Lost in the Cruel World (Mika...

By EreMikaheart

Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another... More

1. Back to Where Everything Started
2. The Warmth of His Scarf
3. Trapped in a Small Cage
4. Indebted
5. To You, In 2,000 Years
6. That Day
7. A Dim Light Amid Despair
8. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
9. First Battle
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Primal Desire
16. Can't Look into His Eyes Yet
17. Special Operations Squad
18. Needed to be Done
19. Female Titan
20. Forest of Giant Trees
21. Defeated
22. Memories of That Day
23. The Attacking Titan
24. End Result
25. Mere Threat
27. Soilder
28. The Fallen Warriors
29. Blessing
30. Ruler of the Walls
31. Memories of the Future
32. Inevitable
33. The Other Side of the Walls
34. Love Against Time
35. Grow Old Together
36. Lost In the Cruel World (Final Chapter)

26. Beast Titan

938 24 1
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

The new recruits the Mike squad were in a building in the south of Wall Sina during Eren and Erwin were taking down the fake king.
.

Connie looked bored out of his skull, elbow on the table, face in hand. He let out a sigh.

Sasha sat beside him in the same position, looking equally bored.

"My village isn't far south of here, you know..." Connie said in a dull voice.

"My hometown is close by, too..." Sasha spoke in the same dull voice.
.

At the same table, Reiner and Bert were playing chess.

At a lone table, Marco was reading a book.
.

"Damn. Why can't I go visit?" Connie complained. "Maybe I'll sneak out at night."

Sasha looked at Connie. "They told me not to come back until I'm normal."

Connie smiled. "They told me I was too puny to be a soldier. Was genius enough to be one, though. I was in our class's top ten. I'm gonna go make 'em eat their words."

"Connie, if you're serious, I'll help." Reiner said.

Connie tilted his head back. "What? How come?"

Reiner looked at him. "Doesn't it seem strange? We're on standby in our plain clothes and we're not allowed to train or wear our uniforms." He stood up and approached the window. "Even more suspicious..."
.

Outside, two Scouts were talking.
.

"...is that everyone else is fully armed. We're inside the Wall, not on the front line." Reiner said and turned to them. "Who are we fighting?"

"Well, there are bears in the area." Connie said.

Reiner walked back to his seat.

"Yeah. Bears." Sasha repeated.

"Guns are enough to handle bears." Reiner replied and sat down. Then he crossed his arms.

Sasha lifted her face from her hands straightened in her seat.

Reiner looked at her.

Sasha let her head fall on the table, ear pressed to the surface. After a moment, she gasped and sat upright, looking alarmed. "I hear thuds! They sound like footsteps!"

"Huh?" Connie said.

The others turned to her.

"Get serious, Sasha." Reiner said. "If you're suggesting there are Titans here... that'd mean Wall Rose has fallen."
.

In the watchtower, Mike sniffed, eyes widening. He turned to look.

"Mike?" Nanaba questioned, turning to him.

"Thomas! Take three couriers and go!" Mike ordered.

"Huh?" Thomas said.

"Notify each district!" Mike said and looked ahead intently. 'There are likely no Titans among the 104th Cadet Corps recruits!' He clenched his fist.
.

In the distance, a cloud of dust rose, with multiple titans approaching them.
.

"Multiple Titans from the south! Wall Rose has been breached!" Mike informed.
.

Sasha threw her arms up. "It's the truth! I really hear footsteps!"

Nanaba landed in the window and opened it. "Everyone here?"

"Nanaba-san?" Christa asked, standing up.

"Multiple Titans, 500 meters to the south. They're coming right this way." Nababa informed.

The recruits gasped.

"There's no time for you to gear up. Take your horses and evacuate all nearby homes and settlements. Understood?" Nababa said.

Connie looked pale. "From... the south?"

Sasha looked at him.

Reiner turned to Bertolt, looking panicked. "Has the Wall been breached?!"

"Get going!" Nanaba ordered, getting ready to fly away. "Lunch will have to wait, I'm afraid!" She flew away towards Miche.
.

Outside, a group of Scouts rode off.
.

Nababa joined Mike on the rooftop, standing beside him. "Mike."

"There are nine in that swarm up ahead." Mike informed.
.

Slowly but steadily, the Titans marched.
.

"They've broken through Wall Rose." Nanaba said.
.

Down on the ground, the recruits readied their horses.
.

Nababa knelt on one knee, chin in her hand. "We never managed to uncover the Titans' secrets or figure out what they are. And now the day has come. Humanity... has lost."

"No. Not yet." Mike replied and turned and walked to the other edge of the roof. "Only when a person stops fighting do they lose. As long as we continue to fight, we are not beaten!"
.
.

Horses raced away from the buildings.

"As soon as the Titans reach the woods, we'll split into four teams of recruits and soldiers alike, and then simultaneously scatter in each direction!" Mike ordered. "Avoid combat when possible and focus on getting the word out!" He turned to his side. "Is anyone familiar with this region?!"

Sasha raised her hand."M-Me! My town's north of here! I know the lay of the land well! And..." She looked at Connie. "...so does Connie!"

Connie was staring ahead, dazed.

"Connie?" Sasha said.

"My village... My village is to the south... where the Titans are coming from." Connie said. "I can take you to the nearby villages. After that... please let me visit mine."

"Alright." Mike said. "You'll guide the southern team."

"Yes, sir!" Connie replied.

Reiner rode up beside Connie. "I'll come with you, Connie."

Connie looked at him. "The south will be crawling with Titans. It'll be the most dangerous."

Reiner smiled. "So? I was going to help you sneak there anyway, remember?" He glanced to his right. "You coming, Bertolt?"

Bertolt looked uneasy, but finally said in a low voice. "Of course I'll come."

"As you may know, today marks the new darkest day in humanity's history!" Nababa yelled. "If ever humankind needed to give its all, that time is now!"

"The Titans have reached the woods!" A scout yelled.

Nanaba turned back to watch the giants approaching.

"Scatter!" Mike ordered.

The group began to split off.

"Ride as fast as you can!" Miche yelled.
.

The Titans came to a stop.

Suddenly, the Titans sprang into action, running and behaving abnormally.
.

"What?!" Mike said, watching them, stunned. "They all started sprinting!"

"Whoa! They're going to catch up!" Connie yelled.

Mike gritted his teeth. "Gelgar!" He whipped the reins and headed toward the approaching swarm. "Take charge of the southern team!"

"Sir?!" Gelgar replied following him with his eyes. "U-Understood."

"He's using himself as bait?!" Lynne asked.

"He won't survive!" Henning said, looking at Gelgar. "I'll help!"

"No!" Gelgar said and looked at her. "We can't spare anyone else! Have faith in him! His skill is second only to Captain Levi! He'll make it back alive!"

The other Scouts rode in silence.
.

Mike utilized his 3D gear, sliding on the ground on his feet as the wire reeled him in.

He jumped off and spun behind a Titan, bringing his swords down with a cry.

He flew above a tree and jumped over the Titan's hand, running on its arm to reach its neck and take out the nape.

He landed on the roof as the giant fell. With an exhale, he glanced to the right to see a Titan leaning against the building, watching him.

'Four left.' Mike observed the other Titans around him. 'No, it's time to go.' He sheathed his swords. 'I've bought enough time.' He whistled, the sound echoing. 'Still...' He turned to look at another Titan. 'I am concerned about that Abnormal.' He watched the Beast titan walk. 'It's different. It looks over 17 meters tall. It's huge... And I've never seen a Titan covered in fur before. It's just walking around instead of coming for me. It's definitely an Abnormal, but...' He turned as he heard the neighing of his horse.

His horse was racing toward the building.

'Great! You're back!' Mike thought. 'I won't need to hold out until nightfall.'

Suddenly, the Beast titan picked up the horse and the animal let out a frightened, pained cry.

'It went for the horse?' Mike gasped in shock and pulled out his swords. 'You can't be serious!'

The Beast Titan's gaze landed on him. He arched his long arm back and threw the horse.

Mike barely dodged and rolled off the roof, right into the hands of a small Titan.

It opened its mouth and bit Mike's legs.

"Wait!" The beast titan yelled, coming towards them.

A shadow fell over them and Mike watched, eyes bulging, as the Beast Titan lowered himself.

The Beast titan smiled at him.

The small Titan bit Mike's midsection and droplets of blood flew as he screamed, struggling.

"Huh? Didn't I just say to wait?" The Beast Titan said and grabbed the small one and squeezed.

An eyeball popped out and Mike fell to the ground.

Frightened, Mike watched the Beast flex his fingers.

"Tell me, what is that weapon called?" The Beast titan asked and looked down at Mike. "That thing on your waist that flies around."

Mike was still too stunned to speak.

Behind him, a Titan stood, half hiding behind a tree.

"I'm certain we speak the same language. Perhaps you're simply too frightened." The Beast titan said. "Oh, I see you use swords, too. I guess that means you know we reside in the nape. Ah, well." He reached out. "I'll just take it back with me."

Mike cried out, lying down, covering his head with his hands, trembling.

The Beast Titan stood and walked away.
.

Suddenly, Mike remembered his words to Nanaba. 'Only when a person stops fighting do they lose.' Gritting his teeth, he picked up his sword. 'As long as we continue to fight... we are not beaten!' He let out a battle cry, stopping immediately when the beast titan stopped.

The Beast Titan looked back. "You can move now."

The three Titans converged on Mike at once.

"No! No!" Mike yelled and dropped his sword and attempted to flee, sobbing, scared out of his mind. "Stop! Don't!"

One grabbed his arm from behind while another Titan bit his leg.

Mike kicked at it futilely. "No! No!"
.

The Beast Titan watched without much of an expression. "So you can speak." He walked away, staring at the gear between his fingertips. "I must say, what a clever idea."
.

"No! Stop!" Mike continued to scream in agony as the sounds of chewing and squirting and tearing went on.
.
.

"Connie, wait!" Reiner yelled, Bertolt and two other Scouts riding behind him.

Connie rode ahead of the group.

"Calm down!" Reiner yelled. "There could be Titans anywhere!"

They reached the village and Connie raced in.

"Get back here, Connie!" Reiner yelled.
.

Connie looked around, frantic. 'This can't be...'
.

Parts of the homes were destroyed all around him.
.

"Anyone?! Is anyone there?! It's me! Connie!" Connie screamed, looking around. "I came back!"

Silence greeted him.

Sweating, Connie's head snapped in the direction of his home and he yanked the reins.  "My house!" He closed his eyes, their faces flashing across his mind. "Dad...Mom... Sunny... Martin! Please be okay!" Opening his eyes, he stopped his horse.

A Titan lay on its back inside the wrecked house.

Connie stared, eye wide, mouth open.

"Connie!" Reiner said and reached him and grabbed his arm. "Get back!"

"It's my... house." Connie said as Reiner appeared startled, following his gaze. "My..."

"Connie..." Reiner trailed off.

Gelgar stopped between them and the Titan. "Fall back, you two!"

"I'll scout the area!" Lynne said and raced by.

"Wait, it's..." Gelgar said, observing the Titan's almost dried up looking limbs.

"It can't move?" Bertolt asked, looking at the titan.

"Not with those legs..." Lynne commented.

"Th-Then..." Gelgar stuttered. "How? How did it even get here?!"
.

Pixis was in Inside the office in Throst.

He was sitting behind his desk with a piece of paper in hand.

Anka, Hannes, and two other Garrison soldiers were also present.

"Commander Pixis!" A man yelled, running into the room. "Titans have been spotted!"

His words were met with startled looks.

"Wall Rose has been breached!"

Pixis's expression became serious. "Hmm."
.

.
.
.

In his dream, Eren found himself in the Paths.

From his perspective, he was standing before the Coordinates.

"This place..." Eren trailed off. His eyes widened a bit as he felt someone's presence behind him. He turned around and gapsed slightly.

Before him, there stood Ymir, who had a smile on her face.

"Founder Ymir..." Eren trailed off. His expression saddened. "You've been waiting again for us to free you."

Ymir nodded, still smiling.

Eren looked away. "I don't know how that'll happen this time but..." He looked at Ymir and smiled. "Thank you Founder Ymir for giving us a second chance. I promise, you'll be freed from this nightmare soon."

Ymir nodded again.

Eren watched as Ymir walked towards the Coordinates.

His expression saddened. "Years long nightmare..."
.
.
.

Slowly, Eren opened his eyes and found himself in Mikasa's arms who was sleeping peacefully with a smile while her head was on his chest.

Eren smiled and stroke Mikasa's hair. "You don't know how grateful I'm to be with you, Mikasa..."

Feeling his fingers on her head, Mikasa slowly opened her eyes. "Mmm..." She slowly looked up to see Eren smiling at her. "Eren..." She smiled. Then she reached out and caressed Eren's cheek.

Eren put his hand on Mikasa's. "Slept well, Mika?"

"Mika?" Mikasa said.

"It's your new nickname, Mikasa." Eren said, smiling. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, Ereh." Mikasa said, smiling.

"I'm glad." Eren said.

After a moment of just starring at eachother, Mikasa crawled up towards his face and got on top of him.

Once her face was closer to his, she smiled and put her palms on Eren's cheeks.

Eren blushed a bit. "Mika..."

"Ereh..." Mikasa said, smiling. Then she closed her eyes and pressed her lips to his.

Eren closed his eyes and kissed Mikasa back while stroking her hair.

They kept making out for some minutes until-

Armin abruptly opened the door to their room. "Eren! Mik-" He stopped as he saw the position Eren and Mikasa were in. "Oh my..." He shyly smiled.

Mikasa quickly got off Eren's chest and sat up on the bed, blushing. "Ar-Armin..."

Eren sat up, blushing. "Uh..."

"Oh um sorry to interrupt..." Armin said, smiling shyly.

"Armin? What's the matter?" Eren asked.

"Titans are inside Wall Rose now." Armin calmly said.

Eren let out a sigh. "It's time we catch some traitors."
.
.

Erwin stared outside his office window.

"Ugh." Levi said, standing at the door.

Erwin turned to see him.

"Those damn Titans never give us a break." Levi said and walked up to him.

"It was wise to have Squad Leader Mike watch the 104th," A scout said, smiling. "I believe he can handle the situation."

"Yes." Erwin said and faced the window. "Let's hope so."
.
.

It was nighttime.

In Stohess district, soldiers walked around with torches in the large courtyard, horses neighing.
.

Eren placed the 3D gear against the side on a wagon and took a spot beside Mikasa.

"But..." Armin said, approaching the wagon they were in. "Would Titans break Walls with Titans in them?"

Eren looked ahead. "No, they must have turned the nearby villagers into titans."

"This is bad." Armin said and took a seat beside Eren.
.

Erwin was in the lead with Keiji, Nifa, Jean and Abel behind him and a host of

Scouts were behind them.
.

"Sorry to keep ya!" Hange said, approaching, waving, with Levi walking next to her. "Took longer to prepare than we thought."

"It's fine, Hange-san." Eren said.

Hange and Levi got on the wagon and sat up accross Eren and Mikasa.

Mikasa wrapped her cloak around Eren. "Eren. Wear it tight. It's cold at night."

"Thanks Mikasa." Eren said with a smile and got a smile in return from Mikasa.

"Aww! That's cute." Hange said with a smile.

Eren and Mikasa blushed and looked away.

Armin just smiled at them.
.

"Open the gate!" Erwin ordered.
.

The gate began to rise.
.

Erwin's horse moved forward and he turned to stand before the soldiers. "The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. But everything up until Ehrmich is safe. We'll save time going through there. Move out!" He turned around with his horse.

"Yes, sir!" All the scouts replied in unison.
.

"Take us out." Levi told the driver.

"Yes, sir!"

The cart driver whipped the reins and the horses began to move.
.

With Erwin leading the charge, the Scouts followed, carrying torches to light their way.
.

The wagon passed through the gate and Armin looked back. 'This whole time, Titans have been protecting us from Titans.'
.
.

"They have arrived finally." Eren said and looked down. "They must have turned a whole nearby villagers into titans."

"Right. But we still have to kill them." Hange said and let out a sigh.

Eren looked up at Levi. "Captain, remember, don't kill Reiner and Bertolt. Just severe their limbs."

Levi nodded. "I know."

"Ok but do you know what kind of technology they have considering they must have turned all of them in one go?" Hange asked, looking at Eren.

"Well, I'm not sure myself but they must have mixed the titan spinal fluid with some Kind of gas." Eren said. "Otherwise, it would be difficult to inject the villegers one by one."

Hange and Armin gasped.

"Gas? So we can just turn into titans through breathing?" Hange asked with wide eyes.

"If they can do this then..." Armin said with wide eyes. "They'll turn everyone in Paradis into titans overnight without anyone's knowledge."

"They won't do that." Eren said.

"Huh? Why won't?" Hange asked.

Eren looked at her. "They don't want our extermination." He looked at the Walls.

"They want to enslave us to use the power of Titans."

____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 57 6
[Book Two] Levi x Reader "What a plot twist you were." ❌ Do not copy my work. Don't repost it on any social media.
55.4K 1.3K 104
SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and becomes Founder Eren? Let's find out. It'...
71.6K 1.3K 21
MANGA SPOILERS: I know a lot of people have already written fan fictions on this topic but this one will be different. After Mikasa killed Eren, Ere...
59.1K 1.6K 40
Being in the showbiz wasn't Mikasa Ackerman's plan. It was forced onto her as a child, and she slowly adapted to it. She got used to the overwhelming...