Lost in the Cruel World (Mika...

By EreMikaheart

Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another... More

1. Back to Where Everything Started
2. The Warmth of His Scarf
3. Trapped in a Small Cage
4. Indebted
5. To You, In 2,000 Years
6. That Day
7. A Dim Light Amid Despair
8. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
9. First Battle
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Primal Desire
16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
17. Special Operations Squad
18. Needed to be Done
19. Female Titan
20. Forest of Giant Trees
21. Defeated
22. Memories of That Day
23. The Attacking Titan
24. End Result
25. Mere Threat
26. Beast Titan
27. Soilder
28. The Fallen Warriors
29. Blessing
31. Memories of the Future
32. Inevitable
33. The Other Side of the Walls
34. Love Against Time
35. Grow Old Together
36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

30. Ruler of the Walls

889 19 4
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

The person, dreaming was on her knees while her hands were tied up behind her.

Her eyes was covered with a blind fold while they were on a big wall.

After someone removed her blind fold, She looked to her right to see Grisha there, getting the same treatment.

"Darling..." The dreaming person whispered.

"Dina?" Grisha called out, distraught. "Why are you here? I... I told them everything there is to know! She's a royal-"

"Silence!" The officer behind Grisha growled, slapping his hand over Grisha's mouth and twisting Grisha's arm behind his back.

The dreaming person kept looking at them.

"Sheesh." A man behind her said. "Make him a Titan and shut him up already."

"Grisha, I..." The dreaming person said with a sad smile. Then she felt a injection getting injected on her nape. "No matter what form I take, I promise I'll come and find you."

"That's lovely." The man behind her said and laughed.

The dreaming person gasped as the man kicked her on her back, making her falling down.
.
.
.

Dina Fritz Yeager woke up with a gasp while tears were rolling down her face.

She quickly sat up with wide eyes. "Grisha I-" She stopped as she found herself in a unfamiliar room. "Huh?"

"Hello Mrs. Dina Fritz Yeager!" Hange said with her usual cheerful tone, standing beside the bed while Moblit was standing beside her, holding a tray of food.

Dina gasped and looked at Hange. "Eh?" She said in confusion.

"I see you're awake now." Hange said with a smile. "You must have a nightmare. You should rest some more."

Dina kept starring at her with confusion. "What this place is? And how do you know my name?"

Hange nervously chuckled. "Oh my bad. I'm the Survey Corps squad leader Hange Zoe and this is Paradis. And also, you're inside the Walls."

Dina gasped. "Inside the Walls...?"

"Oh yes. Inside the Walls." Hange said.

Dina cluched her head and groaned as she suddenly got a headache.

Then she remembered everything that had happened 20 years ago.

More tears rolled down her face at the thought of her son and husband.

"Grisha..." Dina muttered.

Hange put her hand on Dina's shoulder. "Hey, you are you ok?"

Dina looked at her and removed her hands from her head. "May I know how I got here? Considering..."

Hange took her hand back. "Oh. Unfortunately, you were a pure Titan before we had you eat a Titan shifter."

Dina's eyes widened. "Titan shifter...?"

"Oh yes. That's a long story." Hange said.

"Oh..." Dina said and looked outside of the window. "Do you know... how many years... have passed?"

"18 years..." Hange replied.

Dina nodded and looked at Hange.

"Ok so now you should eat something." Hange said with a smile.

Dina nodded and Moblit handed the tray to her.

"So the rest of the explanation is for him to do." Hange said.

Dina took a bite from the bread. "Him?"

"Well, it's a bit complicated." Hange said, smiling nervously. "If you don't mind I could send someone to tell him to come here."

"It's fine..." Dina said.

"That's great." Hange said. "You'll get to meet him after half an hour if you're ok with it."

"I'm ok with it..." Dina said.

Hange nodded.

Then she and Moblit turned around and left the room.
.

"Him...?" Dina muttered. 'Who could it be?' Her eyes widened a bit at a certain thought. 'Could it be Grisha?' Her expression saddened. 'I shouldn't keep my hopes up like this...'

She looked out of the window with a saddened expression. "Zeke... how are you doing now...?"
.

Half an hour had passed.

Dina was just looking out of the window when she heard a knock on the door.

She turned to the door. "Come in."

The door slowly opened and Eren entered the room.

Dina's eyes widened a bit at the familiar eyes.

She kept looking at Eren as he stepped towards her.

"I'm glad you're awake now, Mrs. Dina Fritz Yeager." Eren said with a smile and took a seat on the bench.

"Um... May I get your name?" Dina asked, curious.

"Oh... I am Eren Yeager, son of Grisha Yeager." Eren said.

Dina gasped. "You're Grisha's son?"

"Yes Mrs. Yeager." Eren said. "And I know you're his first wife, Dina Fritz, a descendant of Royal family."

"But how do you know about all of these?" Dina asked, curious.

"Well, he had written a book about all these events." Eren said.

"I see." Dina said. "So, he survived that day."

"Yes, he did." Eren said.

"But how?" Dina asked.

"That day, the Owl saved him." Eren replied.

"The owl...?" Dina said. Then her mind flashed to the public security officer who slapped Grisha's hand over his mouth and twisted Grisha's arm behind his back. 'It must be him...'

"Ok but where is Grisha now?" Dina asked, hopeful. "Can I meet him?"

Eren looked down. "I'm sorry but he accomplished his last mission and passed away."

Dina's eyes widened and tears rolled down her face. She closed her eyes and looked away. 'I should have known...'

After a few moments of crying, she wiped her tears and looked at Eren. "Eren, was he a good father to you?"

Eren smiled. "Yes he was. He raised me with love and care."

Dina smiled. 'I'm glad he learnt from our mistakes...'

"Could you please tell me more about his mission and the life inside Paradis?" Dina asked. "And why was I returned back to human?"

Eren nodded. "So, back then, as I said earlier, the Owl, Eren Kruger saved him and gave him one last mission to retrieve the Founding Titan from the true kings of the Walls."

Dina nodded. "But how did he make it past titans?"

"Eren Kruger entrusted the Attacking Titan's power to Dad." Eren said. "Then he used the titan powers and made it inside the Walls. Here, he worked as a doctor, met with my Mom and after 3 years, they had me."

Dina felt a bit jealous but surpass it.

"105 years ago, king Karl Fritz erased everyone's memories so it was easier for Dad to stay here." Eren said.

Dina nodded.

"So, five years ago, the day Walls were breached by the new warrior units, Dad retrieved the Founding Titan from the king and entrusted them to me." Eren said.

"But why did he entrust the power to you?" Dina asked. "You look so young now. So, you must be around 9/10 back then."

Eren looked down. "Well, those who inherit the power of the Nine Titans perish in 13 years and he was running out of time."

Dina gasped. "Perish after 13 years...? Does that mean..."

"Well, the future inheritor of the Founding Titan will transfer the titan powers from you to someone else once you'll near the 13 years." Eren said, looking at Dina.

"Future inheritor?" Dina said, surprised. "Could you not do the same for youself?"

"Unfortunately, no. I cannot separate myself from the Founding Titan." Eren said. "Someone has to inherit it from me."

"So Grisha purposefully shortened your life span?" Dina sadly said. "Then what did he learn from our past mistakes? He did the same thing to you too..." She looked down. "I'm sorry, Eren."

"It's not like he had a choice, Mrs. Yeager." Eren said.

Dina looked at him. "How come?"

"Each of the nine titans have their own special traits." Eren said. "As per the Attacking Titan, it can glimpse into the memories of it's future inheritors. In other words, it can see the future."

Dina's eyes widened. "See the future...?"

Eren nodded. "Yes. He must have seen my memories of what coming next. So, he entrusted it to me."

Dina nodded. "But why did you choose me to be turned back to human?"

"Because you've royal blood." Eren said. "And if I come contact with you then I would be able to use the Founding Titan's full powers to help us Eldians."

Dina nodded. "I see... But aren't other members of the Royal family here?"

"Well, that day, Dad had to... kill the whole Royal family so that they won't be able to use Founding Titan again." Eren said.

Dina's eyes widened. "He... killed them all?"

"Yes... Actually, if someone with royal blood inherit the Founding Titan, then they will be possessed by the Karl Fritz's idiology." Eren said. "That's why the king of the Walls weren't doing anything about titans. So, Dad had to kill all of them."

Dina nodded in understanding and looked down.

"So my question is, will you help us, Mrs. Yeager?" Eren asked.

Dina looked at him and smiled. "Ofcourse Eren."

"But that's not it. I have a huge favor to ask." Eren said.

"What is it?" Dina asked, curious.

"Since there are no one except a 15 years old girl with royal blood and the fake king is down, you have to be the Queen of the Walls." Eren said in a serious expression.

Dina gasped. "Queen? Me? Are you serious?"

"Yes, I'm serious." Eren said. "People won't tolerate military rule for longer periods of time. So, you've to be the queen, Mrs. Yeager."

Dina looked down. "But, do I even worth it?" She closed her eyes. "I was a horrible mother to Zeke..." Tears started to roll down her face. "I never acknowledged his feelings... ever... Me and Grisha just kept forcing our own ideology to him without considering if he was doing ok..." She sniffed. "With all of these horrible past of mine..." She looked at Eren. "...how would I be able to be a good queen?"

Eren let out a sigh. "I know you and Dad put Zeke through hell. But I believe you and Dad deserve a second chance. The two of you along with all those Eldians have been oppressed for 100 years so you were just desperate to make a change. That's why, I believe you've learnt from your mistakes now and deserve a second chance too."

Dina nodded. "But are you sure I'll make a good ruler?"

"Yes, I believe you." Eren said with a smile.

Dina smiled. "Ok then. I'll be the ruler of the Walls."

Eren nodded, smiling.
.
.

Three days have passed.
.

With the help of Mikasa, Levi and the MPs, the Kenny's squad was caught.
.

After the recovery of Ymir, she promised to use her power under the Survey Corps.
.

As per Reiner, he was still in a prison cell, tied up by his hand and legs.

And him being the Armoured titan was kept secret.
.
.

One week had passed.
.

A coronation to make Dina Fritz Yeager the queen of the Walls was held at the royal capital.
.

A large number of crowd were present there.
.

On the stage, Dina was sitting on her knee, wearing royal clothes while Zachary was holding a crown.

Zachary put the crown on her head and the crowd cheered.
.

Mikasa and Eren were standing in the crowd with proud smile on their faces.
.

Dina stepped forward and brought her fist closer to her chest. "I am Dina Fritz Yeager, the direct descendant of the true king of the Walls. From now on, I am the Queen of Paradis."
.

"Queen Dina!" The crowd shouted.
.

"Yeager?" Sasha said and looked at Eren. "Is she a relative of yours?"

Connie, Ymir, Historia and Marco looked at Eren with curiosity.

Eren nervously smiled. "Well, it's a bit complicated."

"Eh?" Sasha said, confused.

"What type of relationship you two have that it's so complicated to tell us?" Ymir asked.

Historia elbowed her. "Ymir!"

Eren looked back at Dina. "She is technically my step mother. She is someone my Dad had married before."

Connie, Marco, Historia's eye's widened.

"Where was she all this time anyways?" Ymir asked.

Eren looked at her and smiled. "Oh. She was wondering outside the walls all those years like you."

Ymir's eyes widened.

Historia looked at her with consern. "Ymir?"

"Eh? What does that even mean?" Connie asked, looking at Eren.

"Oh." Eren said and looked ahead. "You'll get it in a few days..."

___________________________________________

I'm adding some more stuffs here as I forgot to do so before. Sorry!
___________________________________________

In a large formal military meeting room, the highest ranking soldiers sat, facing the group in the middle.

Three tables seating three people were placed before the large desk up at the front of the room.

Dina sat in the middle with Zachary to her left and another military official to her right.

Two men with rifles stood by the wall behind them.
.

"The early life of Grisha Yeager..." Zachary said. "The extent of our knowledge of Titans and their history. Information about the world beyond the Walls. The only people who know about these information are those here in this very room."
.

Erwin, Levi and Hange sat at the first table.

Mikasa, Eren and Armin were sitting at the second table.

In the last one, Jean, Historia, Ymir and Moblit were sitting.
.

"Half a month ago, Eren Yeager got to see his father's memories when he accidentally made contact with Historia Reiss, a person with royal blood." Zachary said.

Historia's mind flashed to that time when she got her erased memories back.

"Today, and in the queen's presence, I would like to assess our situation and establish an agreement in terms of our course of action." Zachary said. "Survey Corps Commander Erwin Smith."

Erwin stood. "Sir. The Scouts have lost a great deal. But in exchange for the many heroes that we lost, we managed to capture all the traitors who used to live amoung us since the day Shiganshina was breached. However, humanity that lives within the Walls remains in a precarious situation. It would be a relief were Titans the only monsters we had for enemies. But instead, our true enemies are civilized humans or to be more accurate the whole world."

His words were met with deafening silence.

Erwin continued. "According to the memories Eren saw and all the information your majesty, someone from the same place as Grisha Yeager and also who is his first wife, gave, we're a special race called Subjects of Ymir who can turn into Titans. There's also a belief that we may rule the world again. That's why the world wishes to eradicate us Subjects of Ymir. Dr. Yeager later achieved his mission and entrusted the Founding Titan to his son, Eren. In order to wield the Founding Titan's full power, it must be possessed by someone with royal blood. However, even if that person possesses the Founding Titan, they're enslaved by the king's ideals, which only leads them down the path to humanity's downfall. That is the vow renouncing war. But now, we have your majesty, who possesses the power of the Collosal titan and she is also a part of the Royal family and Eren Yeager who possesses the Founding Titan, Attacking Titan and the Female titan."

"Our enemy is... the world!" An MP higher up said. "But if we announce this to the public, the wall will be crumble into chaos."

"That's right. We still haven't fully grasped the magnitude of this situation." Another MP said.

"Then will we deceive the people again?" Pixis asked, standing up. "You wish to follow the lead of King Reiss and ensure the people of the Walls stay domesticated and ignorant? If so, then by what ideals did we rise to take the crown from Kind Reiss?"

No one answered him.

"Let's announce it." Dina said.

Everyone looked at her.

"After all, we're just returning the memories the 145th King Karl Fritz stole, back to the people a century later." Dina said. "We all share the same fate as people of the Walls. We must unite as one and bring our entire strength together."

Everyone nodded.

"Well, then, since Eren could use the Founding Titan's full powers, what should we do to defend ourselves?" Zachary asked and looked at Eren. "Eren Yeager."

Eren stood up. "Sir, my first suggestion is that I turn every pure titans back to human again to restore the Eldian Empire my Dad and your majesty wanted."

"But what about the food shortage of Wall Rose?" An MP asked, looking at Eren. "How are you planning to feed and keep them alive?"

"If we turn them back to humans, we could easily win back Wall Maria without bloodshed." Eren said. "And also, till we make our Paradis better, I could use the Founding Titan's power to keep them in a unconscious state. Afterall, most of them are just innocent Eldians from Marley, just like my former fellow trainee from the 104th and a member of the Survey Corps, Ymir."

Ymir straightened up a bit at her mention.

"Ymir was wondering outside the Walls for 60 years as a pure Titan before she ate Marcel Galliard, one of the Warrior candidate of Marley." Eren said.

Zachary turned to Dina. "Your majesty?"

"I'm with Eren here." Dina said. "Most of the titans were just innocent people who I had fought together with back at Marley. Most of them were just innocent women and children. So I believe, till we make our Paradis a better place for everyone, including the people from the underground, Eren should turn them back to humans and keep them in a unconscious state."

Zachary nodded and looked at Eren. "Well then, what should our next step will be?"

"Sir, once I and your majesty will make contact, I'll transfer the titan powers from the rest of Warrior unit to our comrades." Eren said. "For that, we already have choosen 5 candidates from the Survey Corps. Since those who inherit the power of Titans perish after 13 years, the future inheritor of the Founding Titan will transfer the titan powers from them to other future candidates in order to keep the titan powers within the Eldian Empire again. But since I cannot separate myself from the Founding Titan, someone has to inherit from me."

Dina, Mikasa and Armin looked down.

"And if necessary, we have to rely on the Rumbling." Eren said. "But before that, I'd like to talk with Willy Tybur, the representative of Marleyan government, who is also happens to be a Subjects of Ymir like us."

All of them gasped.

"The representative of Marleyan government is an Eldian?" An MP asked in disbelief.

"But don't they hate Eldians?"

"They do but the Tybur Family is respected there because 105 years ago, Karl Fritz made them the hero who saved the world before he fled here." Eren said.

Zachary nodded. "So, how'd you plan to talk with him?"

"I can use the Founding Titan's power to Talk with him." Eren replied. "If he listens then that would open the gate for the world to trade with us. It'll ensure our survival better."

Silence fell upon them for some moments.

"This is final then." Zachary said. "We'll publish all of these information to general public. And after two days, the event of freeing all the pure titans will be held."

Everyone nodded.
.
.

Citiziens were standing together on the street and reading the announcement in the newspaper.

Many people looked shocked.
.

In a house in Mitras, Levi and Hange were sharing information with Roy and Peaure.

"The true identy of the Titans who've threatened us, are humans." Peare read from a paper. "They have the same ancestry as us. We are 'Subjects of Ymir'."
.

Levi stood at the window, looking down at the people outside.
.

"Our King built these walls 100 years ago. He then altered our Memories using Titan powers and made us believe humanity outside the walls was wiped out. But in fact, humanity wasn't perished." Peare read.
.

Levi sat down at the table, where Hange, Roy and Peaure were sitting and drinking tea.
.

"When speaking of Subjects of Ymir, they call us this: A race of devils. In the near future, the enemy will invade our lands to obtain resources. Their plans began five years ago with the attack of the Colossal Titan." Peare finished reading and looked up at Hange.

"I know the article's already published, but..." Roy said. "Is this as credible as you make it sound?"

"At the very least, it's consistend with the doubts we've had this whole time." Hange said. "I don't want to believe it, either, but it's true."

Roy poured a cup of tea for Levi.

"Thanks." Levi said and took a sip.

"So, how are people reacting?" Hange asked.

"It's a bit of everything." Roy replied. "Some accept it. Some laugh it off. Some lash out at the military and insist it's a conspiracy theory. As all of you feared, it's become chaotic."

"Yeah, but there's no helping that." Hange said. "The reports are what put food in our mouths. The taxpayers decide what to make of it." She took a sip of tea. "That's one thing we're doing better than the old king."

"I couldn't be any prouder of all you." Roy said with a smile.

"Eh?" Hange grunted in confusion.

"Not only as a person of the walls, but also as a fellow working man." Roy said.

Hange set her cup her down and looked down. "Thank you."

"Right... Next time, whip up an article that pats us on the back." Levi said.

Hange looked at him, not amused.

Roy and Peaure smiled at them.

"What will happen to us?" Roy asked. "Just as we've looked at Titans with fear... with hate... and with the wish that they would disappear from the world, the people of the world see us not as humans, but as dangerous monsters. And as a result, what if this hell only repeats itself?" His hands around his cup began to tremble, while he spoke.

Hange smiled. "Well, there are a lot of information that couldn't be published but I can assure you that..." She put the cup down.

"...our future is bright..."

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 366 16
Given a second chance at life in a modern world without Titans, Levi Ackerman is determined to leave his traumatic past life behind. Even so, he has...
28.4K 581 60
Spoiler alert! What if in an alternative universe, after Mikasa frees Ymir from her pain of love, Ymir decided to do the world a favour, as well as g...
59.1K 1.6K 40
Being in the showbiz wasn't Mikasa Ackerman's plan. It was forced onto her as a child, and she slowly adapted to it. She got used to the overwhelming...
55.3K 1.3K 104
SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and becomes Founder Eren? Let's find out. It'...