The First Female Alpha

By Irisv0731

"Alpha Lightwood will be joining us this meeting." Gasps and mutters of disagreement were heard all around th... More

Meet the Characters
Werewolf Knowledge
Prologue
Chapter 2- Before Tragedy Struck
Chapter 3 - Finding Mate
Chapter 4 - Tragedy Struck
Chapter 5 - Facing the Truth
Chapter 6 - In Loving Memory
Chapter 7 - Ascending
Chapter 8 - "I'm a what?!"
Chapter 9 - Pack Meeting
Chapter 10 - The Alpha Meeting: Part One
Chapter 11 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Two
Chapter 12 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Three
Chapter 13 - Reunions
Chapter 14 - Explanations
Chapter 15 - Rough Morning
Chapter 16 - Meeting Re-Do
Chapter 17 - More Explanations
Chapter 18 - "I could've killed you!"
Chapter 19 - Heading Back Home
Chapter 20 - The Files
Chapter 21 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22 - Initiation
Chapter 23 - Bad News
Chapter 24 - Rogues
Chapter 25 - Apologies & Phone Calls
Chapter 26 - Change of Plans
Chapter 27 - Not Possible
Chapter 28 - Not Again
Chapter 29 - Change of Plans, Again
Chapter 30 - Make Up Your Mind
Chapter 31 - Eclipse Pack

Chapter 1 - Brielle's Early Years

540 9 0
By Irisv0731

Hey guys! Before we begin the chapter, I just wanted to make it clear what it would be like for a few chapters so there is no confusion. We will be taking a trip down memory lane where you will read bits and pieces of Brielle's life growing up, starting when she turned 10 and got to meet her wolf up until she reached the age of 18.

Okay, now on to the chapter! Enjoy! 💛

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

*Third Person POV*

(10 Years Old)

"It's time to wake up Ellie," Estelle Lightwood, Brielle's mother, spoke softly as she walked into Brielle's room. 

Estelle could clearly see that Brielle was already awake due to her breathing pattern that she can hear thanks to her werewolf hearing. Estelle quietly went and sat near Brielle on the bed, but Brielle still continued to act asleep. Estelle grabbed the feather pen on Brielle's bedside table and gently swiped it under her nose and into her ear. Brielle let a quiet giggle slip, but the child still wouldn't open her eyes. Estelle got up and walked towards the door, pretending as if she had given up on waking her.

"Okay, I guess my little Ellie doesn't want to wake up. She will just have to miss out on her favorite pancakes," Estelle teased.

"Pancakes! I'm awake Momma, I'm awake!" Brielle shouted as she rushed out of bed. Looks like Estelle's teasing did the trick.
"Well come on Momma! It's pancake time!" Brielle exclaimed in glee as she dragged Estelle down the stairs and in the direction of the kitchen where the smell of pancakes was wafting in the air.

"Slow down Honey, there are plenty of pancakes for you no need to rush," Estelle stated in amusement at her daughter's eagerness.

"Not if Daddy is already there!" Brielle stated.

True to her statement, Brielle's father, Vincent Lightwood was already half way done with the stack of pancakes Estelle had left on the counter.

"See I told ya Momma! Daddy eats everything."

"Vinny! Those were for Ellie!" Estelle scolded her mate.

"They just smelled so good, I'm sorry Jelly Belly," Vincent said, pulling puppy eyes in Brielle's direction. 

"It's ok Daddy. I forgive you. I know how good they are," Brielle caved.

"Thank you Sweetheart," Vincent said as he kissed the top of Brielle's head.

"I'll make another batch just for you Ellie," Estelle said as she cooked the remaining mix in the bowl.

"Thanks Momma, I just love your strawberry and banana pancakes!" 

"Here you go Honey," Estelle placed a fresh batch of pancakes in front of Brielle. "Happy Birthday my little Ellie," she said as she placed a kiss on her cheek.

"It's my Birthday!" Brielle exclaimed in realization.

"It is. Happy Birthday Jelly Belly! You know what happens today?" Vincent asked.

Brielle lets out a small gasp and then jumps out of her seat in joy. "I get my wolf today!"

"Yes, you do. You should start to feel her soon and when she's ready, she'll introduce herself," Estelle explained to her overjoyed daughter.

"I can't wait to have a forever friend!" Brielle shrieked with delight.

'Neither can I.'

"Who said that?" Brielle asked as she looked around the room in search of the mystery voice.

'It's me, your wolf. I'm in your head,' her wolf stated.

"Wow that's so cool!" 

"I'm guessing your wolf made an appearance?" Estelle asked with a gentle smile.

"Yes, it's so cool! She says she's in my head," Brielle told her mother.

"She is a part of you. Now you both share the same mind and body vessel. You can communicate with her using your thoughts. You can now also mind link us," Vincent explained.

"How do I do that?" Brielle asked.

"Since you and your wolf share the same mind, all you have to do is think of what you want to say to her and she'll respond. To mind link us, you need to think of us and picture our face in your mind and think of what you want to say and we'll receive it." Vincent explained further.

Brielle pulled a face of concentration making her parents chuckle in amusement.

'Hello? Am I doing it? Momma? Daddy?'

'I'm right her Ellie,' Estelle linked back.

'You did it Jelly Belly! You're a fast learner,' Vincent linked.

Brielle put on her concentration face again as she tried to communicate with her wolf.

'Hello?'

'Yes, I can hear you,' Brielle's wolf replied.

'Awesome! Hi my name is Brielle.'

'I know. Hello Brielle my name is Freya,' Brielle's wolf introduced herself.

'I'll love you forever!' Brielle promised Freya.

'I'll love and protect you always,' Freya vowed.

(16 Years Old)
It is October 19, 11:50 pm. 

Brielle had been feeling off and having little pains here and there all day. She had finally managed to get some rest after tossing and turning all night in bed. Suddenly she started to feel the pains from earlier today again, but this time they were stronger. The pain was unbearable that it woke her from her sleep. Her whole body was in pain and it felt as if her body was set on fire. Her whole body was covered in sweat, soaking her clothes along with her bedsheets. 

Estelle's motherly instincts kicked in as she felt her daughter's pain and distress through their bond. She hurriedly got out of bed and sprinted to Brielle's room. Estelle could hear her wolf, Celine, whimper at the sight of Brielle's body huddled in a fetal position. Small whimpers of pain slipped past Brielle's lips  as she grimaced. 

Brielle let out a blood curling scream as the pain got too overbearing. Her screams awoke every member of the pack. Vincent heard his daughter's scream of agony all the way to the forest, where he was with the border patrol. Using his werewolf speed, he made his way home in no time where he was met with a mate who's face was stained with tears and a daughter who was screaming and withering in pain.

"It's time. She's shifting," Estelle whimpered out as she looked up at her husband whose eye were getting teary eyed. Although they knew it was coming and it is perfectly normal, it still saddened them and brought them to tears feeling and seeing their daughter's pain.

Vincent glanced at the clock on Brielle's bedside table and saw it read 11:55 pm. "Meet me in the forest at the clearing. She has 5 minutes until she shifts. I'll carry her there," Vincent instructed his mate.

Vincent ran using his heightened speed with Brielle in his arms. Estelle rummaged through Brielle's wardrobe looking for a new set of clothes. After finding a t-shirt and shorts, Estelle rushed to the clearing after her mate and daughter. As soon as she got there, both her and Vincent shed their clothing and shifted into their wolves to help make Brielle's shift  smoother and bring comfort to her wolf. 

Brielle's body started to bend in odd angles and the sound of bones popping filled the quite night in the forest. Brielle let out another agonizing cry as fur started to sprout all over her body, her canines elongated, and her nails grew into claws. Brielle's final scream turned into a howl as the her first shift was completed. With her senses heightened, she could now smell the fresh night breeze, the dampness of the forest dirt, she could see every speck of dust in the air and hear every living creature in the forest. 

'We did it Freya.'

'No you did it Bri. I promise the next time you shift it won't be as painful.'

Vincent and Estelle huddled around Brielle's wolf in their own wolf forms as they comforted their newly shifted Alpha daughter. 

'We must continue to hide her. It's too dangerous for anyone to know of her yet, especially now that she has shifted. Her powerful aura will be hard to conceal,' Estelle linked her mate as their daughter was too engrossed with her wolf's reflection in the river bank.

'I know we do. It is unheard of a female being an Alpha. I hate the sexism, but there is nothing we can do. If the Rogue Alpha finds out about Brielle, they will come for her in order to stop the prophecy from happening.'

'I hate that my little Ellie has to go through this. Can't we ask for help from the other Alphas?' Estelle asked.

'No, we can't be certain they won't want to harm her as well. The only ones we can trust right now is the loyal members of our pack,' Vincent stated.

'You're right. They can't get their hands on her before she gets the chance to ascend,' Estelle agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 154 30
Baby Isabelle was left at someone's doorstep by her parents from the moment she was born because she was female. She was supposed to be a strong, ind...
536 86 32
Ashton has always had a laid back life, but what happens when his brother is visited by THE Luna. The number one pack has fallen due to an attack...
760 5 48
Claire always dreamt on having a normal life but never had one. She grew up in a small town but moved to a city when she was ten with her stepmom and...
118K 3.2K 50
Not every Alpha's daughter stays in her pack. Vexy Denali is the next Alpha of the Denali Pack but she doesn't want to be so she did the one thing sh...