Coup de Foudre [Fred Weasley]...

By SlytherinScum

Vega-Nova Lestrange, entering her Sixth-Year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, finds herself surrounded wi... More

⚡️ Information ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 1 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 2 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 4 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 5 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 6 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 7 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 8 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 9 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 10 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 11 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 12 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 13 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 14 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 15 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 16 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 17 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 18 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 19 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 20 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 21 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 22 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 23 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 24 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 25 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 26 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 27 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 28 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 29 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 30 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 31 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 32 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 33 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 34 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 35 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 36 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 37 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 38 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 39 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 40 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 41 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 42 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 43 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 44 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 45 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 46 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 47 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 48 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 49 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 50 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 51 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 52 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 53 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 54 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 55 ⚡️
⚡️ Chapter 56 ⚡️
⚡️ NOTE ⚡️

⚡️ Chapter 3 ⚡️

128 6 0
By SlytherinScum

Vega and Harry were quiet as they made their way up the stairs and right over to where his bedroom was located. He opened the door and allowed her to step inside first and then followed behind her, closing the door while Vega took in the sight of the room, absolutely offended by the mess that he had made in his room over two weeks.

"Harry, you're..." Vega trailed off, trying to find words to say but unable to. She sighed and just shook her head. "So, uh, were you really doubtful that Dumbledore would come by? I mean, if he hadn't, I would've taken you with me to the Burrow,"

"I wasn't sure if my owl would reach him," Harry admitted as he started to chuck his stuff into his open, dishevelled trunk. "How have you been, Vega?"

"Just okay," Vega admitted. "I, uh, got to meet Fred the previous weekend – he came over and we went to his flat... and Dora's been busy with her work a lot... especially since the new Minister is asking a lot from the Aurors – you know, since he was previously the Head of Auror Office,"

"is he like Fudge or...?" Harry asked, and Vega knew that he was asking that because the pair of them were more likely to run into Ministers than not.

"Well, I don't know Scrimgeour personally," Vega told him. "But from what I have heard, he is quite strict and goal-oriented. His personality is a complete opposite to Fudge as well – Dora says that he can be impulsive at times but a strong Auror. But none of us can say for sure, not even him, because people often change when they are given so much power,"

It was silent between the two of them as they gathered Harry's stuff – Vega used her swift hands to fold Harry's clothes quickly, not quite happy with how they were jumbled up and he felt like she was a bit fussy like a mother when it came to cleanliness and tidiness.

And Harry almost mentioned it to her – jokingly, of course – until he realised that Vega didn't have a mother, and it would only bring up Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Doesn't it look better like this?" Vega asked, gesturing to the neatly packed trunk before confirming herself, "It looks way better!" She noticed that she hadn't found the Invisibility Cloak. "Hey, where's your Invisibility Cloak, Harry?"

They looked around the room up-and-down until they finally found the Invisibility Cloak lying under his bed, and Vega gave him a look as she put it in the trunk.

"You have to start being more responsible with your belongings, Harry," Vega warned him. "You're almost sixteen now – and you cannot afford to misplace your Cloak,"

Vega put the cauldron and other equipment into the trunk and closed the lid with four clicks on the locks. She set it up with Harry's help and he heaved it down the stairs while Vega took to picking up Hedwig's cage, cooing at her and rubbing her head with her finger.

"Did you miss me, Hedwig?" Vega asked and smiled when the owl hooted. "Oh, I missed you so much too, love – I'll give you treats when we get to the Burrow, okay? Aquila missed you, too,"

When they arrived back down stairs and into the living room, there was an ambience of complete and persistent silence in the room – nobody was talking. Dumbledore was humming quietly, apparently quite at his ease, but the atmosphere was thicker than cold custard. Vega tried to avoid looking at the Dursleys and turned to Dumbledore.

"Um, Professor, Harry's finished packing and we're ready to leave," Vega informed, and Harry stopped next to her, himself not looking to his maternal family.

"Good," Dumbledore said. "Just one last thing, then," And he turned to speak to the Dursleys once more. "As you will no doubt be aware, Harry comes of age in a year's time –"

"No," Aunt Petunia spoke up, speaking for the first time since Vega and Dumbledore's arrival, and when Dumbledore turned to look at her, she didn't meet his eyes.

"I'm sorry?" Dumbledore asked politely.

"No, he doesn't – he's a month younger than Dudley, and Dudders doesn't turn eighteen until the year after next," Aunt Petunia said, and Vega felt like she would've run away from home had she been given a nickname such as that at age 16.

"Ah," Dumbledore said pleasantly. "But in the Wizarding world, we come of age at seventeen,"

Uncle Vernon muttered, "Preposterous," but Dumbledore ignored him.

"Now, as you already know, the wizard called Lord Voldemort has returned to this country," Dumbledore continued. "The Wizarding community is currently in a state of open warfare. Harry, whom Lord Voldemort has already attempted to kill on a number of occasions, is in even greater danger now than the day when I left him upon your doorstep fifteen years ago, with a letter explaining about his parents' murder and expressing the hope that you would care for him as though he were your own,"

Dumbledore paused, and although his voice remained light and calm, and he gave no obvious sign of anger, Vega could feel the unmistakable chill emanating from him and noticed that the Dursleys drew very slightly closer together.

"You did not do as I asked," Dumbledore said. "You have never treated Harry as a son. He has known nothing but neglect and often cruelty at your hands. The best that can be said is that he has at least escaped the appalling damage you have inflicted upon the unfortunate boy sitting between you,"

Both Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon looked around instinctively, as though expecting to see someone other than Dudley squeezed between them.

"Us – mistreat Dudders? What do you –?" began Uncle Vernon furiously, but Dumbledore raised his finger for silence, a silence which fell as though he had struck Uncle Vernon dumb.

"The magic I evoked fifteen years ago means that Harry has powerful protection while he can still call this house 'home'," Dumbledore told them. "However miserable he has been here, however unwelcome, however badly treated, you have at least, grudgingly, allowed him houseroom.

"This magic will cease to operate the moment that Harry turns seventeen. In other words, at the moment he becomes a man. I ask only this: that you allow Harry to return, once more, to this house, before his seventeenth birthday, which will ensure that the protection continues until that time,"

None of the Dursleys said anything.

Dudley was frowning slightly, as though he was still trying to work out when he had ever been mistreated by his parents or elsewhere. Uncle Vernon looked as though he had something stuck in his throat; Aunt Petunia, however, was oddly flushed.

"Well, Harry, and Vega... time for us to be off," Dumbledore said at last, standing up and straightening his long black cloak.

"Yes, Professor," Vega muttered, wanting to be out of this uncomfortable situation where she felt like she was merely intruding upon them.

"Until we meet again," Dumbledore said to the Dursleys, who looked as though that moment could wait forever as far as they were concerned, and after doffing his hat, he swept from the room.

"Bye," Harry said hastily to the Dursleys, and he and Vega followed Dumbledore, who paused beside Harry's trunk, upon which Hedwig's cage was perched.

"We do not want to be encumbered by these just now," Dumbledore said, pulling out his wand again. "I shall send them to the Burrow to await us there. However, I would like you to bring your Invisibility Cloak... just in case,"

"It's on the very top," Vega informed Harry as she picked Hedwig's cage up again to allow Harry to extract the Cloak from his trunk quickly.

Once Harry had stuffed it into an inside pocket of his jacket and Vega had placed the cage back on top of the trunk, Dumbledore waved his wand and the trunk, cage, and Hedwig vanished. He then waved his wand again, and the front door opened onto cool, misty darkness. He turned to look at the pair of teenagers by his side –

"And now, Harry and Vega, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure," Dumbledore informed them.

Together, the three of them filed out of the front door and Vega closed the door behind her as she, Dumbledore and Harry started to walk down the Privet Drive. The two teenagers walked behind the Headmaster, not quite sure where they were heading.

Dumbledore, however, seemed completely relaxed, and when he spoke, he did so brightly despite the message, "Keep your wand at the ready, Harry,"

Harry quickly did so and when he glanced toward Vega, he noticed that her left hand already had her long wand in her hold. She looked to be calm and casual but he could see that her grey eyes were very much aware of their surroundings.

"But I thought I'm not allowed to use magic outside school, sir?" Harry asked.

"If there is an attack," Dumbledore said. "I give you permission to use any counter-jinx or curse that might occur to you. However, I do not think you need worry about being attacked tonight,"

"Why not, sir?" Harry asked, and Vega looked toward Dumbledore curiously as well.

"You both are with me," Dumbledore replied simply. "This will do, Harry," He came to an abrupt halt at the end of Privet Drive and Vega recognised it to be the same place that they had Apparated to. "You have not, of course, passed your Apparition Test,"

"No," Harry said and he looked inquiringly at Vega, who shook her head to let him know that she hadn't learnt either. "I thought you had to be seventeen?"

"You do," Dumbledore said. "So, you will need to hold on to my arm very tightly. My left, if you don't mind – as you have noticed, my wand arm is a little fragile at the moment,"

Following Vega's example, Harry gripped Dumbledore's proffered forearm.

"Very good," Dumbledore said. "Well, here we go,"

The familiar sensation of Apparating raced right through Vega's body just as everything went black for a few seconds with a loud crack. And then, the world materialised back in front of them. Vega slowly let go of Dumbledore to look around the location.

Vega, Harry and Dumbledore were now standing in what appeared to be a deserted village square, in the centre of which stood an old war memorial and a few benches. She frowned, unable to really recognise his place, and turned to look at Harry.

"Are you all right?" Dumbledore asked, looking down at him solicitously. "The sensation does take some getting used to,"

"I'm fine," Harry said, rubbing his ears. "But I think I might prefer brooms..."

"That's what everyone says at the start," Vega admitted.

Dumbledore smiled, drew his traveling cloak a little more tightly around his neck, and told the pair of them, "This way," Dumbledore set off at a brisk pace, past an empty inn and a few houses with Vega and Harry quickly following, looking around.

According to a clock on a nearby church, it was almost midnight. Vega had no idea what they were doing here but she knew one thing for sure, they wouldn't be heading to the Burrow any time soon. She was sure that Harry had no idea where they were, either. Certainly, she herself had not unexpected this detour when she had set out of her home.

"So, tell me," Dumbledore spoke up. "Your scars... have they been hurting at all?"

Immediately, both Vega's hand went for her stomach protectively over the Lichtenberg scarring that laid under her shirt and jack, and Harry raised a hand unconsciously to his forehead where he rubbed the lightning-shaped mark.

"No," Harry said. "And I've been wondering about that. I thought it would be burning all the time now Voldemort's getting so powerful again,"

"I haven't felt anything," Vega admitted. "I rarely... do – I think it is due to... what I am, you know, the Obscurial thing? Voldemort has never tried to get to me, aside from what happened in the Atrium last month,"

When Vega looked up at Dumbledore, she saw that he was wearing a satisfied expression on the news of their scars not working up anymore.

"I, on the other hand, thought otherwise," Dumbledore said. "Lord Voldemort has finally realiesd the dangerous access to his thoughts and feelings you have been enjoying. It appears that he is now employing Occlumency against you,"

"Well, I'm not complaining," Harry said, and Vega nodded in agreement.

The three of them turned a corner, passing a telephone box and a bus shelter. Vega stepped ahead looked sideways at Dumbledore again, "Professor Dumbledore?"

"Vega?" Dumbledore replied.

"Um, I was wondering if you could tell us where we are right now?" Vega asked quietly. "I haven't been here before, and I'm sure Harry hadn't, either,"

"This, Vega, is the charming village of Budleigh Babberton," Dumbledore introduced pleasantly.

"And what are we doing here?" Harry asked.

"Ah yes, of course, I haven't told you two," Dumbledore said. "Well, I have lost count of the number of times I have said this in recent years, but we are, once again, one member of staff short. We are here to persuade an old colleague of mine to come out of retirement and return to Hogwarts,"

"How can Harry and I help with that, sir?" Vega asked.

"Oh, I think we'll find a use for you both," Dumbledore said vaguely, causing Vega and Harry to share yet another look. "Left here, Vega and Harry,"

They proceeded up a steep, narrow street lined with houses. All the windows were dark but that didn't stop Vega to look around as quickly and shrewdly as possible while following Harry and Dumbledore. She was still not comfortable with walking around in the dark, especially when she was afraid that people next to her could get hurt or worse.

"Professor, why couldn't we just Apparate directly into your old colleague's house?" Harry asked.

"Because it would be quite as rude as kicking down the front door," Dumbledore said. "Courtesy dictates that we offer fellow wizards the opportunity of denying us entry. In any case, most Wizarding dwellings are magically protected from unwanted Apparators. At Hogwarts, for instance –"

"– you can't Apparate anywhere inside the buildings or grounds," Harry said quickly, causing Vega to let out a small, quiet laugh. "Vega – and Hermione Granger – told me,"

"And they are quite right," Dumbledore said. "We turn left again,"

As they turned, Vega looked around the new street – the church clock chimed midnight behind them, informing that the new day had started.

"Sir, I saw in the Daily Prophet that Fudge has been sacked..." Harry spoke up, and it was so sudden that Vega had to physically stifle her laugh.

"Correct," Dumbledore said, now turning up a steep side street. "He has been replaced, as I am sure you also saw, by Rufus Scrimgeour, who used to be Head of the Auror office,"

"Is he... do you think he's good?" Harry asked, a bit bewildered with how similarly Vega and Dumbledore had introduced the man.

"An interesting question," Dumbledore said. "He is able, certainly – a more decisive and forceful personality than Cornelius,"

"Yes," Harry replied. "But I meant –"

"I know what you meant," Dumbledore told him. "Rufus is a man of action and, having fought Dark wizards for most of his working life, does not underestimate Lord Voldemort,"

Harry waited, but Dumbledore did not say anything about the disagreement with Scrimgeour that the Daily Prophet had reported, and Harry seemed not to have the nerve to pursue the subject, so he changed it, much to Vega's surprise.

"And... sir... I saw about Madam Bones," Harry said, causing Vega to look away, pretending to be busy watching the windows but she was quite upset.

"Yes," Dumbledore said quietly. "A terrible loss. She was a great witch – hust up here, I think – ouch," He had pointed with his injured hand.

"Professor," Vega spoke, wanting to change the topic yet again. "What happened to your –?"

"I have no time to explain now, dear Vega," Dumbledore replied. "It is a thrilling tale, I wish to do it justice," He smiled at Vega but she felt unsure.

"Sir – I got a Ministry of Magic leaflet by owl," Harry said. "About security measures we should all take against the Death Eaters..."

"Yes, I received one myself," Dumbledore said, still smiling. "Did you find it useful?"

"Not really," Harry said, and Vega frowned.

"No, I thought not," Dumbledore replied. "You have not asked me, for instance, what is my favourite flavour of jam, to check that I am indeed Professor Dumbledore and not an impostor,"

"I didn't..." Harry began, not entirely sure whether he was being reprimanded or not.

"For future reference, Harry, it is raspberry..." Dumbledore replied. "Although of course, if I were a Death Eater, I would have been sure to research my own jam preferences before impersonating myself,"

"Good thing Uncle Ted greeted you at the door, Professor," Vega said, attempting to joke. "And I suppose, for future reference... Harry, you know I love red velvet, and I know you like treacle,"

"Er... right," Harry said, trying to let out a laugh. "Well, on that leaflet, it said something about Inferi. What exactly are they? The leaflet wasn't very clear,"

"They are corpses," Dumbledore answered calmly. "Dead bodies that have been bewitched to do a Dark wizard's bidding. Inferi have not been seen for a long time, however, not since Voldemort was last powerful... he killed enough people to make an army of them, of course – this is the place, Harry and Vega, just here..."

They were nearing a small, neat stone house set in its own garden. Vega looked it closely and noticed that the front door was hanging off its hinges. She glanced down the street and noticed how deserted it was. Behind her, Harry ran into Dumbledore as he stopped at the front gate.

"Oh dear," Dumbledore said. "Oh dear, dear, dear," He took in the sight of broken front door. He, too, glanced up and down the street. "Wands out and follow me, Vega and Harry,"

Dumbledore opened the gate and walked swiftly and silently up the garden path first, Vega right behind him and Harry last behind the two of them. The Headmaster then pushed the front door very slowly, his wand raised and at the ready,

"Lumos,"

Immediately, Dumbledore's wand tip ignited, casting its light up a narrow hallway. To the left, another door stood open. Holding his illuminated wand aloft, Dumbledore walked into the sitting room with Vega and Harry right behind him.

Then, a scene of total devastation met their eyes. A grandfather clock lay splintered at their feet, its face cracked, its pendulum lying a little farther away like a dropped sword. A piano was on its side, its keys strewn across the floor. The wreckage of a fallen chandelier glittered nearby. Cushions lay deflated, feathers oozing from slashes in their sides; fragments of glass and china lay like powder over everything.

Careful, Dumbledore raised his wand even higher, so that its light was thrown upon the walls, where something darkly red and glutinous was spattered over the wallpaper. Harry's small intake of breath made Dumbledore look around.

"Not pretty, is it?" Dumbledore asked heavily. "Yes, something horrible has happened here,"

"It's really bad," Vega whispered.

Dumbledore moved carefully into the middle of the room, scrutinising the wreckage at his feet. But despite the spray of dark red material, Vega noted that there was no body in the room, and she could not spell the horrendous smell they said accompanied dead bodies.

However, when Vega did sniff, she could see that was definitely was a scent of some blood in the room but it was very scattered around the room.

The person they were looking for, however, was not present there, and as she voiced it out to her companions, Harry had a suggestion, "Maybe there was a fight and – and they dragged him off, Professor?"

Vega, herself, had slowly inched her way through the mess to the closest wall where the stains were splattered halfway up the walls, and she pressed her finger at the fresh spot, bringing it over to her nose, sniffing it lightly to see what exactly it was.

"This isn't human blood," Vega muttered and turned to look at Dumbledore. "Professor, I don't think anyone was killed here – or well, it wasn't a human who was killed,"

"You're quite right, Vega," Dumbledore said quietly, peering behind an overstuffed armchair lying on its side before turning around to look at the teenagers.

"You mean he's –?" Harry asked.

"Still here somewhere?" Vega finished for him. "Yes, Harry – he has to be, this blood was deliberately scattered to throw anyone who walked in here off. This isn't a Wizard's doing, either, given that there is no Dark Mark outside,"

On the other hand, and without warning, Dumbledore swooped, plunging the tip of his wand into the seat of the overstuffed armchair. In response the armchair, responded loudly with an –

"Ouch!"

⚡️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 680 48
Following the events of what happened in the Chamber of Secrets, Vega-Nova Lestrange is ready for a smooth-sailing school year at Hogwarts School of...
78 8 13
"I expected you to come visit me. Then weeks turned into months; months into years, and you never came. Do you realize how much that hurt me?" ...
4.4K 86 4
Y/n and her friends and Boyfriend are in their sixth year at Hogwarts and everything is getting darker and what happens when Harry finds a book that...
1.4K 62 14
It's their fifth year at Hogwarts and things seem to be getting much worse in regards to Voldemort's return. Cassie is still discovering her past as...