CRIMINAL PSYCHOLOGY

By JunelynSalaver

------- One day, while Lin Chen read a book, Xing Cong Lian said to him, "You're a psychologist. Can you help... More

Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 1: Prologue
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 2: White Sand
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 3: Trouble
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 4: Behavior
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 5: Love Letter
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 6: Feelings
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 7: Memories
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 8: Power
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 10: Letters
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 11: Try
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 12: The Key
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 13: Problem
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 14: Romance
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 15: Old Affairs
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 16: Invitation
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 17: Questioning
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 18
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 19 (Destiny)
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 20 (Once)

Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 9: Finally

11 1 0
By JunelynSalaver

Lin Chen was awakened by a knock on the window.

Standing outside the window was a cleaning aunt wearing a yellow poncho. He got up and opened the window, only to hear the aunt say angrily, "Xiao Lin, do you have the key to Yanqing's tool room?"

Lin Chen shook his head. Suddenly remembering something, he asked, "Isn't the whole school closed today?"

"The school is closed, but the boss didn't give us a day off." The aunt leaned on a long broom and sighed, "So we have to work hard to sweep the floor."

Lin Chen felt that something was strange. Why did the cleaning aunt come to ask him for the key to Yu Yanqing's tool room?

Thinking of this, he asked, "Who asked you to ask me for the key to Yu Yanqing's tool room?"

"Oh, you both have such a good relationship." The aunt smiled, seeing good-looking young people, the old aunts always liked joked a little more: "She resigned and said she left the key with you. Who doesn't know that she always runs to you when she has something to do......"

The old aunt was still chattering, but Lin Chen suddenly had a bad feeling.

Yu Yanqing resigned, but didn't return the key to the tool room, and said the key was with him?

But he didn't have any keys. If the key was not found, the logistics department will break the door.

So what's behind the door?

"The key might be with me, but I have to look for it. Please go and clean the other place first, okay?" Lin Chen bowed slightly. After speaking to the aunt, he turned around and went back to his room, and called Xing Conglian with his mobile phone.

.......

When Xing Conglian arrived, Lin Chen was alone, leaning on the door of the basement.

Seeing Xing Conglian followed by the forensic officer and the forensic doctor, he nodded, stood up straight, and got out of the way.

There was only a dim light in the stairwell, which made him look gloomy, and even a little sad.

As a criminal investigator, Xing Conglian could of course smell the unusual stench in the air. His face darkened. He put on the gloves and opened the door of the basement. The strong smell of blood made everyone feel suffocated.

The criminal police, who are used to dealing with the scene, cordoned the basement according to the regulations. All the lights were on, making the dark underground space look bright.

The damaged desks, the dilapidated beds, and the scattered textbooks, every item in the basement was illuminated brightly and clearly by the lights, and even the dust was covered with a layer of fluorescent light.

At the end of the entire space, there is a closed, black wooden door.

A police officer found the master key and asked Xing Conglian for instructions.

Xing Conglian glanced at Lin Chen, took the key and walked to the black wooden door.

Opening a door is a very simple matter. Just insert the key into the keyhole, twist it gently, and the door will be opened with a click.

But Xing Conglian felt that it was hard to find anything more difficult and bitter than this in the world.

As the door opened the smell of blood drifted out.

Xing Conglian placed his hand on the door panel, looked at Lin Chen again, and said, "Now even I have to suspect that you are the murderer."

The flashlight shone the bright light, illuminating the entire room, and the scene inside made one tremble.

In the small tool room, there are countless tools, mops, large shears for trimming flowers and trees, hoes, broken plant roots, and all kinds of debris are stacked on each other, forming a dirty and thick black background.

Yu Yanqing's body was naked and squatted in the corner of the room. There were countless fine wounds on her body, and blood was sprayed in every corner of the room. As if countless scarlet earthworms were climbing and absorbing all the heat of life.

In her hand was a small knife commonly found in students' pencil boxes. The handle was light blue, and the blade was covered with blood.

The Police officers are used to seeing murder scenes, but still many people can't stand such a bloody scene. The scene became very quiet, and even the needle drop can be heard.

The first sound was the click of the shutter, the flash came on one after another. The forensic officer squatted down and took pictures of the scene from different angles.

Then the forensic doctor walked in and laid Yu Yanqing on the ground, his movements were indescribably slow and solemn.

No one speaks.

The moment Yu Yanqing lay down, a handful of fine sand appeared between her stiff fingers.

A handful of white, delicate sand, like countless aphids swarming out.

Xing Conglian grabbed Lin Chen and dragged him out of the basement.

Typhoon days are always weird, the heavy rain stopped at some point, and the sky was so low that it seemed like it was about to fall in the next moment.

Xing Conglian pressed Lin Chen on the bench, and behind him was the camphor trees.

He took mineral water from the trunk of the car, stuffed it into Lin Chen's hand, and then sat down.

As a criminal policeman, he knows very well that apart from gods, the only people who can predict life and death are murderers and acquaintances, but he is very sure that Lin Chen is not a murderer. Then, the question arises: What role did Lin Chen play in these incidents?

"I'm not the murderer." Lin Chen unscrewed the bottle cap and said very seriously and calmly.

Few can face the doubts and explain them so plainly.

"When the Park incident happened, you were at the police station. Of course, you were not the murderer." Xing Conglian said.

"If you believe me, then I'm not the murderer of Yu Yanqing either." Lin Chen raised his head and took a sip of water.

This is the second time Lin Chen said if you believe me. Xing Conglian thought, of course, I still believe in you.

But some words cannot be said, and some things must be asked clearly

"Why?" Xing Conglian asked.

"Remember that letter?"

"Um."

"She said, 'My dear, I can finally face death calmly', I.....Finally......" Lin Chen stared at Xing Conglian with cold eyes, "Think about it, when would you use such a word?"

"I finally ate crayfish, I finally drank cold beer......" Xing Conglian answered honestly.

"It's an indication of a state of completion or imminent completion with an extremely critical emotion."

Xing Conglian nodded, indicating that he understood what Lin Chen meant.

But even if Yu Yanqing had already decided to die when she wrote that letter, it did not mean that Yu Yanqing was the murderer who destroyed the rings and killed the young man.

There is no necessary logical connection between the two.

Xing Conglian paused for a while, and suddenly thought of one of the possibilities: "Could it be that Yu Yanqing was forced to write it?"

Lin Chen shook his head: "All of her words are in the first person, which means that when she wrote this letter, her self-awareness was very strong......" Lin Chen's tone was slow and gentle as if he was missing something. "She also wrote some letters to me before, and the font of the letter before her death is no different. You know, if Yu Yanqing was under coercion, then her emotions would fluctuate violently, the words she wrote would also tremble and the font would be messy, but I didn't notice that."

Xing Conglian scratched his messy hair: "What the hell is this girl thinking, is everything she writes so cold?"

"I've only read some of the letters, and I think the rest can be used as relics of the deceased. I'll give them to the police."

Lin Chen was a little sad.

When he collect those letters, he never thought about what would he do with them.

Perhaps one day, he will quit his job at the school and leave these letters here. But giving all the thoughts of a girl to the police is obviously the saddest destination.

He went back to the dormitory to get the letters. But there was someone was waiting for him.

It was three men in suits.

They were neatly dressed, their faces solemn, and even their leather shoes were meticulously polished.

Lin Chen had seen two of them in the promotion column of the third primary school in the city. They were the school principal and a board member. The other was someone Lin Chen had known for a long time.

Many times, in the homestay or in the hut, Lin Chen was awakened by a knock on the door, and the person standing at the door was this one.

"Hello, Mr. Butler." Lin Chen stood in front of his small dormitory, bowed slightly, and saluted the tall and thin man standing at the front.

In this day and age, those who can hire a housekeeper must be rich.

And if one can afford a silver-haired, noble butler, then they must be super-rich.

Therefore, when such a wealthy housekeeper stood in front of a somewhat shabby school and a simple dormitory, he seemed so out of place.

As if choked by dust, like all the villains in the movie, Chen Ping coughed lightly.

He lowered his head and looked at the young man in front of him.

He actually admired Lin Chen very much.

As the old housekeeper of the Chen family, he knows too many secrets. He knows very well what this young man has done, and he also knows how paranoid his master is.

Just like the rough mustard that grows under the gust of wind, young people who can survive calmly under endless oppression are always amazing.

But he is very professional. The Chen family gives him an annual salary equivalent to any corporate executive. His existence is to solve all kinds of troubles for the owners, of course, including troublesome people.

So he drove hundreds of miles, rushed to Hongjing, found the local relationship of the Chen family, and then went to find the director of Hongjing City No. 3 Primary School to make a request.

Few people can refuse the request made by the Chen family, not to mention, it is just such a trivial request.

Fire one of the school's dormitory managers.

In fact, this trivial matter did not require the school principal and directors to come forward.

He didn't even need to meet with Lin Chen.

But it just so happened that when he was about to leave, someone rushed into the principal's room.

The man said that a body was found in the school, and it was a dormitory manager named Lin Chen who called the police.

"Lin Chen, right? You were fired." The principal said with his head held high.

"Why?" Lin Chen glanced at the noble housekeeper and the proud principal.

"Look at how smoky you have made the dormitory look. There are corpses hidden in the dormitory building. Isn't it the responsibility of your dormitory manager? You even called the police!" The whole building can hear his loud voice.

"Okay."

As the roar lingered, a voice as dull as clear water sounded immediately.

The Principal was a little stunned. He didn't expect that the young dormitory manager would agree so easily. It was too dismissive and too light.

Just when he wanted to respond, another voice that was more understated and indifferent came from behind him.

"Principal~ Excuse me, are you dissatisfied with our police work?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

917K 54.7K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
1.4M 34.3K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
565K 19.5K 93
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...