the rest like I usually do."

"Are you sure, Mikasa?" Carla asked with concern. "You didn't sleep well last night too as you were waiting for him. So you must be tired too."

"Don't worry, Mom." Mikasa said, smiling. "I am strong."

"Ok Mikasa, if you say so." Carla said, smiling.

Mikasa nodded and both of them left to do their respective chores.
.
.

After washing the clothes, Mikasa was currently putting them on the washing line in the backyard of their home, in front of their little farm.
.

Mikasa picked up her red scarf from the basket and just starred at it, smiling. 'We are in legal age now... I have to take the initiative and propose him first.' She put her scarf on the washing line. 'I just have to get a beautiful ring for him.' She bent down and picked up one of Eren's shirt. 'Let's see...' She put it on the washing line. 'I have to take Mom for ring shopping tomorrow.' She picked up the basket, turned around and left.
.

After putting the basket in the closet, Mikasa walked towards the kitchen where Carla was waiting for her with their breakfast on the dining table.

"Are you done, Mikasa?" Carla asked, looking at Mikasa as she just entered the kitchen.

"Yes Mom." Mikasa said and took a seat accross from her.

Carla smiled. "Let's have breakfast then."

Mikasa nodded and both of them started eating their breakfast with having little chit chats.
.
.

Once they were done having their breakfast, Mikasa took the dishes to the sink and started washing them.
.

While Mikasa was washing the dishes, Carla was knitting a sweater which was half done, sitting at the table.
.
.

After Mikasa was done washing the dishes, she approached Carla.

Once before her, she took a seat beside her on a chair and smiled. "Mom."

Carla looked at her. "Yes Mikasa?" She smiled. "You look happy today. What's the matter?" She put the niddle and half made sweater on the table and sat up straight.

"Oh... You see..." Mikasa said, nervous. "I am... planning on... proposing Eren this weekend."

Carla smiled brightly. "Really?"

Mikasa nodded, smiling shyly.

"Aww. That's so sweet of you to do that." Carla said smiling.

"Thank you, Mom." Mikasa said. "I've saved enough to buy an engagement ring for him. So, I just want you to come with me tomorrow to get a ring."

"I'll definitely come with you, Mikasa." Carla said. "Don't worry."

Mikasa nodded, smiling shyly. "What do you think his reaction will be? Will he say yes?"

Carla giggled. "Of course he'll, Mikasa. He loves you so much."

"I know that, Mom." Mikasa said, still smiling shyly. "I am just... nervous."

"You're this nervous now then how you'd be on your wedding day?" Carla asked, smiling.

Mikasa blushed and looked away. "I'll see." She looked at Carla. "If he says yes then I think we could get married the next year."

"That's a great idea." Carla said, smiling. "I can't wait to have you as my official daughter-in-law, Mikasa." She giggled.

"Ugh..." Mikasa said, blushing.

Silence fell upon them for some moments.

Carla's expression already had changed to a saddened one.

She slowly put her hand on Mikasa's hand which was on her lap. "Mikasa dear."

"Hm?" Mikasa said, curious.

"I know it's not a good thing to ask but..." Carla said and held Mikasa's both hands. "Mikasa, will it really be a good idea to marry Eren?"

Mikasa's eyes widened. "Mom? Why... are you asking me this?" Her expression saddened. "Do you not want me to... marry Eren?"

Carla let out a sigh. "I'm not against your relationship or anything, Mikasa. More than anything, I'll be more than happy for you marrying Eren. But..." She looked down. "...how will you manage to cope once he'll be gone... after..."

"5 years..." Mikasa sadly said and looked down.

"I'm sorry, Mikasa." Carla said, looking at her. "It's obvious how much you care and love Eren. You two always seemed inseparable to me. So, that's why I'm asking you this." She held Mikasa's shoulders, making her look at her. "Are you sure you want to marry Eren and go through the pain after his demise?"

"I... know I am going to lose him after 5 years..." Mikasa sadly said. "But until then, I just want to cherish every moments I get with him now. That's why..." She got teary eyed. "More than anything, I just want to be by his side and progress..." Her voice began to crack. "...our relationship even if it'll only last for 5 years..." Tears rolled down her face.

Carla got teary eyed too. "But Mikasa, how will you live without him then? I'm asking this for your future." Tears rolled down her face.

"I'll just live with all the memories of us together." Mikasa replied, crying. "And I have you to take care of. Plus if me and Eren have children together in the future, then it'll keep me moving forward." She sniffed. "I'm sorry Mom, but more than anything, I just want to be by his side..." She looked down and cried more.

Carla stood up and brought Mikasa into a tight hug. "Oh Mikasa." She rubbed her back.

Mikasa hugged Carla back and cried on her shoulder. "Mom, why it must have to be happening to me?" She sniffed. "First my parents and now the love of my life will be gone forever in 5 years!" She sniffed. "Why Mom? Why it happens to me anytime I want to be happy?" She sniffed. "I don't want to lose him, Mom... I don't..." She continued to cry on Carla's shoulder.

Carla remained speechless while tears continued to roll down her face. "Oh Mikasa..." She tightened her grip and cried with Mikasa.

They continued to cry on eachother's embrace for a few moments.

"It's just..." Mikasa quitely said and slowly pulled away from the hug. "My love against time." She wiped her tears.

Carla stood up straight and wiped her own tears. "Yeah..." She sat down on the chair.

"But Mom, I'm just his significant other and you're his mother." Mikasa sadly said. "How... will you cope?"

Carla let out a sigh and looked down. "What is worse than seeing your child slowly loosing his life... in front of your eyes...? Something within him is slowly killing him from inside and we won't be able do anything to stop it." She shook her head. "He saved all of us from the outside world but what about him?" She looked at Mikasa. "I always knew he was destined for greatness but if this was what he was destined for then this isn't greatness for me... I already have lost Grisha and now, I'll be loosing my son after 5 years..." She let out a sigh. "I don't know how I'll be able to live with his absence..." She looked away.

Mikasa reached out and grabbed Carla's shoulders. "Don't say that, Mom. Let's not think about this now."

"Yeah. You're right." Carla said and smiled. "So I was thinking, you should request Lady Kiyomi to bring you two engagement rings from Hizuru. I believe she'll get you beautiful rings."

Mikasa smiled. "Yeah. That's a great idea."

"Afterall, you're the princes of Hizuru." Carla said, smiling.

Mikasa blushed a bit. "Then I can get Eren the biggest diamond ring in this world." She giggled.

Carla let out a chuckle. "I'm sure they'll get you that too."

Mikasa let out a sigh. "Let's see what type of ring we'll get tomorrow."

Carla nodded. Then she put her hand on Mikasa's shoulders. "Mikasa, you should go take a nap now, I'll wake you up when Eren arrives."

"Ok Mom." Mikasa said, smiling.

"And don't think about these too much, Ok?" Carla asked and brought her hands back.

"I won't, Mom." Mikasa said and stood up. Then she turned around and left for her and Eren's room with a saddened expression. 'It'll just last for 5 years...' She let out a sigh.

After a moment, Mikasa entered their room and closed the door behind her. 'I guess I should change to one of his tshirts now.' She smiled and walked towards the closet.

Once before the closet, she opened the door, took out one of Eren's tshirt and closed the closet.

Then she changed into his tshirt and laid down on the bed.

She pulled up the blanket and frowned as she remembered her conversation with Carla earlier.

Tears started to roll down her face again. 'He'll be... gone after... 5 years... My dream of... growing old... with him will... never happen...' She sniffed. 'Why must things end like this...' She wiped her tears.

"Please Ymir, don't take Eren away from me this time too..." Mikasa muttered and continued crying quitely.

After a few more moments of crying quitely, she fell asleep.
.

Carla continued to make the sweater with a saddened expression. 'Poor girl...' She let out a sigh. 'She probably will never move on from Eren once he'll be gone...' She looked outside at the lone tree through the kitchen window.

"I wish a miracle would happen on their wedding day that will stop Eren's inevitable fate..." Carla muttered with a saddened expression.
.
.

It was currently afternoon.
.

In his office, Eren was currently preparing his stuffs to leave for home.

That's when someone knocked on his door.

Eren looked at the door. "Come in."

A additional worker of his office opened the door and entered, holding a fancy bag with the Azumabito sign on it.

"Please excuse the intrusion, sir." The worker said, walking towards Eren.

Eren smiled. "It's no problem."

The worker stopped before Eren and held out the bag. "Sir, Lady Kiyomi has sent this for you."

"Lady Kiyomi?" Eren asked and took the bag from the worker.

"Yes sir." The worker said.

"Thank you." Eren said, smiling. "You can go now."

The worker nodded, turned around and left.
.

Eren kept starring at the bag with a smile. "Lady Kiyomi did keep her words..."
.
.

Carla was cleaning the extra dishes in the sink when Eren opened the front door.
.

Eren entered, holding a handbag and the fancy bag in his hand. "I'm home, Mom, Mikasa." He closed the door behind him and removed his hat from his head.

After some moment, Carla came to the living room and smiled "Welcome Eren."

Eren smiled, removing his coat.

Carla stepped forward and stood before him. "How was your day? I didn't expect you to come home this early."

Eren put his coat on the coat hanger stand and looked at Carla. "Oh yeah. I was done early today. And it was a good day."

"That's good to know." Carla said, smiling. Then she glanced at the fancy bag which was on the floor. "The Azumabito sign?" She looked at Eren. "What's in that bag, Eren?"

Eren stepped forward a bit with a serious expression. "Before that, where is Mikasa now, Mom?"

"She is in your room, sleeping right now." Carla replied, confused.

Eren sighed in relief and picked up the bags.

"So, what's in there?" Carla asked, curious.

Eren smiled shyly and leaned towards Carla's ear. Then he muttered something to her.

Carla smiled brightly. "Really?!"

Eren stood up straight. "Whoa Mom! Don't shout like that. She'll wake up." He nervously said.

"Ah sorry." Carla said, smiling. "But you don't have any idea about how proud I am of you right now." She happily said and hugged Eren.

Eren smiled and hugged her back.

"My son is growing up fast." Carla said, smiling.

Eren chuckled.

After a moment, they broke the hug.

"Lunch is ready." Carla said, smiling. "You should go, wake up your wife now." She giggled.

Eren blushed a bit. "Ok." He walked past Mikasa, towards their room.
.

Eren slowly opened the door to their room and entered.

Then he looked at a sleeping Mikasa with a smile but his smile dropped as he saw the tear strained face of Mikasa which was clearly visible in sun light.

Eren closed his eyes and let out a sigh. Then he looked at Mikasa again with a saddened expression. 'Poor Mika... She probably cries whenever I am not around...' He walked towards the table and put his bag on it. 'I am making it worse by being in a relationship with her...' He thought while opening the fancy box. He took out two boxes and looked at them. 'Should I really be doing this?' He let out a sigh and hide them in another bag. 'But, I can't stop it... I can't just stop loving her overnight... It's already decided... from the beginning...' He let out a sigh.

Then he went to their bathroom to freshen up.

After freshening up, he came out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

Then he looked at Mikasa with a saddened expression. "Only a miracle could save her from being heart broken..." He slowly stepped forward.

Once before her, he kneeled down. Then he reached out, caressed her cheeks and wiped her tears. "Wake up, my love. I'm home." He smiled.

After a moment, Mikasa slowly opened her eyes and looked at Eren. "Eren?"

Eren gently pinched her cheek, smiling. "Yeah. Now wake up, you sleepyhead."

Mikasa rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up. "You came home early today."

Eren stood up and took a seat beside her. "Yeah. I was done early today. Isn't that a good thing?"

Mikasa smiled. "Yes it it." She clinged to his hand. "Now we can spend the rest of the day together."

"Right." Eren said, smiling.

Both of them kept starring at eachother for a moment before leaning forward and pressing their lips together.

After a few moments, they broke the kiss.

"Let's go, Mika." Eren said and got out of the bed. "I am hungry now."

Mikasa got out of the bed, smiling. "When you're not hungry anyways?"

Eren chuckled, looking at Mikasa. "That's my secret, Mika. I am always hungry."

Mikasa giggled. "Let's go." She held Eren's hand and left for the kitchen.
.

Carla was sitting at the dining table at the kitchen, waiting for them with their lunch on the table.

Once they entered, Carla smiled. "Hurry up, kids. You must be hungry."

Eren and Mikasa nodded.
.

After washing their hands, the three of them sat together at the dinner table and started having their lunch.

Carla took a bite from the fillet of beef and looked at Eren. "So Eren, how are Dina and Zeke? You must have meet them yesterday, right?"

Eren looked at her. "Ah. They are good though. And talking about Zeke, well he convinced our grandparents to shift here." He smiled.

Carla smiled. "Grisha's parents?"

Eren nodded, smiling. "Yeah. They'll be coming here in a week."

"I'd love to meet them." Carla said.

Eren nervously smiled. "Oh well... I don't think my grandfather is in a good mental condition."

Carla let out a sigh. "Well, it was expected. I mean he and his wife literally lost two of their children in a span of 15 years." She shook her head. "The worst nightmare for any parents." She looked down. 'And I'm going to experience the same in 5 years...' She shook her head and resumed eating.

Eren kept looking at her with a saddened expression as he knew what Carla was thinking about.

Mikasa noticed his expression. Then she reached out and held his hand.

When Eren looked at her, Mikasa smiled and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

Eren smiled back.

"So Eren, how are you doing as a mayor now?" Mikasa asked, smiling. "Exactly one year ago they elected you as the Mayor of Shiganshina, don't you remember?"

"Oh that." Eren said, smiling. "Well, it's obviously less tiring than the Survey Corps though. Other than the paper works, everything is great though."

"Well, you're doing great as a mayor though." Carla said, smiling. "Shiganshina is now better than it was before the breach. You're a great leader, Eren."

"Thanks Mom." Eren said, smiling. Then he took a bite out of a meat fillet. "Sorry. I forgot to tell you guys this."

"What is it?" Mikasa asked.

"I signed a contract with the Royal goverment yesterday as they want to build a port and sea level canal that will be built closer to Shiganshina." Eren said.

"Sea level?" Carla said.

"Yeah. It'll be connected to the sea." Eren said.

"That's a good idea then." Carla said. "That way those people from Marley will get more work opportunities."

"Right." Eren said.

Carla smiled. "You definitely are doing a good job, Eren."

Eren smiled. "Thanks Mom."

Carla drank some water from a cup. Then she looked at Eren. "You know, when you were little, I always wanted you to be a doctor like your Dad."

"Really?" Eren asked, a bit surprised.

Carla nodded. "Yeah. But then the Walls were breached, you joined the Survey Corps and now, you're the of Mayor Shiganshina." She smiled. "Grisha would have been proud of you."

Eren nodded, smiling. "Well, I can still be a doctor in a few hours." He chuckled.

"How come?" Mikasa asked, curious.

"If I make contact with Historia then I can heal any Eldian with the power of the Founding Titan within seconds." Eren replied, smiling.

Mikasa and Carla laughed.

"Now that's some genius level thing no-one even talks about." Mikasa said and giggled.

"Right." Eren said and chuckled.

"Then you'll be referred as Dr. Yeager like your Dad." Carla said.

"No thanks. That would be so formal for me." Eren said.

Carla chuckled.

Then they resumed eating.

After some moments, he remembered something.

He smiled shyly and looked at Mikasa. "Mika..."

Mikasa looked at him and smiled. "Hmm?"

"Um... Would you like to go on a date to the beach today?" Eren asked, a bit nervous.

"Um? The mayor of Shiganshina wants to go on a date with me today?" Mikasa asked, smiling.

Carla giggled.

"Come on, Mika." Eren said. "Mayors and titan shifters have social life too, you know? Besides, I am asking you, the third strongest human, on a date."

Mikasa giggled. "Ok ok. I'll come with you."

"Thank you." Eren said.

"When is the date of your's, Eren?" Carla asked, smiling.

Eren looked at her. "Oh. This afternoon, before sunset."

"I see." Carla said, smiling. "Do you have something planned for her?" She bit her lips.

"Well no." Eren replied. "I just wanted to spend some time with her at the beach."

Carla nodded.

Eren resumed eating while Mikasa kept looking at him.

'Does he have something planned for me?' Mikasa wondered then resumed eating.
.
.

After having their lunch and washing the dishes, the couple were currently laying down on their bed in their room, cuddling.

"My dear." Mikasa called out, holding Eren closer to her chest.

"Hm?" Eren said and looked up at her from her breasts while still hugging her waist.

Mikasa put her hand on Eren's cheek and caressed it. She smiled. "We're 18 now. So, have you thought about... taking our relationship further?"

"No to be honest." Eren said and buried his face in Mikasa's breasts again.

Mikasa's expression saddened. "Really?" She started stroking his hair.

"Yeah..." Eren said, secretly smiling. "I just haven't as I stay busy all day... I am sorry, my love."

"Oh it's ok, dear." Mikasa sadly said, still stroking his hair. 'Is he not ready to progress our relationship yet?' She let out a sigh. 'Then what's the point of getting a ring tomorrow if he isn't ready yet?' She closed her eyes. 'Should I get one anyways and propose him this weekend despite him being not ready yet or should I wait for him... No I can't wait for him... not when he's running out of time...' She let out a sigh. 'Why this has to be so confusing?!'

Eren tightened his grip a bit, smiling. 'You'll get a surprise today, my love.'

After some moments, he dozed off to sleep.
.

Two hours passed by.
.

"My dear, wake up." Mikasa said, slightly shaking Eren. "We'll be late for our date."

Eren slowly opened his eyes and groaned, still hugging Mikasa's waist. "Ugh..."

"Dear." Mikasa said, smiling, looking down at him.

Eren slowly lifted his head and looked up at Mikasa from her breast. "Oh. My love..." He tiredly smiled. "What time is it?"

"It's 4:30 P.M now." Mikasa replied and pinched Eren's cheek. "Let's get ready to leave."

Eren nodded and slowly sat up, tiredly.

Mikasa sat up and put her hand on Eren's shoulder. "Still feeling sleepy?"

Eren smiled tiredly. "Yeah. A bit." He yawned. "But it's no problem."

"It you say so." Mikasa said, smiling. Then she leaned forward and pecked his lips. "Let's go."

Eren nodded, smiling.

Then both of them got out of their bed and started to get ready for their date.
.
.

Mikasa entered their room, holding her scarf.

Once she stopped before Eren, she wrapped it around him, smiling.

Eren gently touched it's fabric, smiling. "Let's go, my love."

Mikasa nodded and held his hand.

Then they left before closing the door behind them.
.

Carla looked up at them, pausing her knitting. She smiled. "Leaving now?"

"Yes Mom." Eren said, smiling.

"Take care, kids." Carla said.

Eren and Mikasa nodded.

Then they walked towards the door and left their home before closing the door.
.

"Did you meet with Armin?" Mikasa asked, taking out her horse from the stable.

Eren sat on his horse saddle and looked at her. "Well, no. I haven't in a while now."

Mikasa sat on her horse. "So, should we go meet them tomorrow?"

Eren smiled. "Ok."

Mikasa nodded.

Then both of them took off towards the ocean.
.

Their horses galloped though Shiganshina.

They passed by many newly made houses, ponds and many shops.
.

After a few minutes, they passed by Shiganshina gate.

Mikasa looked at Eren. "You said a sea level canel will be made here, right?"

"Yeah." Eren said, looking at her.

"I suppose the 6 titans will be used in construction of the Canal." Mikasa said.

"Yeah." Eren said and looked ahead.
.
.

After one hour, they arrived at the sea.
.

With the help of Marley, a port was built at the ocean bank which was just completed.

Just a few metres beside it, there resides a small park to watch the sunset.
.

After tying their horses in the stables, the couple sat on a bench, hugging eachother.

Silence fell upon them for some moments as they kept looking at the horizon.

Mikasa looked at Eren. "Dear, is there something you wanted to talk about?" She put her palm on his face. "You seem so conflicted now."

Eren put his hand on her's and looked at her. "Well, yeah..."

"Just tell me, Eren." Mikasa softly said.

Eren let out a sigh. "It's about... us."

Mikasa let out a sigh. "I knew you'd talk about it now." She shook her head.

Eren looked ahead. "I am sorry, Mika."

"It's ok, Eren. You can tell me." Mikasa said and forced a smile.

"Well, you were talking about taking our relationship further this afternoon." Eren said and looked at Mikasa.

"Yeah..." Mikasa said.

"But, will it really be a good idea?" Eren sadly asked.

Mikasa looked down. "I... don't know anymore..."

Eren looked ahead. "I've seen us getting married in my Dad's memories but still... will it be ok...?"

Mikasa looked at him. "What are you afraid of, Eren?"

Eren looked at her. "I am afraid of your future after my death."

Mikasa held his hands. "But you don't have to, Eren. I'll manage somehow."

"I don't know how you'll manage but..." Eren said and looked ahead. He let out a sigh. "You'll live a long life after I'll be gone. You might take my place as the Mayor, explore the outside world with the Survey Corps." He let out a sigh. "And after a few years, you might... find someone el-"

Suddenly, Mikasa grabbed Eren by his collar and pulled him closer. "Eren!" She sternly said with furrowed eyebrows. "I'll never love anyone else other than you, alright?! How could you even say that I'll find someone else after your demise?! Huh?!" She got teary eyed.

Eren looked away.

Tears started to roll down Mikasa's face. "Do you have any idea how much you mean to me?! I don't care if I will still grieve for you till my death but I'll never love anyone else!" She shook him. "What you're even afraid of, Eren?! Are you doubting my love now?! Just how many times are you going to push me away?! Just how many times are you going to break my heart?! Huh?!" She grabbed his chin and made him look at her. "Why are you being a coward? Huh? You called me a slave back then and now you're being like one!" She tightened her grip. "You'll be dead so you won't be able to know how I-" She stopped as she realised what she just blurted out. Her eyes widened and more tears rolled down her face. She let out a muffle cry. "I..."

Eren smiled sadly and wiped her tears. "Sorry for bringing this topic, my love."

Suddenly Mikasa hugged Eren tightly and cried on his chest. "I am... sorry, Eren... I didn't mean to say that... I... I didn't mean to yell at you... I am sorry... I just didn't like it when you said... I'll find someone else..." She sniffed. "I am sorry, Eren." She sniffed. "I didn't mean to say that, Eren... I am sorry... I am..."

Eren kept rubbing her back. "It's ok, my love. It's my fault anyways." He placed soft kisses on her head. "I promised not to talk about this." He nuzzled his face on her hair. "Let's just live my remaining 5 years without thinking much about it."

Mikasa just nodded while she was listening his heartbeat.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Eren noticed the setting sun in the horizon.

He pulled away from the hug and smiled. "Let's go the water, Mika." He gently wiped her tears.

Mikasa smiled. "Ok Eren."

Both of them stood up and walked towards the shore with Eren walking behind Mikasa.

Once there, they stood on the shore where the sea water touched their feet.

Mikasa had a big smile on her face. "It's beautiful, isn't it..." She turned to her left. "...Ere-" She gasped.

On her left, Eren had kneeled down on one knee while holding out a velvet box before him. He had a big smile on his face.

Mikasa fully turned to him, surprised. "Eren...?"

"Mikasa Ackerman..." Eren said, smiling brightly. "Ever since the day we met in the cabin, I've always loved you... not just in this life but in our previous one too."

Mikasa blushed while tears started forming in the corner of her eyes.

"I know its obvious for everyone that you love me to death." Eren said, smiling. "Heck, sometimes it feels like you love me more than my Mom does." He chuckled

Mikasa laughed while tears rolled down her face.

"I know I can never match your level of loving someone." Eren said, eyes watery. "I've caused you so much trouble and pain in our both lives." Tears rolled down his face. "I know I can do nothing to fill that void. But the least I can do is to stay by your side till death do us apart." He smiled. "So, Mikasa Ackerman, will you marry me and stay by my side till my death do us apart?"

"Eren..." Mikasa softly called out, crying. "How can I turn something down that I've always dreaded." She stepped forward. "You don't know how many times I have imagined this moment just to be happy for a moment or two..." She stopped before him. "Now that I'm living this moment, how could I turn it down?" She smiled brightly. "So yes, Eren. I'll marry you and stay by your side... till death do us apart."

Eren smiled brightly before standing up.

Then he took out the engagement ring from the velvet box.
.

It was a 2.50ct green emerald diamond in a 18K white gold solitaire setting ring.
.

He gently held Mikasa's left hand and put the ring on her ring finger.

After that, both of them kept starring at eachother, smiling while tears continued to roll down their faces.

"Eren..." Mikasa softly called out.

"That's not it." Eren said and searched for something in his pocket.

"Hm?" Mikasa said, confused.

Then Eren took out another velvet box and handed it to Mikasa, smiling.

Mikasa took the box from his hand in surprise and opened it, revealing another engagement ring.
.

It was a 2.50ct grey coloured diamond in a 18K white gold solitaire setting ring.

It has the same design as the one Eren gave to Mikasa.
.

Mikasa took the ring out and smiled, looking at it. "You are well prepared today, huh?" She looked up at Eren.

Eren chuckled. "I am always prepared."

Mikasa giggled. Then she held Eren's left hand and put the ring on his ring finger.

Then both of them just starred at eachother, smiling.

After a moment, Mikasa put her hands on Eren's neck and brought him closer, smiling.

Eren put his hands on Mikasa's waist, smiling.

Then both of them leaned forward and shared their first kiss as an engaged couple.

Their kiss was deeper than any other kisses they had shared before.

After what felt like an eternity, they slowly pulled away, breathing heavily.

Then, Mikasa hugged Eren tightly and put her head on his chest.

Eren hugged her back and both of them started crying happily.

After a few moments, their sobbing died down.

They pulled away a bit from eachother and just starred eachother's eyes.

Mikasa chuckled. "You know, I was planning on proposing you this weekend."

"Really?" Eren asked, a bit surprised.

"Yeah..." Mikasa said, smiling. "I was going to buy an engagement ring tomorrow with your Mom but I guess you beat me to it." She giggled.

Eren chuckled. "Well, I am always a step ahead, you know."

"Right." Mikasa said.

Eren put his palm on Mikasa's cheek and wiped her tears. "I don't know what future holds for us but one thing I know is that..." He removed Mikasa's scarf from his neck and started wrapping it around her. "I'll wrap this scarf around you as many times as you want." He tossed the last bit over her face.

Mikasa smiled and gently touched the fabric of her scarf. "You wrapped this scarf around me, thank you, Eren."

Eren smiled. Then he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "And also, I am sure that we'll get married soon." He put his hand on her face and gently wiped her tears.

Mikasa put her hand on his, smiling. "When do you want to get married?"

"Next year if that's ok with you." Eren said, smiling.

"I am ok with any date you choose." Mikasa said.

Eren pinched Mikasa's nose. "Let's get married now then."

"I am ok with that too." Mikasa said, smiling.

Eren just nodded. Then he held Mikasa's hand, turned around and walked towards the bench.

Once before the bench, both of them sat down, facing the sun set.

Mikasa wrapped her arms around Eren's torso and put her head on his chest, listening to her favourite sound, his heartbeat.

Eren wrapped his arm around her and brought her closer.

Silence fell upon them for some moments.

"Darling..." Mikasa called out, blushing as it was the first time she called Eren that.

Eren smiled. "Yes my love?" He chuckled.

Mikasa giggled. "So I was wondering, how did you manage to buy these rings?" She brought left hand before her and looked at her ring. "It looks expensive and unique."

"I requested Lady Kiyomi for these a month ago." Eren said, smiling, looking at his own ring.

Mikasa looked up at him from his chest. "Really?" She wrapped her arm around him again.

"Yeah. And since you're an important person to them, she got me these unique rings for free even if I insisted paying her." Eren said, looking down at Mikasa.

"Oh." Mikasa said and smiled. "I love your choice of getting a green one and a grey one to match our eye colours."

"Well, we love eachother's eyes so I decided it would be a great idea to get the matching ones." Eren said, smiling. "And all top of that, it's all thanks to Lady Kiyomi."

"I have to thank her personally now." Mikasa said, smiling.

"How about we go to Hizuru after our marriage for our honeymoon?" Eren asked.

"Well, that would be a great idea though." Mikasa said. "We could explore a new nation that way."

"Right." Eren said and looked ahead.

Silence fell upon them.

"Darling..." Mikasa called out, eyes downcast.

"Hmm?" Eren said, still looking ahead.

"Do you think... Founder Ymir will do something this time to stop your inevitable fate?" Mikasa asked and looked up at him from his chest.

Eren brought his hand towards her head and stroke her hair. "I am not sure, dear. I still don't know the end results of all of these... I don't know how Ymir will be freed this time..." He let out a sigh. "Dad's memories also ended with us getting married... In the Paths, I couldn't find out anything either. So, I don't know what will happen after that our marriage..."

Mikasa nuzzled her face on his chest again, listening to his heartbeat. "I see..."

"Who knows what Founder Ymir decided while giving you a second chance." Eren said.

"Hm..." Mikasa said.

Silence fell upon them for some moments.

"Sometimes I wonder..." Mikasa said and looked up at Eren. "What if on that day, I had chosen another answer and we'd simply had run away somewhere, how our life would have been..."

Eren let out a sigh and looked at Mikasa, stroking her hair. "It'd have very difficult for you, my love. After my demise, you'd have left alone by yourself in an unknown area with nowhere to go." He looked at the sea. "Historia... our friends, all of their lives would have been hell..." He looked down. "But... the world would have atleast be saved from me..." He let out a sigh. "Just to free Ymir and have my friends live a long life, now on a gigantic mountain of corpse I stand..." Tears rolled down his face. "All those people that I killed... they all had their own wishes... desires... hopes... memories... and much more..."

Mikasa kept starring at him with concern.

"Majority of them probably were about to get married just like us... but I took everything from them..." Eren sadly said while tears continued to roll down his face. "Since the day I got my memories back, I just try to not think of it... But..." He looked at the sea. "...at the end of every day, I ask this to myself..." He looked up at the sky. "Do i deserve it? Deserve the happiness I am getting now?"

Mikasa tightened her grip, still looking up at him. "You do, Eren. You've suffered so much too. I mean knowing that you'll commit genocide after 4 years is enough for someone to go crazy but you were able to keep yourself together." She put her hand on Eren's cheek. "You did all of that for our sake."

Eren looked down at her with a saddened expression.

"I think you deserve this second chance more than I do." Mikasa said.

"No my love..." Eren said. "You deserve it... You deserve every good thing life gives you..." He looked down. "You deserve better, Mika... But I don't know why you still love a mass murderer like me..."

Mikasa's eyes widened a bit and she looked down while tears started rolling down her face.

"You know what I am capable of doing... But still, just one look at me can make you happy for the rest of the day..." Eren said and looked at Mikasa, crying. "Why Mikasa, why do you love me so much?" He looked at the sea. "It's something I could never understand..." He wiped his tears.

Mikasa let out a sigh and buried her face on Eren's chest while tears continued to roll down her face. "Let's not talk about this... Please..."

"Yeah..." Eren said. After a moment, he smiled. "So, how many children do you want?" He looked down at her.

Mikasa blushed, smiling shyly. She looked up at him. "Um... two. What about you?"

"Same." Eren said. "What will we name them?"

"We'll decide it after having children first." Mikasa said, smiling.

"That's right." Eren said, smiling. "Let's not have them tonight." He smirked.

Mikasa blushed a bit and smiled. "I don't see any problem with trying to have them tonight though."

"Well, if we try having them tonight, then our wedding will be delayed." Eren said. "Don't you think?"

"Yeah you're right..." Mikasa said and her expression saddened. "But... You'll only get to see them till they turn 2/3..." She looked down.

Eren let out a sigh. "That's... ok for me... I just want to fulfill your wishes of us getting married and have children..." He smiled. "I bet you'll be great Mom."

Mikasa smiled and looked up at him. "You think so?"

"I do." Eren said, smiling. "I mean you've been mothering me and Armin throughout our childhood." He chuckled.

Mikasa giggled. "Right. You'd always get in trouble and I had to clean up after you every time."

"Oh well..." Eren said and chuckled. "What great days they were."

"Right." Mikasa said and nuzzled her face on Eren's chest. "So what do you think your Mom's reaction will be?"

"Well, I've told her beforehand so, she won't be surprised but will definitely be happy for us." Eren replied.

"Hm..." Mikasa said and looked up at him. "We should get married where your Mom and Dad got married in Shiganshina. What do you think?"

"That's a great idea." Eren said, looking at her with a smile.

"Hm..." Mikasa said and buried her face in his chest.

Silence fell upon them.

After some moments, Eren felt his eyelids getting heavier. "Dear..."

"Hmm?" Mikasa said and looked up at him.

"Can we switch position now?" Eren asked, smiling sleepily, looking down at Mikasa.

Mikasa smiled. "Feeling sleepy, my darling?" She sat up.

"Yeah..." Eren said and laid down, putting his head on Mikasa's lap.

Mikasa started stroking his hair.

Eren closed his eyes. "Since you're..." He yawned. "...strong, get me home too after one hour or two."

Mikasa giggled. "Ok darling. I'll wake you up once it's dinner time."

Eren smiled. "Thank you... my dear wife."

Mikasa blushed a bit, smiling shyly. "Welcome, my dear husband." Then she looked at the sea, still smiling.

"Family..."

_________________

___________________________________________

A/n

Hello everyone!

So, the next chapter will be the final chapter of this book.

Thank you for all comments and votes. I really appreciate it as it gave me a motivation to keep writing.

I was going to delete this book after the third chapter as I didn't even know how I'd continue it but because of all the comments and votes, I kept making chapters and now we are here.
.

To be completely honest, while writing my "Do I Deserve It?" book, I was unaware about most of the plots like the Attacking titan seeing the future. But, I made that regardless and it seems trash to me to be honest. That's why Eren seemed less confident in most of the parts in that book.

So yeah. This book seems a better "Second chance" story than that was.
.

So, after this book, I might make another one where some characters from this book and from my "I Love You... In Every Universe" book will struck in another universe for a while.
.

So, Thank you for making till here.

Stay safe!

___________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 57 6
[Book Two] Levi x Reader "What a plot twist you were." ❌ Do not copy my work. Don't repost it on any social media.
10.2K 309 58
Nº1 #Leviackermanxreader 14.01.2024 Nº1 #LeviAckerman 14.01.2024 Nº1 #Leviackermanxoc 14.01.2024 Nº1 #aotfanfic 20.01.2024 N°1 #levixoc 20.04.2024 It...
55.3K 1.3K 104
SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and becomes Founder Eren? Let's find out. It'...
44.3K 1.2K 48
An arrangement between a gay and his best friend? _______ Mikasa had been in love with Eren ever since they were kids but when she found out that he...