demigod dragon rider kingsbane

By koleking28

Galbatorix has taken the throne, the remaining riders, the dwarves, the elves, and the humans are at a loss o... More

a boy from another world
who are you?
Memories
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Names
Sparring and a new friend?
Hail To The King
Apologies, Lesson learned, Arya's birthday
Another memory
Meeting Goddesses
Formora's Gift
An Elf's Thoughts

Dragon Eggs

16 1 4
By koleking28

Perseus glanced around the room, seeing the others were all still busy, from viewing his memories, he sighed. He wasn't even sure of who or what he was. All he had from his past, was a memory, of a man and woman, claiming they loved him, and they called him Perseus.

While waiting on the others to bring themselves back from their thoughts, he glanced around the room, feeling some decent power emanating from a metal chest in the center of the room, behind the group of people.

'Perseus, is that my name? Is that who I am? Where am I from? Where am I now? How did I get here? What is this aching inside, almost as if a piece, or several, are missing from me? Like I'm incomplete? What's in that box? I feel it drawing me towards it.' As the young warrior pondered his loss of identity, and the source of power he could feel, he heard one of the admittedly, beautiful women speaking. (1)

"Well, at least we know he is capable. Though I'm not sure if that is good or bad, from what we saw, he's not exactly black or white, he's a mixed area, a shaded view of gray, if you will. Though I do have to say, his exploits with the women, was....both amusing and fascinating." The violet eyed elf spoke. She was tall, certainly taller than an average human woman. She was dressed in a fine tunic and some fine leggings. Her skin was a milky, creamy colored, that contrasted nicely, in Perseus' opinion, with her long, curly black hair, falling in ringlets down to the small of her back. On her hip, was a sword, a brown blade, about three and half feet long. Wielded with one hand, with a Tourmaline gem in the bottom of the handle. (2)

Perseus, having been caught staring at her, looked away quickly, when she just winked and smirked at him. Opening his mouth to ask the names of all of these people, he was stopped by the silver haired elf, who let him stay in his home for the night.

"Perhaps, before we move forward from here, we could at least tell the boy who we are, and why we are acting hostile to him, hm? I shall go first, my name is Oromis, and the gold dragon, is my partner, Glaedr." The now dubbed Oromis said pleasantly.

The beautiful woman who spoke earlier, revealed herself next, "My name is Formora, young one, and my dragon goes by the name, Jord." Her smooth, rich voice called out.

"I am Evandar, and this beautiful woman next to me is my mate, Islanzadí, we are also, the king and queen of the elves." The male spoke, his long silver hair gleamed in the light. Like liquid moonlight, a rich sterling silver. His eyes, old and wise, his voice was musical like the other elves, but also a bit deeper.

The woman, Islanzadí, was just as imposing as her mate. She was tall, standing over six feet, which was way above the average, woman, even those women who were above average, still came up short when compared to the elf queen. Her long, luscious, raven black hair, cascaded down her back, reaching her thighs. Her skin was milky, creamy, unmarked and unblemished. Her deep, emerald green eyes were full of different emotions. Pain, longing, loss, anger, mischief, and wisdom, all shared the space, claiming refuge.

The last elf spoke up, his past shoulder length, ink colored hair, waved back and forth, as his magic was starting to pool out of his body. He narrowed his eyes at Perseus, his distrust obvious in his eyes. His skin rippled, as his veins darkened. His magic rushing violently, pumping out, lashing at everything around him. "I am called Vrael. That's all you need to know."

"I am Umaroth, dragon bonded to Vrael, young warrior. With you here, I feel like there may yet be hope for my race, and that of Alagaësia as a whole." Evidently, that was the name of the white dragon.

The brown haired man, in a carefully measured voice, called out, "my name is Brom, I am the rider of Saphira."

The short, long bearded man spoke up, "I am Hrothgar, king of the Dwarves, God spawn. It's an honor to have one of your kind amongst us." He knelt on the ground, with his fist closed and positioned over his heart, much to the confusion of the elves, and their dragons. (3)

"Now Perseus, any questions you have for us? I will answer them to the best of my abilities, but after that, I would like for you to do a favor for me, is that acceptable?" Oromis asked kindly.

Perseus just nodded, having a feeling that what would happen next, would be both informative and extraordinary.

"Where am I? Why am I here? How did I get here? You mentioned a name earlier, Galby or something, who is that? Why did you think I was with them? Why can't I remember anything? How and why did you all become Dragon Riders? Is that some kind of real big honor? Who am I? I remember two people calling me Perseus, as well as being called the son of Poseidon, but I am not sure who they were, or what that name is supposed to mean. Is that my name? What about the other name? What's the favor for you? What is in that box over there?" Perseus shot question after question towards the elves, while pointing towards the box, containing, unbeknownst to him, three dragon eggs. Oromis took a moment to gather his thoughts, and to formulate his answers in a satisfactory explanation.

"Very well then, I shall explain to you what I know, or what I suspect. However, keep in mind, that truthfully, we don't really know much about you, and I will explain why. This land, has long been named as Alagaësia, it's home to many creatures, some of those being Humans, Urgals, Werecats, Dwarves, Elves, and even a small amount of Dragons. There are also many magicians in Alagaësia. We don't know why you are here, or how you got here. We were in the middle of a war meeting, when a meteor fell from the sky, upon crashing into the forest clearing outside of our meeting hall, we found you in the crater. You were crawling out of it. Your body was in terrible shape, scars and cuts all over your body. Some looked quite old, along with some dried, old, crusted blood on you. As for how you got into the rock, well, that is something you may have to figure out on your own.

Galbatorix, was once a dragon rider as well, before he betrayed us all, and slaughtered many of our fallen friends. Dragon riders, are a group of powerful magicians, humans and elves, who bonded to dragons upon their hatching. For many millennia, we kept peace and order in the land. Yes, being a Dragon Rider, is quite the honor, and it's quite rewarding as well. I have been a rider for many centuries and I have never been happier. We don'; know your name, and the name Poseidon has no meaning to any of us. I think those two people from your memories might be your parents, but I cannot say for certain. I'm sorry. My favor that I want you to do for me, is to touch these three dragon eggs, in the chest behind us. I have a feeling one of them will hatch for you." dumping a load of information on him, Perseus was reeling. His head was hurting. (4)

"Surely you're joking?! I'm relatively a stranger, and you're letting me touch three precious possessions of yours?" Perseus said, the incredulity in his voice obvious. Apparently it was one thing Vrael agreed with him on, for he spoke up next.

"Oromis, this is madness! I'm still not unconvinced this boy is trustworthy. His story is far to loose and he is far to powerful. He is to unknown, and a total stranger. Entrusting him with a dragon, could lead to another Galbatorix, one who is far more vile and powerful than the one we currently have now! I cannot, as leader of the order, abide by this!" his voice was thick with anger and disgust.

"Vrael, you saw his memories, just like the rest of us. You felt his emotions about each situation, you have seen and felt his heart. I trust this boy. As does everyone else, even Umaroth seems to have no fears or doubts about him. This boy is a blessing, Vrael. Yes, he's powerful, and yes, he's got some anger and hatred deep within him, however, I believe, with the right guidance and instruction, he can tame or curb that. We should not let this opportunity go to waste. He can be a very good ally. Trust in us, Vrael. I know you have been shaken by Galbatorix's and his Forsworn's betrayal, but you need to believe there is still good in this world, vinr. Give the boy a chance. He won't disappoint you." Oromis spoke to Vrael in his mind.

Perseus, overcoming his surprise, walked over to the chest, and after seeing the approving nod from Oromis, and the reluctant nod from Vrael, opened it up. Inside were three eggs, that if he not been told were eggs beforehand, would have sworn they were gems. Each egg was a smooth, and hollow shell. Not a single crack, or even small bump, there wasn't even a spec of dirt on any egg. They were clear and cool to the touch, shining bright. Each one glittered. A black one, darker than obsidian, a royal, sparkling purple, and a rather mesmerizing, sapphire blue.

'They're gorgeous. Even more beautiful than any fine cut gem. Am I even worthy of one of them?' The young, powerful demigod thought to himself. He reached his hand out, and ran it all over the black egg first, rubbing it, feeling warmth begin to emanate from it. Pulsing, however, he glimpsed at the other two eggs, something was telling him to touch them as well. So he decided to forgo the black egg at the moment, alternated, for a few moments, with both the blue and purple eggs, yet if he had glanced at the black egg, he would have seen the cracks forming on it.

He whipped his head around, hearing the barely audible snapping and breaking sound, of an egg hatching. He felt the eggs in his hands begin to shake. Moving his head down, his gaze landed on the two eggs. Both had begun to hatch. It didn't take long for the three hatch lings to force their way out of their prison shells.

Upon crawling out of their former homes, the black hatch ling wobbled over to him, and the blue and purple hatch lings in his hands butted their heads towards him, as soon as they made contact with his hands, however, a bright, golden light shone in the room, temporarily blinding all of the occupants. When it died down, the three dragons and the boy were unconscious. On his palms however, instead of a silver diffused spiral oval marking, there was a golden thread, with three miniature dragons on each hand, a black one, a blue one, and a purple one. The golden thread however, crisscrossed all up and down his arms. (5)

"That's not supposed to happen. Only one of them should have hatched. Oromis, what did you do, and what are those markings?!" Vrael asked his once pupil, who just looked at him, and said, "Vrael, I have done nothing. I just had a feeling he would make a good rider, and didn't think it would hurt to have him interact with the eggs."

Well that's it. So how was it? What do you think of the dragons? Their colors? What about names? I have a few in mind for them, but would love to hear thoughts. Sorry not much plot in this one. Looks like Perseus has a bit of a crush on Islanzadí, and Formora, not that I blame him, lol

What is wrong with Vrael? Why is he acting this way? I have plans for Vrael, but I'm not sure how well it will be received, plus I change my mind a lot, lol

I have plans to have some people pop up, from other fandoms, so keep in mind any you may want to see. Any pairings, feel free to suggest, I love to hear nice thoughts or suggestions, though keep in mind, I may or may not agree with them.

Now I feel like I missed an explanation regarding Arya's emotional connection to Perseus as well as her mentality/speech pattern. When I say she's emotionally connected to him, that doesn't mean she wants to fuck him or anything, she just feels better when he's around, or happy, and she's happy being around him, that's all. As for her speech, well, elves do mature, at least mentally, faster than humans here, so she can speak somewhat better than them, and grasp some concepts better than them. That's all.

I warn you all now, the PJO world, and all the ones connected through it, like Magnus Chase, and the Kane Chronicles, are going to be quite different here. So don't expect anything from canon to be the same, yes somethings will be the same but others won't. There's going to be a lot of dark themes in this fic, so buckle up.

1.) Perseus has all of his memories locked inside his head, he just can't access them, nor can he remember them. How do you think he lost them? Why do you think he lost them? Also, yes, Percy thinks the elves are beautiful, and honestly? He's right, lol

2.) There is no description of Formora, so I made one up. I don't care. The gem in the pommel is something I had to look up and decide, sorry. In this world, all of the Riders' blades, are the same shape and size, just different colors, sorry if it's lazy. Though I have a few special things planned for Percy's blade.

3.) Sorry, I forgot Hrothgar was going to be present in the meeting, I will have to go back and edit that. That was a mistake on my part. Hrothgar, being a Dwarf, can recognize Perseus for what he is. Though he has the belief wrong, considering he worships the Norse gods, and Perseus is Greek.

4.) Oromis, for simplicity, glossed over everything Galbatorix did, but that will come up later. Galbatorix will not be stronger here, per say, but he will be more hands on, more ruthless, and more cunning. I feel like someone who has a form of amnesia, will have trouble being info dumped like this.

5.) What do you think the marks on Perseus are? Why are they golden? Why does he have three dragons? What does this mean for the order, Alagaësia, and what does it mean for Perseus? Let me know your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.5K 78
{Iara's Lifetime Book 1} Siblings scattered across continents....things hidden in the world and in the mind, things better left that way. When the fi...
21.5K 462 17
King Galbatorix shrinks his only daughter as punishment for helping the Varden. As she goes on an incredible journey, she falls in love with Eragon...
14 1 12
SYNOPSIS "To take a place amongst the God's you must take the head of a current God." As the world's end beckons for all on the continent of Avaricia...
269 0 16
Orcs are invading the North, soon to break through the army and head toward the desolation of the world. The world is preparing for war, but they cou...