CRIMINAL PSYCHOLOGY

By JunelynSalaver

------- One day, while Lin Chen read a book, Xing Cong Lian said to him, "You're a psychologist. Can you help... More

Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 1: Prologue
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 2: White Sand
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 3: Trouble
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 4: Behavior
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 5: Love Letter
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 7: Memories
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 8: Power
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 9: Finally
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 10: Letters
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 11: Try
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 12: The Key
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 13: Problem
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 14: Romance
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 15: Old Affairs
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 16: Invitation
Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 17: Questioning
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 18
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 19 (Destiny)
Arc 2: Two-way Trip 1, Chapter 20 (Once)

Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 6: Feelings

10 1 0
By JunelynSalaver

Trust is an odd word.

When you met someone for the first time, it was a little absurd to talk about trust.

But Lin Chen said if you trust me.

Xing Conglian thought: of course, I trust you.

This kind of trust is very strange. At that time, Xing Conglian thought that the reason why he trusted Lin Chen so much was because he believed that Lin Chen is a good person.

So he commanded his men to search for Yu Yanqing in the whole city.

However, Yu Yanqing did not commit any crime and was not reported missing either. So this so-called search was only monitoring her ID card, various resident cards, bank card information, and her temporary residence. Other than that, Xing Conglian can't do anything.

Xing Conglian put down the phone and looked back at Lin Chen.

Lin Chen lowered his head slightly, held ginger tea in both hands, and drank it in small sips. As if feeling Xing Conglian's gaze, he raised his head and said, "Take me to the hospital."

The Third People's Hospital of Hongjing City is the beginning of all stories.

If they want to solve the case, they'll have to go back there.

Because of the typhoon, there were not many people in the hospital.

Surrounded by icy white walls and smoky grey floor tiles, patients injured by the typhoon are arranged inside and outside the emergency room. Their low mourning echoes in the space, painful, irritable, and extremely terrifying.

Lin Chen put down his umbrella and brushed the rain off his shoulders.

The medical staff were busy among the patients, so the chief of the security department of the hospital was the one who received them.

The head of the security section was huge, leading the way at the front. When approaching the corner of the stairs, Lin Chen felt a chill for no reason.

The elevator door behind him suddenly opened, and the doctor in the white coat rushed out of the elevator first, followed by two nurses pushing the instruments.

The doctor rushed into a ward quickly, and after a short while, the high-pitched sound of the cardiac pacing alarm sounded, and the call to death almost pierced the eardrum.

Someone outside the ward began to cry, and someone sat quietly.

There was only one person, he left the chaotic crowd, looked around nonchalantly, then found a row of blue benches, and continued to lie down and sleep.

Just before going up the stairs, Lin Chen's eyes stayed on the row of benches.

"That's the nurse at the hospital." As if seeing his doubts, Xing Conglian explained.

"It's strange."

"What's strange?"

"Someone died, but he doesn't have any sadness." Lin Chen said.

"If you watch too much, of course, you will be numb." The security chief who accompanied him looked back at the nurse and said indifferently.

"Watch to much?"

"Yes, our hospital has signed a contract with a labour service company. Cleaners and nurses are long-term workers. They have been in the hospital longer than some doctors..."

Lin Chen suddenly stopped, he and Xing Cong looked at each other, and the police captain asked keenly, "Which labour service company signed the contract with your hospital?"

"'Good family', the largest labour service company in the city is theirs."

Lin Chen retracted his gaze. Xing Conglian decisively made a phone call, and instructed his subordinates: "Compare the photo of Yu Yanqing with the suspect who has been in and out of the mortuary of the third hospital."

After hanging up, he had a chat with the security section chief. However, how could the section chief of a large hospital have much of an impression on a girl? So he did not get any Information about Yu Yanqing.

Xing Conglian looked for Lin Chen subconsciously and found that Lin Chen was behind him, walking very slowly. Lin Chen was really just walking, he was not even looking around to check the surroundings.

"What are you thinking?" Xing Conglian asked, "Is Yu Yanqing the one who played with the corpse in the hospital?"

"No." Lin Chen shook his head and said, "I was thinking, why here?"

"It must be chosen because this place is very special." Xing Conglian replied.

Lin Chen nodded, then raised his head and asked, "Special in what way?"

"I don't know, it might be that someone was here, or something happened here, or they just liked this place. This answer is too broad..."

"It's not that wide either."

While speaking, they stopped.

In front of them was an ordinary white wooden door with the words "mortuary" written on the door number.

The incandescent lights above their heads flickered slightly, and the cries echoed in the concealed place.

The security captain took out the key and opened the door carefully.

The entire place where the corpses were placed was only two hundred square meters in size, and there was a very little space between them. It was obviously not wide, but the distance between life and death was more than that.

The shop where the strange male corpse had appeared were all empty, so Lin Chen quickly walked to an empty room and circled around it.

Because of the narrow space, he accidentally touched the hand of a dead man next to him. He glanced at the stiff and pale back of his hand, and suddenly remembered that Fu Hao had said that that person had been sleeping under the corpse.

Why lie under a corpse?

What does it feel like to lie under a dead body?

If you can't analyze it with reason, then close your eyes and feel it.

Lin Chen abruptly lifted the hanging sheet, bent down and got under the bed, lying flat on the ground.

The ground is cold, the surroundings are dark, the eyes can't see, and the ears can't hear As if all the senses are closed, and only the mind is clear.

You can imagine the corpses around you, you can imagine their sad or happy lives, how they were born and how they died.

At that time, the heartbeat will involuntarily speed up because of fear, but the brain will calm down.

In such a cold, quiet, and closed space, you will find that death is really close to you...

Lin Chen suddenly opened his eyes.

A light bell rang in the room.

Xing Conglian took out his mobile phone and hurriedly pressed the answer button.

When he finished answering the phone, Lin Chen had already stepped out of the room. He held the phone and said to Lin Chen, "There are clues."

The person who found the clue was a technician under Xing Conglian.

The technician's name is Wang Chao, and he has all the good qualities of a good technician, such as quick hands, chatter, and cuteness.

When he saw Lin Chen for the first time, the young man in the cap took out all the candies in his pocket and placed them on the table, then quickly picked all the chocolates in it and stuffed them all into Lin Chen's hand, while still asking: " Ah Jiang, Chinese cabbage, Ma Yuyu, who do you prefer? Warcraft, DOTA, LOL, which one do you like to play? How about a one-on-one game when you have time?"

Lin Chen was speechless. He looked at Wang Chao's innocent eyes and had to ask Xing Conglian for help.

Xing Conglian took a breath and said lightly, "Do you still want the taxi fare?"

The boy was chewing bubblegum and looked shameless, but he still sat down at the table obediently and spread out his laptop.

Because of the rain, No. 6 Yanjia Lane had a slight musty smell.

The teenager sneezed, turned on the phone and said, "Hey, I didn't ask you before, but why do you want to live here? My grandma lives in this kind of house, it's easy to get cold legs when you get old..."

"Your grandma is really tasteful." Xing Conglian said, while knocking on his head, and asked, "Stop talking, what clues?"

"Didn't you ask to find a woman this morning? I just find her, guess where she is?" Wang Chao said while fast-forwarding, with heavy dark circles on his face, "She was found in the hospital during the time when the first corpse appeared. She was pushing a cleaning cart into the morgue, so she could be the one who dressed the corpses."

A petite woman appeared on the screen, Wang Chao pressed pause and zoomed in on the picture.

Her face was thin, and the facial features were so small that they seemed to be crowded together. There was no sadness or joy on that face, and it seemed to have been tortured by life to lose its edges and corners.

Lin Chen looked at the skinny woman and nodded, confirming that it was the gardener who always sent him letters.

"This girl is called Yu Yanqing." Wang Chao said, then quickly opened a video with a double click: "I used a simple face recognition technology to find her in the video files related to today's case, and guess what!" He said, and quickly pressing pause, the picture freezes on the riotous street in the evening, "Here she is!"

Wang Chao pointed at a long-haired woman standing on the side of the street with cold eyes.

"Finally, guess what, it's really good." Wang Chao sighed, with a proud brilliance in his eyes, he quickly opened the last video file in the list, and said, "The location of the camera is at the intersection in front of Central Park, and the time is about 35 minutes before the incident."

In the surveillance video, Yu Yanqing seemed to have undergone earth-shaking changes. She was wearing a red dress and lipstick, her face was radiant, and she was walking towards the small park in high spirits.

Coincidence could not explain the appearance of the same person in three seemingly unrelated cases, Xing Conglian touched his chin and looked at Lin Chen. Although he didn't understand why Yu Yanqing wrote to Lin Chen to expose herself, he still asked: "Why don't we invite this beautiful lady over for tea?"

"I'm afraid it's too late. Let's go to Chunshui Street again." Lin Chen seemed to have caught a cold and his voice was hoarse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 15.6K 35
๐•๐ˆ๐‡๐€๐€๐ โ™ก ๐‘๐”๐‡๐€๐๐ˆ๐Š๐€ Ruhanika, a quiet introvert with a passion for books and study. She thrives in the world of words, finding solace in...
524K 33.3K 68
"Sshhhhh....." he hushed and pinned us against the wall leaving no space between us. I held onto his biceps with my hand in reflex. He shook his head...
212K 7.2K 56
แ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€แ€šแ€บ แ‹ แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€€แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธแ€œแ€Šแ€บแ€ธ แ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€…แ€บแ€œแ€ฌแ€›แ€„แ€บ แ€–แ€ฝแ€„แ€ทแ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€”แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ‹ แ€”แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€แ€ปแ€ฑ ๐Ÿ€ แ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธ & แ€”แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€ฅแ€ฎแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€•แ€บแ€...
3M 118K 75
"แ€˜แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€ถแ€€แ€œแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€แ€šแ€บ แ€„แ€œแ€ปแ€พแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€พแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ท.... แ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€›แ€•แ€ซแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€—แ€ปแ€ฌ...... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ€”แ€พแ€œแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€ทแ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ปแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ซ.... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€›แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ถแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€...