๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž || ๐‘๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐...

By LoonyLupinBlack3

๐™„๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ Y/n Potter and Regulus Black form an unlikely relationship. โ‹…โ€ขโ‹…โŠฐโˆ™โˆ˜โ˜ฝเผ“โ˜พโˆ˜โˆ™โŠฑโ‹…โ€ขโ‹… Y/n Potter and Re... More

Introduction
September
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
October
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
November
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
December
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
January
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
February
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
March
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
April
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
May
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
June
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
July
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
A/N
Regulus POV

Chapter 09

31.9K 935 1.2K
By LoonyLupinBlack3

Monday 27th October, 1976

It was nearing the end of October, nearly all of the leaves gone from the trees, instead resting peacefully on the ground, occasionally being stepped on by a student or teacher, a satisfying crunch accompanying the action.

The marauders had pranked Regulus, using their extended knowledge of Charms to cast a very impressive spell on his wand. I said the marauders and not me though, because they'd barely checked in with me before doing the prank. I wasn't too upset though, because the prank was quite good, maybe just a bit over the top.

We all watched it unfold on Monday morning at breakfast, eyes fixed on Regulus as he took out his wand to cast some sort of spell. Instead of the desired effect, a duck was transfigured in the middle of the Great Hall, decked out in red and gold colours that was chanting 'Regulus sucks'. Regulus attempted to vanish it, only to have another duck appear, joining the chant. Eventually one of his friends, Caius Avery, had to vanish the ducks when Regulus continued attempting to vanish them himself, resulting in half the Slytherin table overcrowded with ducks. Regulus sent a scathing look my way at the end of it all.

I grinned at him, feeling satisfied, and stood up, intending to go to class early. James and Sirius were whispering and giggling with one another, most likely planning their next prank for Regulus. I only hoped they'd let me help next time.

I made it to Charms just as the bell went, having made a detour to talk to Lily, Mary, and Marlene. I spotted Regulus sitting quietly, an empty seat next to him belonging to me. I strode over to him and settled into my chair, glancing at Regulus. He didn't look at me.

The teacher started speaking, informing us we'd be practising spells with the person next to us. I looked to Regulus who was already staring at me, holding out his wand expectantly. I raised an eyebrow, saying nothing and forcing him to speak.

"Take the curse off my wand," he said.

"What's the magic word?" I teased, remembering the other day when he'd done the exact same thing to me.

"Please take the curse off my wand," he sighed, grimacing at the words coming out of his mouth.

I smirked, victorious, and cast the counter-spell James taught me. He cautiously flicked his wand, his quill levitating in the air, before turning to me, satisfied that his wand was working normally again.

We cast some spells in silence, our focused fixed solely upon the task we'd been assigned. That silence ended rather quickly though, as we both finished the work and sat there with nothing else to do besides bicker with one another.

"Had to get your brother and his friends to help prank me, huh?" Regulus asked coolly.

I shot him a glare, wondering how he knew the others helped. It hadn't been that noticeable a difference, had it? I didn't like the fact he knew it wasn't just me who pranked him, and I hated the thought of him getting his friends to help prank me.

"How'd you know?" I eventually questioned, voicing my thoughts.

Regulus scoffed, looking away as he answered.

"I'd recognise my brother's handiwork anywhere."

I rolled my eyes, looking away as I felt something twist in my stomach. I remembered our talk that night in his dorm, the things he'd confessed. I wondered if it hurt, seeing Sirius so happy and free when he never could be.

I frowned, clearing my throat and banishing those thoughts. It would do me no good to pity Regulus Black, who would never show me mercy in return. He was a cruel boy, a Slytherin from a pureblood mania family, and I'd do good to remember that.

. . .

Monday 27th October, 1976

The sky flashed as yet another bolt of lightning was struck, causing me to jolt. My eyes darted from the brewing storm to Regulus, the boy wearing a smirk as he observed me.

It was prefect duty, and while normally we would be bickering back and forth, the storm had taken much of the fight out of me. I hated storms, finding the thunder and lightning not only a distraction but a frightening one at that. I'd never liked them; the sudden booming of thunder and bright streaks of lightning always seeming to be too much for me.

What I hated more than all of that though, was the fact that Regulus Black was finding this out. He watched me as time and time again I flinched whenever I heard the thunder rumble, and never failed to tease me about it each time.

"Scared Potter?" Regulus taunted with a smirk.

"You wish," I shot back, eyeing the sky outside with distaste.

Even though what I said was true- I wasn't scared of the storm, the sounds just startled me- I couldn't help but drift slightly closer to him, if only to get away from the window next to me.

I saw Regulus smirk, but before I could decipher exactly why he was smirking he turned away, hiding his face from view. We continued walking like that, closer than strictly necessary, and for once the silence between us didn't feel so sinister.

I was sure it was nothing. There was no reason for there to be any change between us, especially just because the storm was putting me on edge, and yet I couldn't help the feeling Regulus was keeping quiet for my benefit.

I continued pondering about the silence until we reached the end of our patrol, arriving back at the Great Hall. I found myself at a loss of what to do, the quiet patrol softening my usual burning hatred for him. Regulus saved me from any further confusion as he turned around and walked without so much as a goodbye. I let out a huff as I walked to my Common Room, feeling annoyed that he didn't say goodbye, even though there was no reason for him to.

It didn't matter that he didn't say goodbye to me, I continued to think to myself. I didn't like him and he didn't like me, so why should he bid me goodbye? The silence between us during the patrol was probably just as menacing as always and I just missed it, too focused on the storm outside to notice. So why did I feel like it was different? Why did I find myself hoping it had been different?

With no answers to these questions, I decided I had not been hoping it had been different, and there had in fact been a threatening silence between us throughout the patrol. It was easier than way, not having to question myself.

I arrived at the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room and entered the portrait hole only to bump into Lily Evans. She smiled brightly at me, and I returned the gesture warmly, forgetting all about the annoying Slytherin boy.

"I was just looking for you," Lily said, a sudden knowing smirk making its way onto her face. "How did your patrol with Regulus go?"

I looked at her, confused. "Fine, I guess...?" I answered, trailing off as her smirk grew. "Are you okay?"

Lily laughed, glancing around the Common Room before back at me. There weren't many people there; it was a weekday after all. Of course, there were still those that were franticly studying, having left their homework to the last minute, and those too excited to sleep, whispering to one another happily. Mostly though, the common room was rather quiet, especially since my brother and his friends were no-where to be found.

"Oh I'm fine," Lily said. "You, on the other hand..." she stopped talking, instead eyeing me slyly. I raised my eyebrows, encouraging her to continue and her smirk widened. "You fancy Regulus Black."

I let out a laugh at the absurdity of the statement, unable to help myself, but as Lily raised an eyebrow, clearly unamused, my laughter died down and I stared at her in disbelief.

"You don't actually believe I fancy Black, do you?" I asked incredulously

The idea was ludicrous. Me, liking Regulus Black. It was truly ridiculous. I didn't like Regulus, I hated him. It was a known fact of all of Hogwarts. Why would I, a Gryffindor, ever like Regulus Black, a Slytherin? We were different in every possible way, not to mention the fact that we had never said a single nice thing to one another.

So how could Lily ever believe I liked him? Was it because she caught me staring at him in Hogsmeade and believed me to be jealous? Because I had not been jealous. I could never be jealous of Regulus Black. I nearly scoffed at the thought. I'd been under the impression that Lily was smart for her age, and yet her utter obliviousness to my hate for Regulus Black was quite concerning.

"You're actually trying to tell me you don't like him?" Lily asked, unimpressed.

"I don't like him," I said exasperatedly. "I have never, ever, liked him and never will."

Lily stared at me, deadpan, unable or unwilling to believe me. Why she was so fixed on this theory, I had no idea, but I did know that it was completely and utterly false.

"You know you can trust me, right?" Lily asked, trying another tactic. "I won't tell your brother, because I- don't like him."

She tripped over her words a bit, her face going a slight shade of pink as she finished her sentence. I frowned, wondering why, before the realisation hit me.

"You like my brother!" I exclaimed, almost accusingly, pointing my finger at her.

"No I don't!" Lily defended, her voice going several octaves higher. "He's an arrogant toe rag."

"I agree," I said automatically, "but you like my brother!"

Lily's eyes darted around the room looking around nervously as she hissed at me, "be quiet, someone's going to hear you."

"So you admit it," I proclaimed. "You like my brother."

"Fine I admit it," Lily relented, eyeing the students still in the Common Room wearily. "Now quieten down."

I grinned, unable to believe my ears. Lily Evans, finally falling for my brother after so long of his relentless pining. And to think this conversation started with her trying to get a confession out of me.

"Don't look so happy about it," Lily muttered, scowling at my smile.

It only made me grin wider, especially when I thought of what would happen if my brother ever found out she liked him.

"I can't believe you like my brother," I said, lowering my voice. "Don't worry, I won't tell him you like him."

Lily smirked smugly. "And I won't tell him you like Regulus."

I rolled my eyes at her. She just smiled, like she knew something I didn't. Which she didn't. I was perfectly capable of understanding my emotions and knowing when I liked someone or not myself.

"I don't like him," I repeated.

"Sure," Lily said dryly, unconvinced.

I nodded my head, confirming what I already stated, before bidding her goodbye and walking up to my dormitory.

I didn't like Regulus Black. I never would. We were just too different to ever be together, to ever want to be together. The thought of wanting Regulus Black to be mine was laughable. He would never be mine, and I would never be his.

I went to bed, ignoring the twinge of something inside me at the thought of Regulus Black being mine.

A/N:

the meme at the start of the chapter inspired the prank used on regulus, so i thought it was only fair to show it.

y/n being upset that regulus didn't say goodbye to her like, ma'am don't you hate him? why are you upset he didn't say goodbye? do you want to look into those feelings more closely? no? okay then.

lily trying to get a confession out of y/n and ending up confessing herself >>>>

'I was perfectly capable of understanding my emotions and knowing when I liked someone or not myself.'   ha, sure you are

also, just so everyone knows, i'm having trouble writing at the moment with lack of motivation, so my updating schedule will change. i'll continue to try to update once every week, as i do have some already pre written chapters, but i am struggling, so if i don't update like normal, this is why.

also² thank you for all the votes and comments you're all leaving on this story, it honestly makes me so happy and is one of the main reasons i've continued writing this story. so, thank you <3

that's all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.1K 179
โœพ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณโœพ โœงแดแด€ส€แด€แดœแด…แด‡ส€s แด‡ส€แด€โœง ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ๐˜‘๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฉ...
9.4K 283 29
PG-16 // EVENTUAL SMUT You meet Sirius and Regulus at a family vacation in the Caribbean, but things don't go as planned and you end up losing contac...
94.1K 3.4K 12
Previously titled "Burnt Hope." Regulus Black is persuaded by his brother, Sirius, to run away with him in the middle of the summer. And to none othe...
241K 6K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...