RUSE || Taekook

By thequeermuskateer

Four Targets, One Shot. The FBI thinks Agent Jungkook has been kidnapped by one of the top five most dangerou... More

Phase I: Decipher
ONE || O1F4A5
TWO || J5O3O1
THREE || J5C3J3A5A5
FOUR || C1F5O1J3
FIVE || C1C4O2A5
SIX || J4C4F1J4
SEVEN || J4A5O2A5F4
EIGHT || A5C4C2C3J5
NINE || F4C4F4A5
TEN || J5A5F4
ELEVEN || A5F2A5O2A5F4
TWELVE || J5O3A5F2O2A5
THIRTEEN || J5C3C4J3J5A5A5F4
FOURTEEN || C1F5O1J3J5A5A5F4
FIFTEEN || C1C4C1J5A5A5F4
SIXTEEN || J4C4F1J4J5A5A5F4
SEVENTEEN || J4A5O2A5F4J5A5A5F4
EIGHTEEN || A5C4C2C3J5A5A5F4
NINETEEN || F4C4F4A5J5A5A5F4
TWENTY || J5O3A5F4J5O4
TWENTY ONE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XF5F4A5
TWENTY TWO || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5O3F5
TWENTY THREE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
TWENTY FOUR || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1F5O1J3
TWENTY FIVE || J5O3A5F4J5O4XC1C4O2A5
TWENTY SIX || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
TWENTY SEVEN || J5O3A5F4J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
TWENTY EIGHT|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
TWENTY NINE|| J5O3A5F4J5O4XF4C4F4A5
THIRTY || J5C3C4J3J5O4
THIRTY ONE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY TWO || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5F4A5
THIRTY THREE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF5C3J3A5A5
THIRTY FOUR || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
THIRTY FIVE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5
THIRTY SIX || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
THIRTY SEVEN || J5C3C4J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F4
THIRTY EIGHT || J5C3C4J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
THIRTY NINE || J5C3C4J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
FORTY || C1F5J3J5O4
FORTY ONE || C1F5J3J5O4XF5F4A5
FORTY TWO || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5O3F5
FORTY-THREE || C1F5J3J5O4XJ5C3J3A5A5
FORTY-FOUR || C1F5J3J5O4XC1F5O1J3
FORTY-SIX || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4C4F1J4
FORTY-SEVEN || C1F5J3J5O4XJ4A5O2A5F5
FORTY-EIGHT || C1F5J3J5O4XA5C4C2C3J5
FORTY NINE || C1F5J3J5O4XF4C4F4A5
Author's Note (Important) + Character Questionnaire + Fun Facts
FIFTY || C1C4C1J5O4
FIFTY ONE || C1C4C1J5O4XF5F4A5
FIFTY TWO || C1C4C1J4O5XJ5O3O1

FORTY-FIVE || C1F5J3J5O4XC1C4O2A5

64 9 40
By thequeermuskateer

Taehyung subconsciously starts chewing imaginary gum in his mouth as he waits for the bridge to straighten up in front of him, while Jimin discusses all security protocols with Timothée.

Once the bridge has been laid out and there's a straight path to the entrance of Centar, Taehyung pushes his glasses up his nose and walks straight to Taylor's Ferrari.

His strides are long and heavy, his hands behind his back as he walks with his chest puffed out and shoulders pushed back.

He slows down once he reaches Taylor's car and examines it, encircling the entire vehicle. There's no license plate attached and it's the latest model.

Behind the Ferrari, is a BMW with a female driver and Ariana Grande in the backseat.

Ariana smiles and waves at Taehyung, who turns his attention to the tan-skinned curly haired driver, Zendaya. The woman returns his stare with her own hard one.

Taehyung resumes examining Taylor's car.

He stands in front of the car and cocks a brow at the East-Asian driver, who he recognizes as Kim Seokjin.

Taehyung walks over to Taylor's door and knocks at the window, indicating for her to slide it down.

Taylor hesitates for a moment but then does as told.

Taehyung takes his hand inside, unlocks her car door and then opens it, standing back.

Taylor stares for a minute but then steps out, the creases in her dress settling and her heels clacking on the road.

Taehyung studies her demeanor. She's steady, but not looking him in the eye.

She's intimidated by him.

Taehyung snaps his fingers in the direction of a female security team and they hurry to check Taylor. Taehyung stands back as they ask her to remove her jewellery and put it in a box, which they safely put back in the car. 

They untie her hair and run their fingers through it. 

"What's your shoe size?" the lead girl asks.

Taylor stares at her for a moment. "Eight and a half."

The girl frowns, "Eight and a half?" She looks at her team and then at Taehyung in confusion.

"That's US size eight and a half," Taehyung says. "Add 31 to get her size in European shoes. Add 33 to get the men's size in European shoes."

"Ah, okay," she nods. "I apologise for the confusion."

"So, you're going to replace my shoes now?" Taylor asks, her eyes on wherever the girls touch her.

Taehyung moves on to Ariana's car and knocks on her door.

Ariana slides the window down and smiles up at Taehyung, blinking innocently. Taehyung pokes his hand in and opens her door too, stepping back as the short woman gets out of the car.

Half of Taylor's security moves to Ariana to check her. They inquire about her shoe size, untie her hair, which flows down and goes below her knees.

Taehyung moves on to the third car.

Selena Gomez is the only one inside, sitting in the driver's seat with a scowl on her face. She doesn't give Taehyung the opportunity to knock on her door and opens it herself, stepping out and slamming it shut behind her.

Taehyung nods and goes to stand beside her, waiting for the team to be done with the other two.

"You can check me."

Taehyung walks away from there and heads over to his car, "Yeonjun, get someone to check the drivers."

Yeonjun does as told and Taehyung walks over to the bridge, standing at it's end.

Five minutes later, all five of them have been checked, given new shoes and instructed to walk the bridge ahead of everyone else.

Taylor straightens herself in the lead and takes the first step onto the bridge, keeping her gaze focused ahead of her. Seokjin walks right behind her, gazing softly at the vast ocean around them. Ariana skips happily, stopping to stare at the ocean every now and then. Selena allows herself to the view, the wind flowing through her bangs. 

Zendaya follows in the end, her eyes awing at the building, wide with wonder. She seems young. 

Jungkook steps beside Taehyung as Jewels' security team made of about ten individuals follows Rings' leaders. 

Taehyung takes a a hold of Jungkook's hand and steps onto the bridge, following his security. Jungkook squeezes his hand and Taehyung smiles to himself, the warmth from Jungkook's hand filling his heart with comfort.

Jimin falls into step beside Taehyung as Yeonjun and Montero follow them, another security team covering from behind.

Taehyung closes his eyes and lets muscle memory lead the way for him, wanting his mind to stay focused solely on Jungkook's presence next to him.

He knows something is wrong... Jungkook is acting different. And Taehyung wants to do everything he can so the younger may feel better.

Jungkook steps closer to Taehyung and holds onto his forearm. "I love you."

Taehyung's heart jumps and and he fights the heat reaching his cheeks, keeping his smile to himself.

"I want you to know that," Jungkook breathes out. "No matter what, I have always loved you."

Taehyung looks at Jungkook and he is sure his cheeks are tainted, "I know. And I love you too."

Jungkook nods and switches his attention forward, visibly gulping.

Taehyung leans in closer to him, "Does she scare you?"

Jungkook exhales shakily.

Taehyung squeezes his hand again, smiling warmly, "She's scared of me, alright? She won't try anything. I'll make sure you stay safe."

Jungkook nods.

If anything, Taehyung only watches the fear in the younger's expression grow.

Taehyung will talk to him later.

It takes ten minutes to enter the only elevator in the building. Taylor and the first security team have already departed. Now, it's Taehyung and his team's turn.

Taehyung stays still as Jungkook rhythmically squeezes his hand, seemingly pacing his own breath.

Taehyung looks at him to see his face is pale, his pupils dilated and his eyes wide.

Shit.

Taehyung looks at the panel above the elevator door and relaxes when he sees he just has to wait half a minute before he can console Jungkook in private.

Taehyung turns around again and cocks a brow when he sees Montero gently rubbing Jungkook's back. Jungkook tenses up at first but then takes a step back, encouraging Montero to continue.

Taehyung frowns and pulls him forward.

Jungkook's eyes widen as he's jolted forward.

Taehyung's frown stays.

Jungkook gulps and shifts on his feet, casting his gaze downwards.

Montero takes a step back and Jimin snickers.

The elevator stops.

Taehyung straightens himself and switches his attention to the opening doors.

Taehyung waits as Jimin leads everybody out and straight into the only room on the floor, the meeting room.

Once him and Jungkook are the only people in the platform elevator, Taehyung steps forward and closes the door, locking the elevator in place by pressing the hold option on the panel.

Jungkook blinks and looks at Taehyung, his eyes frantically searching the elder's face.

Taehyung smiles softly and pulls Jungkook closer, to which the younger responds by placing one hand on Taehyung's chest and leaning back.

"My love, look at me," Taehyung caresses one side of Jungkook's face with his hand.

Jungkook inhales and shivers, slowly bringing his eyes to meet Taehyung's gaze.

Taehyung places a butterfly peck on Jungkook's nose, giggling afterwards.

Jungkook breathes out and steps back, his breath shortening.

Taehyung's eyebrows raise in worry and he moves his hand from Jungkook's to latch it onto his lover's wrist, holding him steady.

"Love, talk to me," Taehyung stays in his place, respecting Jungkook's need for space. "What about this is scaring you?"

Jungkook's breath comes out shaky and the whites of his eyes go red, becoming glassy.

"No, no, don't cry," Taehyung carefully takes his hand up to softly rub Jungkook's cheek. "Please, tell me what's wrong."

Jungkook shakes his head and starts struggling for breath, his expression pale and his eyes flooded.

Taehyung's heart sinks at the younger's state and he tells himself to stop panicking and help Jungkook.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung own voice is soft, almost cracking.

Jungkook shakes his head and takes a few more steps back, Taehyung's hand being the only thing keeping him from moving any further away.

"Do you want to sit this out?" Taehyung asks. "I'll ask Timothée to drop you off at the hotel. I'll take you out to dinner tonight, if you want."

Jungkook pauses and swallows, his dilated pupils staring directly into Taehyung's as his tears fall out, his eyes bloodshot and his nose red.

"I'll call Timothée right now."

Jungkook shakes his head rapidly.

"Do you need something else?"

Jungkook pulls his wrist backward, jerking Taehyung towards himself and holding onto the elder's shoulders, working hard to keep his breathing paced.

Taehyung buries one hand deep in Jungkook's hair and uses his other one to rhythmically press on his chest, trying to comfort Jungkook with his eyes.

Jungkook inhales through his mouth and nods, leaning his forehead against Taehyung's.

"That's it, just like that," Taehyung whispers, pressing harder on Jungkook's chest, moving one hand down to massage his abdomen.

Jungkook closes his eyes and sniffles, breaking out into a sob.

Taehyung's eyes widen and he removes his hand from Jungkook's abdomen, moving to Jungkook's back and rubbing circles as Jungkook's head falls to Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung's heart beats faster as his worry about his crying boyfriend grows.

Did Taylor hurt him?

"Jungkook, if it is hard for you to face her, you can stay right here and wait for me to come back."

Jungkook wraps his arms around Taehyung and sobs again, and again, until he is full-out crying.

Taehyung's eyebrows stayed furrowed in worry as he rubs Jungkook's back, praying that the redhead opens up about what is hurting him and how to stop it.

Jungkook shifts and moves closer to Taehyung, resting his chin on the elder's shoulder and sniffling.

"Jungkook?"

"I love you."

Taehyung nods and clenches his jaw, swallowing down an aching lump in his throat.

Something is very, very wrong.

"I love you too."

Jungkook's hold around Taehyung strengthens and he presses both their bodies together, once again breaking out into a sob, his entire body shaking. His nails dig into Taehyung's coat, pinching at his skin.

Taehyung just hugs him tighter.

His minds drifts off to Yoongi, and how much better he was at comforting at Jungkook.

Was Yoongi still alive? Could J-hope have lied?

Taehyung's hands clutch onto Jungkook's clothes as his heart screams out to have Yoongi with him, to have a clear understanding of what to do and where to go.

He can't even console Jungkook properly. How is he going to live out a life with the younger? They need Yoongi, they need him so badly.

It's mind-rattling, how much Taehyung realises they aren't the same with Yoongi every time one of them cries. They both are great, but they can't work without him... he was the one who even made them possible.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispers. "I'm so sorry, I love you."

Taehyung doesn't respond, not knowing how to. Jungkook is scaring him and he doesn't know what to do. Yoongi would've. Yoongi would have said and done something... something Taehyung has no idea how to do.

"Please, I'm so sorry," Jungkook's chin digs into the crook of Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung rubs his back, "It's okay. I'm here, I love you too."

"I'm so scared," Jungkook's voice breaks.

"I'm here," Taehyung says gently. "Hyung will protect you."

"My heart... I don't know what it's doing, my insides hurt..."

What would Yoongi do?

He wouldn't leave Jungkook's side and would try to do everything in his power.

"Shh, it's okay, let's get you cleaned up."

Taehyung opens the elevator and slowly walks Jungkook past a few of his unconcerned guards and leads him to the bathroom. He enters the pin on the door and walks Jungkook inside, locking the door.

It's small, barely being able to fit the two of them, with just a latrine and a sink inside.

"Hey, hey, let's wash your face," Taehyung gently pushes Jungkook back and turns the tap in the sink, rinsing his hands under the cold water.

Jungkook sniffs and coughs, moving back as much as he can.

Taehyung pushes Jungkook down towards the sink gently, splashing water onto his face.

Jungkook closes his eyes and lets Taehyung wash his eyes and clean through his messy nose, his hands holding onto the edge of the sink. He assists Taehyung by blowing out his nose and Taehyung does what he has to without complaint.

Taehyung may not remember his childhood with Jungkook all too well, but he does remember, as clear as day, how many nights the younger gave up just to clean him and make sure he was okay. Jungkook would spend hours with tissues and some water, repeatedly cleaning Taehyung's snot off his face and wiping away his tears. Jungkook would forget sleep because he had to bathe Taehyung in the tub after the elder's self-harm episodes.

For years, Taehyung dreamed of repaying the favor, itching to do the same for Jungkook, and now, he feels a step closer to loving Jungkook the same way he was loved.

Jungkook sneezes and Taehyung laughs lightly, splashing water onto his face again as Jungkook sniffles. He blows his nose into Taehyung's hand and Taehyung properly washes it off.

Jungkook breathes out and puts his face under the running water, resting his chin in Taehyung's hand, his eyes closed.

"I have to go, Jungkook," Taehyung reminds him. "If you want, you can stay outside."

Jungkook coughs and stands up, turning the tap water off and looking at his wet, flushed face in the mirror. He shakes his head and steps back.

"Kook?"

"I'll come in a minute, I have to use the bathroom."

"You want me to wait?"

Jungkook nods.

"Alright."

Taehyung unlocks the door and walks out, closing it behind him and standing guard, observing the barren hallway as a small smile rests on his face.

His heart, aching five minutes ago, drowning into his organs, settles into his chest, leaving his chest feel like how his body does after an evening in the cold rain, free and exhilarated.

The water on his hands calms his nerves and he breathes deeply, glad he can walk into an important meeting in a good mood.

Taehyung slightly laughs out to himself.

He is in love with Jungkook.

The thought alone makes his heart surge in excitement, his eyes light up and his face turn hot, his smile spreading across his cheeks without permission.

He loves being in love with Jeon Jungkook.

--------

Jungkook breathes deeply as he settles himself in the mirror.

He didn't mean to cry, but the guilt once Taehyung tried to help him... that guilt got the best of him.

He shouldn't have lied.

He should've told Taehyung everything.

Jungkook's guilt eats at his chest, gnawing through his lungs and poking at his heart.

At this point, Jungkook is less scared of Taehyung sending him to Jisoo, but more worried about breaking his lover's heart.

Jungkook sighs and pushes his hair back.

He just has to put his trust in a higher power and believe that Taylor won't out him.

But... he saw it all coming.

And couldn't do anything to stop it.

----

A/N:

oh sh-

What are your thoughts on this chapter, you lovely people?

Tae is in love~

How are you anyways?

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting!

I purple you! 💜💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 253K 130
Taehyung is forced to flee from America, leaving behind angry gang members and his secret agent of a father, went to South Korea to start over in a n...
20.5K 1.8K 50
โ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™˜๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ข ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ข๐™š, ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ.โž ๐˜๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘’๐‘™ ๐‘š๐‘Ž...
233K 8.3K 30
"Y/n-ah...?" "Hm... What is it?" "I'm never letting you go...You... Know that right..?" _ An innocent obsession..... That...
241K 9.2K 30
|| Status : โ˜‘|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" ใ€ŠWARNIN...