The Mark of the Moon

נכתב על ידי LittlePumpkinWriter

The Mona Empire has lived an era of peace and harmony until Krian, a girl gifted to summon Death, comes into... עוד

Introduction
Writer's Note
| Copyright |©
2 | To Protect The Child You Love
3 | Life With Predators
4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf
5 | A Glimpse of True Power
6 | How to be Human?
7 | The Manifestation of Curses
8 | The New World
9 | House of Knowledge
10 | The First Pillar
Writer's Note
11 | The Desolation of Rouges
12 | Vampir Ultimatum
13 | Royal Curse
14 | Feast of the Crimson Prince
15 | Taste of the Future
16 | The Guardian of the Walls
17 | Cross Paths
18 | The Mermaid in Elision
19 | The Princess Charming
20 | Home of Silverette
21 | Confrontations of Bloodlines
22 | Honey-Colored Gem
23 | She Who Calls Demons
24 | The Source of Power
25 | The Wrath of Sorrows
26 | King of Jewels

1 | The Pack Oracle Sees Flowers Falling

64 7 1
נכתב על ידי LittlePumpkinWriter

1 | The Pack Oracle Sees Flowers Falling

HUSH

Sherrie's POV

My shoes rustled against the grass while I silently walked near the pack house. Walking around at night with the wind blowing against my body, the cold pinching my skin and people's voices filling the air made the night perfect. The full moon was up high lighting the pack grounds with its glow. Kids ran around playing tag while teenagers and some of the adults sat near the bonfire singing a melodic song. I could see someone playing the guitar and the sweet tunes the guitar produces blends with the relaxing mood of the pack. As I continued to walk past the pack, people waved at me in respect of my position as their Pack Oracle and I waved back sending them a smile. Near the pack house, I saw the Alpha and the Luna mingling with their pack members, alcoholic drinks in hand while laughing at the Beta's joke. They spotted me and quickly invited me to come over there.

"Sherrie! Come have a drink with us! You're not going to work right now, are you?" Luna Ela's sweet voice made me stop walking.

"Hello Luna Ela. I'm not going to work. I want to visit my friend. Thanks for inviting me but I gotta keep going." I replied before bowing at them in respect. They all sent me their smiles telling me they understood and I continued to walk towards my friend's home. The door was open when I arrived and I could hear the couple talking about their future with their future child.

"Good evening, Lilja. Björn." I greeted them as I entered their home. Lilja is a woman you can describe as cute the moment you see her due to the fact that she's just four feet and eleven inches tall. She has a baby face that you could have mistaken as a teenager; small nose, bow lips, dark gray eyes, shoulder- length brown hair and has olive skin. Her husband, on the other hand, was a big man with his towering height of six feet. He has fair skin, short light blond hair, big lips, a crooked nose due to his combat experiences and he has beautiful light blue eyes. Lilja was sitting on a yellow wing chair while her husband was sitting on another winged chair but in the color brown situated beside her. His hand was on her big swollen belly and they couldn't hide their excitement and happiness with the way their faces glowed and their eyes twinkled. Björn stood up from his seat and offered it to me.

"Thank you." I said before sitting down.

"Would you like a drink?" He asked. The couple lived simply in this pack and they followed orders with respect. They have no bad records whatsoever in the pack for they treated everyone kindly with no ill- will. To be honest, they can have a higher position within the pack considering the character of respect, honor, dignity, trust, loyalty and great support they have given for the pack. If only there's an empty position to be filled in...

"Water will be good, Björn. Thank you." He nodded before going to the kitchen. Although he is silent sometimes, when he talks, his words are not rubbish.

"How are you, sweetie?" I asked her and her sweet smile drew on her lips as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm feeling good but I am still nervous. I am nervous about giving birth. I heard it's very painful." There was a bit of worry hinted at her face. I leaned forward and touched her hand, patting it before I spoke.

"You will be fine. It might be painful, yes, but think about the joy and love your child will give to you. It will be all worth it." I smiled and she nodded before she looked at her belly. Her lips curved up as she drew out a long breath.

"I cannot wait to see you, Krian." Her words were sweet like her voice. She will be a great mother. I can tell it.

"Krian... what a beautiful name!" I beamed and she let out a soft chuckle.

"I know right. We decided to join my grandma's name, Annie, and Björn's grandpa named Kristian. I wanted a part of them to be a part of our future."

"It's lovely. I like it. So when are you due?"

"Two weeks from now but that's only an estimation. She might be earlier or later than the expected date."

"Drinks and food everybody!" Her husband announced pushing a silver tray filled with sandwiches, a pitcher of cold water and three glasses.

"Oh you don't have to." I said as he began to pour me a glass of water.

"Don't mind me. You're a part of our family now." He gave it to me and I thanked him.

"You seriously scored a mate here." I pointed at her husband while looking at her and she laughed.

"Yes, I did."

"I cannot wait for Krian to be born. I can't wait to be a godmother." I cannot contain the thrill I had for their daughter. I promised to myself I will be a good role model to her and will help her here in the pack. They both laughed at my enthusiasm.

"Us too. Just don't be overprotective, Sherrie." I scoffed, waving a hand at them.

"You're the one to talk. You almost covered your entire house with pillows and cushions because you are afraid your child will get injured or have an accident." They burst out laughing as we recalled the time I barged into their home and saw them covering every corner of their house with cushions, pillows or something that's soft. For goodness sake, I didn't contain my laugh and I was sure everyone in the pack heard their oracle break from her usual calm demeanor.

"That we cannot deny." He said. When we calmed down, Björn offered his wife a sandwich which she gladly accepted and took a big bite out of it. Then, I saw him stroke her wife's belly before returning to the kitchen. Out of the blue, I had the sudden urge to touch her belly.

"Can I touch your belly?" There was a soft smile on her face at my request and I thought, maybe it's because I can never have children and she's going to give me her consent just to give me a small sensation of it. I admit to myself that I am a little bit sad that I can never have children of my own but I have a higher calling and I have a gift and a great responsibility given by the Moon Goddess. I always respect what She gives to me.

"Sure. You might feel her kick. She's been doing that lately and she had kept me awake late at night sometimes." She said before gesturing to put my hand on her belly.

"Okay." I drew out a breath feeling nervous all of a sudden. There was a heavy ominous feeling settling in my heart.

Why do I feel nervous?

That question was answered the moment I touched her belly. A loud gasp came out of me as visions started to appear right before my eyes. My best friend's face slowly faded and I focused on the visions I was seeing. An image of a beautiful young woman with captivating violet eyes and white hair flashed before my eyes before I saw nothing but darkness. I could hear a baby crying loudly but I didn't know where it was. It was pitch black and I couldn't see anything. I reached out my hands trying to grasp anything to hold. Nothing. I was in an empty space. Then, the full moon showed up in the sky closer than I have ever imagined and I heard the baby's cry go louder. However, it stopped when I heard someone shushing her, lulling her into sleep.

"Sleep, sweetheart. You're going to be okay." Lilja! It's her!

The baby stopped crying and it was replaced by my friend sobbing. I walked around the dark space I was in looking for her, shouting her name but she didn't respond. Instead, a loud howl broke out followed by another howl and then a number of wolves began to howl with them. I went cold and I was frozen in my spot recognizing the sound they were producing. They were mourning. Someone has died in our pack?

Then, they suddenly stopped the moment I saw a large brown wolf jump out of nowhere and the moon gave him light. Its eyes were glowing blue and I knew he's one of ours in the Ancient Howler pack. He growled viciously, commanding with authority and power. I immediately recognized him as our Alpha. He snapped his jaws at me as if challenging me and I became nervous knowing I would never challenge an alpha. The baby cried again and he snapped his head towards where the cries came from. The Moon illuminated a baby in a white cradle and the Alpha slowly approached it but he changed his stance. I expected him to be calm and gentle while he approached the baby but he was livid as if he wanted to kill it with the way his predatory eyes focused on the innocent child and his body crouched like he's getting ready to pounce on the baby. My instincts kicked in and I ran towards the baby. The wolf chased me and just as he was about to get his claws on me, I reached the cradle and he disappeared like smoke. My heavy pants were the only sound I could hear. I carried the baby in my arms and looked at the Moon. A tug in my heart pulled me forward until I was completely facing the Moon, its brightness not blinding me at all. It's light, warm and comforting.

"Look at her." I heard the Moon Goddess whisper and I looked down at the baby wrapped in a white sheet. I pushed the sheet covering her face and gasped. Her eyes were so beautiful. They're bluish purple. Like amethyst. I pushed back the sheet entirely out of her face and it surprised me to see her hair in a color of platinum blond. I have never seen such a unique baby. She's like the infant version of the young woman I have seen earlier. I touched her cheek and she hummed in response. Such a sweet innocent baby.

Why would Alpha Armann want to kill you? While I was admiring the baby in my arms, a flower fell and landed on her chest. She giggled before she closed her eyes. I looked around and noticed hundreds of flowers, in different kinds falling in slow motion. Roses, lilies, daisies, tulips, and every kind of flower fell and landed on the ground. Ground? That's when I noticed the surface I was standing on. Water. The flowers fallen floated while others continued to fall.

Why am I floating? Why am I involved in this?

A cry snapped me from my alarming thoughts and I looked down at the baby. I began to sway trying to make her sleep but she continued to cry. At that moment, she spotted the red rose on her chest. Her small left hand came up and touched the rose. The flower quickly burned and turned to ash before it was carried away by the wind. All the floating flowers also burned and they turned to ash before sinking into the water. I looked at the baby I was holding horrified at what I just witnessed. I cannot help but shake in fear at the knowledge that something bad will happen in connection with the baby. Suddenly, my friend came out on my right and took the baby from me. I just stood there still processing and waiting silently for what would happen next. She was in tears and she kissed the baby on her forehead whispering her love for her child. Oh no. It's her baby. It's Krian. The moment I figured out who the baby was, the Moon Goddess went away from me and went back to its normal size up in the sky.

"She can cry, whine, hum and make other sounds but she will not speak." I heard the Moon Goddess whisper as I looked up at her. Oh Goddess! What's going on? Before I could speak to her, a loud cry disturbed the silent space. Without warning, the Moon went bright illuminating the whole area I was in and I froze in fear. I was surrounded by angry... no.... murderous werewolves with their eyes glowing blue fueled with pure hate. I saw the Alpha leading his pack of werewolves on my right and Björn leading his own pack on my left. They were snarling, and growling at each other in challenge. My friend carrying her baby was in the middle with me and she was crying looking at both groups in uncertainty and fear. She was pleading for them to stop but the werewolves didn't listen. I tried to talk but nothing came out except air. I held my throat tightly trying to take words out of my mouth but I couldn't. I looked at both leaders and they were both looking at my friend and the baby. Lilja held her baby tightly in a protective manner and the Alpha growled.

"No one will hurt my pack."

"No one will hurt my child." Björn growled back.

"This is war!" The moment they were about to lunge at each other with their eyes going for the kill, Krian's loud cry broke out and they all sank deep into the water including my friend. It was silent once again and I saw the baby floating on the ground, sleeping peacefully. I hurriedly picked her up and searched for any more clues hidden. That's when I spotted someone or something watching us. It was another werewolf. This one was gray and it looked like a youngling. He just stared at us for a couple of seconds before walking away. I breathed out a sigh of relief thinking he would not attack us.

I looked back at the baby and to my horror, she's not in my arms anymore but she was replaced with fresh blood covering my entire hands up to my arms.

"Oh Goddess!" I screamed in horror, looking at my bloody hands in horror. I began to panic and I tried to wash it off using the water under me but I cannot take it off. I took a glance of the Moon to see it was turning red and blood was dripping out of it. I searched to see where the blood had fallen down to see Krian's white blanket covered in blood. That's the last thing I saw before the bloody moon burst its brightness and once again, I was surrounded by werewolves. This time, however, they were killing each other. Werewolves biting each other's flesh off, muzzles and bodies bloody and claws digging each other's skins. I saw other werewolves falling on to the ground dying then Krian's cry broke the war and everyone stopped and just stared at the moon.

A girl will be born with blood in the Night

Her hair will be in the color of the moonlight

Eyes the shade of amethyst, a mark on her skin

She will not speak for death she will bring.

The Moon Goddess' sweet voice rang inside my head with warning then I was pulled out of the visions and was back in my friend's house. Björn was shaking me with worry and Lilja was calling my name with the same expression like her husband's. Deep sorrow and fear surrounded me for I knew what will happen to their child and my godchild. Either she will be killed or she will start a war within our pack.

"Are you okay, Sherrie? What did you see?" Lilja asked and I cannot speak for my lips were trembling.

"I-I..." Björn gave me a glass of water but my hands were shaking badly I have to put it down.

"What did you see?" He asked me, his voice firm.

"Yo- you're child..." I breathed out and I wiped the sweat off my face. Their eyes went wide in alarm and I tried to collect myself together but I was failing miserably. That was one of the most horrifying visions I have ever seen.

"What? What will happen to our child?" The concerned future father held my shoulders together and looked directly into my brown eyes.

"She- she's cursed." I stuttered and he released me, stepping away from me. He pointed a finger at me and he used his other hand to run his fingers through his hair.

"No. That's not possible."

"I don't know for sure but the Goddess told me something." Lilja began to cry.

"What is it?" She asked with her hands around her belly.

"She's mute. Once she speaks, death will be upon us." The couple broke into tears shouting that it was not possible. I tear slipped out of my eyes and rolled down my cheeks hating the fact I bore the bad news to them.

"I have to go. I have to speak with the other oracles. I will speak to you again once I have some news." I told them, standing up. I was still weak from the visions and I looked at the time. I was out for an hour.

"I have informed the Alpha about what happened to you." Björn told me.

"Please find a cure or anything that will prevent this. Please. I don't want my daughter to get hurt." There was pain in his eyes as he pulled his weeping wife in his arms.

"I will do my best. I promise you, I will protect your daughter with my life." I know that Krian will be part of something that will happen in the future. I have a feeling that the Moon Goddess has given her a gift or a curse that will be vital to our species someday. I hope they will think this through before they do something that will make my visions come to life.

----
Next chapter to be posted tomorrow! Comment your thoughts down below. I hope you like it. Please vote if you like it. Thank you very much!

Follow me here and on my social media accounts! Let's vibe!

Twitter and Instagram: notsolilpumpkin

Tiktok: littlepumpkinwriter

Facebook: Lei LittlePumpkinWriter

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

186K 11.5K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
50.8K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...
117 0 18
In ancient Greece around 750 BC, An angel fell in love with the kindest most beautiful young woman in the village, that his boss ordered him to prote...
89 0 10
The Blood Moon awaits. Years after the foundation of Chaoria, a deadly prophecy turned everything good to bad. The realm of Chaoria split into the F...