𝐱𝐢𝐢

CHAPTER 12
The missing and the missed.

It was a normal day. Yes, everything was completely normal. You were reading a newspaper while Izana was standing by the kitchen counter quietly.

Both of you were quiet at the moment.

And you never questioned. You were just there, he was just there.

It was more like a day off for you and the others. No delinquent activities, no gang missions, no nothing. And you were thankful for it, it felt like months since you had your last day off.

"[naaaaaaaame]," he suddenly called out, making you put the newspaper on the table and make your way towards him who's in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" You softly replied to his calling and went beside him.

He was making sushi rolls, and the kitchen sure was a mess. And the sushi wasn't even rolled. You also noticed how his eyebrows were furrowed, his face looked grumpy.

"Help me," he simply asked like a baby and you follow.

"What even are you trying to do?" You laughed and grabbed the seaweed and the wooden roller from the male whose hands were all sticky with rice.

This is Kurokawa Izana, the leader of Tenjiku. He's the most feared and strongest person, not even you could defeat him even if you just think about it. He's mostly stoic, standoffish, and selfish when he's outside doing gang work.

But this is how he is when it's just the two of you. Sometimes with Kakucho.

He's childish and adorable. You can't even believe he's two years older than you.

"Salmon sushi rolls, but I can't roll them." He hissed and watched you, not bothering to even wash his hands.

"You didn't put the cucumbers, Izana."

"Oh, what,"

You chuckled at his behavior and decided to redo everything. Starting by spreading the seaweed on the wooden roller, then adding rice, and after that the cucumber and the salmon.

"See? The cucumber plays a very important role. If not because of the cucumber, the sushi won't roll perfectly." You then sliced the sushi into smaller bits.

"It's like you and me." He pouted and began nibbling on the rice that was in his hands, "You're the cucumber, meanwhile I'm the rest. You're important to me."

His sudden remark made you stop your hands from slicing. It made your breath hitch as you felt your face flaming in an instant.

What did he just say?

"Why did you suddenly think of making these by yourself? You know I could help you right?" You tried to shrug it off, but your face was too hot that it bothers you.

"I wanted to learn because no one will make me these when you leave tenjiku." He giggled.

"So, you want to leave Tenjiku, right?" He suddenly asked as he moved to the sink and washed the rice off his hands.

The kitchen was suddenly filled with silence.

Indeed, you wanted to leave. You wanted your normal life back. You missed your friends, Mikey and Draken. You missed everything and you just want them back.

But after those years you've spent with Izana, you became close to him too. Quitting the gang was your wish some months ago, but now? You don't even know.

"Come with me to the rooftop. It's chill there." He then asked you to follow him.

The rooftop indeed was chilly. It was perfect for the atmosphere you're having between you and your boss. Cold autumn nights.

"I'll let you leave," he then finally said. Your eyes perked up at the male and stood astonished beside him, "- in one condition."

You knew it. You thought it was very foolish of you to think that he'd let you go easily.

"If you leave Tenjiku, don't join any gangs after this. Not even one, black dragons, Moebius, toman, none."

Unlike your stepbrother or your childhood friends, you weren't a delinquent. And you've never wished to be one. You thought to yourself as you nodded, thinking that what he wanted was very easy to fulfill.

After all, you have worked well and hard under Izana's command. You already feel fed up, you had enough.

"Please promise me you won't be joining any gangs in the future." Words sadly slipped from his mouth and you couldn't help but feel upset with his sudden change of mood.

He was making things harder.

It was hinted in his voice, his sadness, his loneliness. Yet he forced out a smile. He didn't want to be selfish to you this time. He knows everything you've done for him. And he appreciates them all.

You watch Izana as he sits down on the ground with his head high up, gazing at the stars that shimmered in the night skies. You could only stand beside him and stare.

This was what you wanted right? This was what you wanted, to quit tenjiku.

"I promise, I won't be joining any. ー and you. Must take care of yourself."

He let out a chuckle and held onto your hand as he quietly sat down, "Worried as always?" he asked, finally looking at you.

His eyes, when will you be able to see them once again after this?

"You're reckless sometimes. I mean, most of the time." You answered truthfully.

"Will we see each other again?"

"I don't know. But if we do, make sure you bring me ice cream."

________

"[Name]?" A familiar voice then called out your name. A familiar low voice. Your smile stretched wider as you excitedly approached the male. You were so excited, you were even squealing inside your head.

"Is that...really you?" You could see the disbelief in their faces.

Drake stood with his mouth agape, hitting Mikey's shoulder multiple times to look at where the tall delinquent was looking at.

It's been two years.
And you have to lie about everything that happened all those years.
You hoped it will be the last time you'll be lying to your dearest childhood friends.

"Uhm. Hey." You waved at them.

"[NAAAAAME]!!!!" Mikey called out loudly and started to run towards your way, with his arms opened widely, waiting for you to come closer to him so that he could hug you.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOUR HAIR GREW, IT'S SO LONG, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! YOU LOOK PRETTIER NOW, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??!" Multiple questions were asked as he climbed onto you, nuzzling his face like a koala.

It felt warm, you finally felt at home. You were finally back.

"I missed you,"

Somehow those words of Mikey's reminded you of Izana.

Finally done. 😩