Your love will be the death o...

By SirenFn

"Your love will be the death of me" Those were the words of the madman. - - - - - - - - - - - - ◇ - ☆ - ◇... More

A/N
0. PROLOUGE
1. The Madman
2. Unwelcoming
3. The List
4. The List (Part 2)
5. Annoyance
6. Long Walk
7. The Doctor
8. Pleasant Surprise
9. Assistant
10. Meeting
11. Malfunction
12. First Week
13. Preperations
14. Debt Collecting
15. Café
16. The Harbingers
17. Prime
18. Love?
19. Lab Work
20. Busy
21. Clones
22. Il Dottore
23. Confusing
A/N
24. Too Early
25. Departure
27. Comfort
28. The Next Morning
29. Relaxing
30. Relaxing (Part 2)
31. Relaxing (Part 3)
32. Rumours
33. Confessions
34. Complications
35. INTERLUDE
36. Catching Up
37. Caught
38. More Clones
39. Return
40. The Letter
♡ 100K Special ♡
41. Breakfast Together
42. Assasins
43. The Doctor's Heart
44. The Doctor's Heart (Part 2)
45. INTERLUDE
A/N
46. Waking Up
Valentines Day Special
47. Working Together
48. His Room
THE CLONES
49. Ruin Graders and Sweet Words

26. Dreams

5.1K 206 44
By SirenFn

|Prime POV|

This paperwork was endless, and it was boring as shit. I took a look at my pocketwatch, I'd been working for hours.

My mask had been off for a long time, I was so stressed.

I held my face with my hands, closing my eyes to try and get a moments peace.

"Dottore!"

I stood up quickly, my heart racing.

Y/n?

No, it couldn't be.

I placed my mask back on my face and walked to the door of my office, listening closely, I heard soft crying from the other side.

I opened the door and took a step forward, only to find myself in the middle of a snowy plain.

My lack of sleep is really catching up to me.

I looked at the snow in front of me to find a trail of blood.

Elongated drops, suggests victim was running. Tip of the drops point forward, victim was running from south to north. Small amounts of blood, minor wound or perhaps the wound was being treated. However there are no footprints. Strange.

The lack of footprints may mean the victim was flung or perhaps they were gliding.

Hard to tell but gliding is the likely option with how the blood pattern seems to be slightly inconsistent. Meaning they were slowly getting closer to the ground, but at a steady pace.

I kept following the tracks.

Then I saw a figure huddled over in the snow, clutching their stomach.

Soft sobs came from them, as they bent over in pain.

I came closer to the figure, until I was standing right over them.

I recognised them and took a step back from shock.

Y/n.

Who would hurt you like this?

I heard snow crunching beneath someone's boots and Y/n heard it too.

They looked towards the noise, looking right past me as if I wasn't there, my eyes followed theirs as the figure drew nearer.

No. No. It can't be.

The figure lifted a scalpel up and held it out to Y/n.

"Please... Dottore no..."

"Oh but my dear, I simply have to, you are far from perfect and perfection is what I need from you."

No. I wouldn't hurt them like that. I could never. They're wonderful, perfect in every way.

"Please Dottore, you're scaring me!"

"Scaring you? Ha! My dear, we both know I am capable of far worse than this,"

"Dottore, please stop! You're acting..."

"I'm acting what? My dear, if you want to say it, you can,"

"You're acting like a monster! You're being insane!"

What? No this can't be happening. They would never.

Everything turned to darkness.

Both Y/n and myself were gone.

"Now wasn't that a nice wake-up call."

It was like looking into a mirror. He was almost like me, perhaps he could pass as one of my clones, but not to me. He wasn't me, or any variation of me.

"You don't deserve them. We both know that, so why bother? They're just going to abandon us! Like every other god-forsaken imperfection!"

My words were stuck in my throat. This wasn't like me. I've never not been able to say anything.

"We both know this, so why try and fool yourself, Z̴͓̱̑́̕̕͢͞͡ͅa͉̺͍̲̋͐ń̷͕̬̙͈͜͠͞d̡̢̛́͟͞i̸͇͙̳̠͓͓̖͍̯̠͇̟̇͘ͅḱ̷̶̵̵̡̭̯̗͙̦̻͇̯͓̩̪̙́̕͟͏̴͢"

My breath caught in my chest. That name.

"What will you do when they see the true us? Will you deny it? Or will you sit there in silence like you are now?"

His laugh echoed in the dark space around us.

"What will you do when they scream in terror becuase of what we've done? We are better off alone don't you think? That way we don't risk being broken again."

Y/n appeared between us cold and lifeless on the floor.

My breathing grew faster and I felt like cold water had been poured all over me.

I reached out to touch them and I felt myself fall.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I quickly sat upright. Thoughts swirling around my head.

It had been years since I last had a nightmare, and even longer since I had cried last. Yet, tears streamed down my face.

I put my mask on as I walked out of my office.

I had to make sure they were alright.

I practically ran up to the stairs and up to the assistants living quaters.

Which one was it?

The doors all had some way of telling whose assistant was behind each one, Childe's assistant had a whale on the door and Pierro's had stars and many depictions of eyes on the door.

It was also customary for each assistant to have their rooms themed around their Harbinger, it started awhile ago back when there where many tournaments held and each agent, skirmisher and mage would show support for their Harbinger, our old assistants were all very fond of this tradition.

By old assistants I mean my 8th assistant and most Harbingers first or current assistants.

So the most likely room Y/n would be in is the one with lightning bolts on the door.

I knocked loudly on the door, and immediately regretted it.

Idiot. You've probably just woken them up.

My heart was still racing when they opened the door, I looked over them, they looked tired, but no wounds.

That was a relief.

"Bad dream?"

"Oh," I looked at them in shock for a moment, thankful for my mask for keeping my eyes hidden from them.

"Appologies. I shouldn't assume things like that, it's just that when I was working under Scaramouche and Childe, they would always have nightmares and come to me. I also came to say goodbye before I clocked out for the day and saw you were asleep, so I assumed you had just woken up from a nightmare, considering you are, with all due respect, looking a little shaken up."

"I suppose you could call it that, I just wanted to check you were alright is all, my apologies I didn't mean to interrupt you or wake you up,"

They smiled at me, a pure, genuine smile.

"I promise you I'm completely fine and don't worry your not interrupting and you didn't wake me up." Relief washed over me, I'd never been so glad to hear that another person was completely unharmed, "Is there anything I can do for you? Perhaps I could make you some tea or something? Even if you just want to talk for a bit, though I'd prefer if we did it inside my room where it's alot warmer than this corridor."

You don't deserve them.

Those stupid words wouldn't stop replaying in my head.

"Dottore?"

"Yeah, I'd like to talk for a bit,"

A/N

idk why but I really like this chapter idk it's cool ALSO it's my personal headcanon that becuase dottore was an outcast and probably wasn't very popular his whole life (srry dottore love u the world bbg) that he didn't have that like high-school gossip era so now as an adult he just gossips sometimes so that's why he was like that last chapter 😋 ANYWAYS I HOPE U ALL LIKED THIS CHAPTER I LOVE YOU ALL TYSM FOR READING <3

(also thank you all for 16k reads I was fully flabbergasted and in the words of my friend maple  FAMOUS???!!   anyways yeah tysm I love u all mwah take care of yourselves 💗💗)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 520 24
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃 ➳ 𝗹𝘆𝗻𝗲𝘆 𝘅 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 ❝ you 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 want me ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 two members of the fatui have to pretend to be in a relationshi...
447K 18.8K 74
Dottore x Reader book here we go. I'm excited to write this one I've been waiting a bit now. So enjoy some more Dottore
14K 570 8
This story features a Gender-Neutral Y/N. A longstanding prophecy threatens the safety of both Fontaine, the nation of justice, and it's peoples and...
155K 5.7K 20
"There is a broken contract between us. And I'm sad to say that I wasn't the one that broke it, Morax," ...