Contests & Challenges コンテストとチ...

By AmbassadorsJP

Add to reading list for updates on contest hosted by Ambassador Japan. アンバサダージャパン主催コンテストの更新情報を読むリストに追加 More

Hello こんにちは
A Fresh Start [Closed]
Pride Festivals & Japan [Closed]
桜の花 | Sakura Blossoms [Closed]
Reclaim Your Myths
Origami and The Royal Festival (Closed)
闇の影 (Shadow of Darkness) [Closed]
Welcome to the first #Dōjinshi contest. Hosted by Ambassadors Japan (closed)
Valentine's Day/バレンタインの日 [closed]
Kaiensai "Fireworks Festival"/カイエンヌ[closed]
Kaiensai "Fireworks Festival" winners /「花火祭」受賞者
ジブリジャイアントクロックのワンダー/ The Wonder of the Ghibli Giant Clock [closed]

The Immortals' Conquest 2022

27 0 0
By AmbassadorsJP

WattpadAsianFantasy presents to you the ultimate test of Immortals, now that 2022 is coming to an end! Explore the Chinese Zodiac and Asian Fantasy tropes with this year's event: The Immortals' Conquest.

In this event, you'll be tasked with writing a short story or novella featuring an Asian protagonist. Each prompt is inspired by elements of Asian mythology and folklore. Together, let's make Asian Fantasy bigger on Wattpad!

We want to keep the momentum going from NaNoWriMo, so we figured this is the best way to help! The goal is to help you get more words in before the year ends and the Lunar New Year begins!

List of Participating Profiles

WattpadAsianFantasy

mythandlegend

highfantasy

AmbassadorsBengali

AmbassadorsIN

AmbassadorsJP

AmbassadorsTH

Prompts

Are you ready to ascend to the next level? With our collection of prompts, each hosted by a member of the Chinese Zodiac. Which will you explore?

Each Zodiac leads to a different level of enlightenment. Choose one and begin your ascension:

1: The Rat - The Great Rakshasa War

When you stumble upon the Trishula, the most powerful weapon in Hindu Mythology, it decides you are the only person who can wield it. There's just one catch: the person meant to wield the mighty Trishula is the same person who is destined to stop the rakshasa from bringing chaos to the human world.

2. The Ox - Spirit Hunter

You're a farmer in the countryside who dreams of doing something different. When you get into a terrible accident, you start to see spirits! As your divine ancestry is revealed, you must come to terms with your new responsibilities as a vanquisher of evil spirits.

3. The Tiger - The Legend of the Magic Crossbow

You were sent to the court of Dragon Lord Lac Long Quan to sabotage the King's legendary magic crossbow. The easiest way to succeed is to woo the princess and earn her trust. However, it seems like the princess is not easily swayed by sweet nothings and empty deeds. So, how will you proceed?

4. The Rabbit - Sweet Revenge

You open your eyes one day and discover no one can see or hear you. You quickly realize it's because you've become a ghost, but you don't have most of your memories prior to waking up. The only memory you have is a cruel death instigated by a mysterious individual. Motivated to uncover the secrets of your death, startling secrets of close friends and a disturbing, well-planned plot are revealed.

5. The Dragon - The Divine Architect

When you experience an unavoidable death, you are given a second chance at life by reincarnating as a disciple of Vishwakarma, the Divine Architect. Your duty is to design and create some of the most powerful weapons for the gods. What weapons will you come up with?

6. The Snake - The Last Arrow of Arash the Archer

Many called you crazy for wanting to find someone only found in legends. Many travelers have been lost in the mountains looking for Arash the Archer, a war hero from Persia who disappeared after giving his body and soul in his last arrow. You, however, are determined to find him. While searching, you find more than you could imagine. What could it be?

7. The Horse - The God of Stars' Disciple

You discover you're the long lost child of the Ama-tsu-mika-boshi, the god of stars. However, before you can take your rightful place in his astral palace, you have to prove your worth. You must locate all the major constellations and tame them. With many stars to weed through, how will you succeed in time for the Lunar New Year celebrations?

8. The Goat - Forbidden Love

You're a prominent yokai, known for causing mischief and chaos among humans. When you stumble upon one resilient and persistent human, you feel the armor around your heart start to crumble. However, yokai and humans weren't meant to be together. Will you give up being a demon to be with this human?

9. The Monkey - China's Greatest Perfumer

Set in an Ancient Chinese setting, you are a renowned perfumer. Your scents are known to soothe the soul of any troubles they may be experiencing. Your perfumes attract prominent nobles, but only one captures your heart. However, they happen to be part royalty. How will you navigate your romance with the heir to the throne and maintain the job you fought to secure?

10. The Rooster - The Other Side

Demons have always been villainized in mythical tales. But what if we have never been told the other side of the story?

11. The Dog - My Sidekick is a Giant?!

After many days of praying, your parents obtained you through a cucumber seed provided by a giant. The only catch is that you have to return to him when you enter your seventeenth year of living. The day you turn seventeen, your mom hands you a bag full of magical items which should help you in your cat and mouse chase. However, at some point the giant begs you to listen, because he is convinced that you play a key role in saving the world. A weird collaboration ensues, but can you really trust his intentions?

12. The Pig - The Garden of Life and Death

When you enter the afterlife, you are tasked with assisting Igong, the God of the flower garden of life and death. In this garden, there are flowers that represent the souls of each human. It's your duty to decide the length and quality of their lives, as well as if they get an opportunity to reincarnate. However, one soul catches your attention. Could it be someone who caused your death or someone who gives you strong feelings you've never felt about anyone else before?

Categories

Grand Winner

Runner-Up (2x)

Asian Mythology/Folklore All-Star (Most Asian Mythology/Folklore Featured)

✿ Favorite Main Character

✿ Favorite Villain

✿ Favorite Plot Twist

✿ Favorite Couple

✿ Favorite World

Schedule

❁ You must have the first 5,000 words of your story written by December 17th. Those who pass Round 1 will leave the Mortal Realm and enter the Beast Realm, where the next milestone awaits.

❁ You must have the first 10,000 words of your story written by January 6th. Those who pass Round 2 will leave the Beast Realm and enter the Heavenly Realm, where the final milestone awaits.

❁ You must have between 10,000 and 20,000 words of your story written by February 1st. The contest ends on February 1, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be included in judging.

Guidelines

✿ The contest runs from December 1, 2022 until February 1, 2023. The contest ends on February 1, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be included in judging.

✿ Your entries must not exceed 20,000 words.

✿ Because this is an Asian Fantasy contest, your character must be of Asian descent. We accept protagonists from any Asian country, including Asian Americans and multiracial Asians.

✿ We accept entries in English, Bengali, Hindi, Japanese, Thai.

✿ You may complete as many entries as you like, but only one can win in the end. Please publish your story as a separate book.

✿ Mature content is accepted, but it must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

✿ Entries for Round 1 must be submitted via this FORM. Submission forms for Round 2 and Round 3 will be provided later on. Check our section titled Submission Forms for updates.

✿ You are welcome to share your entries in the comments. Please don't DM us your entries and use the form when you're ready to submit.

✿ If you want to incorporate Asian Mythology and Folklore, please check out our articles in our Asian Mythology and Folklore Anthology.

✿ If you would like to exchange feedback with another individual, please feel free to submit to our Book Club of the Six Realms. You are welcome to participate for the full duration of the contest, depending on whether we are able to find a partner for you.

Prizes

A shoutout from all participating profiles.

❁A winning sticker to commemorate your victory in one or more of our categories.

❁ A feature in our reading list if your work is a standalone (not a sequel or can be read and understood without reading other books in the series).

❁ A feature in WattpadAsianFantasy's Summer 2022 Cultivation Month Catalog.

❁ A feature of your first chapter in AmbassadorsJP, AmbassadorsBengali, and AmbassadorsIN's anthologies.

❁ An interview, which will be featured in WattpadAsianFantasy's So You Want to Be Immortal? Anthology.

Submission Forms

Round 1 Submission Form - Submissions open until Dec 17th, 2022; 11:59 EST

Round 2 Submission Form - Submissions open until Jan 6th, 2023; 11:59 EST

Round 3 Submission Form - Submissions open until Feb 1st, 2023; 11:59 EST

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do I have to make a new book?

Yes. However, if your new book is a direct sequel (meaning that we have to read other books in the series to understand anything/everything) or prequel, it won't be featured on our profile.

Does it have to be 20,000 words? Can I write a one-shot?

The word limit is that and not over. You're welcome to write a short one-shot, but be mindful of how much you'll be able to portray in a single chapter.

Can I do a co-written story with someone?

Yes, you can! However, if you choose to publish on both your profiles, be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

Can I enter more than one entry?

Yes, but only one can win.

What about Mature? Are LGBTQ+ characters allowed?

Of course! We always welcome LGBTQ+ characters and stories. Mature is allowed so long as it meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Stories that do not meet this won't be accepted.

How will our entries be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as writing quality, originality, and the relation to our prompt. Ensure you are proofreading your works before submitting! For the sake of this contest, we will also be assessing romance, world building, character development, and plot.

How do I submit my story for this contest?

Please review our section titled Submission Forms.

Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 831 81
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~★...
14.5K 1K 11
تُـكبلنا الحياة فـ تُجبرنا على إرتكاب المعاصي و الآثام التي لا تُـغتفر ، كـ إثم إرتكبه فـيـرو في فتاة شابة ظنا منه أنه مجرد خطئ عابر ، لكنه جاهل تمام...
82.9K 2.1K 31
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...