Ghost of the Tribrid's Past...

By SilverFoxxFire

Tribrid Series- Book 2 ********************************************* The Blood moon eclipses had bought more... More

Chapter 2- Peace Amidst Chaos
Chapter 3-The secret of two lives
Chapter 4- The Past
Chapter 5- The Past- Part 2
Chapter 6- The Past- Part 3
Chapter 7- The Moon Blade
Chapter 8- The Secret of Shadowis Blade
Chapter 9- The Secret of the Shadowis Blade-II
Chapter 10- The Betrayal
Chapter 11- Temporary Goodbye
Chapter 12- Back to the Present
Chapter 13- Selene is also a part of the team
Chapter 14- The Woman in White
Chapter 15- Enchanting Dream
Chapter 16- The Mystery named Ilya Volkov

Chapter 1- The Rise of the Leader

440 14 6
By SilverFoxxFire

**************************************
XANDER'S POV
**************************************

I still can't believe what just happened.
Now that I'm breathing my last breaths I'm thinking about every good thing that ever happened to me.

Nimue, the only person who understood me somehow, even though I was so different, was killed right before my eyes. I know I made a stupid decision in anger to attack that Necromancer but what can I even do, I always had an unnatural anger issue. If it hadn't been for her, I would've become some crazy, always angry, slaughtering and murdering Alpha who could kill anyone who would piss him off.

Even though, Nimue was literally ancient, as she has been guarding the lake ever since the Leader of the Madmen was imprisoned there, she was like an elder sister to me. Though I used to find it really funny sometimes, because even though she was a guardian, she always nagged like an older sibling. To see her die, literally made me lose my mind and I failed to even think about the repercussions.

Had I not been so blinded by pure rage, I wouldn't have been so easily captured by the Necromancer. But as if that wasn't the worst, my mate had to endure torture, all because of me! How could I be so stupid. I promised her that I would take care of her but I was the reason for her agony.

My mate. My beautiful strong mate. Who would've thought that the Goddess Luna would bless me so abundantly to give me such an amazing mate. I remember searching for her for almost a decade, upto to the point of losing hope that she even exists. If only I knew that I was searching the wrong place, I could've met her much sooner.

It's still shocking for me to believe that she is Captain Alex. The super famous and feared Captain Alex. The one I always looked up to as the most just and my true competitor and the one I always wanted to meet. However, when I still think about it, it is still hard for me to truly believe that my beautiful, loving and gentle looking mate is the very same ruthless Captain Alex, who's like a literal legend in the surface world. I still remember the look on Ryan's face when I had first told him that Andrea is Captain Alex. He was unable to believe it at all and I'm pretty sure he didn't believe as well, i.e. until the first blood moon eclipse. That is when everyone saw her in action.

I also know that she had noticed it and probably realized it from a very long time that I was different from the normal wolves. Somehow more insanely stronger but despite everything she accepted me with open arms. Infact if anything, she was actually proud and happy to know her mate was so strong. I still remember her words, "You're the perfect mate I could've ever asked for. We're both different, you know".
I'm so grateful to the Moon Goddess for giving me such a loving and perfect mate.

And that same mate was being tortured by the Pyromancers. I knew that she could easily kill them if only she would attack them back, but she didn't, just because of me. I could see her in pain but there wasn't anything I could do but when that other Necromancer, whom they referred to as Anubis, started hitting her, even though she didn't scream out loud, my wolf and I were able to feel her pain. That's when Xavier howled and took over, breaking us out of the first Necromancer's hold and ran to save my girl.

I would've slaughtered them if it hadn't been for that same Necromancer again. Who used his dark magic to freeze me and bring me before him. I heard my mate's screams, I turned to look at her, to tell her to stay there and heal herself first but before I could do anything, I felt a force tear out a part of me. The only thing I felt after that was like a something tore off a huge part of me and the searing pain and blood gushing out on my hand. When I looked down, I had a hole in my between my chest and stomach.

All I remember next is hearing my beautiful mate screaming in pain. How funny was it, that she didn't even grimace when she was tortured but she screamed in agony seeing me like this instead. I saw her teleport right in front of me but by then my legs had given away and I was falling backwards. I raised my hand forward as she tried to hold it but I missed the chance to be held by her one last time.

While I'm drifting below the lake I realized that atleast I'm glad I got to see her one last time. I was happy to die however that's when I realised that she still has to stop everything but now she will be all alone. I won't be there by her side to help and protect her. I failed to keep my promise.

*Moon Goddess, please if you can hear my prayer, please help my mate. She won't be able to do it all by herself. Even if she does somehow manage to stop everything, she would still lose herself in doing so. She won't ever smile brightly again. Please help me Moon Goddess, to keep my promise.*, I prayed to the Goddess hoping that she would hear it and come to my mate's aid.

And as if my prayer was heard, I felt a warm sensation instead of the searing pain of dying. Then I heard a voice. Even though it maybe my first time hearing it, still it weirdly felt like that it belongs to someone, I've always known.

"It's finally time to come back, now. I've been waiting for you from a very long time to come find me again.", the voice said.

Even though it seemed weird, I somehow felt like I was moving or rather floating towards it. That voice somehow made me feel safe and as if it is a part of me. Shockingly enough, even my wolf Xavier recognized him as his human/owner.

When my blurry vision finally cleared, I saw that the warm sensation and voice was coming from the Leader's prism like prison.
I was surprised yet still I somehow kept drifting towards it. And that's when I felt it's warmth enveloping me, slowly.

The last thing I remember is that a bright light shined, blinding everyone, the very moment when I touched it.

**************************************
GENERAL'S POV
**************************************

"Atlast I'm finally free and reunited with my other half.", I spoke while invoking my powers, as a red glow surrounded me.

I surveyed the situation around me. Everyone had stopped fighting. The Madmen were on their knees and facing towards me as they bowed. While the others were frozen in their very place in utter shock and fear.

Then my focus shifted towards a very beautiful girl standing below, at the edge of the lakeshore. Even though she was crying and her face was completely soaked with her tears, there was something about her that felt like it was calling out to me.

I was wondering who she was, when I heard a silver of whisper escaping from her lips.. or rather a name.
"XANDER!.."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her in confusion while a swam of questions flooded my brain.
Who the hell is that girl? How does she know my real name? Why the hell does she seem so familiar? Do I know her somehow? And why the hell is my heart aching to see her cry?

I squinted my eyes at her and used my Vampire vision to look at her every detail. That's when I noticed her eyes. Despite the fact that she was still crying, her eyes were glowing Aqua blue.

'It's impossible! It can't be! She died ages ago!', it was the first thing that came to my mind....

But I clearly recall she's dead. Then who the hell is this girl?!...
Wait, could it be that the part of me that I left and which was later reborn in the human world knows her somehow...

*XAVIER! Right! You might know her too! I need to know everything he knows! Right now! I need those memories back afterall I am his other half or rather complete true self*, I commanded my wolf through the mindlink.

*You just need to know one and the most important thing. SHE IS OUR MATE! and I'm not gonna give her up no matter what!*, Xavier replied with a firm determination clear from his voice.

*If it truly is her, then why the hell would I give up again on the girl I love!*, I replied to him.

Then all of a sudden, I felt like the memories from this life, came flooding back in. All the time that I spent with this girl. Who she was and everything that has ever happened since we first met. How I fell in love with her and how her heart shattered a few minutes back and her screams which were filled with agony while I died. How much it pained me more to see her grieving rather the fact that I was dying!
How much she mattered and meant to both me and my wolf!

Before I could notice or stop myself, my hand automatically touched the place where I was marked by her. I remembered how brightly she had smiled when she marked me. I felt the mark to still be present at the base of my neck and behind my neck.
I remembered that she was the girl who taught me to love and accepted me even though I was different from others. The one I'd die for, all over again. Even though I was reborn and it was his, my other half's memories, we still are the same person. He was a part of me and our mate's mark very much proves the same.

But will she still accept me now that she knows my true identity? Will she atleast give me a chance to explain myself or will she be, just like in the past and attack me without even listening to what I had to say....

Despite the new questions bombarding my mind, I slowly lowered down myself in front of her as I decided to give her the benefit of Doubt. She looked at me in shock.

"X-Xander? I-Is Th-that you, baby?", she stuttered while taking a careful step towards me.

My heart broke seeing my all- so- powerful mate in this condition. As a complete emotional mess with a tear streaked face. I nodded and raised my arm to hold her face in my hand

But she stopped as soon as she heard a voice behind her and pulled back before my hand could touch her.

"NO, Alexandrea. That's not your Xander!", a guy from behind shouted.

She turned to look at him and tears started streaming down her face again. I swear that I really wanted to kill that man, there and then.

"W-Why would you say that, Sky??", she replied to him.

He used his Vampire speed and reached out to my mate and quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

"Did you forget Andrea, we just saw Xander die!", Sky replied to her.

Another girl came running behind and held my mate in her arms.

"Oh my baby sis. I wish it was any different but Xander is dead, love. You just saw his body sink in the lake, a few minutes ago", She told her.

Alexandrea pulled out of her sister's embrace and replied, "Kath, don't say that! How could you! See my Xander is standing right in front of me". She pointed at me.

"No, Andrea! That's not your Xander! It is the Leader of the Madmen who just broke out of his prison and rose from within the lake", Sky replied to her, while sneering at me.

Even though I'm angry at them for stealing my mate away from me but I'm glad that she has such loving and caring people around her, who despite being scared of me, would still challenge and fight me to protect her.

"Huh? Why would he look like my Xander then?", Andrea replied with a confused look and in complete disbelief while wiping her continously flowing tears.

"I don't know that, Andrea. All I know is that Xander was the clueless Hybrid who didn't even know he was a hybrid, this whole time. I guess that is the reason why he was so unnaturally powerful and fast. Think about it Andrea, the pieces about his unnatural powers will fit perfectly. Killing Xander was the last ingredient required to make the leader rise again. Maybe he took Xander's form to fool and mess you!", Sky shouted at my mate.

"N-no! N-no! that c-can't be!", Andrea replied while still seeming to be in the daze after seeing my death, as she tried to walk towards me but was caught in time by her sister.

Kathreen, her sister, violently shook her shoulders and shouted,
"Get out of your daze, Andrea! We need you right now! The one in front of you is not your mate, Charles Xander!
But rather your biggest enemy and his people killed your mate! You need to get back to your senses to save the world and stop them from killing more people like Xander!"

Her shouting somehow seemed to bring Andrea out of her daze. She stopped crying and wiped the tears and turned towards me with a new found determination, which probably was to kill me.

But rather than feeling angry or irritated by her reaction, I felt proud of her.
Atta girl! Now that's my girl. I knew she was strong enough to overcome the pain and protect others but I could still feel her hurting and her agony within, which she is trying her best to mask right now.

She was about to walk towards me while gathering her strength and the will to attack me. But instead I decided that it's time she knows who I truly am.

"Ummm... you're probably right about that Sky but there's one thing you've got all wrong. You see, I didn't take on Alexandrea's mate's appearance but rather, I AM HIM.
Always have been, since the beginning.", I replied with a smirk.

I opened my shirt's upper buttons and pulled the shirt aside, so that my mating mark is clearly visible to them.

"Do you still remember the mating mark you gave me, Baby?", I asked as I pointed at the bite mark on the base of my neck.

"I sure hope that you can recognize both the marks which you have given me, sweetheart. This and the star on the back of my neck.", I spoke again looking straight at Andrea's face, who's eyes had widened in shock, recognition and utter disbelief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 10.4K 51
Book Two takes us on quite a different ride. Two years on from Gifted, Pearl and Sylar are asked to help The Kings Moon Pack. The oldest of all the...
42.1K 1.5K 29
{Book 2 in the Vampire series} Emma is now gone but is she really gone forever? The last thing Emma remember was that she was dying, going away fore...
66.8K 6K 67
Book 2 #19 in Fantasy #8 in action-packed #27 in dark magic #28 in fantasy-adventure Everything Celestia Armedes has ever come to know is crumbling t...
705K 25K 74
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙖𝙧, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙤𝙛...