xvi - the start of the bond.

CHAPTER 16

"Just what are you going to do with these?!" Rindou, my shopping companion for today, complained with a groan as he held every bag I gave him while I moved to a different aisle. I turned to him and checked everything for the fifth time to check if I got everything on the list.

Flour, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, and...okay. That's about it. I nodded and gestured for the male, also known as Rindou, to follow me to the cashier to pay.

"I'm going to bake," I said as I took my wallet out of my bag.

The male scoffed and replied, "I can see that, but why so many?" He shoved the ingredients to the counter and also grabbed his wallet, lightly nudging my arm away.

"Just in case I fail. I'm doing it with a friend." I continued, "And, you're not paying." I yanked my arm and pushed him away lightly.

"You don't get to boss me around, especially in public." he grabbed his cash and placed it on the counter even though the cashier register was not finished scanning every item yet. I frowned in defeat and mumbled a small thank you.

"And, who's the friend you're baking with?" Rindou passed me the smaller paper bag as he carried the bigger one. I cleared my throat before answering,

"Seishu."

"Who's that?" he asked with a deadpanned expression and my mouth fell agape after hearing his question, "You don't know? The one you met at the bakery?"

"The blonde or the black-haired guy?"

"Blonde."

"That?" he asked in disbelief, "Why that?"

"What do you mean why that? First of all, it's him, not that. Second, so what? We're just friends." I explained to him sassily as we exited the store together, he had an unreadable expression written all over his facade. Not like it bothered me. It's I who'll bake with Inui anyway, not him, not Rindou.

"You like him, do you?" he asked.

"Do I?" I asked back.

"I think so," he replied. Answered his own question. I decided not to say anything further to drop the topic although I didn't want to change it. I wanted or liked the topic, but there was just this lingering feeling that was telling me now was not the right tie to speak about it. Perhaps I wasn't sure about my feelings for him.

My mind was telling me that I do like him, but my heart was quiet. Unsure of my feelings.

"I don't know." I simply replied with a shrug.

"I can't really help you when it comes to romantic feelings, or whatever surface you're feeling. I'm not good with those. I suggest you tell them to Ran because most of the time, I go to him when I'm frustrated. He's a good therapist." The male beside me sighed dramatically which made me chuckle slightly.

"Therapist?" I repeated and he nodded.

"Uh-huh." He nodded. "You'll see what I'm talking about when you try to talk to him about serious stuff."

"I'll keep that in mind then." I hummed.

"But don't forget, I could still try to help you, you know? It's not only Ran, I'm here too. Get that in your brain."

---

"Hey!" I greeted as I opened the door, "You came earlier than expected." I say to Inui who only chuckled at me. I gestured for the male to come in with a small smile. It hasn't even been an hour since Rindou left after carrying my groceries.