Remember + Niall Horan

By midknightniall

Niall Horan lost everything. He lost his memory, his whole life, leaving him only with the knowledge of his n... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One

Sixteen

3.7K 111 33
By midknightniall

Chapter 16

Niall's POV~

The next day.

Everything seemed to have calmed down after what happened yesterday.

Amy would talk to me from time to time, but just of regular conversation.

Sometimes they were awkward, but after a while we've just gotten used to it.

Greg was on the phone, trying to get a hold of our parents, to tell them I was finally back.

I just sat on a chair in front of the house, watching the front yard.

It was afternoon, with the sun still up in the sky and and clouds forming in some places.

It felt good as the warm air touched my skin, bringing me it's comfort.

The sound of the door opening scared me, making me nearly jump. I turned my head, seeing Amy step out.

She glanced at me, and then made herself look up at the sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" She calmly spoke, her arms folding and resting on the wood railings on the porch.

"Yeah." I replied.

She flipped her hair and looked at me, her brown colored eyes deeply gazing into mine.

She didn't speak though, she just watched me. She was thinking, I could tell.

I looked away, angling my eyes back to the garden.

Watching as the leaves on trees moved with the wind.

It felt good to be relaxed after what's been happening lately.

"Niall?" Greg popped out of the front door.

I turned around on my seat to look at him, who was now standing at the doorway.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Mom and Dad are on their way." He said through a smile.

I nodded, and he slipped back into the house.

Great.

My own parents we're coming to see me, not knowing of the terrible news that we're about to hit them.

I didn't even know what they looked like.

"Are you okay?" Amy sat on a chair beside mine.

"Mmm, yeah." I sighed.

"Don't worry, your parents will understand." She said.

I faked a smile and remained watching the garden. Folding my arms and putting them behind my head to rest on.

"Do you know why this happened?" She asked.

"Why what?"

"How did you... Forget?" She asked again.

Through a slow breath, I shook my head.

"I don't even know." I bit hard on my bottom lip.

How did this happen to me?

That was such an important question I've never even asked myself.

"That night, when you disappeared," she started to say softly.

"It was our engagement party. You had overdrank, and before we knew it, you had left the party."

She stood up and walked to the wood railing, resting her back on it as she began to speak again.

"I was worried, I thought something was wrong. But Greg stopped me and told me you just needed time to think to yourself." She took a long inhale and breathed, as if telling me this was hard for her.

"I shouldn't have listened to him. I knew I should've ran after you, but I didn't." She said, turning her head to hide the disappointed expression on her face, as a car approached the driveway.

"They're here." She hinted, pulling herself up and making her way down the steps.

"Amy." I got up and stopped her before she could go any further.

"It's not your fault." I said in a hushed tone.

She answered me with a small smile, and with the look in her eyes she told me she understood.

She sighed and turned again, making her way towards the car.

.-.-.-.-.-.

Meeting my parents again after a long time was actually heartwarming.

Seeing their familiar places brought joy into my chest and the feeling of knowing I could meet the people who knew me the most was great.

Right as they got out of the car, well they actually jumped out and ran after they saw me, and then pulling me into big, long hugs.

"Niall! You little rascal! Running away from us like that!" Mom teased as she hugged me.

I smelled her familiar scent, but I still didn't remember who she was. I just knew that she was in fact, my mother.

My own dad's eyes flooded with tears when he pulled me into a big, tight hug. He was too speechless to even say anything at the moment.

I could see Greg and Amy standing close by, with concerned looks on their faces.

They knew that they would have to tell my parents about what happened to me, but they just couldn't right with this perfect atmosphere.

They just stood there, staring. I knew that they felt saddened, having to tell my parents the bad news.

"Greg! Amy!" Dad finally spoke.

He ran towards Greg and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, dad!" Greg pretended to be excited.

"Aw, man! I'm so relieved that Niall's back." Dad cried after pulling away from Greg.

Mom and Dad both had teary eyes, and they seemed to not believe I was standing before them.

I guess it has been a while since I had left.

"What's with this vibe?" Mom turned her head to Amy and Greg.

"What is it, honey? The wonderful feeling of seeing our boy again?" Dad was smiling from ear to ear as he spoke.

"No, I don't know! I guess I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment!" Mom said uneasily.

Dad came to me again and wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me into the house, as he started to chat with me about how he's missed me.

The others followed behind us, and I could hear my mom cheerfully laughing with Amy and my brother.

.-.-.-.-.-.

After a bit of telling stories of how mom and dad tried to find me, the question I had been fearing for finally came out of my dad's lips.

"What happened, Niall? Why did you run away?" He asked.

I raised my back up steadily on the seat I was sitting on and scratched the back of my neck. I looked up to Greg and Amy and they were also staring at me, waiting for my answer.

"I..uh.." I stuttered.

I could feel a bit of sweat trickle down my neck as I tried to think up of an answer.

My head started to hurt again as I tried to think. I was digging though my head for the answer.

Why did I leave?

Why?

Greg stood up and coughed to clear his throat.

"Mom, Dad, I need to tell you something." He said in an undertone.

Mom's eyebrows raised and Dad looked at Greg in confusion.

"What do you mean, son?" Dad asked.

Greg swallowed a lump in his throat and hesitated for a minute.

Mom looked at me as I tried not to look at her. I didn't know how to act towards this situation.

"Niall... He," Greg tried to speak. He stopped and stared at me, and then back to dad.

Dad stared at Greg deeply, waiting for him to finish off what he was saying.

When finally, Amy stood up from her seat quickly and decided to finish Greg's sentence.

"Something happened to Niall! He doesn't remember anything!" Amy shouted, her voice could be heard with pain through them.

Mom gasped, her jaw dropping. She looked at Dad, and then me.

Dad looked at Greg. "What does Amy mean by something happened to Niall? What exactly can't he remember?" He asked.

Greg licked his lips and sighed heavily. Amy ran to mom and tried to comfort her with a hug.

"I don't know exactly.. But he doesn't remember Amy, or you, or mom. He doesn't remember anything that happened to him before that night he had vanished. His memories of everything are gone." Greg told him.

Through gasps, dad managed to take it all in.

He rubbed his head with his hands, trying to think this through. Mom pulled away from Amy and ran towards me, her arms extended as she cried.

"Niall, oh my poor baby!" She said as she hugged me.

I held her back, knowing this was my mother, and she was all my comfort.

The way she held me really helped, it was warm and joyous. Reminding me the love a mother could give a son.

"Mom." I uttered. My eyes started to get watery, and I realized I was getting emotional again.

Dad stood up and closed his eyes, running his hand through his hair.

I could see through my blurry view that he was also starting to get tear-ful.

Amy walked off out the front door, not wanting to let anybody see her cry. Greg sat on a chair again, watching as mom hugged me tightly.

Finally as mom drew herself back from the long hug, she held me by my hands and gazed into my eyes, trying to smile.

"So, what's going to happen?" Dad asked.

"Is he going regain all his memories again?" He asked Greg, but his voice was cracking as he spoke. He was still taking this in but slowly.

Greg looked at me, not knowing the answer himself.

"I.." I started to speak.

Everyone in the room faced me, waiting for me to keep talking.

"I've visited a doctor. They told me I might remember, but I've only remembered little things that aren't that important." I said.

"But it's been a while now, and I still haven't remembered everything," I continued.

Mom's eyebrows lowered and she pulled me in again, trying really hard not to let her tears pour out.

"Niall, oh baby, we'll help you remember! Don't worry, oh! My poor son." She patted my back as she held me.

"Mom.." I cried. I already knew I wouldn't remember everything anymore.

My memories were gone. They had already been pulled out from my head and they weren't coming back. I didn't want them back.

"I'll have a professional look at you, Niall." Dad said under his breath, walking towards us and sitting on the chair beside me.

"We will get you back. Don't worry, son. We'll have your memories back before you know it." Dad said, but in an unsure tone.

That night my parents decided to stay over. I knew that they were afraid I'd leave again.

But I wasn't, not now anyway.

"I want you to sleep in your bedroom tonight, with Amy." Mom whispered into my ear after dinner.

I turned my head, opening my mouth to protest against it, but she didn't let me begin.

"This'll help you. If you go back to places you've been before, your memories might come to you. Please just try." She told me after everybody had disappeared from the kitchen.

"I can't do that." I retaliated.

"Why? Amy is your wife, Niall. And your her husband. It's only normal for you two to sleep together." She continued.

"But,"

"Niall, please! I want you to return to your life before all this happened! I want everything to return to normal. No more of this and that. You're an adult now, so please act like it." She almost shouted.

She took out a rag from under the sink and wiped the table as I stood there, watching her.

I wanted to speak up again, but I couldn't. Instead I turned away, making my way out of the kitchen.

I didn't have any memories of my mom, but I did know I wasn't going to win this.

Deciding to go through it for the night, I walked down the long hallway again and into the bedroom that I now knew, was mine and Amy's.

.-.-.-.-.-.

Amy's POV~

Taking my hair out of the bundle I had wrapped it in from my towel, I took my comb and brushed through it.

A rather soft sound of the door closing made me jump.

Who was entering into my bedroom?

Stepping out from the bathroom, with my hand grasping tightly on the only cloth that covered my whole body, my towel, I soon came to find Niall standing by the door.

His eyes widened as he saw me, and his cheeks ultimately turned to a reddish color.

"I, I'm sorry." He muttered, turning around to walk out of the door.

"Wait, Niall." I ran to him and grabbed a hold of his wrist, stopping him before he could turn the doorknob.

"You don't have to leave, you've seen me naked before." I said.

He took a big swallow and bit his bottom lip. He didn't let his eyes unglue off the floor.

"Are you blushing?" I giggled, putting my hand on his chin and pulling it up so he would look at me.

"No, I.." He choked.

"Niall, you're so nervous and it's cute." I let my hand embrace his perfect, smooth skin.

"I can leave so you can get ready, I was just," he started to speak but I stopped him.

"Niall," I giggled.

"Please stay?" I asked, gazing into his soulful, yet beautiful blue eyes. I loved his eyes, they were one of my most favorite features of him.

"I think I should leave," He muttered, trying not to make eye contact with me.

He seemed tense and a bit uptight. I was, after all, almost naked.

"No, stay. I'll get dressed, so just get comfortable! You don't have to watch me put clothes on, just don't leave!" I cheeped, pulling him by his wrist to the bed.

He sat down, and I watched as he still bit on his lip and kept his eyes laid on the floor.

He was a bit edgy but he didn't leave.

Instead he started to nip on his fingernails as he remained sitting on the edge of the bed.

I finally took my eyes off the gorgeous boy and returned back into the bathroom to pull on some pajamas.

Then I remembered, Niall still needed to change into his. I looked inside the closet, seeing Niall's clothes hung up and some folded inside some chest drawers.

Pulling the drawer out, I saw his pajamas neatly folded as they had been left months ago.

I picked up the first pair of green pants and a green shirt that matched together perfectly.

Finding a smile on my face, I excitedly ran out and Niall shot up right when he heard me.

"Here, it's your sleepwear. Aren't they adorable?" I said through a smile.

He looked at the clothes I held in my hand, and finally accepted them.

"I'll.. I'll get these on in there." He stuttered, pointing to the bathroom door.

I nodded. He got up and took the pajamas with him as he walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind him slowly.

Flopping my body on the bed, I started to think about Niall in the clothes.

I was excited to see him in them again, and finally after almost ten minutes the door started to open.

I turned my head, while my eyes and mouth widened at the same time.

"Oh my." I mouthed.

"Erm, I think these are a bit too childish on me." He almost smiled, looking at himself.

I giggled, "It's perfect!"

He shrugged and walked towards me but went somewhere I was unexpecting. He sat opposite of me on the bed, on the very edge.

"Why are you sitting so far away?" I asked.

"Why don't you sit close to me?" I crawled up on the bed, letting my body completely lay on it.

Niall stared at me nervously, his lips still being bitten by his teeth.

"Why are you biting your lip again?" I asked, pointing to my lip.

"Doesn't that hurt?"

He finally crept in closer on the bed, but not close enough for me to able to reach still.

"It doesn't hurt." He mumbled.

"Oh, well don't bite them too much, your lips are too fine to-" I spoke before he raised his voice to stop me.

"Can we please just sleep now?" He asked, fluffing the pillow on his side of the bed.

"Oh, um, okay. If that's what you want." I sighed, pulling the covers over me.

"I wanted to talk to you." I muttered quietly under the blanket.

The lights went off as Niall turned the switch off, and he crawled back into bed.

Out of the window, a little light was still shining over us, enough for me to be able to still see Niall in this darkness.

"Niall?" I whispered.

No answer.

"Niall?" I tried again.

Still no answer. Did he already fall asleep?

I watched him, his body facing my way.

His arms were folded as his head rested on his hands. His eyes were closed, and I could hear him softly breathing. Maybe he was already sleeping. He usually didn't fall asleep so fast though.

Taking my hand up slowly, I laid my hand on his cheek, feeling his soft skin under my palm.

"I love you." I whispered, rubbing my hand on his cheek softly.

"I hope you will love me too." I said under a hushed tone.

His legs rustled a little under the blankets, but his eyes remained closed.

My beautiful fiancé had fallen asleep. Oh dear, I wish he hadn't.

"Alright, goodnight." I murmured.

Pulling myself closer, I let my legs climb into his and entwined them.

My arms snaked under his, letting his strong arms cover over me, making my head rest against his chest, taking in his sweet scent.

Even though this wasn't the kind of attention I wanted, having to force him on me, it was enough for now.

I wasn't going to let the sudden accident on him stop us from being together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 419 25
What if you come back from your dream vacation with your boyfriend and end up being in a plane crash? That's what happens to Rose and Niall. A dream...
729 16 9
Harry has an accident leaving him with a limited memory. Can louis help fill in the blanks? Does he want to? Does Harry want him to? They're broken...
35.9K 1.2K 35
After a serious accident, Harry suffers from a case of retrograde amnesia where he hasn't only forgotten the fact that he is a part of the world-famo...
2.6K 35 25
When Krystal and Niall meet in Ireland they fall hard for each other. But after a on-stage incident Krystal forgets Niall, and what they had. Will N...