Seventeen

Chapter 17

Arianna's POV ~

A week later.

Looking out the balcony of my apartment, I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes with the little tissue I had left.

My eyes were red, and my nose was sore.

I didn't even cry that much, I don't know why my eyes were so numb.

Only a few tears would manage to come out of them though, and then I would stop myself.

I really missed him.

I was used to him being here to talk to me. Now I was back to being lonely.

It was just after lunch hour, and I was still here. I haven't left this apartment since Niall had gone.

I didn't feel like facing the world.

I didn't really care about the classes I was missing, or if I were to get fired from work.

I wasn't in the mood to go anymore.

Hailey stopped by once a day for the past week, dropping off notes that she had taken during classes, and she always told me to make sure to look over them.

But they remained sitting on the little coffee table in the living room, where Hailey had set them, untouched.

"Arianna, you need to stop this. I know you're waiting for Niall, but sitting here in this apartment isn't going to make him come back any faster." Hailey had told me yesterday.

I got up and made my way into the kitchen and pulled out a cup from the cupboard, poured some water in it, and sat it in the microwave to heat.

I watched for a minute, observing the cup inside as it turned slowly again and again.

After it was finally finished, I dropped the tea bag in it to let it soak. I kept tugging on the string, pulling the tea bag up, and then down, and then up again.

I sighed as I pulled the string out with the tea bag and tossed it into the bin, and then walked slowly into the balcony again, to sit on the lawn chair and sip on my tea.

This had been my normal routine for the week, just sitting back, breathing in the air from outside my balcony and drinking away my feelings.

My eyes caught a glimpse of a butterfly flying by.

It fluttered slowly up to my chair, and then onto my hand. I stared at it, not moving an inch to scare the beauty away.

It was flaunting it's majestic colors as it's wings open and closed slowly.

Then finally, it decided to fly off again. I watched as it flew away and smiled.

"Goodbye, come see me again soon." I waved.

Standing up again, feeling a little refreshed, I walked out the front door and down my steps.

Maybe I could follow the butterfly, to wherever destination it was heading.

I ran after it, not even caring where it would take me.

My feet jumped in the air, trying to catch it. But I couldn't, and after some heavy breaths, I looked up, and the butterfly disappeared.

I sighed in frustration. Instead of going back, I walked again and headed another direction.

Going in the way I had walked before, except it had been with somebody else.

I brushed my hair out of my face, knowing I probably would frighten the little children.

I hadn't brushed my hair this morning, or had I put on any make up. I probably resembled a witch at the moment.