The Tale Of A Mismatched Marr...

By Yagna13

You can find this book on Amazon! If you have Kindle subscription, you can read this book for free! He is a... More

Description
1. Oops!
2. The Lightning
3.The Solution
The Unexpected
6.The Bickering!
The Advise
Travel Along!
A Little Tipsy?
Apologizing!
The Newcomers!
The Trouble!
The Surveillance!
Understanding Her Heart!
Rowdy Mama!

5. A Plan Backfired!

451 78 25
By Yagna13

Lavanya’s PoV

It is the day of Appatha’s discharge. She has lost some weight but otherwise, she is well. We have been taking shifts to take care of her in the hospital for the past week and so no one reminded me that I am now, Varun’s wife. God, I cannot even think of it without gagging. Now that we are going back home, I should prepare my speech to make my mom and dad agree to let me stay home until I finish  my degree. One whole year! Though the probability of them agreeing to it is slim at the moment, I cannot back down now. I just cannot imagine being under the same roof as him.

So far, all my plans have collapsed. Nothing went as I planned. He tied the knot around my neck. To everyone, it is a sacred knot but to me, it is a noose around my neck to my death. The only thing that I can be so sure of is that he would sign in any paper that would make sure that I am off of his back. Only that keeps me going. If my parents or athai or mama or appatha or thatha asks me to go stay with him, I am sure he will come to my help.

“Here, take this bag and go with your husband to our home, Vani. Make Appatha’s bed ready. Prepare ‘Aarathi’ plate for her.” My mom told me, stuffing my hands with a bag. My blood pressure shot up high at the mention of ‘My Husband’. My mom is literally pushing me to my limits. 

“Ok!” I grabbed that bag and went out of the room. Mama and my dad went to pay off the bills and athai and amma were cleaning up the room Appatha was staying in the hospital. Thatha never left Appatha’s side. I wished for a life like my Appatha and Thatha and look what I have ended-up with!

I went in search of ‘my husband’. He was signing autographs in a hospital corridor. He is an idiot who has no sense of place. People are sick here and he is showing off his stardom here. I just wanted to fist bump on his head just like he does to me everytime.

“Athaan.” I called him trying to swim my way through the crowd.

“Sir, my daughter is a huge fan of yours. She is in the room next to this one. Can you please come and pay her a visit? She would be so happy!” A mother was begging him. 

“Sure!” He said with a smile and went along with her after posing for pictures with the remaining people. He didn't even spare a look to me. Arrogant, Head-weight Idiot.

I walked behind him as a swarm of people ran behind him. This has been happening for the past week every time he came to visit appatha. Stupid people, stupid him. The sick girl looked terrible. Her face brightened up as she saw him. He went near him and gave her a hug despite her unclean outfits. People awed him and I realized that it was just a publicity stunt. He posed for a picture with her and wished her well. She never let go of his hand all the time they were talking. I couldn't even stand to see the sight. 

“Athaan, we have to go home. I will wait near the car.” I told him and walked out without looking back at him. He came after what felt like an eternity.

“How long do you want me to wait for you in this hot sun? Have you done using your charms on that girl? God knows how many girls you have in Chennai. Come, we have to go home to make things ready for appatha.” I snarled at him as soon as he came.

“Shut up. Who asked you to wait in the hot sun? There are trees and shades all around and your dumb brain made you stand in the hot sun. you redundantly prove you are an idiot. Get in the car before I kill you.” He raged more than me. His anger always makes my insides twist in fear and I instantly shut up my mouth and get in the car.

“Just get this, if you ever raise your voice against me, I will just kill you.” He said as soon as he moved the car out of the hospital gates. 

“What did I do? Don't try to threaten me, I am not who you think.” I talked back. Who does he think he is talking to that way? 

“I just told you.” He stopped the car in a screeching noise and held my throat. “I told you not to do this. I have told you numerous times to back off. I told you that this is stupid. We should have talked to our parents. They said the decision is ours. We should have said a strong no and went in finding a solution to make Ammachi agree to get to hospital. Look what you've done to us? We have truly married in front of our family.” He left my throat and slapped hard on his forehead. I released my breath that I had no idea I was holding for so long. 

“I never thought anything like this would happen.” I told him in a little voice as everything he said was true. I have nothing to defend myself. 

“Listen, I don't know what you will do, you should not come with me to Chennai. I don’t want this stupid marriage to make head lines in the papers tomorrow. This will spoil my market.” He said with a stern voice that infuriated me.

“Nobody here is longing to come along with you. I hate this more than you could ever imagine. I will talk to my parents today. But if I need your help, will you help me?” 

“Why should I help you? You created this mess and it is your job to get out of it.” He said and concentrated on the road as he drove us home. He never talked to me after that. He is an asshole!

I never turned to him for the rest of the ride and he went in without even looking back at me. I pulled the bag out of the car and went in to make the room ready. I made the ‘Aarathi’ plate ready to receive Appatha while preparing my speech on the back of my head. 

“Vani, come. Bring the ‘Aarathi’.” I heard my mom. I took the plate and ran out. 

“Come in, Appatha.” I went to her to do the ritual.

“What is all this, Vasuki? We have to do this to our kids. That day we didn't welcome our kids into our home with Aarathi. Varun, come here, dear.” She started with my mom and ended with Varun. He looked at me with death wish and came near me.

“Vasuki and Mahalakshmi, you both take aarathi for them.” Appatha said to my mom and athai. Varun and I stood together which we hated every second of it. 

“Appa, I need to talk to you.” I called my dad as soon as he came into the house.

“I have to talk to you too, dear. I know what you are going to ask for and I have already made all the arrangements.” He said that gave me a dangerous vibe.

“Chakky, you tell your beloved daughter-in-law about the details.” He called my uncle. Well, this is not what I pictured in my mind. I thought of talking to him in private but he has called in Chakky mama and now everyone has their attention to me. Well, that includes my husband’s too. If he had a death wish for me in his eyes before, now I felt literal heat burning holes in my face.

“Here, dear. This is your new college admission. We have made all the formalities to transfer you to your new college. You can continue your studies and finish your degree. You don't have to be worried about making progress in your family life as soon as people expect you to, take all your time!” He said. Wow! So they are giving us a hint that they will not ask about a baby until I finish my degree. Which means, they will expect a baby as soon as I finish college. How they managed to look for a college in Chennai and did all that required for a transfer in a week’s time will be beyond me. 

“No! This is not what I wanted to talk about.”

“Vani, dear. You need a degree for sure. We don't like you discontinuing your studies.” My athai said. God! I just wanted to slap my head hard now. They think I am going to discontinue my studies to go and live with him?

“No! God, will you all listen to me once? I want to stay here until I finish my studies. I don't want to go to a new college. That's what I wanted to tell you all.”

“Vani, quiet. This is not the way you talk to elders. And no, that will not be right. You have to be with Varun. That is the right thing to do.” My mom stepped in, painting me the bad girl as usual.

“But ma, I can't just move in with him. He can't risk being told out that he is married. He can't just take me to his home. He needs time to let the media know about this marriage. He has to…”

“Everything you said was his problem. He will find a way to sort everything, what is your problem?” She stopped me inbetween. Well, she caught me blaming him for this. 

“I can't go, leaving my friends behind.” I said and as soon as it slipped out of my mouth I knew how stupid I sounded.

“Anyways you guys are meant to part ways. Again, you have your phone with you. You can talk to them anytime you want, you can see them. Stop dramatizing the situation. Go and bring your bag. We have to go home and start packing your stuff.”

“But, athai, I don't like you forcing her to do this. If she wants to finish her studies here, I am fine with it. She might have had numerous dreams about her wedding and that is spoiled now but at least let her finish her studies like she desires.” Varun said! 

See, that is the difference. He also tried to pin it on me but in a more dressed up fashion. He didn't sound ignorant or arrogant. His words showed everyone that he is giving preference to my wish which makes him a good boy! I huffed, he won over me again. I should start acting more like him. A very calm and mature fashion. 

“It’s ok, Varun. We don't like you guys being in different places. We know you guys have differences. Only being in the same place will sort the differences. This one year she is going to college, take this time for yourselves, Varun. Try to get to know more about each other and you will thank us for putting you two together later.” 

“But, like she said, I am not ready yet to announce this wedding, athai.”

“What is this, Varun? I never expected you to talk like this. We just gave you the idea. It was your decision to marry her. Now talking like this is not right.” Lakshmi athai butted in.

“Hold on, Lakshmi.” My mom stopped her. “We respect your decision, Varun. Take your time. Announce this wedding when you are ready. But Vani will come with you.” My mom said as if it was the end of the conversation. My grandpa gave an appreciative look to his daughter-in-law! 

I went home with my mom and dad to pack all the necessities for my move! Well, he came to my home too because our parents said, wherever he goes, I go and wherever I go, he goes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 23.8K 34
Genre : Romance fiction Tropes : billionaire's love , love marriage, Slow burn , Opposite attraction, emotional scars, soft romance Start : 18 Octob...
948K 45.4K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
854K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
5.4K 522 18
𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐀𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐫𝐢 𝐱 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐯 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚 Miraya Agnihotri married her bestfriend's only cousin brother, the billionaire Ra...