Can't Buy My Love

By CandaceNycole

Brynn's father sells her to his bosses son who's the highest bidder. will she fall in love with him? or end u... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 13

5K 96 3
By CandaceNycole

Brynn’s POV:

I woke to the sounds of shouting in the kitchen and my head was spinning. I’m never drinking again. I groaned and rolled over, only to shriek and fall of the bed at the sight of Payton’s face beside me. Well, it was beside me anyway.  Payton’s head popped over the side of the bed, his messy hair falling into his eyes.

“Well damn! I didn’t know I was that ugly.” He said with a small smirk on his face.

I glared at him, “Why the hell am I in your room?! In your bed!?” I looked down and noticed that I was wearing a t-shirt and not the dress I was wearing last night. “Why the fuck am I wearing this shirt?!”

Payton looked at me and laughed, “You, princess, are hysterical in the morning! Oh man, if you can see the look on your face! Too perfect.”

What an asshole to take advantage of me! I sat up and slapped him hard across the face and stormed out of the room. The yelling I had heard earlier had only intensified.

“ROXANNE YOU WILL NOT BE HAVING A BABY IN MY HOUSE!” I heard my mother shout.

SHIT! I ran down the stairs to find my sister and mother in the mother of all screaming matches. By the time I walked in everyone but Landon and Payton were in there. I stepped in between them and glared at my mother.

“Get out of her face.” I said calmly.

“Brynn, get out of my way.”

“I’m not having an abortion. It’s too late anyway.” Roxie covered her bulging stomach and her hand stroked it in slow circles.

“Then get the hell out. I won’t have another disgrace in my family. First Brynn and now you. I want you out now.” My mother nearly snarled, “I don’t know what I did to deserve all of this.” She cried storming out of the room.

I turned to Roxie to see if she was okay and she actually had a smile on her face. 

“Glad I got that off my chest. Help me pack.” She grabbed my hand and we went upstairs leaving a roomful of stunned faces.

                                                                        *****

“So, where the hell did you get all the confidence to talk back to her?” I asked as we packed her last bag. Phil would be here soon to pick her up.

“You.” She shrugged.

“Me?” My eyebrow rose.

“You always stand up to mom! She doesn’t know how to handle you! She gets really flustered about what to do with you when you walked in here with piercings and maroon and black hair. I thought she was going to go into cardiac arrest. She can’t control you and I just wanted to see what it was like being you. Especially knowing that she wouldn’t know how to react to me talking back. The reason why I’ve been so mean to you is because I’m jealous. So fucking jealous.

“You always found the fun in everything. You never managed to let mom get you down, and we all know how much she gives you a hard time. It was so easy for you to make the coolest and best friends. And what made me most jealous is that you had Ronan.”

I glared at her. Roxie saw the expression on my face and held up her hands in surrender, “I just meant that you guys are so perfect for each other and I was jealous that you had that kind of relationship and I didn’t. But then I met Phil, and I now I know how it feels to be in love. Really in love. I want that for you. I know I’m leaving you here to fend for yourself, but then again you don’t need my help.” She said smiling.

I hugged her tightly, “I’m going to miss you. Don’t forget to call me, because I know you will.”

“I’ll see if I can fit you in.” She smirked.

I stuck my tongue out at her and she burst into a fit of giggles. It was sad that this was mine and Roxie’s first heart to heart and now she was moving out. I wanted to have my big sister live with me. She zipped up her last suitcase just as her phone vibrated.

“I’ll be right down. Don’t come inside. My mom already wants to chop your penis off. I’ll have Brynn and Bentley help me. No, its fine, just have the car open. I want to make a quick escape. Yeah, I’m coming down now.” She hung up and smiled at me, “Time for me to go.”

I hugged her tightly again and kissed her cheek. “I love you. If you need anything, and I mean anything just call me. I’ll stop what I’m doing and do what you need me to do.”

“Okay, I’ll keep that in mind. But in the mean time, help me get these bags downstairs. I’ll have Bentley bring them to the car.” I grabbed two suitcases and she did the same and we headed downstairs.

Mom was standing by the door glaring at us both, “I expect you to show up at dinner tonight. I won’t have you further embarrassing yourself and our family.”

“Shut up, Mom. She’s not the one embarrassing anyone. Come on, Roxie. Let’s get you out of here.” He carried the bags outside and we put them in the car. We both hugged Roxie one last time before Phil pulled out of the driveway. I missed her already.

Payton’s POV:

I watched as Brynn and Bentley walked in the house, faces expressionless and not talking. Even after everything last night, which I’m pretty sure she remembers, she didn’t even look at me.

“Brynn, Payton, come into the kitchen please, we have something important to discuss with you.” My mother said to her.

“What are you gonna kick me out of my own house?” She mumbled following them in with me trailing not too far behind her.

“Actually, we are. We’re kicking you and Payton out.”

“WHAT?!” We shouted at the same time.

“You guys need to learn how to get along and the only way for you to do that is if you move into the apartment that we’ve bought for you. You both will see a couple councilor, you will attend all of the social outings that are coming up to showcase your wedding.  If one thing goes wrong, we move up the wedding date. And you don’t want that.” Mr. Montgomery said staring at us both.

Brynn’s hands were clenched in a tiny fist. “Seriously? Who’s next? Bentley? Harley? Do you just want us out of your house? Cause I can move in with Kourtney.”

Mr. Montgomery ran his hand through his hair, “I don’t want to kick you out, but this is just better. You both will work out your problems and be in a healthy spot by the time you’re married. We already have the apartment set up, all you need to do is pack your stuff and move it there.”

  “You know what? I’m glad you’re kicking me out. I can’t stand to live under this roof with you people anymore!” With that said she turn around and stormed up the stairs.

Our parents looked at me expectantly, and I rolled my eyes. “I guess I’ll go pack.”

“Good choice, and we’ll see you at dinner. It’s at five so you both need to be there on time. I know Brynn will try to stall but you must be there on time.” My dad said, as if he actually knew what Brynn was like.

“Whatever.” Was all I said and I went upstairs to get my stuff packed.

Brynn’s POV:

I packed my last suitcase and slammed it shut. Good fucking riddance. Bentley and Blane helped me carry my bags to the limo and I left without saying a word to the adults in the house. I was pissed off that I had to move in with stupid Payton, who still hasn’t explained how the hell we ended up in his room…or how I was in a t-shirt instead of my dress. I climbed in the limo and took out my phone and called Landon.

It rang once. Twice. Then voicemail. What the hell? Did he hang up on me? I dialed his number again and the same thing happened. I waited for the beep and spoke, “I don’t know where you are or what you’re doing but I hope you’re having a meeting with Jesus if you’re hanging up on me. What the hell is you’re problem? Whatever, I’ll see you at dinner tonight.”

I hung up at the same time Payton got in the limo with me. I glared out of the window as we took off to our new home. The big guy upstairs clearly had it out for me.

                                                                        ******

The apartment was amazing. It was near the beach, we had a balcony that gave us a the few of the beach. The place was stocked. The kitchen was stocked with food, dishes and cooking appliances. The living room had a HD flat screen television hanging up on the wall, and underneath it was an Xbox 360 kinect, and Wii, as well as the games that came with it. I loved it.

The only problem…one bedroom. There was no way in hell I was sharing a room with this prick. I was still upset with him. Our driver helped Payton bring our things inside while I sat on the couch.

“This place is sick.” Payton said grinning widely. His eyes mainly on the Xbox 360. What a guy.

“Yeah, downside? One bedroom. So get comfy on the couch.” I said getting up and dragging my bags to our- I mean my- new room.

“You didn’t have a problem sleeping with me last night!”

“Low blow.” I said glaring at him. “I don’t even remember how I got in your bed! Would you like to inform me?”

My eyebrows rose as he just stared at me.

“I’m waiting.” I said cocking my head to the side with a frown on my face.

“You came into my room drunk and crying and I didn’t know what to do so I just let you stay. You fell asleep before you could actually change so I changed you.”

I blushed, and prayed that the hadn’t seen anything.

“I didn’t feel you up or anything. I didn’t even peek.” He said color rising in his cheeks.

“Okay, fine. But still, I don’t feel comfortable with it yet. I’ll sleep in the room, you sleep on this lovely comfy couch. Now, I have to call my sister and unpack, then get ready for this godforsaken dinner party.”

                                                                        ******

“Hey, are you almost done in there? We have to be there in ten minutes!” Payton called from behind the bathroom door.

I readjusted the bow in my hair and smiled at my reflection. My tight red dress hung on to every curve, the strap going across my chest. My Guess platform pumps giving me some height to stand next to Payton and not look like a midget. My hair curled down my back and held out of my face with a giant black bow, and my makeup was smoldering and dark.

I opened the door and Payton’s jaw dropped, “Wow.” He murmured.

“I know. Let’s go. Mr. We-have-10-minutes-to-get-there” I said leading him out of the door and to the limo.

I won’t lie, Payton looked good and I couldn’t help but stare at him a few times. His bright blue tie brought out his eyes and his brown hair laid flat against his forehead, right above his eyebrows. I didn’t look longer than ten seconds, for fear of being caught. And every minute I would stare at him for ten seconds and no more until we pulled up into the driveway.

Payton helped me out of the car and we walked to the door, my hand resting in the crook of his elbow. “Show time.” He whispered, sending chills down my spine as he rang the doorbell.

Dante opened the door and smiled genuinely at me, “You look beautiful as always Brynn. Come inside, they’re all waiting.”

“Thank you.” I smiled and we walked into the dining room where my family sat with Payton’s and Carter’s parents.

“There is the lovely couple! Brynn, that dress looks absolutely amazing on you!” Mrs. Emerson cried, a little overdramatically.

I smiled but it was wiped clean off my face as soon as I saw Ronan with Melissa. Her hair messy, in a “I-Just-Had-Sex” way and his tie was crooked. Melissa smirked cockily as she wrapped her arm around Ronan’s and pressed up against him. I smiled sweetly, or as sweetly as I could muster and sat down at the table with Payton.

“So, how is the lovely couple?” Carter asked, his eyebrows rising at the arm that was now around the back of my chair.

“We’re perfect.” Payton blurted out before I could say anything, and I smiled as Ronan glared at Payton.

Tonight was going to be an amazing night. 

_____________________________________________________________

I know I'm a horrible person. Don't remind me. I've been sick and having a lot...and I mean a lot of family problems. So it's kinda hectic to write. This is kinda filler, I was going to actually post more of the dinner but I figured that since I'm on break for the next week I don't need to rush it. ANNNNNNNND I get out of school in less than a month sooo MORE WRITING TIME! :) Thank you guys for dealing with me. I love you all and don't forget to Comment and Vote. I love hearing what you have to say<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 981 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
5.7K 465 40
Nicole Kent has spent her 25 years trying to fulfill her father's wishes...but when her father decided to betroth her to a man whom she knows nothing...
6.9K 320 38
According to the media, Damien Caldwell lives the perfect playboy life. Being the CEO of a multi-million dollar company he has the money to fund his...
13.2K 560 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...