Bad Intentions

By lisasinghh

I shook my head at him. This is his game. But that doesn't mean I can't master it. I gave him a seductive smi... More

Preview
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Announcement! 🚨
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three

Sixty-Seven

13.4K 455 162
By lisasinghh

Jace

It felt as if my head had just hit my pillow when the sound of my alarm rang clear in my silent room. I groaned and slammed my hand against the alarm clock silencing it and probably for good. Sitting up, I felt a sharp pain radiating from my side.

"Fuck." I winced in pain. I carefully pushed the comforter off my lower body and slid out of bed with my hand wrapped around my left side. With each step I was careful not to overstretch to cause anymore pain. This was enough.

Walking into the bathroom, I lifted my shirt up slowly to reveal a well developed bruise stretching from the waist down to my hip. Purple, black and blue were the colors that were filled in that area. The bottom my shirt brushed against my raw skin causing me to hiss in pain.

"Dude, can I borrow your hair gel?" I heard Sam's voice announce as he entered the bathroom. "I'm trying thi-" He stopped mid sentence just as I quickly dropped the hem of shirt hoping that he did not see the horrific sight. I should have locked the door.

I reached over to the counter, careful to control my facial expression as pain radiated up the left side of my body. Grabbing the container, I handed it to him. His eyes were wide. "Don't waste it. A little goes a long way." I told him in a steady voice.

"Are you hurt?" He asked in small voice concern etched on his face. Shit, he saw.

I gave him a small smile. "Nah. One of the guys at the boxing gym got me good during a practice match. It doesn't even hurt."

His eyes studied me for a moment before his lips broke into a grin. I internally sighed. He believed it. I knew as Sam gets older it will be harder and harder to fully convince him differently of any situation.

"Come on, you're Jace Emerson. You can't get knocked down like that." He said trying to boost my confidence. I chuckled softly.

"And you're Sam Emerson. If you don't hurry you will be late for school and I can't protect you from the wrath of mom." I told him ushering him out of the bathroom.

His face was contoured in fear. My mom held that kind of power. "Would you take me one day to the boxing gym?"  He asked hopefully.

I smiled at the question. "And here I thought you were too old to hang out with your big bro." I teased.

Sam waved his hand dismissively. "I don't want to hang out with you. I want to try boxing."

I ruffled his hair playfully. "Uh-huh, sure."

"You're annoying." He huffed, a tinge of red made it to his cheeks out of embarrassment.

"I'll take you." He perked up in that moment. "But you have to make sure to you are up to date on all your assignments."

"Yes!" He cheered in excitement. "You got it!" Sam ran out of my room excited as ever. I heard him tell mom about our agreement. I shook my head, but couldn't help the smile that landed on lips. I would do anything for that kid.

Grabbing the back of my shirt, I slipped it off my body as I turned on the shower allowing the water to warm up. Hopefully, a hot shower would help ease the ache in my muscles. I glanced once more into the mirror to see the horrible bruise, a sigh left my lips at the sight.

It's getting worse. Almost everyday it something new. A  new bruise, a new cut, a new part of my soul getting ripped away. Dominic has been hell bent on his mission of achieving as much power as he can. He was preparing for his take over. He would create the mess and we were always the ones left to clean it up. Never much words, just fists. Our fists would say all he wanted to and sometime guns. I had one, I never use it or bring it home, but it was there.

I let the hot water fall generously onto my skin. Easing my back muscles slowly to release all the pent up tension. I allowed my mind to reel in my thoughts as it continue to flow against my back.

I was so deep in this fucked up shit with Dominic, I wasn't sure if there was truly away out. As the days go by, I felt my hope of getting out diminishing. With all that I have witnessed and endured during this whole thing, I was not getting out lightly. I knew that.

I didn't care what happened to me, but I keep pushing forward for the people I love, for the people I care about because they deserve to be protected at all cost and I will do that till my last breathe.

Leah.

I took in a sharp breathe from the thought of her. She was never, never suppose to get this deep in. She was suppose to be a form of distraction from all of this. The one last thing keeping me from losing myself completely.

Be honest with yourself, she was never just a distraction.

I ran my hand through my soaked hair pushing it away from my face. She was much more than a distraction. More than she knows. Every inch of me wants to shield and protect her from this dangerous world. Yet she found herself falling deeper into it also. If only I had kept my distance she wouldn't be in any of this.

Everything was so fucked up.

Turning off the water, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist. I took the bottle of pain killers off my counter and popped a few in my mouth. Getting dressed, I picked up my backpack along with my keys and headed downstairs.

It was quiet. Mom and Sam had already left. I headed outside and was automatically hit with a gust of cold. Stepping out, I locked the front door and that's when I felt two arms locking into my own dragging me backwards.

"What the fuck?" I yelled and looked up to see my two idiot best friends pulling me across the yard. "You fuckers, let me go!"

They grinned down at me, but kept their grip iron strong. "No can do." Luke spoke up and I heard the beeping sound of a car unlocking. I'm being kidnapped! How is no one seeing this!?

They each grabbed my legs and tossed me into the backseat and locked the car doors immediately after. I tried to open the lock and pull on the door handles but the freaking child safety lock was on. Those bastards.

Each got into the car and pulled out of the neighborhood. I grabbed their shoulders in a tight grip causing Ian and Luke to jump and eyes widen. "Where are you taking me?" I said eerily calm.

Ian noticeably gulped out of fear as he kept his eyes on the road. "It's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises." I said in a dark tone.

"You'll like this one." Luke said sheepishly.

Oh, I better.

"This" I said pointing to the building in front of us. "Is the surprise. The arcade?" I glared at my two best friends. It was the same one I had took Leah to. "This is the reason you kidnapped me?"

They grinned ear to ear. I wanted to smack it off their faces.

"Dude, when was the last time we had a guys day?" Ian asked. Thinking back, it's been months since we hung out on our own. He clasped his hands onto my shoulders. "Exactly."

"I've been dying to kick your ass at some games." Luke shot a smirk towards me and walked towards the building. Oh, cocky son of a bitch.

"Put your money where you mouth is." I shouted at his departing figure.

"Alright, bet!" He shouted back before disappearing inside.

I shook my head playfully. Time to whoop some ass.

"No seriously, fuck you Emerson." Luke shot a deadly glare at me and I just grinned widely. We were currently facing off on the air hockey table. We were 2-2 and the next game wins. Luke and I were currently tied in amount of games we each won. Neck in neck. Every time one of us was up by a game or two the made sure knock it back down to even playing field. Ian had tapped out halfway into the power struggle between Luke and I.

This was worth being kidnapped.

I tossed the puck onto the table. "Don't be mad, bro. You asked for this ass kicking. Practically begged for it." I said in a smug tone with a smirk planted on my lips.

"I'm gonna make that stupid look on your face turn into despair when I win." He spat getting into defense mode.

I quirked a brow. "How about we make this interesting?"

Luke's eyes narrowed towards me challenging my words. "Continue." He said coolly.

"When I win, you show up to school with a shirt saying 'Jace Emerson is my God.' Back and front. And you have to wear it all day long." I told him with ease. That would be an absolute sight to see.

His features morphed deviously and I narrowed my eyes at him. He was going to one up this. "When I win, you have to get my face tattooed on you." Bastard. No way was I getting his stupid ass face permanently on my body.

Ian's wide eyes shifted between the two of us not believing a word that he was listening to. "Dude, a tattoo? Come on, th-"

"Deal." I agreed cutting Ian off. There was no freaking way I was backing down from this.

"Deal." He grinned.

I hit the puck with force starting the game. Intense wasn't even the word to describe what was going on. We each had our eyes on the prize. The puck kept getting hit with so much force I'm surprised we didn't break it in half. My eyes followed it as it continuously hit the sides of the table. I get a goal, he gets a goal and that's how the trend followed. I was up by one point.

"Is that Leah?" Ian vocalized causing my focus to waver. Hearing her name made my heart stop for a moment. "It is. Hey Leah!" He called out towards the entrance of the arcade trying to flag her down. He left the table jogging towards the entrance. My back was facing that way and I made an attempt to block it all out.

No fucking way was getting this idiot's face tattoo on me. No matter how much I wanted to turn around and met her beautiful face.

Luke had a smug look on his face as he placed the puck back on the table. "Perfect timing." Was all he said before hitting it towards my direction. I blocked it from goal and hit it back with twice the force.

"So, this is where you guys disappeared to." Her sweet voice said from behind. I froze, every inch of my being stood still the moment her voice touched my ears. I took in a sharp breathe careful not to glance over to the side where she now stood. "I was wondering why you all weren't in school today."

I knew the moment I did, I was a goner.

Luke cut me a cocky smirk and glanced over to wear Leah was standing. "Aw, did you miss us?" He teased.

I heard her scoffed. Even the sound of that did something to me. "I survived, didn't I? But I'm sure a certain dark blonde was missing you." She tossed back. That's my girl.

The smile on Luke's face wavered slightly at the mention of Kayla. He was completely head over heels for her. "Did she mention me?" He asked like a lost puppy.

This causes Ian and I snicker at him. Luke sent a deadly glare towards us.

"You should ask her. I mean you have competition and all. He was definitely making his move without you there today." She said referring back to Jax. The color from his face drained.

"Not fucking Jax Livingston." He gritted out from his clenched teeth. His hand slipped away from his goal leaving the perfect opening.

I hit the puck with the right amount of power causing it to slid across the table and directly into his goal and ultimately ending the game.

"And that was game." I said dropping the mallet onto the table for my glorious mic drop moment. Luke gapped at me.

"No freaking way! Leah distracted me." He argued.

I glanced over to Leah who held her hands up pledging her innocence, but I saw that mischievous smile on her perfect lips. Fuck, those lips. "Hey, you started the conversation."

Luke muttered a few colorful words under his breathe.

"I better see that shirt tomorrow." I grinned at him. Luke didn't say anything but just continued his deadly stare.

"What shirt?" Leah asked curiously looking between us.

"Oh you'll see tomorrow." Ian answered. "It will be a sight to see."

"Why are you here? I thought you hate this mall." I asked. Her brown eyes looked over to me. They were a perfect chocolate brown color. I felt a spark ignite within me with just one look. Her dark hair was pulled back in a ponytail causing a few pieces to fall framing her small face, it also allowed for the perfect view of the smooth skin of her neck down to her collarbone. My mind flashed back to the moment in Mr. Rylan's office. The feeling of my lips against her soft skin, planting soft kisses to hear her delicate moans. I felt that small spark turn into burning fire within me.

Control yourself Jace.

"My mom had ordered a few decorations from one of the stores here. I was just coming to pick them up." She answered simply and I nodded knowing that if I open my mouth it would deceive me.

"We have a few credits left. Do you want to help us finish it up?" Ian offered.

"Oh, no! I don't want to impose on your guys day." She shook her head.

"No way. Now that you're here I can actually have fun and not have to be between these two idiots power struggle." Ian told her.

She glanced over at me for a moment uncertain of what she should say.

"Yeah, come on Lee." Luke added tossing his arm around her shoulder lazily giving her a lopsided smile. I knew that it was an innocent gesture, but I wanted to rip Luke's arm off and burn it in that instance.

What the fuck is going on with me?

She gave a breathtaking smile. "Sure, why not?"

The guys cheered happily. "What do you want to do first?" Ian asked literally dragging her through the arcade.

"Mario Kart." She announced and shot a wicked look at us. "You guys are going down." I couldn't help the smile that found it's way to my lips. She was too adorable.

"Oh a shit talker. Just like your boyfriend." Luke said and Leah's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She wasn't use to hearing that. But I want her to get use to it.

"I had to learn it from somewhere after all." She said covering her flustered state.

"You all are going down." Ian announced with a devious smile as they approached the game. He was a fiend at Mario Kart.

I felt my phone ring and pulled it out to see my mom calling. "You guys go ahead. I have to take this."

They nodded, but Leah's eyes lingered with concern. It was always filled with that emotion. I turned around and clicked the answer button placing the phone to ear.

But my mind stayed on memory of those beautiful chocolate colored eyes filled with concern.

One day could they possible be filled with something else.

Maybe love?

***
Hello loves!

Happy almost Halloween! 🎃 any plans??

I wanted you all to get a little insight on Jace and his feels. I hope you all enjoyed it!

Under his tough exterior he's just a guy who wants to have a normal life. This is why I love him! ❤️

There much more ahead! I hope your hearts are ready!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! The more votes and comments I see the more motivation I get to release chapters early! It truly lets me know if you all are enjoying the story!

Lisa S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
3.1M 80.5K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
8K 364 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...
2.4M 87.6K 55
17 year old, Elena Hawkins thought she was going to be done with boys forever. What Nate Thompson did to her in the fifth grade was unacceptable. She...