EYES ━━ seishu inui

By runlienie

"How do you heal tears that's caused by love?" In which, a girl reunites with her close friends back in midd... More

𝐢 ー first encounter
𝐢𝐢
𝐢𝐢𝐢
𝐢𝐯 ー the secret awaken.
𝐯
𝐯𝐢
𝐯𝐢𝐢 ー trouble
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢
𝐢𝐱
𝐱 ー memories
𝐱𝐢
𝐱𝐢𝐢
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢 ー from the start.
𝐱𝐢𝐯
xvi - the start of the bond.
bonus

xv

513 31 3
By runlienie

CHAPTER 15.

Dang it, it's starting to get hot.

Rolling my long white socks to my ankles like a donut, I hissed at today's awfully hot temperature. It's not even summer yet it's already hot! Just imagine how much hotter it will be when it's actually summer. I will melt for sure.

The only thing that's cooling me down at the moment was the light-bluish popsicle I'm holding right now. Soda-flavored popsicle. I don't even want to eat it, I just want it to cool me.

It's Saturday. And since I don't talk much to people at my school, also known as classmates, I have no one to hang out with during weekends except Mikey and Draken. Rindou and Ran too, yes. Mostly.

It was lonely indeed. I admit it. Sometimes I go out and see people or students around my age hanging out with their friends at malls and arcades. The way they laugh like there's no one around was envious. It sounded so fun, it sounded so genuine. Not like I've never been through it, I had. But not often, more like rarely.

Man.

"Your popsicle's melting."

My head suddenly turned to where the voice came from, beside me. I was stunned to see who spoke.

"Inui!" I exclaimed in utter astonishment.

And not only that, I felt the cold sticky liquid running down my fingers. Even the texture felt so sweet, you could feel the flavor touching your senses.

"Why buy a popsicle if you can't finish it?" The male beside me clicked his tongue and stepped near me. His left hand gripped my wrist, where I held the popsicle. And not even a second, he pulled my hand to his mouth and ate the remaining popsicle at a slow pace.

It made my heart skip a beat. More like losing beats. It wasn't slow, it was so fast. It was like it was beating fast, giving it's all, giving its strength until it stop and drops me dead by any second. My face was burning.

And just like that, he slurped the dessert and now there's nothing left.

I wasn't planning on eating it anyway.

"That was mine." I suddenly blurted out. I didn't know why I said that. But I wanted to have a conversation, the urge was strong for some reason. I didn't want him to walk away just like that.

"I know, that's why I ate it. Plus, it was melting and you were staring at who knows what. You didn't look like you had any plans on eating it, you've been holding it for minutes now." He then used his clothes to wipe the excess that remained on my fingers. Clothes, he was wearing a jumper and a white loose shirt. He used the fabric of the denim jumper to wipe my hands. And do I have to say that his clothes were somewhat stained with black liquid that looks like oil? Yeah.

"Well, yeah. I was just using it to cool my face." I bluntly replied, he guessed it right. Or maybe he has been watching me from somewhere.

He looked at me with confusion drawn all over his face, "You could've bought something to drink instead, not something that'll melt."

"Yeah, now that you mention it. I kind of thought that I should've stayed inside the store instead because it was cooler there." I awkwardly chuckled.

"You should've stayed home."

"I got bored," I instantly replied. After that, there was a brief moment of silence. I then turned my head to look at the group of teenagers that were hanging out in the park. I got bored. I'm getting bored.

"I'll accompany you then." He then said, making me look at him once again.

"Really? I don't want to bother you." I was concerned. Not about his schedule, but his thoughts on me. He might be forcing himself to accompany me because I sounded so depressed and lonely. And I don't want that.

"I don't see a reason you'll bother." Our eyes met. And it was the first time in a while since I'd seen his captivating emerald green orbs properly.

"If...you say so." I nodded and smiled at him. "I don't have a specific place to go to in mind. I might bore you."

"I have one that I think you'll like." His hand was then brought up, he passed a bottle to me.

A bottle of sparkling water. It wasn't new, it was drunken halfway. "You might want to drink that, you're looking dehydrated. You don't want to pass out."

Oh, so he's telling me to drink it. The bottle was very cold, and droplets were splattered on the surface of the bottle. It was foggy too. However, it was halfway drunk up. He probably drank half of it earlier. Not like I'm complaining though.

And instead of saying thank you, a stupid question came into my mind. And I got the strong urge to take over once again.

"Awh, you care for me? That's really nice." I didn't even regret saying it, to be honest.

Although what was said was a joke to me, Inui gave me a serious answer, "I'm just being nice but yes, I do."

"I was joking Inui."

"I know. But I'm not, especially the 'I care for you' part."
It made me feel this weird electrifying feeling inside my heart, I suddenly grinned. It may make me look stupid, but smiling towards some genuine words that someone said is more stupid. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. I didn't care. It's Inui who's talking anyway.

What a simp.
I've always liked him during junior high, it's kind of nostalgic.

"Where are we heading to?" I then proceeded to ask. I twisted the green cap of the bottle and opened it, hearing the sharp noise for a second before it all disappeared. Sparkling water is much similar to drinking soda. I brought the mouth of the bottle to my mouth and took a couple of chugs. Peach-flavored, I could taste the bland peach flavor.

"The beach. You know. There's one near here. Onjuku Chuo beach."

"Ah," I hummed. What a simple answer. I continued taking small sips of the beverage he gave me minute by minute.

Wait a minute.

It's his.

I'm drinking from where he drank! Oh my God, what... At this point, I didn't know what to feel. But to sum up every emotion I'm feeling right now, I'm flabbergasted, panicking, and flustered at the same time.

This is what they call an indirect kiss...? So this is what they felt as written in those romance books I read. I stared at the bottle, completely speechless. I wanted to shout, squeal, groan, or whatever. Just scream, but I couldn't. And by the fact, I was resisting the urge to not let emotions be painted on my face so visibly, I know for a reason that my face right now is flaming red.

"Are you okay?" Inui then turned to me. "Your face is burning." The male placed his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature while slightly leaning in. Too close, god damn it.

"Y-yeah, yeah, I'm fine. The sparkling water was spicy-" WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

"Spicy?" Inui laughed between his words. This guy is just so...

"No, I didn't say that. I said it's hot, the weather. The weather's very hot."

He laughed again and said, "You're that hot? Come on, we're here."

And indeed we were. I didn't even notice.

The beach. Strangely, nobody else was around. The beach was silent, all you could hear were waves splashing the surface of the sand.

It made me excited so I set foot on the sand and approached the water.

"You won't mind if I go in, do you?" I cheekily asked the male as I crouched down and started to write squiggles on the sand.

"Do as you please, I don't mind." He replied with a small smile.

I don't plan on going in entirely. I just wanted my feet to touch and know how cold the water was. So, I removed my shoes and my socks and threw them somewhere where the waves wouldn't be able to reach them. And slowly, I stepped in.

I felt the refreshing feeling wash over me as the waves minute by minute crashed on my skin.

Everything felt nostalgic for a moment.

"What made you join Tenjiku?" Suddenly, Inui asked.

"Huh?"

"You know,"

I looked at my toes which were slightly covered with wet sand. This topic will never be avoidable huh? "Ran." I simply answered.

"Why?"

"Hmm," I hummed and started walking. From the side of my eye, I could see him grab my shoes alongside my socks and hold them with his index and middle finger as he followed me from behind. I like this, but not the conversation maybe.

"Ran has always admired the leader. I thought if I decline Izana, it would affect Ran and Rindou's image." I sighed, "I didn't want them to have a bad reputation because of me. I know well how they treated me nicely ever since my mom married their dad."

"I guess I wanted to repay their good deeds, repay them for taking care of me. So I accepted it."

"I can fight after all." I turned around and showed him both of my fists and punched the air lightly.

He chuckled at my gesture, and I found myself smiling because of it once again.

"How was the experience?" He then asked.

"You mean... How was my experience in Tenjiku?" I asked and he nodded.

"You sure you want to know that? You can ask anything else, you know." But I could answer that too.

"Then, why do you act like you don't remember us when your eyes clearly know?"

His question made me pause for a moment. I turned my back to him and started walking again, quietly. Now I regret telling him that.

"Uhm," I coughed. Am I even supposed to answer? - he did ask after all but...

"Don't lie." His tone went soft, and I could feel him looking at me even if had my back to him. I didn't want to lie, I didn't want to tell him, but I didn't want to hold it in either.

He already asked the question, all I had to do was say the answer. If don't answer now, when? If not now, when? You don't know when he'll be asking that question again. It could take him 4 years, or more. Plus, it'll be harder if you tell him by yourself, without him questioning, right from yourself.

"I don't know." That was what came to my mouth. "But I did it on purpose." I don't even know what I'm trying to tell him.

Once again, silence fell between the two of us.

You can do it.

"Whenever Izana lets me walk around the streets near our school back in junior high, we used to stay in a cafe. There, I watched you and Koko walk home together whenever I get the time to."

"Perhaps I was consumed by the loneliness I felt when I was newly recruited. Ran and Rindou weren't always there since they had their own things to handle. Seeing you and Koko have fun while walking home together made me envy but also miss both of you. Which I disliked very much, and that disliking idea made me believe I hated you."

I awkwardly chuckled and continued, "More like, I was telling myself to hate you to forget and focus..."

"Why didn't you come out and talked to us then?"

"Believe me, I wanted to. I just-... Didn't know how to. I couldn't decide if I should tell you that I joined a gang. But I thought it would make you guys dislike me so... I chose not to."

"(Name)," Seishu called out, making me face him slowly. "I was already a delinquent at that time. I was a member of the black dragons, what made you think that? I could never, and would never hate you. The same goes for Koko."

"And that time, it was Koko who cheered me up because I was drowning in emotions I couldn't understand because of your sudden disappearance. I felt miserable."

"Indeed I received my diploma after graduation, but I wanted you to be there when I get my hands on it." The thought of it made me feel a sharp pang in my chest.

Inui Seishu wanted me to watch his graduation, despite knowing well that I find it boring, he wanted me to be there.

That time, I wanted to be there too.

I couldn't help but chuckle lowly as I imagined how it would look if I attended his graduation. I bet he wouldn't even focus on their speech and keep on waving at me from time to time like how he used to during rehearsals.

"I'm sorry." I looked him in the eyes, "I never wanted to hate you two. Really."

"I just got or became selfish that time. But I remember you well. I still know all the things we did in the library, and I remember clearly how I lied to the school president. I remember them all."

"Seishu, I am very sorry. I apologize for everything. I was so stupid." I bit my cheeks and looks at the ground. There, I've said it all. Maybe we'll just wait for him to hate me again.

"All I wanted was to hear that from you, that you remember me." He replied, walking towards me, wetting his sneakers slightly. "I forgive you. Since you finally called me by my first name like you mean it."

He gently patted my head, but it also felt like he was patting my heart.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

After that, both of us continued to walk without having a specific destination. We walked where our feet dragged us, converse about most random things, and talk about the past since...it was the only thing we could use as a topic for now.

Inui didn't remove his shoes the whole time. All he did was walk beside me while he held my shoes and ask if I needed a towel.

It wasn't a boring day after all.

"It's my first time watching the sunset with somebody other than Koko." He commented as we both sat on the sand and watched the orange orb slowly sink in below the depths.

"Really? Same to be honest. I never really go out, especially at this hour." I commented back and chuckled at the male.

"Guess like we're the same after all." He laughed, light-heartedly.

With both of us focused on the sun and the skies that blended the shades of the color orange, yellow, and red, we watched the sunset with small smiles plastered on our faces. And I felt close to him once again, just like in junior high.

"Today was going pretty rough for me." He spoke, not tearing his eyes away from the scenery, "But you just gave me the best birthday gift ever."

"Wait- it's your birthday?!" I gasped in shock, looking at him with wide plate eyes. Just what did he say just now?!

"Heh, yeah." He scoffed and looked at the sand below him. "Things weren't going as planned. But despite those, I saw you, and now I'm here. Knowing that you remember me and even called me by my first name, just made my day for some reason."

Woah.

"Happy birthday, I didn't know. I'll bake you something tomorrow!" I nudged his shoulder and grinned.

"My birthday doesn't need any cakes every year." He mumbled, but I couldn't quite catch it.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. But sure, I'll look forward." He gave me an okay sign and grinned as well. After that, we continued to watch the sun and walked home after. Tomorrow, I'll be baking him a cake. I'm already excited.

---

"My birthday doesn't need any cakes every year as long as I'm with you."

Happy birthday to our sweet sweet sweet pretty boy Inui! <3 I really feel like crying for some reason. I made this chapter for his birthday lmamamamamamamamamamao.

Don't forget to vote. And I apologize for mistakes, I don't proofread. 💩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 81 12
•▪︎ 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 : 𝑨 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆 ▪︎• Inui seishu, a young man with barely sufficient enough earnings. What will he do when he me...
26.7K 589 21
╭───╯ . . . . . ➷ Did you know.... There is a kind of love called... Letting Go? ➶ . . . . . ╰───╮ ╔...
18.2K 344 32
A group of boys finally moves to Tokyo to go to collage. Little did they know, they're gonna meet their soon to be lovers.... Oh, and did I forget to...