LOUD AND CLEAR. steve harring...

By vampfilmz

( š‹šŽš”šƒ š€ššƒ š‚š‹š„š€š‘.ā”†š¬š­šžšÆšž š”ššš«š«š¢š§š š­šØš§ ) ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€•ā€• š™„š™‰ š™’š™ƒš™„š˜¾š™ƒ... More

act one!
the introduction.
the halloween party.
the paranoia.
the changing.
the confrontation.
the scapegoat.
the fight club.
the tunnels.
the snow ball.
the fake girlfriend.
the russian code.
the primitive constructs.
the child sacrifice.
the russian elevator.
the first victory.
the high trio.
the wrong confession.
the battle of starcourt.Ā¹
the battle of starcourt. Ā²
the leftovers.
the pep rally.

the memory.

603 36 4
By vampfilmz

TW parental abuse.

ACT TWO
the memory.

THE GROUP RUSHED DOWN the stairs in panic, Robin pressuring the boys to answer her questions about the gate. Ending up with more and more vague answers.

"Arlo, you know about a secret Russian portal and you didn't tell me shit?" Ida questioned now, also confused by the entire ordeal. A little upset that he had kept the secret from her.

"It's not a Russian portal.." Arlo mumbled in response, the group reaching the bottom of the stairs as he did so.

"He's right—it's not a portal it's like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of thing." Dustin rambled on, Robin tugging at his arm to stop him.

"And you know about this how?"

Before Dustin could answer, Erica spoke up. Her gaze on the floor. "Uh, Steve—Where's your Russian friend?"

The group didn't reply, the rest of them looking at the floor in temporary shock. It was then that red light began blinking in the room, a loud alarm sounding through the air.

"Shit. Shit." Arlo mumbled, tugging at his curls as he looked around for a weapon.

Steve rushed towards the door, opening it for a second as he peeked out. Slamming it shut a few moments later. "Shit.. Go, go, go, go!"

The group then began to rush back up the stairs, busting through the door once they reached it. Their presence causing the entire room of scientists to turn around.

They ignored the stares, running down the stairs that exited the room. Leaving the confused scientists in silence as they ran.

They could hear a solider behind them, he had yelled a few words in Russian, none of them understanding what he was saying.

Arlo's feet pounded against the ground under him, his heart seeming to beat faster with every step.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit." Dustin yelled over and over, the group still running away from the soldier.

They ran down a few more stairs, dodging multiple guards. The Russian's men's hands attempting to pull the kids and teenagers back.

It was then that they had found another room, they had slammed the door shut beside them. Steve and Arlo immediately pressing their weight against it, hoping it would stay shut.

"Robin!" Steve yelled, making the girl come back over to him. Helping them press their weight against the door.

Ida stayed beside the kids, being able to hear her heart in her stomach. Fear covering her.

The kids were pacing, Dustin cursing under his breath as his eyes shot around the room. There was no possible way out.

It was then that Erica had found a large vent door, she ushered her babysitter to help her with it. Which Ida immediately complied to.

The girls yanked the lid off, urging Dustin to follow them, which he did.

Once three out of six of the group was inside, Dustin yelled towards Steve, Robin and Arlo. Not wanting to leave the boys behind. "Let's go, come on!"

"Arlo, go." Steve mumbled, still struggling with keeping the door shut.

His words caused Arlo to shake his head, leaning it against the door behind him. Temporarily ignoring the banging coming from outside. "I'm not leaving you two!"

Steve sighed at his words, seeming to think something over for a split second before yelling back at Dustin. "No! Just go get some help, okay?!"

Dustin didn't move, Ida now peeking her head out as well. Not wanting to leave her brother behind. "What are you doing? Just get out of here, go!" Steve yelled snapping both of them out of their disappointed gazes.

The duo slid back into the vent, pulling the lid over the top as they did so. Their hearts heavy as they left behind their family.

The pounding on the door seemed to worsen once they were gone, the trio's adrenaline slowly dissipating from their bodies.

Finally they had all given up, their hold on the door loosening as they did so.

It was then that the door busted open, harshly throwing them to the ground. They didn't have time to get up seeing as the soldiers had immediately held up their guns, which now pointed at the teenagers.

Fear danced between their eyes as they looked up at the many guards, their hands slowly raising into the air as they did. Hoping that this wasn't the end for them.

The guns cocking caused Arlo to squeeze his eyes shut for a moment, temporarily wishing he had never forgiven Steve. Wishing that he never had gotten dragged into this.

    Arlo's head whipped sideways, pain erupting in his cheekbone at the impact. His healing bruises now begging to be layered with new ones. "Who do you work for?" The man asked again, making Arlo turn his head back. Now facing him once again.

"I don't have a job! Man, I can't find—"

Another punch was delivered to the boy, this one to his ribcage.

It was then that Arlo's mind temporarily panicked, his eyes closing for just a moment before reopening. This time his father was in front of him.

Strands of his father's blond hair fell over his forehead, he brushed them away as he stared at Arlo. Who had currently been on the ground.

The boy as he held his stomach with loose hands, his ribs burning in pain as he looked up at the man.

His mother had sat on the ground beside him, tears making their way down her cheeks as she begged her husband to calm down. Not that it mattered, he never listened.

"What are you doing? Stand up." Robert demanded, nudging his son with his foot as he did so. "C'mon, hit me! Be a man."

Arlo didn't move, the pain radiating throughout his body being too much for the boy to bear. His condition making the blonde man smile to himself.

His smile only caused the teenager to squeeze his eyes closed, not wanting to see the man any longer.

Another punch was delivered to his head, the pain shooting through like waves. "Dad, please." he mumbled, the guards sharing a quick look with one another at the words.

They understood his sentence clearly, finding it amusing that the boy seemed to think they were his father.

It was then that the surroundings slowly became more obvious to Arlo, his brain registering that he wasn't at home. He wasn't on the floor, he was sitting on a small metal bench.

Arlo's head slumped downwards at the realization. His eyes slightly opened as he stared at his lap.

"Who do you work for?" Arlo didn't answer them, being much more focused on his irregular breathing. He began to manually breath, hoping his quick breaths would soon slow down.

A small sob then escaped his body as he squeezed his eyes shut. "I don't—I don't work for anyone." He mumbled between sniffles, wiping his swollen eyes with his hands.

The guards shared another look, one Arlo didn't catch due to the fact he was looking downwards.

The stronger one then delivered another punch to the side of his face, this one much harder than before.

Arlo groaned at the impact, his vision becoming dotted as he did. The darkness eventually filling the room, his head dropping to the side as he passed out.

Arlo groaned as a loud voice filled his ears, his hands attempting to cover them at the sound. Unfortunately for them, when he tried to pull his hands up, it was clear they were tied down. Causing his eyes to open fully.

"Help! Help!" Robin's voice echoed through the room, causing Arlo to stop staring at his lap. His eyes now glancing around the unfamiliar room.

"Damn, you're loud."

"Arlo, you're up?" Robin said happily, her head shooting in his direction. Not that it mattered seeing as she couldn't fully see him. "Great, you can help me get us some help.. Help!"

Her screams then continued through the air, this time causing Steve to reluctantly open his eyes. One of them almost fully swollen shut.

"Hey, would you stop yelling?"

"Steve! Oh, my god! Are you both okay?"

"My ears are ringing, and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull but—" Steve then trailed off, his eyes opening more as he realized something. "Arlo.. where's Arlo?"

Arlo hummed at his words, his eyes drooping closed again. "Here.." He mumbled, making Steve's nerves cease a little bit.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah.. Nothing I can't handle." Arlo mumbled, leaning his head backwards. His curls now resting on Robin's and Steve's heads

"Good news is, they're calling you both a doctor." Robin chuckled nervously, leaning her head onto Arlo's.

Steve hummed, glancing around as he did so. "Is this his place of work? I love the vibe.. Charming."

"Tell me about it." Robin laughed lightly, changing the topic immediately afterwards. "Okay, so.. Do you see that table over there?"

"No.." Arlo answered, glancing around as he did so.

"It's behind you.. Steve, it's to your right." Robin informed, continuing once she was sure Steve was looking. "Do you see those scissors?"

Steve hummed in response, staring right at the scissors.

"Yeah, well, I think that if we all move at the same time, we could get over there.. Then, maybe I could kick the table and knock them into your lap."

"Then I could cut the binds."

"Then we could get out of here!" Robin said excitedly, her excitement getting cut off when Arlo questioned the plan.

"What do I do?"

"Just sit still and look pretty." Steve answered, his eyes widening as he had realized what he said. Making him continue, hoping it would seem less suspicious. "Pal..."

Arlo's quiet laugh calmed Steve's nerves, Robin changing topics seeing as she was too focused on the task as hand to mention her friend's obvious flirting. "Okay, so.. On the count of three, we're gonna hop."

"Okay, Gotcha."

"All right, one, two.. Three!" Robin called, the trio hopping in sync after her words. The success caused them to smile in success, Robin cheering them on as she began to count again. "One, two, three."

They hopped, more success coming to them as they landed correctly again. "Holy shit, we're close." Steve spoke in excitement, believing this was a fool-proof plan.

"One, two, three."

Robin's words made them jump again, this time the legs of the chairs falling underneath them. The trio landing on the ground with synchronized groans.

They laid there in silence for a moment, Arlo breaking the quietness. "We're screwed, we are so screwed."

"It's okay, it's okay." Steve mumbled, Robin's laughter causing both of the boy's attention turn to her. "Are you laughing?"

"Yeah.." The girl said through laughs, attempting to calm herself down. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, it's just—I can't believe i'm gonna die in a secret Russian base with Steve the hair Harrington and Arlo Leone. It's just too trippy, man."

"We're not gonna die. We're gonna get out of here, okay? Just—let me think for a second.." Steve said sadly, knowing he wouldn't be able to think of something.

"Do you remember, um, Mrs. Click's sophomore history class? Mrs. Clickity Clack.. That's what us band dweebs called her."

"The milf?" Arlo questioned, his words making Steve crack a smile. Suddenly remembering the class, he had shared the class with Arlo and Tommy. He just wasn't aware that Robin was there too.

"It was first period. Tuesday and Thursdays, so you were always late.. And—and Arlo would always cover you, right, Arlo? You'd always say something about his mom driving slow or something.. Mrs Clack knew it was a lie but—but she didn't care." Robin trailed on, Arlo cracking a smile at the memory.

Steve sadly smiled as well, he hadn't realized that his friend covered him.

"And—you always had the same breakfast. Bacon, egg and cheese on a sesame bagel. You two would split it. I sat behind you, two days a week for a year. Mister Funny. The King of Hawkins High himself, and his sidekick. You were a real asshole, you know that?"

Arlo frowned, Steve's face showing a similar expression at the words. "I know." The boy mumbled.

"It didn't even matter that you were an ass. I was obsessed with you, Even though all of us losers pretend to be above it all, we still just want to be popular.. Accepted, normal."

"If it makes you feel any better, being popular isn't all that great—I still—Well, it's all gone now." Steve mumbled, subconsciously hinting at the fact that he didn't feel normal. At least not now, not with his newly recognized feelings for Arlo.

Feelings that he would never admit.

"Yeah, Acceptance, normalcy.. It's all bullshit—it's not genuine." Arlo added on, staring at the ceiling above him.

"You know, It's weird.. I feel like my life has been one big error." Robin added on, Steve chuckling at her words. "At least, it can't get any more messed up than this."

"You know, I wish i'd known you in Click's class—Really, I do. Maybe you could've helped me pass that class." Steve admitted. "Maybe, instead of being here, i'd be on my way to college right now."

"And I wouldn't have to be repeating senior year this year." Arlo mumbled, a sad smile appeared on his lips. "Well—I guess, if we don't make it out then I won't have to redo it.."

"We're gonna make it out." Steve mumbled in response, not fully believing his own words.

It was then that the door buzzed, slamming open a few moments later. Three Russians entering the room.

One of the Russians laughed at the sight of the trio on the ground. "Where were you three going?"

Two of the men then pulled the trio up, making them sit upright before getting closer to Steve's face. "Try telling the truth this time, yes? It will make your visit with Dr. Zharkov less painful.."

The Russian then squeeze Steve's face, making the boy let out a quiet groan.

"Get the fuck away from him." Arlo spoke up, his head turned towards the man. Still unable to see Steve's face.

The Russian looked back at Arlo, a smile appearing on his lips as he nodded at the doctor. Who had now grabbed a small gun-like object.

The doctor walked over to Steve first, sending a sinister smile to the Harrington boy. "Wait, wait, wait! What is that thing?!"

"It will help you talk."

"Did you even clean that thing?" Steve worried as the doctor grabbed his hair, pulling his head back as the gun got closer to his neck.

"What the fuck? Get away from him, fuck you! Fuck you." Arlo yelled as well, watching as the needle in the gun got closer and closer to his crush's neck.

The needle then reached Steve's neck, pressing through his skin while Steve screamed in pain. Arlo attempted to yank his arms out of the item that held them together.

It was then that Arlo realized his dad was right. He needed to man up and he knew that if he was free right now then he would. He would've beat the shit out of the doctor. At least, he would've tried to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 180 30
ā”€ā”€ā €ŪŖ ā™” Ū« šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡: You never thought you'd find love until, you met him. Max mayfield, he was everything you wanted in a guy. š–¬š–ŗš—…š–¾!š–¬š–ŗļæ½...
125K 2.2K 62
ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–†ā–† š™„š™‰ š™’š™ƒš™„š˜¾š™ƒ . . . the 007 escapes to a new world and befriends a strange group of teenagers who on...
48.3K 933 55
šŒš²š¬š­š¢šŸš²š¢š§š  (šššš£.) š®š­š­šžš«š„š² š›šžš°š¢š„ššžš«š¢š§š  šØš« š©šžš«š©š„šžš±š¢š§š  šŽš«... š°š”šžš«šž šš š¬š©š¢š­šŸš¢š«šž š«šžš š”šžšš...
94K 3.2K 43
怌 šŸšŸ—šŸ–šŸ“: The Mind Flayer is dead. The Upside Down is destroyed. But One's story isn't over yet. Reunited with her mother, One is brought to the D...