Kiyopon Can't Communicate!

Por Kawaii_Lumine

Basically a Kiyopon that refuses to talk unless he deems it necessary. Scenes from the LN altered to fit how... Más

Kiyopon meets Horikita!
Horikita cares about Kiyopon!
Horikita best girl? / Kiyopon makes a new friend!
Kiyopon meets Manabu/ Cute Kiyopon
Horikita helps Kiyopon / Kiyopon saves Sudog
Celebration at Kiyopon's dorm! / Shutting down Kushida
Horikita makes lunch for Kiyopon! / Kiyopon hangs out with Ichinose
Kiyopon's thoughts about confession / Sudo begs for Kiyopon's help!
The Fated Encounter / Kiyopon wonders....
Chabashira and Kiyopon talk / Kiypon is worried for Horikita
Kiyopon is curious / Kiyopon is scared....
The Island Exam begins / Kiyopon scouts the island.
Just wanna share something
Kiyopon wants to be a bird / Kiyopon meets Ryuuen
Underwear Incident / Kiyopon and Ibuki
Who does Kiyopon like? / Class C vanished?
MoriKita / Kiyopon finds a dragon
Ryuuen's move / Desperation
A Failure / His decision
The bird shocks the Dragon / I don't care about your dreams.
Special Chapter : COTE reacts to Kiyopon Can't Communicate!
Hirata wants Kiyopon / Koenji shenanigans
Kiyopon plays a game of Werewolf / Kiyopon about the ways of the gentleman
Horikita will never bow down / Kiyopon is NOT a clingy tagalong
Discontinued
Kiyopon invitations! / Kiyopon's....betrayal...?
The holder of the fate chunchunmaru- tenchuusatsu! / The Detour
Johnny seems troubled.... / Kiyopon scolds Kaichou
Just one person. / A deal with Kamipon himself!
" Ayanokoji-kun.....I'm stuck."
Rocket Punch!
Yamauchi needs Kiyopon's help! / The boy that Sakura likes.
To be under the rain with a person you love / Their first encounter
The final event!
Closing of 4.5!
I have something important to tell.
Volume 5 : Summary before the actual chapter
A True Homie / Relay Race
Hornypon/Kawaii Arisu/ Volume 6: Summary
Who does Kiyopon like? The sequel! / A promise.
Freedom stained with blood.
The first few days of absence....
Lonely upbringing
" You're....his childhood friend?"
One thing that will never change.
" Are you happy, Kiyotaka?"
Watching over him.
Something only a person deeply in love could understand...
The words he said, the words she repeated
A wonderful woman
Im sorry
The update.....THE UPDATE IS REALLLL!!!!
Going to the homies for love advice / Grudges are for losers
The ' other' childhood friend?
Cashing in the dating pass!
Nagumo-senpai!
" What else do you expect me to do when my homie just turned into a hot chick?!"

Checking up on Him/ Checking up on Her

4.6K 212 109
Por Kawaii_Lumine

Short chapter this time.....h o p e f u l ly .

Third Person PoV

1. Checking up on Him

"...Itai..." Kiyopon mutters as he lies in the comfort of his bedroom.

It's been a few days since that event on the rooftop. After beating up Ryuen's gang and even Ryuen himself....

His body reached its current limit and thus, he too, was knocked out cold. According to what he'd been told, he was sent to the clinic shortly after his body gave up on him. He stayed there for a day and was then sent back to his room to rest for about 2 weeks for a full recovery ( at least, just enough for him to move without worry. )

Suddenly, the room to his door slowly opens and in came Horikita Suzune with a bag of his prescribed ointment for his wounds and such. Kiyopon glances to her. If he recalls correctly....he hadn't seen Suzune that day after his admission. This was the first time he saw her after the rooftop incident, but it was to be expected since he requested Suzune with a particular task that had to be carried behind the scenes during the event.

But if things went accordingly, then Suzune should've made it to the rooftop, probably by the time Kiyopon passed out. It's likely that she took him to the clinic.

" ..." He didn't speak. His throat was honestly tired of speaking for now, and he can't exactly reach for his notebook either, so the best he could do was to try communicating with eye contact.

" ( ' - ') " He proceeds testing out the waters of their friendship.

" Good afternoon, Kiyotaka-kun." She greets softly before taking a chair and placing it down beside his bed. There, she takes a seat.

" Does it hurt?"

He nods in response.

" Good. I hope it does." She deadpans.

" ( '-') ?! "

Kiyopon was suprised to see Suzune, his best friend, glaring at him with animosity. He's had a fair share of experience when it comes to receiving cold glares from his companion, but this has to be the worst one yet. The girl crosses her arms and heaves a sigh.

" Do you recall the time when you first informed me of your plan on ending Ryuen?" She asks him.

Kiyopon nods.

" And do you also recall me being highly against it?"

Kiyopon slowly nods, he quickly connected the dots and knew exactly where this conversation will go....and he didn't like it.

" You see?! This is why I wanted you to reconsider, I mean, look at you! You're all bruised up and now you've basically been chained to your bed because of your wounds. I knew I should've went to the rooftop and stopped you from committing such a dumb mistake-"

And there she goes, rambling like a mother.

" I don't care if Ryuen and his stupid gang are there. I'll knock them all out if it means getting you safely out of danger. They mess with you , then they sure as hell are gonna be messing with me. Did I ever tell you how sharp compasses are? Especially mine? I can stab them in the jugular before they'd even react to it--"

" ( '  ' ) ....."

She wasn't going to stop anytime soon. Kiyopon thought it best for Suzune to finish her lecture than interrupt her mid-sentence and then accidentally escalate into an even longer lecture. Perhaps this was a decent simulation of what it'd be like if Kiyopon were placed in a normal family, where his mother would lecture him about things like these...

A real family....

A normal family filled with warmth and love...just like Matsuo....

....

Nah,

Suzune is just enough.

" Oh and don't even get me started when that egpplant prickhead had the audacity to mock me after getting his ass kicked by you. I wanted to kill him right then and there. Not only did he hurt you, which in turn, is basically picking a fight with me. But he also decided to pick fights with my pride? Is he asking for death? Why don't I answer him if Death refuses to. I'll make sure to send that guy to the underworld. That rooftop incident was going to turn into a crime scene real quickly if my brother wasn't there to stop me."

Ah, that's right. That's the exact task Kiyopon requested of Suzune during that day. To fetch her brother and act as ' witness' for the incident and hold the key to expell Ryuen if he still continues onwards with his frivolous acts against Class C.

" Ah, and one other thing." She suddenly narrows her eyes.

The air turns cold.

" So that girl from Class C, huh....Manabe Shiho, was it?" Her voice turned deep.

" ( " '-' ) " Why did the mood suddenly change?

" I didn't expect you to have another woman behind my back, Kiyotaka-kun." She scoffs.

Hold on, how did she go from scolding mother mode to jealous girlfriend mode? Kiyopon wanted..no, NEEDED to properly communicate his thoughts since it seems mere eye contact won't be enough to deter away the trouble that's upcoming.

But today, his throat was not cooperating--

" Of course, it's not like I care. " Suzune turns averts her eyes. " Despite your recklesness, it seems there was some chivalry to save you there. After all, she was the priority when you came the rooftop, no?"

" ( '-' ) "

" That's why..." 

She sighs, her previously aggressive face no longer there to be seen.

" Perhaps doing something reckless to save someone you deem your ' friend'....is not something I should've stopped you from doing HAD you told me prior." She glances back to him again. " I'm not going to ask why you didn't tell me about your partnership with her sooner but, " She says, uncrossing her arms and taking out the ointment from the plastic.

" The next time you plan to do something risky like that....at least tell me, all right?" She pleas in a small tone. " You gave me quite the scare when I saw you passed out and hurt.... I don't want to see that again. Especially when..." She trails off.

Kiyopon knew what she wanted to say, even without the words leaving her lips. She was implying back to the time where Kiyopon was....well, not in the best mental health and physical shape. Back when he failed to properly process his father figure's death...

Kiyopon suddenly feels the guilt creeping in now.

He hadn't thought about it before, but he's troubled Suzune once again. The first being his depressing arc, and now this? She had every right to be worried. 

As Suzune was about to open the ointment bottle, she heard a soft-spoken voice.

" I'm sorry....Suzune...."

Followed by that, was a hard cough. But his words didn't stop there.

" I've....troubled you a lot.....sorry for that. I'll make it up to you..." He manages to say.

Suzune just sighs in disappointment.

She flicks his forehead.

" ?!" Kiyopon looks at her, confused. Was the apology not sincere enough?

" I'm tired of hearing apologies from you. Why not just say ' thank you' ? " She smiles beautifully. " ' Thank you for being here, Suzune' , ' Thank you for putting up with my shenanigans all the time, Suzune' , ' Thank you for always taking care of me, Suzune'. Saying that instead of boring apologies will make me happy, Kiyotaka-kun." She says with sincerity in her tone.

"..."

Thump. Thump. Thump....

There it is again...that erratic heart beat.

"...Thank you, Suzune." He says.

" That's better." She releases a contented sigh before going back to business. " Anyways, let me apply ointment and replace your bandages. Can you sit up for me?" She asks.

Kiyopon nods and did what she asked without another word. And she begins removing his bandages and gently applying the ointment on the damaged spots silently...

.....

.......

.........

But for some strange reason, Kiyopon's mind is once again placed somewhere else....

Her touch....it felt weird to him. It sent weird tingles up and down his spine, but why is that?

Ah.His heartbeat doesn't seem to be calming down either. He wonders if it beats fast and loud enough, would Suzune hear it?

....

Does he want her to hear it?

That thought increases the tension within his inner-self. He still can't seem to place his finger on what exactly this feeling is.....it makes him warm, it makes his heart face, it sends tingles down his very being...

And this feeling...only occurs when Suzune is around.

Could it be...?

The thing Akito once said....about a crush, was it?

He wonders if the description Akito gave, matched his current feelings. And it did. But Kiyopon wonders if it's just some fluke on his end since he doesn't understand romance like most do. He's not a fanatic of romance novels and such, he may have to ask Akito about love later on.

Akito thinks Kiyopon is oblivious to it, but everyone in the group ( except Haruka ) is gravely aware of it.

------------------------------------------------------------

" There, all done." She announces before keeping away the items.

Kiyopon nods in gratitude before easing himself back into his previous position on the bed. He was both glad and disappointed that it ended rather quickly.

Her touch.....he wouldn't have minded it if it was there for just a second longer....or more.

" Oh, and....she wants to see you." Suzune suddenly mentions.

Kiyopon turns her head to her in question. Who is the ' she' that she is referring to?

" Manabe-san wants to see you." She says.

" ( '-') ...."

" Don't worry. She's doing okay, but if I recall, she caught a cold after the incident. Once you're ready to walk, I suggest checking up on the person you worked so hard to save." Suzune suggests.

Kiyopon nods. 

He still hasn't properly settled somethings between them....there is still some room for doubt that Manabe might have for him. And he wants to clear that as soon as possible.

" Anyways, I'll be heading out now. Rest well, Ayanokoji-kun." She turns and heads to the door.

" Thank you for taking care of me, Suzune." He says, not missing a beat.

Suzune pauses her steps. She didn't turn to look at him, for if she did, then her blushing face will be all clear for him to gaze upon. And the thought of that is embarassing. Blushing over words of gratitude from your crush? How pathetic!

....

Pathetically accurate. 

But besides that, a smile crept upon her lips once more.

" Anytime, Kiyotaka-kun."

2. Checking up on Her

It was christmas break....

Most students would spend their break hanging out with friends or revert themselves to hermits and chill in their rooms. A lot of time to be spent developing new skills or enjoying your hobbies without the need to worry about assignment deadlines or...those goddamn special exams.

" Achoo!" Manabe sneezes.

She grabs a tissue and blows into it before throwing it away in the half-filled bin full of her snot tissues. She sighs and leans back into her bed.

" This stupid cold..." She mutters.

It's been a week since the rooftop incident. Having water dumped on her body and her hair being cut short is NOT a good start for a typical winter break. After that, she developed a cold that hasn't gone away yet, and that frustrates her so, because she wouldn't be able to hang out with her friends at the mall for quite a while. Going out with a cold just isn't her style.

She checks her phone and she sighs at the amount of message notifications sent by her friends. She clears the slate and proceeds to type a response that should placate their worries in the group chat.

* Knock Knock Knock! *

But then all of a sudden, a couple knocks interrupted her. She stops typing and looks towards the door, wondering if it was really her door that was getting knocked.

*Knock Knock Knock!*

She raises a brow. The knocks weren't stopping anytime soon so she was forced to get up and walk to the door.

' I swear to god if it's Saki standing outside...' She thought. Saki and Yabu were the two girls who spammed her notifications. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to think that they'd inevitably end up going to her room when she's stated before that now isn't a good time, or anytime for the matter until her cold goes away.

 She reaches the door, turning the knob and finally opening the door.

" Saki, I literally just said to not bother me--...."

She pauses.

Her eyes were met with the presence she didn't expect to see around this time, but it was also the same person she'd been wanting to see after all this time. 

Kiyopon waves ' hello'.

Manabe smiles just a tiny bit. 

-----------------------------------------------

" I didn't expect you to come here." Manabe says as they both sat down.

She can't help but constantly glance at the bandages around Kiyopon's face, and also the bandage wraps covering his knuckles. 

" In fact, are you sure you should be even moving right now?" She asks in concern.

Kiyopon takes out his notebook and begins writing. Ignoring the soreness.

' It's just a little sore. Don't worry, I'm fine.' it said.

Manabe leans cheek to palm, raising a brow.

" A ' little' ?" She repeats.

Kiyopon writes in his notebook again.

' Ok. It's very sore. ' it said.

" Figures." She sighs.

And then......the small talk just dies. And what's left behind is an awkward silence between the two of them.

' Shit. What do I say?' Manabe begins to think as the awkward atmosphere begins suffocating her. 

' I know I wanted to see him and all...'

' BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I SAY NOW?!'

' Have we ever had a talk that didn't include him using me for secret missions? Is this the first time that we're talking to each other without any ulterior motives?!'

She subconsciously begins tapping her knee with her index finger.

' Say something, Shiho! Because we all know that this guy ain't saying shit!'

' C'mon, just say something that friends say to each other. You're experienced in that department, so this should be a breeze!'

She mentally nods to herself. Just talk to him like any other friend she has. Yep, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

" So, we have winter break right now. What do you plan to do?" She asks.

It was a good starter. Manabe gave herself a mental pat on the back for that one.

Kiyopon begins writing in his notebook...

' Spend some time with my friends. That's all I have planned.'

" Oh, I see. Actually, that's also what I had in mind-- ACHOO!" She interrupts herself midway with an ugly sneeze.

She reaches for the tissue box again and does the same procedure.

Kiyopon stares at her blankly.

" S-Sorry about that..." She mutters shyly, clearly embarrassed. " That was an ugly sight, wasn't it?" She chuckles nervously.

" Is...Manabe okay?" He finally speaks. He seemed concerned.

" Yeah, I just have a cold." She replies.  " It's been annoying me for the entire week since that....rooftop fiasco." Clearly, she was bothered by just remembering what had happened to her before Kiyopon arrived. 

" But the nurse said my cold should be gone within a few days. I had a check-up about it yesterday."  Manabe adds.

Kiyopon nods silently. His gaze softening, it seems like it wasn't anything serious. The tension between them slowly starts to dissipate as Manabe takes the initiative once more.

" Speaking of which, " She narrows her eyes. " Couldn't you have come to the rooftop sooner? Preferably, before the bastard cut off my hair." She says, half-jokingly.

Kiyopon quickly writes his apology.

' I'm really sorry that I was late. But if it helps, I think your hair somehow suits you right now.' 

Manabe blushes a bit. " Really?" She says, reaching for the short strands.

Kiyopon nods.

" Hm....Well, it's not like I'm holding a grudge over it. I think it somehow suits me as well, but no way am I ever gonna be grateful for that Ryuen bastard for something like this. " She says. She had to admit that her hair style looked cute on her if she does everything in her power to forget that Ryuen was the reason her hair style even ended up like this.

Having short hair, huh. For someone like Manabe who had always adorned longer hair, she's not entirely used to short hair. But she accepts that it has a few perks, most notably the fact that isn't that stuffy anymore.

Ah, but another question arises within her. Something she needed to ask Kiyopon about...

Might as well do it now.

" By the way....." Her tone shrinks to a lower volume, indicating that the topic is a bit more serious. " Why exactly were you late..? And why had you gone MIA for an entire month...?"

Kiyopon stares at her silently.

She stares back, perhaps maybe an answer lies within his eyes alone. But he was always unreadable and absolutely unpredictable. Whatever answer she gets, it needs to come from his mouth. His words, alone.

Kiyopon debates whether or not to tell her. Of course, telling her wouldn't cause any problems but this was something personal. She's bound to ask more questions if he tries to be vague about it and he doesn't feel particularly comfortable enough to go into detail and accommodate her curiosity.

But he couldn't just leave her without a reason, can he? The least he could do is be honest. He definitely owes her after letting a terrible experience happen to her when he previously made a promise that guaranteed nothing would happen to her.

" I received news that my butler had passed away...." He confesses, not breaking eye contact.  " It...broke a lot of things within me and..."

Manabe notices Kiyopon's hands twitching slightly.

" I was left...to pick up the pieces as best I could. But no matter how hard I tried to digest the fact that he died....I still couldn't move on quickly enough. The process was long and it hurt." He admits, softly. He slowly reminisces the pain he felt back then, the pain he couldn't register nor identify.

He was left empty and confused. 

"...I see...I...I'm sorry for your loss." Manabe's tone turns somber after hearing the news. She bows her head slightly, " I have to apologize to you. I thought you abandoned me and I was angry...but now I know. And I wish I could go back to the past and slap myself for thinking that."

" If you need someone...I may not be much but....I can be there for you." Manabe offers, shyly. " I'm not good at comforting people, and I can't fully understand your pain. I know it's something unfathomable until experienced but....I can try to. That's the least I can do." 

" It's okay. It's already faded away and I've put it behind me. There was someone else important at the time that I had to save." He says.

Manabe was suprised by that statement. How dare he deflect her offer just like that? 

Kiyopon's eyebrows suddenly furrow in what seems to be confusion.

He quickly writes something down in his notebook.

' Is your cold getting worse? A fever perhaps? Your face is turning red...'

" Huh?" Manabe reaches for her face and her blush only deepens before she quickly grabs a pillow and hides behind it. " Shit!" She mutters.

Meanwhile, Kiyopon wonders if she's okay. If her cold is getting worse then this might be the perfect time to hand her the present.

He pulls out the plastic bag and hands it to her.

"...What's this?" She asks him as she holds up the bag with a questioning expression. 

Kiyopon only stares at her silently.

' Wait....could it be...a christmas present?' Manabe thinks. It might be possible. I mean, sure it's stored in a plain plastic bag but what if Kiyopon had no time to use an actual present box or bag to put it in before coming here? It's possible that this was improvised.

If it is a present......A warm feeling begins to flutter inside her heart. 

Wait, a warm feeling? Nah, couldn't be romance or something like that. Warm feelings can occur when friends do these things for you like handing out gifts and whatnot. This is normal platonic behaviour and nothing more to it!

" Um...before opening it, can I ask you something?" Kiyopon halts her.

Manabe looks up to him and tilts her head.

" What?" She asks.

" At the rooftop, you called me by my first name."

" YOU HEARD THAT?!"

" Just barely..." He says.

" Ugghh..." Now she's hiding her face with the small plastic bag ( but compared to the pillow from before? This one aint doing much favors for her. ).

" Y-yeah, I did....so what?" 

" So...you do consider me your friend..?" 

"...."

Manabe wondered why this was embarrassing for her. I'm sure if people could see her right now (especially her friends ), they'd all make fun of her for being nervous about something miniscule like admitting your friendship. Seriously, this was absolutely ridiculous!

' WHAT'S THERE TO BE TSUNDERE ABOUT?! JUST SAY YES! '

Manabe coughs awkwardly before nodding her head.

" I do....for a while, actually." She admits. " Do you remember that day when  you told me you were going to end this game between you and Ryuen?"

Kiyopon nods.

" Well...I wanted to ask you if we could be friends once everything was over...but then...that got interrupted when we needed to hide quickly. " She sighs, " Geez, I'm acting so shy over something like this. It's pathetic."

".....Thank you."

" Hm?"

She takes a peek, moving the bag slightly to see his expression but she wasn't prepared...

Kiyopon had a small smile adorned on his face. A smile of gratitude.

" Thank you...even after all the wrongs I've done to you...." A bit of guilt was laced in his tone but the feeling of gratitude overwhelmed it all. " Thank you...for becoming my friend, Manabe."

"...."

' I think I can die in peace now.' Manabe peacefully resigns herself to death.

But unfortunately, Lumine didn't want her to die yet. So she is still going to respond...

" ...N-No problem...and you can just...start calling me Shiho..."

" ? "

" Look, I called you Kiyotaka, all right? And I'm going to keep calling you Kiyotaka whether you like it or not! So...you're also given permission to call me by my first name as well whether I like it or not..." That excuse...didn't sound particularly convincing.

But Kiyopon was happy nonetheless.

" Ok, Shiho..." He says in a careful manner.

" Say it again?"

" Shiho?"

" ..." He face turns even redder.

She coughs. " All right, let's open this bag, shall we? " She wants to desperately change topic now.

And now both of their attention lies within the bag.

Shiho releases a breath before opening the bag slowly and taking out its contents...

She feels the object.

She takes it out for both of them to see...

And it's...

" Kiyotaka...."

"..."

" Did you just gift me a contraceptive pill?"

JUST KIDDING!

" This is cold medicine. You gifted me cold medicine...."

"...."

Kiyopon writes in his book.

' Merry Christmas?'

CHAPTER END!

....I give up. Whenever I say short chapters.

I always write more than what's required.

Ha ha ha ha ha...

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the first part of volume 7.5!

KawaiiLumineIsNotATsundere, out~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.7K 158 4
A story centered around both Ayanokoji and Kushida. Other characters will play key roles but to clear one thing up these are the two protagonists in...
2K 49 7
I'm adding characters from other series as my OCs! Their personalities may change to fit the story! Way of writing: XXX: normal text - XXX says XXX:...
11.7K 342 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
50.1K 1.7K 28
Advanced Nurturing High School or simply called ANHS is a Japanese institution funded by the government and is a top class institution as many studen...