Opposites Attract ~ Rosa Diaz...

By honestly__idek

You were the best detective in your precinct and you were close friends with everyone, but your boss thought... More

Backstory
Chapter 1 - Moving Precincts
Two - Junior Police Program
Three - Court Training
4 - Thanksgiving
5 - Pontiac Bandit
6 - The Secret
7 - Gina's break-in
8 - Holt's Birthday Party

9 - Weekend squad

675 16 12
By honestly__idek

Hiii sorry its been so long since I updated I've been very busy but I'll try upload as often as i can.
Half of this chapter was written last September (and I didnt fully re-read it) so sorry if its a change in the writing style (or its a bit cringe lmao) or something but yeah thats all

~

Today Rosa and I woke up as we normally would and got ready as usual, but the only difference is that this time we were going to work together. I got on the back of her motorcycle, because she refused to sit in my car with me, and we made our way to the precinct.

Next week was our 1 year anniversary since we went on our first official date, so I was trying to plan something special that she would like. When we first started dating we said that we would tell everyone before our one year anniversary, if we lasted that long.

We walked into the bullpen at the same time and nobody thought it was strange, even thought we've never come in at the same time before. She went and sat down at her desk and I, as always, rolled my chair over to her desk too.

"Should we like try make it obvious or act like they already know or what?" I asked, leaning closer to her so she could hear me. "Whatever" she shrugged. "Ok, got it" I nodded, spinning the chair around.

~

Holt called us all to the briefing room, so I sat closer to Rosa than usual to try make it more obvious. "Thank you all for coming in on your day off" Holt said once we all sat down, "I know you'd all rather be at home, binge watching media content." "Oh! I just started the second season of media content. No spoilers!" Jake said.

"But these evaluations are important" Holt said, ignoring Jake. "Sir, I think I speak for all of us..." Amy started. "She doesn't" we all said, cutting her off. "... when I say that we can't wait for you to sit in judgement of us" she finishes.

"Oh, these will be self evaluations, Santiago" Holt said. I groaned and let my head fall back, looking at the ceiling. "Why-se. Very wise sir" Amy said. "Nice save" Peralta smirks at her. I sigh and leaned my head on Rosa's shoulder.

"Also, please stay out of the weekend squad. They are on duty and the bullpen is theirs" Holt said. "I hate the weekend squad. Detective Lohank shaves at my desk and gets hair all over my computer. My 'R' key is jammed with stubble" Rosa complained.

"Well that explains the email you sent about the 'guseme mude' Jake joked. "Wait" Charles said looking at Rosa and me again. "What?" I asked, taking my head off her shoulder. "You were just resting your head on Rosa's shoulder!" Charles gasped. "So what?" I shrugged. "Rosa would never let anyone do that" he explained.

"Yeah, I don't" Rosa agreed. "Then why-" "Dismissed!" Holt cut Charles off, tired of our conversation.

~

"I wanna take Vivian somewhere fancy tonight. How 'bout this? Graziolo's for the porco digestivo meal. It's a culinary tour of a pig's digestive tract. Uh, pig bung gelato for two, anyone?" Charles said as we were all sitting in the break room, waiting to take our evaluation.

"Uh-oh, heads up. Weekend crew" Rosa rolled her eyes as the weekend crew came in. "I feel sad for you" Charles said to Rosa, "I love my desk buddy. Sometimes Detective Kearns and I leave presents for each other."

"Well my one sweats like crazy, it always smells there and she keeps like 2 radiators are 2 fans under the desk. She also takes up a lot of desk space with all of her candles. Don't get me wrong I like candles, but it's too many for a precinct" I complained.

We all looked over to my desk and saw her sweating while shivering, about to light a candle. "Yeah well Lohank's a stubble monkey. I hate him and his face garbage" Rosa said. "Why don't you just tell him to stop shaving at his desk?" Charles asked.

"He denies even doing it. I don't know why" she said angrily, "next time I catch him shaving, I'm gonna punch him so hard in the mouth he bites his own heart." "Maybe that's why he denies it" I said. "Oh yeah, you could be right" she nodded.

"Hey also, what was going on with that head shoulder thing earlier?" Charles asked. "I'm tired. Rosa was sitting next to me so I rested my head on her. Big deal" I shrugged. "Yeah, big deal" Rosa said, kissing me. Charles gasped looking at us then around the room, but everyone else was gone.

"Are you guys...." he said, still in shock. "Maybe, maybe not. It's for us to know and you to find out" I said, holding Rosa's hand and walking back to the table.

~ (this is now new)

"Rosa, look" Charles said, looking out through the blinds, "Lohank is shaving right now!" Rosa and I stood up and walked towards the window. We watched as he shaved, put all the hair into a pile, then blew it towards the keyboard.

"Y/n call an ambulance, I'm gonna do some stuff to him," Rosa said angrily. Boyle stopped me from taking out my phone and said, "or, we can give him a taste of his own medicine. We fill his locker with shaving cream and loose hair."

"I like it" Rosa grinned, "I can't believe I'm considering a non-violent option." "Where are we going to get the hair from though?" I asked. "Don't worry, I know just the place" Charles smiled, while Rosa and I exchanged looks.

~

All three of us were laughing while we filled Lohank's locker with shaving cream. Once it was fully covered Boyle reached into his jacket, "and now, the best part," he pulled out a bag of hair from under his jacket, "a magnificent bag of hair!"

Rosa and Charles both grabbed handfuls of hair and threw it into the shaving cream-covered locker. "Oh this is disgusting! It's perfect" Rosa smiled.

"Wait, wait, check this out" Charles said and turned around. Once he turned to face us again, he had stuck a piece of hair to his face using shaving cream. "I'm Tom Sellock, I park my chopper on the beach" he said in a funny voice.

Rosa and I laughed so Charles took some more hair and added it to his chin as a beard. "I'm a billy goat!" He started bleating a leaned his head back and chocked on some of the hair, spitting it out.

~

"So, when's this going down?" Rosa askes. "Well, normally Lohank hits the locker room when he goes to the gym, so lets see when he plans on working out" Charles smirks. "Could we get into trouble for this?" I ask, a tiny bit nervous.

"Nah, we'll be fine," Rosa smiles, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Awww" Charles said smiling. Rosa takes her hand off my shoulder and we both glare at him till he walks away towards Lohank, with both of us following.

"so Lohank, I was reading an article about the benefits of excercise-" Charles starts. "You going to the gym today?" Rosa asks cutting Charles off. "Not today, I've been spending all my breaks on the phone with my wife Nancy. We've been having marital problems" he replies.

I grimace at his reply because it makes me feel even worse for what we did to his locker. "right, because of your hygiene?" Rosa asks. "What? No, I wish. Now about a year ago she fell down he stairs and broke her back" he sighs.

"Oh no" Charles says. "Now she's addicted to pain killers, we've been fighting a lot," as he says that Rosa, Charles and I exchange awkward glances, "doesn't wanna help her y'know? I guess, I just love her so much. But she's refusing treatment."

"Ohhh" Rosa. "We got into it again last night," he starts again, "I went out for some fresh air but I forgot to close the door and our dog Cinnamon got out." "Oh no" I said, feeling really bad for him.

"Cinnamon got hit by a drunk driver" he said, making us all feel worse, "I wish I could say she was put out of her misery instantly but, the vet assured us that her suffering was unending and terrible."

"I'm sorry, I'm just venting a little" Lohank says, tearing up. "Oh of course" Rosa says. "Anything for a good friend like you" I add. "Y/n, Charles, can I see you for a minute" Rosa says. "Yep" Charles says quickly and we both follow her away.

"We should definetly clean out that locker" I say. "Hundred percent" Rosa says. We all starts to make our way but Holt stops us. "Y/n, it's your time foe your self evaluation" he says. "Oh, like right now?" I ask, giving a look to Rosa.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" He asks, concerned. "No, you go Y/n" Rosa says. "Alright" I say smiling slightly, then following Holt to his office.

~

Once we got to his office her sat down at his desk next to Terry and looked me dead in the eye. I got nervous because I forgot to plan out what to say and my hands started to get sweaty and started shaking.

"Alright so Y/n, you were obviously at another precinct for many years before you moved here and you were top of the precinct there, do you believe that you are still top of the precinct here in the 99?" Holt asks.

"Emm, no" I reply. "Why?" He asks. "Well probably because I'm not as used to the big city as everyone else, even though I've been here a year I haven't worked anywhere half as big as New York, so no" I replied.

~

Once the evaluation was done I went straight back to Rosa and Charles, who were still trying to clean Lohank's locker. Charles was scooping shaving cream into a bin with his hands when Holt and Terry showed up right behind me.

"What the hell is going on here?" Holt asked angrily. "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this sir" Terry said. "Uh, we accidentally dropped all our loose hair and shaving cream into this locker so we're taking it out" Boyle explained.

"Hasn't detective Lohank been through enough? He just got diagnosed with prostate cancer!" Hot said angrily. I looked over at Diaz and Boyle and there were both standing there in shock. "Of course he did" Rosa sighed.

"Clean this up, now!" Holt said. "Yes sir" Charles attempted to salute him but ended up flicking shaving cream and hair into his eye. Holt shook his head angrily and walked away.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Terry said disappointedly, "I've lost control of my squad." Terry shook his head sadly and left following Captain Holt.

~

I was walking towards the exit with Rosa when Charles came up to us. "Well that was fun today, although I'm pretty sure I caught some form of face lice from that bag of hair," he said, "being a cop is dangerous, although I knew that going in."

"Yeah it was, hey you wanna grab a drink" Rosa asks. "Oh shoot I would but I gotta meet with Vivian for that romantic meat colon dinner" he smiles happily. "I'll come" I said. "Yeah I know you'll come" Rosa smiles, laughing slightly.

"Awww, yous are cute. But Rosa I wanna apologise I haven't been much fun to hang out with over the past year, on account of all the asking you out, smelling your hair and staring at you from a safe range" Charles said.

"Yeah, you were a real weirdo, but you're pretty cool now that you're in love with someone else" she said. "And now that you are too" he smiled widely and winked. Rosa looked over at me then back to Boyle. "Shut up Boyle and leave you don't wanna be late to your pork something dinner" I said

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 993 25
You started working as a detective at the 99 precinct. You were expecting much, but that was until you meant the stunning Rosa Diaz. She helped you g...
1.8K 59 16
a young detective comes back to her life and friends after being undercover for four years...
414 20 4
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭?" After a series of unfortunate events, Jo found herself in the need for a transfer. She was told...
360 11 6
Avery Lewis is a carefree and humble detective in the NYPD trying to stay as professional as she can while surrounded by her not-so-professional frie...